[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a shooter with a power as good as/similar to this? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Deadlock.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlock.webm
3MB, 900x506px
Is there a shooter with a power as good as/similar to this? I've played Timeshift and Quantum Break and this ability just blows everything out of the water and almost trivializes the game once you upgrade it. Anything else like this in shooters?
>>
>>381768194
>shooter with a power as good as/similar to this
>posts Binary Domain
>>
File: si.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
si.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>381768194

I do love Binary Domain, especially the wave based mode, but sorry, i should have been more clear. I was looking for either time-manipulation powers that are that strong in shooters or other powers in general that trivialize the overall game once you get em.
>>
>>381768092

Holy shit OP what fucking game is this.

Also FEAR has time manipulation powers but nothing to this degree.
>>
>>381768092
I miss Raven. They weren't making the most original games, but they were making good games.

>>381768617
Singularity.
>>
>>381768617

Called Singularity. Surprisingly nice little shooter, but that power is the real standout. If you play it, upgrade that as soon as possible, throw it anywhere you expect to be ambushed or engaged, take out everyone at your leisure.
>>
>>381768781
>>381768792

I need to play Singularity, shame it isn't on Steam. I actually pirated it a while back, I just need to get around to playing it, I never did for some reason. Raven are based devs though.

Jedi Outcast and Academy where god tier. IIRC with some of the force speed powers in that, it basically slowed time too.
>>
Seems like a really cheap power that completely takes any challenge out of the game.

Just like FEAR's slow motion thing.
>>
>>381768963
It is on Steam, just not the first result (that's something called Ashes of Singularity).
>>
>>381769054
>Seems like a really cheap power that completely takes any challenge out of the game.

Yeah, I really like those types of things, know any other shooters with similar powers?

Personally I wouldn't count F.E.A.R's slow mo, at least in the first game, since it was so heavily based around it from the ground up, I'd say.
>>
>>381768963

It's totally on steam.
>>
>>381768092
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines has one discipline that at max level turns every gun fight into that one scene from Matrix.
>>
>>381769136
You can easily complete OG FEAR without slow-mo or quicksaves on Extreme. AI is kind of dumb.

It just isn't really fun.
>>
>>381769069

Oh then it must not be available in my region. Fuck I hate Steams region bullshit so fucking much. You can't even get gifted across regions now can you?

>>381769054

People act like FEARs slo mo was game breaking when it wasn't anything near that. I thought it was pretty well implemented.
>>
>>381768092
Singularity is literally one of those hidden gem games that were universally rated as meh/10 when released but were actually great and people seem to begin re-discovering it nowadays.
>>
>>381769136

Regardless if you wanna count it or not, it's still really cheap and completely undermines any challenge the game has to offer.

There are plenty of video games that have powers that are so broken and unbalanced though.
>>
>>381768092
Vanquish. A fast as fack game where you can slow down time and literally shoot at projectiles or just run away from bullets.
>>
>>381769206
>You can't even get gifted across regions now
I think you couldn't before too? Or could you if you used a VPN?
>FEARs slo mo was game breaking
Depends on how you use it, really. If you lean and slow-mo to headshot people without any chance of retaliation, it's even easier than just leaning. If you use it to jump right in the middle of a firefight and bicycle-kick dudes in the face, it's fine.
>>
File: Dishonored_box_art_Bethesda.jpg (37KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored_box_art_Bethesda.jpg
37KB, 250x310px
>>381768092
Not a shooter, but has the best time shenanigans. Starts out as slowdown and can be upgraded to complete stop.
>>
>>381769175
>>381769335

No worries I just realized Singularity is also on GoG and available in my region. Dunno why the fuck steam is being retarded about it.

Also I played FEAR like a madman jumping through fights shotguning people in the face and kicking them. I fucking loved that game. Playing it like a cover shooter would just ruin the fun of FEAR.
>>
>>381768092
Time shift
also, UT4 because this is basic UE3 feature, it's not even impressive.
>>
>>381769507

Are you actually shocked steam is doing something retarded?

It's like a given nowadays for steam.
>>
>>381768092
ÜberSoldier I/II (2nd wasnt really a sequel, more like standalone expansion).
>>
>>381769576

Yeah like I said in OP, I did play Timeshift, the powers were good but you couldn't use them often enough.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.