[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright what I'm going to ask is probably pretty fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: RainWorld.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RainWorld.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
Alright what I'm going to ask is probably pretty fucking dumb, so brace yourselves.

Have you ever been playing through a game which you're unable to tell if you're actually enjoying or not?
I don't just mean for like an hour or two either, because that would be a decent amount of time to gauge if you're gonna like the game or not usually, but I mean like 10+ hours and STILL being unable to tell if you're actually having any fucking fun?

It's happening to me right now with Rain World.
I've been playing for 30 hours, I've visited almost every area, I've killed the vast majority of enemies I've came across and yet if you were to ask me what the objective or the point of this game is, I couldn't tell you. I literally do not fucking know what the purpose of this game is.

Survive? Surely that's not it, death is not punishing. I mean it seems like it is at first, but it's not at all.
Even if it was to survive, then to what end? Survive till when? Until you get bored?

Follow what the little alien guy is pointing you towards? That seems pointless too.

Everything about this game seems pointless. You conquer a new areas challenges and you get absolutely nothing to show for it. You walk into the next area feeling exactly the same, you didn't gain any new powers from that other area, you didn't fight any bosses, there's no sense of fucking closure.

Feels like I'm playing a game that is barebone in the weirdest way possible. Areas are fleshed out greatly but there's nothing to fucking do in them.
>>
i can't tell if i enjoy anything because i have clinical depression
>>
Rain World looks pretty and the movement is satisfying but everything else about the game is complete crap
>>
that sums up the surge for me.

pros:
>looks neat
>semi-realistic take on the near future
>combat is A1
>runs great
>difficult, in a fair way

cons
>shit lore
>shit story development
>shit quests
>shit characters
>shit "beat this boss a certain way to get the best weapon" mechanic
>a few animations are jank and flaccid
>difficulty only stems from basic bitch enemies cleaving your health by 33% in one swipe
>>
I'm not going to address the concern of purpose in a game when one of the top selling games on steam is a farming simulator. Forget about 'purpose'.

As far as satisfaction goes, I would say it's in exploration, and like other metroidvanias, to use your newly acquired skills/abilities(in Rain World's case, simply learning to get passed enemies after proper karma level and using certain enemies to navigate properly) to continue on. It's the same fucking game as SotN with a slugcat that isn't magic instead of a faggy vampire killer.

>Follow what the little alien guy is pointing you towards? That seems pointless too.

Are you telling me you haven't even beaten the fucking game yet?

Wait, alien, as in a symbol that looks like an alien face?

>I've visited almost every area

And you still haven't met the alien in question? Nigger, that's not even halfway through the game.
>>
>>381767506
Does it need a story? Its got fun gameplay and those cool personal gameplay moments.

Personally I think its fun to just roam, try and tame some lizards and just interact with the ecosystem.(after I beat the maingame of course)

Postgame dlc looks cool too
>>
>>381768117
>Are you telling me you haven't even beaten the fucking game yet?
Nope, I've been fucking about trying to kill everything and open up all of the 'paths'

>And you still haven't met the alien in question? Nigger, that's not even halfway through the game.
I did. I found her, tried to release her from her shackles, didn't work, so I fucking ate her shiny things and killed her.
Now I can see some orange shit which seem to be leading me somewhere which I'm actively ignoring since I've got like 2 more areas before I unlock the Wander path.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.