[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just beat pic related for the first time, and holy shit. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 27

File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
I just beat pic related for the first time, and holy shit. This is it. We shouldn't ask for more. This is the very peak of video games. It's as great as video games will ever be. I have been playing since the SNES. There is literally no point in making or playing any more video games at this point.
>>
You are a retard with shit taste that got into gaming after
2007 and it shows, stop shitposting about things you know nothing about like playing since the SNES
>>
>>381765401
Hey man I will agree that Bloodborne was fucking amazing and it's definitely high up there but it aint that great
>>
>>381765506
>superiority complex
>>
>haha you have to read the items for the plot

Stupid fucking game.
>>
>>381765935
Good, then you can focus on the gameplay without needing to take notes for a fucking story
>>
File: Lady Maria 8.jpg (817KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Maria 8.jpg
817KB, 1536x2048px
>>381765401
Good shit m8. Definitely a generational classic. Glad you had fun.

You played the DLC too, right?
>>
>>381765401
Meh, depends on personal taste, this was ok, but I enjoyed ds3 more.
>>
>>381765401
BLoodborne is excellent but if you stop now we'll never get anything better. It CAN be topped we just need From to actually care about it unlike with Dark Souls.
>>
>>381765401
Oh and for sure play the DLC, it makes the main game seem like a 7/10 in comparison and gives some cool insight into what the fuck is actually going on in the main game.
>>
>>381765401
So you roll roll attack for 6 hours and you win? What a fun game!
I did not see this sage comming you autistic retard.
>>
>>381765401
is it your first soulsborne?

I felt the same way after Dark Souls (I did play DaS after DeS btw, but they were back to back playthroughs so it felt like one whole playthrough. I stuck with DaS after that).

I was so hooked to DaS I didn't feel like playing anything else for like two years. Everything else felt like such a huge downgrade, absolutely loved that game.

However eventually I burned out hard after hundreds and hundreds of hours, and didn't ever want to even look at DaS again. I returned to it many years later just for one playthrough, and it was great, but that's it.

2bh I don't know how you can feel that way about Bloodborne though. Yeah it was great, and I did rinse a good 300+ hours in it before getting burned out of it as well, but BB doesn't have nearly as good online as DaS had (invasions, coop, PVP, everything). With DaS there was so much to do, so many builds to make, and it was also much more non-linear.

DaS2&3 were both very disappointing games.
>>
>>381768220
you forgot the loading screens and backtracking
>>
Was it, dare I say, kino?
>>
>>381768324
It's ludo for video games. And yes, it's ludo.
>>
>>381768271
I honestly quit DS1 after dying over and over to Asylum Demon. I'm now on my 6th playthrough of Bloodborne.
>>
>>381769458
nice b8 m8
>>
>>381769458
As much as I agree that BB is better than DaS, I refuse to believe you couldn't figure out the Asylum Demon.
>>
>>381765401
It is to video games what Birth of a Nation was to film and Shakespeare was to books. A complete revolution of storytelling and active gameplay.
>>
>>381769730
how is levelling up and hack n slash gameplay revolutionary?
>>
It's literally the perfect videogame narrative.

Interesting, feigned beginnings (this is a lycan/vampire piece right? WRONG) breadcrumbs of strangeness, then full blown bucket over the head shift, mindfucks and questions galore, thoughts of what it is to be awake, to be asleep, to be dead, to be born

Facing Gehrman at the end was just marvelous.

Going through the DLC and having things made sense of, everything looked into, but just enough that there's still mystery.

Literally no other game has got this close to 10/10 in all fields.

I can call Super Mario 64 a 10/10 for gameplay, but the plot vehicle is laughable.

Not many games do what BB does.

Nails a theme, a story, a soundtrack, visuals, gameplay, combat, and then even has multiplayer shit to boot, with a roguelike mode included.

Some people might say it has less RPG than the Souls games do, but their degree of "RPG" is mostly nonsense copy pasta of weapons and animations to facilitate some fake idea that you have options.

BB is the most replayable to me purely because it's so much more fun and less of a time wastey korean grind at times unless you want it to be, that's cool too.

It's meat and potatoes mechanics, narrative, music and systems.
>>
>>381765401
10 days
>>
>>381770034
Only noobs have to level up and press r1. Go back shitter.
>>
>>381770037
wow

what

a

nice

spacing

you

have

there

my

friend

it

makes

it

so

easy

to

read

everything
>>
Daily Reminder that Bloodborne you can literally start game, karatechop enemies, grab saw spear, get to Ward, get to Old Yarnham, get to Amelia, get to Forest, get to Rom, get to Micolash, get to Nurse without ever, ever leveling up, upgrading anything or ever visiting the hub, until you need to fight Gehrman.

You can play the game in a "single cut" as it were. The only loading screen you see is:

>Rom to Unseen Village
>Unseen to Nightmare
>Warp from Wet Nurse to Dream to fight Gehrman

Just 3.
>>
>>381770450
this new meme obsession about spacing is really gay
>>
>>381770523
so?
>>
>>381768103
DLC is okay. It takes like a few hours to get through and one of the bosses is a reskin and living failures is pretty shitty. Lots of good weapons though if you plan on doing NG+. You're definitely overrating it to say it's that much better than the main game.
>>
>>381770987
Living Failures has a great arena and the attack with the whole cosmos is awesome
>>
> This is the very peak of video games.

It really is video games at their best. No tedious exposition from wannabe film writers, no cinematic qte's stealing the controller from the player during a climatic encounter, no pandering to otaku, casuals or online communities. Just mystery and challenge and exploration and strategy and atmosphere and, overall, a respect and agency given to the player at all times.
>>
>>381771039
Xd
>>
>>381770037
I think the execution of the narrative that's special. The content of the plot is as always subject to taste but the execution is fucking perfect for the medium. While I wouldn't want every game to be done in this style it's certainly a major step in developing video game storytelling.
>>
>>381771039
>attack with the whole cosmos is awesome
first time that happened I jizzed my pants and literally praised miyazaki
>>
>>381770523
Wow it's almost as if Dark Souls did the exact same thing except better.
>>
>>381766054
This. I fucking hate story-driven games.
>>
>>381765401
>This is the very peak of video games.
Im the big fan of From Software creations, but to be honest this is way too much. There is no peak in creative works and Bloodborne isnt even at the highest point. Its really good game, but desu Souls-like genre is still a newborn baby and it will take much longer to get close to its potential limits.
>>
>>381770579
Space your shit properly and people won't complain. Seriously, do you really need a space for each sentence?
>>
>>381772853
i wasn't even the guy who made the post m8. your newfag meme is still fucking gay.
>>
File: cast him in.jpg (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
cast him in.jpg
56KB, 250x250px
>>381770037
>It's literally the perfect videogame narrative.
>>
>>381772945
>meme meme MEME MEMEM MEEMEMEMEME EVERYTHING IS A MEME XDDD

Jesus Chirst.
>>
>>381773072
yup. we never had these post before, but now they're all over the place. enjoy your memethink and stay triggered newfriend.
>>
>>381773195
>calling out abhorrent text formatting is a meme

Whatever you say, doc
>>
>>381765401
I pretty much agree. The only other single player story-driven game that drew me in as much as BB was MGS2.
>>
>>381765401

Youre delusional. It was not even half as good as das3. The armor looked all the same and didnt make create interesting combinations, very few weapons, short game, literally ever world has the same color scheme, dark red, dark black, and dark purple. And this is coming from a PS4 fanboy, its not that amazing.
>>
>>381765401
Literally me during my entire playtime with breath of the wild
>>
>>381774254
>It was not even half as good as das3
LMAO
>>
>>381773519
That's because both are two of the few of the games that actually supplant your expectations with a bait-and-switch about what the game is going to be about.
>>
>>381765401
It´s awesome. Dark Souls 3 is fucking great as well. Love the pvp.
>>
The game is worth the PS4.
>>
File: AHHH! A Kosmolite!.png (802KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
AHHH! A Kosmolite!.png
802KB, 1500x1125px
>>381774254
>calls someone else delusional
>thinks DaS3 is anywhere close to top-tier
>>
>>381774783
HE'S BLACK! OMG HE'S BLACK! AAAAAAAAAH! SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE I I CANT TAKE IT OMFG HELPAEKLFALKDFJA;LKDJFA;LKDFA;LKDFJA;LDKFAD
>>
>>381765506
>gaming
ebin retard
>>
>nu-/v/ thinks souls-esque game number 324234 is a revolution in gaming.
shiggy diggy faggots
>>
>>381774254
DaS3
>Better boss consistency (debatable).
>More items.
BB
>Better music.
>Better atmosphere.
>Better narrative.
>Better enemies.
>Better weapons.
>Better combat.
>Better mechanics (tricking > battle arts, belt casting > catalysts, BB's BSing > DaS3 BSing, beast/kin > dragon, etc).
>Less linear.
>Actually has an ending.
>etc.
>>
File: Shut Up and Take My Money.jpg (37KB, 496x281px) Image search: [Google]
Shut Up and Take My Money.jpg
37KB, 496x281px
>>381765401

The only thing that could be better than Dark Souls is MORE DARK SOULS.

That's why I buy all the DLC they offer, I could spend the rest of my life just playing new Dark Souls content and I would be so happy I don't care how rich they get off my money.
>>
>>381768007
>It CAN be topped we just need From to actually care about it unlike with Dark Souls.
This phrase is how we spot a Sonybro. Bloodborne is unironically worse than DaS2 and feels much more phoned in than any DaS game.
>>
>>381775643
DaS1 is easily the most phoned-in and botched game in the series.
BB is the best-in-series in a number of respects, and that's why it has a higher metacritic rating than the rest of the series and consistently wins /v/ strawpolls.
>>
>Soulshit
>peak of videogames
>>
>>381765401
I'm playing through it right now and I would be glad if all of you could stop shitposting. It isn't the "Mona Lisa of video games" like some idiot said once. It is just a great game. Move on Jesus Christ.
>>
>>381765506
I only got into gaming in 2008, what happened in 2007 that made gaming different?
>>
File: When he hasnt read the manga.png (557KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
When he hasnt read the manga.png
557KB, 1280x720px
>>381775817
>DaS1 is easily the most phoned-in and botched game in the series.
>>
>>381765401
>Too short
>60% of vanilla bosses suck
>Chalice Dungeons
>Bloodvials are inferior to estus in every way
>Shitty performance
>Locked-on camera still terrible (see webm)
>Locked-off camera is atrocious to dealing against fast bosses (Maria or Orphan)
>80% of the game is the same city setting
>Sidestep is only 8-directional.

Still a 10/10 game comparing to other shits released these days, but nothing is perfect.
>>
>>381775491
CAnt tell if sarxastoc
>>
>>381776302
Yeah, they literally downgraded the combat from Demon's and a quarter of the game isn't done.
>>
>>381765935
>muh plot
carmack is absolutely right. fuck story, fuck lore, just give me good game mechanics and an immersive atmosphere.

I can make up my own lore in my head and guarantee it will be better and more interesting than the shit the socially retarded devs came up with.
>>
>>381765401
Try dark souls 3
It's better in every possible way
>>
>>381770579
reddit kiddos trying to fit in by calling out everything they see as reddit
>>
>>381776538
DeS itself was unfinished. What's your point? Also if the combat in DaS was downgraded, then what the fuck is Bloodborme's R1-spam-to-win combat?
>>
File: Outlook-not-so-good.jpg (20KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
Outlook-not-so-good.jpg
20KB, 640x348px
>>381776350
>that frame where you can see his screaming face falling straight onto you
>>
It was too short to be honest
>>
>>381775860
/thread

I hate this souls fad
>>
>>381770523
It just shows how shitty the hub world is. The game would have been much better if you weren't able to teleport everywhere all the time.
>>
>>381776547
>carmack is absolutely right. fuck story, fuck lore, just give me good game mechanics and an immersive atmosphere.

Yeah where's Carmack now with his dogshit Daikatana?
>>
>>381770523
that sounds like a fun "challenge run". I'll probably try it once I plat.
>>
>tfw never finished this game because I got stuck at one part

I need to return to it so I can play the DLC
>>
>like demon's souls and bloodborne
>think the dark souls series is boring as shit in comparison

is something wrong with me, am I just a contrarian hipster and don't know it, or what
>>
>>381778243
You have to get into the bleak, desolate atmosphere of Dark Souls to really appreciate it.
>>
>>381778243
You're a giant faggot or a retarded Sony bro, yes there is something wrong with you.
>>
>>381778327
But Demon's Souls does atmosphere better.
>>
>>381778243
It's probably because the Dark games feel less like games that are out to challenge you and more like games that are out to gloat about how they beat you into submission.
>>
>>381776893
The spam to win is literally worse in Dark Souls 1 due to poise and infinites allowing you to literally stand there and mash with impunity. There is no infinites and poise in BB and many enemies will shit on you with hyper armor if you try that. Also, BB has better attacks overall that you can make use of without being actively punished, unlike Dark Souls 1 which quite literally has the worst movesets in the series.
>>
>>381778243
You like the games with the best combat, no surprises there. Dark Souls 1 and 2 have terrible combat.
>>
>>381778686
Don't reply to me ever again
>>
>>381765401
Nah it ain't bruh
>>
>>381778243
I'd say that it's the atmosphere of the games that makes the difference for you. In Dark Souls the soundtrack is pretty much exclusively muh epic orchestral stuff and the games feel more like traditional open world RPGs whereas Demon's Souls, even though the gameplay is very similar, feels more like a horror game at times. The soundtrack is more minimalistic and distressing and the entire soundscape with all kinds of ambient noises and screams is very disturbing at times. I was legitimately scared when I played Tower of Latria for the first time and I've never experienced anything like that in Dark Souls. I can definitely see why some people prefer DeS.
>>
>>381768220
side stepping unlike goofy souls roll doesnt get boring and actually looks cool. Also BB diversifies combat with transfromations and guns
>>
>>381778185
If you got stuck in the main gain, good fucking luck on the dlc...
>>
>>381777321
You got Carmack confused with Romero you pleb
>>
>>381778243
you're just a sony-nigger senpai.
>>
>>381778243
i think i got it
"parrying"
i find parrying 10x easier in demons and bloodborne than i ever did in dark souls series
it could be that dude
>>
>>381765401
I want to die whenever I remember that game will never come to the PC while I'm way too poor to afford buying PS4 just for one game.
>>
>>381780405
I'm so poor I'm struggling with affording food and sometimes have to spend savings on it, m8. Moreover, I don't have a TV either, so I'd have to buy two things just for one game, and that's expensive enough for me to starve for months.
Shit sucks.
>>
>>381768271
Still feeling this way about Dark Souls 6 years later, no other big game this decade managed to grab me like this one did.

Bloodborne was fun but got old very fast. Didn't have as much fun as in the first 2 hours for the rest of the game.
>>
>>381765401
It was a really good game but now you are just spouting shit.
>>
>>381780532
Why are you so poor anon?
>>
>>381780671
3rd world.
>>
>>381779460
>doesnt get boring and actually looks cool
Autists like it because it's literally *teleports behind you* levels of trying too hard, especially since the variety of armor is abysmal compared to other Souls games so you're constantly in trench coat mode.
>>
File: Loading.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Loading.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>381778243
You like the games co-developed by JapanStudio more than those published by BandaiNamco and made by FromSoft without Sony's support.

It's only natural to like the best ones :^)
>>
>>381765401
I agree and i usually play on PC.
But god damn that feeling that you are re discovering video games again after all these years. I've never felt that way since a very long time.
>>
>>381779291
I found New Londo scarier than Tower of Latria tbqh, particularly the lower levels where it's pitch-black and the Darkwraiths come out of nowhere.
>>
>>381778243
I feel the same, DaS and DaS2 just don't do it for me. The engines in those games just feel clunky and awkward. I loved DaS3 though.
>>
>>381772541
>The content of the plot is as always subject to taste but the execution is fucking perfect for the medium
Agreed. Almost every game could be improved by learning from Souls and making the story opt-in rather than opt-out.
It's more fun for players that don't care about the story because they get a game that doesn't waste their time.
And it's more rewarding for players who do care about the story because they have to work for it.
Way too many games just assume you care about their shit-tier story and fall to pieces if you don't. Interactive media is not suited for non-interactive storytelling.
>>
File: Ruggarell was first on the list.jpg (276KB, 1536x1376px) Image search: [Google]
Ruggarell was first on the list.jpg
276KB, 1536x1376px
>>381774783

http://i.imgur.com/4Grb84C.jpg

http://archive.loveisover.me/foolz/search/username/ruggarell/
>>
hmmmmm
cinematic 20 fps..
>>
>>381776804
?
The spam to win is literally worse in Dark Souls 1 due to poise and infinites allowing you to literally stand there and mash with impunity. There is no infinites and poise in BB and many enemies will shit on you with hyper armor if you try that. Also, BB has better attacks overall that you can make use of without being actively punished, unlike Dark Souls 1 which quite literally has the worst movesets in the series.
>>
>>381765401
One of the greatest video games ever made
>>
>>381765401
why do people like this game so much?
Is it because of >muh difficulty?
It's really not that special
>>
>>381776804
>R1-spam-to-win combat?
So you didn't play the game? What weapon let you beat the game with R1 spam? I am genuinely curious.
>>
>>381781656
>muh difficulty?
Literally no one ever says this yet every Bloodborne thread some faggot like you comes in going "Wow guys it's not even the hardest game ever" No it's not and on one here thinks it is. You are however kidding yourself if you think it isn't harder than the kind of 3D action games that are popular now like BotW, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. The only games that are more difficult are older ones like Ninja Gaiden or stuff in completely different genres which make comparing difficulty kind of silly.
>>
>>381770037
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>381776547
And the game has good mechnics and oozing with athmosphere.
Story is there for you if you want to do the puzzle yourself.
>>
Where do I go after beating Amelia? I haven't killed BSB
>>
>>381782901
>I haven't killed BSB
Then go and kill him?
>>
>>381783253
is it required/recommended
>>
File: 1493327334044.png (258KB, 549x560px) Image search: [Google]
1493327334044.png
258KB, 549x560px
>playing through Bloodborne for the first time
>okay cool it's like a grisly visceral victorian era sort of thing
>people turn into beasts and werewolves and these freaky monsters and stuff
>you fight some badass humanoid dudes too who have cool weapons and stuff
>about halfway through the game
>game becomes about ayy lmaos
>now fighting literal aliens from the moon
>getting moon lasered and smacked instead of clawed or stabbed or shot at

Did I get some bootleg copy of Bloodborne?
>>
>>381783579
Don't you want to see all that the game has to offer? Old Yharnam is a huge chunk of content, and killing BSB unlocks even more optional stuff.
>>
>>381783645
Lovecraft made aliens spooky. Or so people think.
>>
>>381783708
I do, I'll probably do another run through later on once I beat this since I feel like I've missed a bit
I thought Amelia's church would lead somewhere but it's a dead end. Do I need to go through the woods to witches or pass those two hunters near the church?
>>
>>381783901
You should really just explore for yourself and figure this stuff out. To give you a hint, the next mandatory area after killing Amelia is found on one of the paths branching off from the circular area at the bottom of the stairs leading up to her.
>>
>>381784274
Thanks anon, I'll check out all I can before heading to that area
>>
File: double-facepalm.jpg (48KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
double-facepalm.jpg
48KB, 680x544px
>>381765401
>"This is the very peak of video games"
>a Souls game

Words can't describe how wrong you are.
>>
>>381765401
it's my personal favorite game of all time
>>
File: 1493727060041.png (131KB, 629x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1493727060041.png
131KB, 629x1173px
>there's apparently BB save editors already
>>
>>381781406
Except that in das stamina actually maters, and you usually can only attack 3-4 times before having to stop.
>>
>>381782901
bsb is optional.
after amelia go to the closed gate where a nigga asks you a password (you need to interact with the skull in amelia's room if you haven't)
>>
File: 1329623622674.gif (76KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
1329623622674.gif
76KB, 600x431px
>>381773517
>good spacing for reading shit and never losing where you are on screen with your eyes alone = bad spacing because anon said so

this is why you're a meme, you fucking retard
>>381765401

>This is the very peak of video games.
no, BB is good, but calling it peak of videogames is just silly
>>
>>381770523
has somebody done this? I'd like to see it
>>
File: DARKSOUL.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
>>381765401
I just beat pic related for the first time, and holy shit. This is it. We shouldn't ask for more. This is the very peak of dissapoinment. It's as great as the letdown feelings will ever be. I have been playing since the SNES. There is literally no point in making or playing any more video games at this point.
>>
File: amuro.jpg (51KB, 664x537px) Image search: [Google]
amuro.jpg
51KB, 664x537px
WHY DIDNT THE PRO IMPROVE THE FRAMERATE THIS GAME DESERVES BETTER
>>
>>381789858
Because its impossible. When the game got made they created a max of 30 frames for every situation.
To get 60 fps they have to create 30 more, essentially making the whole game once again.
>>
>>381789858
From is lazy
Sony doesn't want for players to get unfair advantages online.
And based on DaS3 pro patch, it wouldn't help that much
>>
I know OP is a shitpost anyways but Bloodborne dropped off in quality badly after Vicar Amelia.
>>
>>381783645
This. The beginning atmosphere was so cool, if only they focused more on making Central Yharnam and Cathedral Ward bigger.
>>
>>381790426
im just yelling into the wind really
it's just unfortunate that the framerate mars such a great game
and it's also unfortunate that it won't come to PC especially after getting Bayonetta and Vanquish ports and seeing how improved they are with a proper framerate
I'm still hopeful to see a Demon's Souls remaster
>>
Yeah I loved BB. I hope there's no sequel since there's absolutely no way they'll top it. My only complaints are the subpar performance and the chalice dungeons being utter shit.
>>
>>381781656
Nier Automata is harder than Bloodborne. And that game has a button that literally makes you invincible if you spam it.
>>
>>381790815
As much as I hate remasters I'd love to be able to play DeS in 1080p, 60fps.
>>
>>381790609
I just beat her, and I was hoping the game would finally pick up. Right now it feels like Dark Souls 3 with a worse healing mechanic and easier dodge. The setting has already bored me too, everything looks the same.
>>
>>381775205
>>Better music.
DS3
>>Better enemies.
DS3
>>Better combat.
Combat is basically the exact same.
>>Less linear.
BB is just as linear as DS3.
>>Actually has an ending.
So does DS3
>>Better narrative.
BB hardly has a narrative. DS3 has far more story and plot to it that BB does.
>>
>>381790795

no dude
you are wayy to easily impressed by generic fantasy. only some of (not all) the monster designs are good.
you really are just riding the chinese neogaf hype train to actually convince yourself this game has good atmosphere
>>
>>381765506
first post best post
>>
>>381791028
Sorry man but now comes the endless disappointment, at least the final boss is really good
Also the DLC makes up for the badness of the late game just a bit.
>>
>>381791021
that's litereally all I want, don't need 4k
don't need new high resolution textures and effects and shit
just the game as it is, in 1080p 60
>>
>bloodborne love outlived the sickdark meme
>>
Bloodborne was okay. Better than DS2 but worse than the other entries
>>
>>381791159
Whats so bad about generic things done well? Would a generic shooter that just happened to be very good mechanically and gameplay wise be bad simply because its generic in flavor? Not every game needs to be some crazy Japanese fever dream that tries to be deep and fails.
>>
>>381765401
It was a top tier action game, but it wasn't even as good as DaS1.
>>
>>381770037
>then you realize all the generic city environments that all looked more or less the same (Lol look at ALL THESE TOMBSTONES)
>you realize 90% of bosses are just gint monsters flailing limbs around
>you realize all the bosses that dont fit this are ez bosses that can have all their attacks parried.
>you realize it still has all the hitbox problems that the othere souls games had
7/10
>>
Is no one going to talk about how BB has the worst story and characters out of all the souls games?
>>
>>381765401

you are the cancer that's killing /v/
>>
>>381791925
The story is nigh non-existent past a certain point and it basically all head-canon. the side characters are all shit other than Alfred and the side quests are garbage.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>381765401
Oops wrong pic
>>
>2 years later
>sonyblacks STILL jerking eachothers gay dicks off over their O N L Y game

i hope things get better for you bros. it's not healthy to put this much emotional investment into a shitty sickdark meme game
>>
>>381782452
>intensive purposes

stopped reading here
>>
>>381792739
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>381769730
>Shakespeare
>books

Are you retarded?
>>
File: secret.gif (5KB, 544x196px) Image search: [Google]
secret.gif
5KB, 544x196px
>>381791974
/v/ itself has BEEN cancer long before Bloodborne was released. Bunch of meme spouting faggots. "Cuck" this, "shill" that. Just say what everyone else say's and you'll fit in just fine. What a fucking joke.
>>
>>381793180
Cuck spam is a recent phenomenon that was after BB was released. Nice job outing yourself as a newfag, retard.
>>
I actually have been playing since the SNES days and BB is my favorite game.
>>
is there something wrong with me? did /v/ just set my expectations too high?

I honestly am having less fun playing BB right now then I did playing DaS 1

Idk why it just doesnt have the same magic

Is it the weapon im using? Currently in forbidden woods using Hunters Axe and sometimes Holy sword thing

Pls teach me how to have fun
>>
>>381765401

I don't get the dick riding for this game. Aside from the environments, the gameplay was mediocre. You can literally stand perfectly still and spam parry on most bosses.
>>
>>381794670
Spec for either pure ARC and grab the Kos Parasite, or ARC/STR and go for the Wheel and Holy Moonlight. ARC is the most fun and versatile stat in the game. You can spec every weapon to it with gems if you spend some time chalice crawling.
>>
>>381776242
Sonic 07
>>
File: 1495479621357-2.jpg (334KB, 1024x526px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-2.jpg
334KB, 1024x526px
I platinumed it in 10 days. It's a joke.

Millennials concept of a hardcore game.
>>
>>381795828
This picture needs to be an autoban.
>>
File: 1494310031094.jpg (567KB, 1920x860px) Image search: [Google]
1494310031094.jpg
567KB, 1920x860px
>>381765401
I'm glad you enjoyed it OP.

Maybe we'll cross paths some night in the field.
>>
File: 1473096838720.png (386KB, 659x687px) Image search: [Google]
1473096838720.png
386KB, 659x687px
Is this true?
>>
File: 1448442265659.png (779KB, 811x726px) Image search: [Google]
1448442265659.png
779KB, 811x726px
>>381765506
>>381791198
I'm actually embarrassed to be in the same age group as these grown ass men who still to this day let nostalgia infect their minds like this.

SNES as a whole was better than consoles today, sure. But there's not a single game from SNES's time that's as good as the very best games we get today. Not by a long shot.

The shit has gotten shittier but advancements in technology and the time video games have had to grow as an art since the days of SNES allow for games that are well above and beyond anything the SNES ever saw.

I'm not OP and I don't necessarily agree that it's the GOAT, but Bloodborne is better than any game released before 2000 as a whole and in nearly every aspect of its design.

I think that you and everyone else needs to take a long hard retrospective look at your "golden age" of video games.
>>
File: 1495479621357-1.jpg (365KB, 1024x583px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-1.jpg
365KB, 1024x583px
>>381796585
There are many more challenging than Bloodborne. Millennials concept of a hardcore game.
>>
>>381796585

>but Bloodborne is better than any game released before 2000 as a whole and in nearly every aspect of its design.

How can you define if it's better than games in other genres? It doesn't make sense. How to say bloodborne is better than DKC2 for example?

btw: Chrono trigger is a better game than bloodborne.
>>
>>381789747

dark souls >>>> bloodborne
>>
>>381795828
You are millennial too.
>>
>>381797168

>Chrono trigger is a better game than Bloodborne.

I don't know if getting mad or laugh, to be honest, i'm more inclined to being mad. You couldn't have picked a most boring game from the boring 16 bits era. Seriously, fuck nostalgia faggots, you have a whole board for your boring ass old games.
>>
File: 1487469023489.jpg (34KB, 537x539px) Image search: [Google]
1487469023489.jpg
34KB, 537x539px
>>381796894
Who in the fuck said that a game's difficulty is the deciding element in a game's overall quality? But wait, how are arbitrary, tacked on "achievements" a scale of how hard a game is? Your stupidity has seeped down multiple layers of your conscience.

Do you have autism?

>>381797168
Are you implying that games can only be compared against other games in their genre? A genre is only a loose archetype or formula of strengths for a stereotypical game of said genre to adhere to.

A piece of work that leans towards one handful of elements, and executes them very well is better than a piece of work that leans towards different elements and executes them poorly. This is the first and most basic concept of critique, and it's how you compare video games, movies, books, or any other art medium.

Why are you guys even in these threads, condemning games no less, when you don't understand the first thing about critique?
>>
>>381795493
ARC sucks any challenge out of PVE bosses. Will teach you how to interrupt and backstab pretty well though since viscerals are pretty much your main source of damage against trash until you convert a weapon to elemental.
>>
Why the hell are there tombstones all over the place.
>>
>>381795828
>>381796894

OK, Mr. "i platinumed Bloodborne in 10 days without reading guides". I want to see what you think it's a hard game. I bet it's an old, boring one.
>>
>>381799260
Those are Yharnamites that chose to wake up.
>>
>>381798979

underage fag detected
>>
Shut. the. fuck. up.
>>
>>381796894
>>381797168
>>381765506
>>381791198
you guys are actually getting btfo by this guy
>>
>>381799407

26 years old. Born in 1991. Turn based combat is shit.
>>
File: 1494304483392.jpg (42KB, 432x488px) Image search: [Google]
1494304483392.jpg
42KB, 432x488px
>>381765401
>180 posts
>no goldfaces yet

This thread isn't complete. /v/ isn't his usual today.
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (170KB, 1200x872px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
170KB, 1200x872px
>>381800470

There, happy?
>>
>>381776538

I just quit playing DeS. I played through ng without much trouble, and then kept getting my ass handed to me in ng+. At first I thought it was maybe a shitty build or the ng+ curve was just higher, so I kept dumping points into vitality and strength so I could tank some hits and deal some more damage to bosses, because it felt like it took forever to kill some. 15+ minute fight with the flamelurker on ng because I was using a winged spear +6 and had a weird balance of strength and dex. Then I realised, I kept getting fucked because I just didn't enjoy the game and was trying to rush everything. Difficulty and large boss health pools is what I wanted after playing DaS3 and BB, and DeS had it. But, it controls like shit, and areas just aren't fun at all. I can't think of one area I actually liked other than 5-3. As soon as I came to the realisation that I was just rushing to be able to say I beat ng+, I turned it off, and packed it up with the PS3 I borrowed so I could give it back to my employee I borrowed it from. Then you know what I did? I popped in BB and had a way better time. It's easier, but everything feels better. Also, I love DaS1, and I'm just waiting for another employee to finish that so I can get it back and play it again.
>>
Anyone else quit at Orphan of Kos? Spent about 3 hours, always got him down 75% of the way. His first half was fair, but a real challenge. Second half is not fair and does way too much damage, doesn't give you time to heal, etc. I eventually said fuck it, went and beat Gerhman and the Moon Boss and sold the game. Bosses are ok when they are fair and a challenge, but the only way I was going to beat Orphan was if I grinded out about 50 more levels to put my physical defense up so I just said fuck it, I'm not wasting my time.
>>
>>381803226
Orphan is a god damn joke if you aren't retarded. Actually the entire game is a god damn cake walk.
>>
>>381803631
exactly my point. Every boss, except Ludwig and Maria, I was able to beat in 1-2 tries. ANd for Ludwig and Maria it was just learning their move sets and being careful. Orphan throws all that out the window in his 2nd half. He is way too aggressive for no reason. Hell, look at walkthroughs on how to beat him, they just have some retardedly powerful weapon that backstabs him and kills him B4 he even transforms into his 2nd half. It just wasn't fun anymore. Sure I could beat him if I put another 10 hours in the game farming souls, but I have better things to do.
>>
>>381803226
What level were you at?
Fought him with a fully upgraded whirlgig saw at around level 75
Yeah hes a pain at first but all you do is keep your distance and only attack after baiting his charge attacks
I actually thought the second portion of the fight is easier since a you had to do was sidestep spam till your behind him
>>
>>381804105
103. too late now I heard him on NG+ is almost impossible and I don't like the game enough to replay it immediately. Maybe in a few years.
>>
>>381780351
How can you have a PC and not being able to afford a $250 console? Do you have a toaster?
>>
>>381805650
My PC was only $200 in Walmart during a sale. No way am I paying $250 on a console.
>>
>>381806703
>$200 pc

Jesus I feel sorry for you.
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.