[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Redout good, and are people still playing it? I'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: redout.jpg (151KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
redout.jpg
151KB, 1024x576px
Is Redout good, and are people still playing it?

I'm a huge ex-wipeout fan and It's caught my eye. Is it worth the sale price tag on steam? I don't need to buy a dead game...
>>
>>381764953
Idc about multiplayer but the game is great
>>
>>381765037
Part of the problem is more games of this sort are finally starting to come out. Theres the fusion one made by the old wipeout team, then theres that grip game...
>>
BallisticNG
>>
>>381764953
>ex-wipeout fan
>ex

What happened?
I'd say it's good. It's really different from Wipe though, doesn't play the same way at all.
>>
>>381766526
Perhaps ex was the wrong choice, i just don't have a ps3/4 so I played the wipeoutfury HD for like aweek at launch and since then theres just nothing
>>
Redout is probably the best in the genre on PC. I don't know how active the multiplayer is these days but if you check out the Discord I think they hold tournaments, so that's something.
>>
>>381765086
>>381765086
i bought formula fusion and refunded after 15 minutes
it's unpolished
GRIP is ok tho
>>
>>381766669
wipeout omega collection literally just came out and is godlike
>>
>>381766992
If it were on pc.. :(
>>
>>381766669
>i just don't have a ps3/4
Then you have seen nothing of Wipeout.

I wouldn't even buy Redout even if it's good, I'd save money for a cheap PS4 and the Omega Collection.
>>
>>381766992
Bought it and can't adapt to ship controls. Both analog and directionnal cross feels bad
Also, no tutorials and difficulty is high for beginners
>>
>>381767253
>Wipeout XL and 3 SE
>nothing

Is this actual legit paid shilling?
>>
>>381764953

I played the demo and thought it promising, even though all you get in time trial with no weapons or anything
I bought the game and refunded in 15 minutes

>No weapons at all - instead you get UPGRADES you apply to your ship
>So many upgrades, the biggest impacting ones are locked out of "classic" modes - but you still have ship specific upgrades available
>The upgrades make a difference of about 30 second lap times
>Only a few hundred people playing multiplayer
>EVERYTHING, EVERY MODE, HAS UNLOCKABLE TIMEGATED PROGESSION SHIT - ALMOST ALL OF IT SHIP RELATED THAT HAS GAMEPLAY
>AI is downright cheating, not only without weapons is it the same "pole position = podium position" problem most pure racing games have, meaning you have to hope the AI fucks up, they also have inhuman reflexes and bullshit speed

You have to really really like the music and art to stick to this frankly. BallisticNG really is a lot better especially since it's free to boot.
>>
>>381767415
Because the latest games perfected their gameplay.
I sure wish I was a Wipeout shill! But to prove you I'm not, I can direct you to a fucking free game for your poor ass instead: BallisticNG. It has an option for HD Fury gameplay.
>>
>>381767337
Git good and play with the cross
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxzYkTralIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpM8qOhpoPU
>>
>>381767721
I'm at class 2 in the campaign, nearly class 3 and I'm first or second in every race even though I'm not used to the controls and grind litteraly EVERY walls, that can't be true

>>EVERYTHING, EVERY MODE, HAS UNLOCKABLE TIMEGATED PROGESSION SHIT - ALMOST ALL OF IT SHIP RELATED THAT HAS GAMEPLAY
What did he mean by this

Also the OST is better than Omega's.
>>
>>381768083

>Quick race
>Ship with the highest accel/max speed/thrust at the expense of everything
>Never touch walls
>Know to pitch
>Lowest speed class because it's the only thing unlocked
>+20-+50 seconds behind depending on "classic" or not

Thanks for making up bullshit.
>>
>>381764953

Multiplayer is dead so just pirate it, you'll probably save considering there's DLC for content as well.
>>
File: 1497709799018.jpg (987KB, 3840x1874px) Image search: [Google]
1497709799018.jpg
987KB, 3840x1874px
>>381764953
I enjoyed it a lot, got 60 hours of playtime.
Multi is dead though, there's a discord channel but only leaderboardfags hosts from time to time.
Buy it if you're not afraid to play solo.
>>
>>381767903
Already sold the game back to have money for redout
>>
>>381768278
Wait a sec, I'm trying this right now. I'm pretty sure I already did and won, but I'll do it again just to be sure
I won't be using any upgrade
>>
>>381768278
Dude I have no idea what you're talking about. I just launched a classic race on quick race on the first circuit and I've been 1st from the very first corner.
>>
>>381767721
I beat the shit out of this game, AI don't cheat. There's just no catchup shit like there is in Mario Kart 64. A good way to get rid of em is pit maneuver the fuck out of em.

The ai is actually really easy.

>inb4 you changed the difficulty
Nope it was on Veteran
>>
iirc the first 4 races of the game have extreme cases of rubberbanding.
I've been playing since release so hell if I know.
>>
Why is this game so unknown almost a year later? Is it because it's still not on consoles?
>>
>>381770221
No marketing budget. If it doesn't show up on E3 and/or has TV ads it might as well not exist.

Unless it's open world survival pvp crafting early access garbage, that shit sells itself.
>>
>>381768083
I disagree on the OST part
>>
File: deep dive.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
deep dive.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>381770221
It's had absolutely no exposure whatsoever. It just came out one day and hardly had any press or marketing at all.
It's a pretty great game, though, and it's already built up a nice roster of tracks. I'm really happy the DLC tracks don't go overboard on difficulty and sort of stay on the medium end.
>>
>>381770407
Omega's OST is pure cancer. Redout reminds me of Wip3out
>>
Reckon enough people on /v/ play Redout that I could arrange the odd race?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.