[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this any good? I love ps2 horror games and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: sirene.jpg (76KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
sirene.jpg
76KB, 640x905px
is this any good? I love ps2 horror games and it's on sale for really cheap
>>
File: fs.gif (996KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
fs.gif
996KB, 480x368px
>>381748523
It's obtuse as shit as to how to unlock later chapters/the true ending and it's got a really stupid difficulty overall.
That being said it's genuinely one of the most terrifying PS2 games so definitely pick it up.
>>
>>381748523
Siren's one of those game series I was sure I would love, as I'm a big sucker for Silent Hill games and stuff, not to mention the director of SH1 created Siren too.

However, the overall design of the games (episodic structure, obscure mission objectives, poor performance...), together with some annoying details in individual games (ie super shit English dub in S1), really turned me off with them
>>
doesn't sound great so far. Will I get to see some cool/scary shit without having to finish it?
>>
>>381748523
I wouldn't blame you if you watched either supergreatfriend's 100% run or a no commentary walkthrough. The game is hard as nails but it perfectly nails a feeling of dread, doom and despair from the start and doesn't let go. This is the only game I know that actually gives me a doomed feeling (that isn't a visual novel) and not even Silent Hill at its best could reach Siren's heights in that field.
>>
>>381750862
it's FULL of cool and scary sit. The Shinobis alone are some of the freakiest enemies in horror history.

That being said, I'm not fan of the gameplay itself.
>>
>>381753284
>cool enemies
>bad gameplay
maybe a watch or a pirate would be better then
>>
>>381748523
It's cool and has a nice premise but the gameplay is pretty bad. Especially aiming with a rifle.
>>
>Toyama abandoned horror games to do inFamous with waifus

Shame.
>>
>>381754910
That or make sure you use a guide but prepare for frustration due to aforementioned janky controls.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.