[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4 badges in. When does this start getting fun? this is the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png (118KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png
118KB, 250x224px
4 badges in. When does this start getting fun? this is the most boring pokemon iv'e ever played.
>>
>>381746731
>>>/vp/

There's a whole board for you autists.
>>
Pokémon is only fun when nuzlocked.
>>
>>381746731
Sinnoh is a pretty slow region. It's the comfiest region. If you're that far in and it isn't fun to you then you might as well put it down because it doesn't get much better.
>>
>>381747084
this. even though the game was "sped up" with platinum it's still slow as fuck. OP you might like heartgold/soul silver more.
>>
>>381747139
the only thing that sped up was the surfing, everything else felt the same. Yet it is fun to play it with the nostalgia glasses on
>>
>>381746731
i loved it, probably one of my favorites. that said, if you're that far in and loathing it, just drop it.
>>
>>381746731
Why do you need validation from strangers on the internet on whether or not you should keep playing a game you're halfway through but not enjoying?
>>
Thank you

Not sure why v/p treats like holy grail of Pokemon

Sinnoh babies
>>
>>381746731
I guess the game picks up once you get to Veilstone. If you don't like the game after that I guess you can drop it.
At least listen to one of the best champion themes though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXefFHRgyE0
>>
>>381746731
It was at 4th gen pokemon started getting easy. This is why it sucks. Although HG/SS were much more challenging.
>>
>>381748292
Work on your reading comprehension, or simply stop jumping to conclusions.
>>
File: ss (2017-06-25 at 01.39.51).png (46KB, 787x392px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-06-25 at 01.39.51).png
46KB, 787x392px
>>381748472
>Although HG/SS were much more challenging.
Did you even play the fucking games?
BEHOLD
THE FINAL BOSS OF THE TEAM ROCKET STORY
>>
>>381748472
Actually, 4th gen was essentially the peak of Pokemon difficulty. It's why they started making them easier with 5th gen. In Masuda's words "if we made them even harder, no one would be able to finish the game".
>>
File: pokemon trinity.png (632KB, 1012x927px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon trinity.png
632KB, 1012x927px
it doesn't u got fucking memed bro

>still slow as shit despite speed up from D/P
>garbage pokemon designs
>HM HELL
>mt. cuckoldnette being a piece of shit
>OST underwhelming after the GODLIKE gen 2/3
>inferior BF to emerald
>generic main world where the diversity in areas is all clumped in post game
>snow/marsh horrid regions because of slowdown

honestly just drunk posting though despite these platinum is pretty based but it's beneath these behemoths. Can you imagine if delta emerald becomes a thing? holy fucking shit I would never buy another pokemon game again that's probably why they made OR/AS so shitty.
>>
>>381748472
All pokemon games are pisseasy, you were just a dumb kid once
>>
>>381748390
>Not sure why v/p treats like holy grail of Pokemon
Yeah it's weird how hard it gets sucked off. What the hell.
>>
>>381748656
unfortunately, it will probably never happen.
i would be very surprised, and ecstatic, but i doubt it.
HOPEFULLY they remake platinum though, and make it not so fucking slow.
>>
>>381748656
Replace Emerald with ORAS. The only thing Emerald did better was the frontier which most people never bothered touching.
>>
File: Gardenia.png (38KB, 804x412px) Image search: [Google]
Gardenia.png
38KB, 804x412px
>>381748638
Example A.
>>
>>381748775
0/10 please try harder
>>
>>381748638
nah, emerald BF is the hardest thing in the series
>>
>>381748832
Everyone seems to masturbate to emerald but they never explain why it's better than ORAS.
>>
>>381748940
we've explained it NUMEROUS times I refuse to repeat myself again
>>
>>381748964
I've never seen anyone state reasons other than "battle frontier" without resorting to "it's not made by literal God with all 700 pokemon available in the starting routes so it's shit.".

I'll list some LEGITIMATE complains:
1. No gym leader rematches.
2. Ground circles still appear in fights and were only removed in Sun/Moon.
3. ???
>>
>>381748624

>those movesets

Gamefreak...why?
>>
Post best theme
https://youtube.com/watch?v=XE6eJrBM-cg
>>
>he doesn't play romhacks that make the games significantly harder

laffin at all of you, ORAS becomes a solid 7/10 with Rutile Ruby.
>>
>>381749221
kinda drunk so i'll post a few issues not all of them

1. shittier trick house
2. mauvile was fucking gutted with no replacement like HG/SS
3. overabundance on cutsenes
4. they just give you mega lati@s to rape the game

there are others, as someone who's large portion of their childhood was sapphire/emerald ORAS was a pretty big dissapoiintment. Not to say everything was bad, most of the soundtrack was adapted awesomely like littleroot's/rustboru's theme.

And yes, a lack of the battle frontier is a BIG problem
>>
>>381749334
this theme was fucking GODLIKE can't believe they got rid of it. B/W version is better tho
>>
>>381749416
>1. shittier trick house
This must be subjective, I had no issue with the new trick house.
>2. mauvile was fucking gutted with no replacement like HG/SS
It wasn't gutted, it was improved.
>3. overabundance on cutsenes
I play JRPGs almost exclusively, pokemon still never touches on even the shortest JRPGs made.
>4. they just give you mega lati@s to rape the game
Then don't use. This is still a game for children, those are there as a crutch for kids.

Stop bitching that it's not hardcore. Pokemon has never been a mature 18+ strategy game.
>>
>>381748603
Not him but what do you mean?
OP obviously made this thread for a reason and validation is the most logical answer for that. If you don't like a game then you stop playing it.
>>
>>381748638
>"if we made them even harder, no one would be able to finish the game".
I couldn't finish anything past 5th generation because of how boring they were
>>
Should I catch a Feebas? I want a decent water type but I don't want to have the high weakness to electricity that Gyarados has.
>>
>>381749896
b ut black and white and firered/LG were hard as fuck.
>>
Why do people like Emerald so much? Please don't say because of muh battle meme. I went back to play it and it was just as boring as R/S.
>>
Gen 5 is the best to play because its fast, not boring and it has content.

But if you just want to chill replaying gen 1 and 2 is fine too.
>>
>>381749896
I can't respond seriously to this, goodbye
>>
>>381750321
the single player experience is super consistent, at no point does it drag on. Plus it had the most exploration
>>
>>381748656
>>OST underwhelming after the GODLIKE gen 2/3
While I prefer gen 3s ost, you cannot say gen 4 had an underwhelming ost when these exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKA-JGA-3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEvuu73sdhc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5dBmWml34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr9KFynxBpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBaDX33Eew
>>
>>381750349
I found the original Black and White to be really boring and easy, if you did go gen 5 then I'd suggest Black 2 or White 2.

Gen 1 is pretty easy to enjoy if you're bored, but I just couldn't get into Gen 2. Maybe I was a bit late to the party for that one.
>>
>>381750446
you can't just handpick a couple of tracks from a 200+ ost and call it good. D/P/PL has some great battle themes but these play a disproportionately low amount of times
>>
>>381750446
Cynthia's battle theme is one of my favorite champion themes to date, followed by Blue's.
>>
>>381750349
>it's fast
It has a lot of forced stops and pointless dialogue as well as a really fucking stupid plot. B2W2 had that shitty-ass theater thing that you were forced to go through for some reason. It fucking sucked.
>>
File: gardevoir sweater.png (16KB, 439x407px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir sweater.png
16KB, 439x407px
>>381750446
Sinnoh has some of the comfiest tracks in the franchise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUZAZt4jAHQ
>>
>>381748061
battle speed is also noticeably faster
>>
Personally, it's by far the most "going through the motions" Pokemon game to play. Even the ones I overall don't like have some things I think are pretty neat that let me feel a little passion about how they could've been better, but DPPt as a whole are just adequate across the board in my books. I guess Platinum has the most involving enemy teams outside of some important BW2 trainers on Challenge Mode, but it still isn't actually hard. The only Pokemon games I felt were "hard" were romhacks where the difficulty came entirely from extremely disjointed level curves that require excessive grinding to be even within reach of at which point they become jokes anyways like any actual Pokemon game, or early enemies having movesets that are impossible to have at that low of a level even with the romhack's learnsets leaving you at an unfair disadvantage.
>>
>>381746731
It's thoroughly boring and not charming, Cynthia is the only memorable character in that whole region.

It boggles me that people compare it to Emerald. sure they have a similar amount of content, but Plat is just bland as fuck.
>>
>>381750505
I played everything. Nowadays I can't play gen 3 or 4 without speeding up.
>>
Sinnoh was a comfy region
Isshu/Unova is fun to travel around
>>
>>381751339
But gen 3 is already a fast game unless you're that impatient because I sure am
>>
>>381748656
Yup, bjectively correct taste.

BW2 > HGSS > Emerald >>> everything else
>>
>>381750846
I'm talking about battling, which is the thing you will do the most on pokémon. Dialogue is heavy but after the pokéstars, it gets toned down. It's not perfect but with all the content that it has even after the campaign, it's worth it playing.

>>381751465
I'm not even impatient since I played SM. The battles are slow enough that your progress will be minimal, especially if you don't have much time for vidya. It just gets boring.
>>
>>381746731
Just speedrun it. With a little knowledge of Sinnoh games it should take about 6 hours in your first time. Otherwise if you care enough to enjoy it, just chillax and listen to the music on the way to the end, very worthwhile game imo.
>>
File: Beach Boys.png (1006KB, 800x801px) Image search: [Google]
Beach Boys.png
1006KB, 800x801px
>>381751273
Yeah. As much as I love Gen 4 it is not as good as I remember it. At the very least, it gave us Cynthia who was the best Champ since Blue.

Has any other major trainer ever come anywhere to the team composition as Blue or Cynthia? The both of them are the only good trainers who use actual variety. Everyone else either specializes in a type, has a shit team, or both.
>>
>>381748940
Cross-sight doubles and the Frontier, basically. New Mauville was also gutted even compared to RS, which is a huge shame since it got a nice visual overhaul, though we do have the new Scorched Slab bringing the dungeon count up on par with RS. The city itself was indeed improved. Trick House and Abandoned Ship are trimmed down some in ORAS. There's also the Emerald Magma hideout which has no equivalent in ORAS, though they did repurpose the extra Magma/Aqua fights and Champion Wallace from Emerald with the Delta Episode. Enemy movesets are generally less involving, which will bother many, though personally I don't care much about that either way.

Personally though I'd put ORAS on par with Emerald. They each have their own pros and cons different people will prioritize.

>>381751465
People always say Gen 3 is the fastest generation, but it's the only generation of the seven I pretty much can't play without fast forward anymore. The overworld is fine, but the battles feel ungodly slow to me for whatever reason, even compared to DP and SM.
>>
>>381751659
>>381751821
Really? RSE always feel lightning fast to me regardless. DPPtHGSS all feel like I'm walking through molasses. XYORAS are fine and SM has performance problems and a huge goddamn issue with the story being shoved down your throat.
>>
>>381748656
>unironically playing anything from gen 4-5

lol
>>
>>381748656
>trinity
>3
>>
>>381752416
Gen 3's overworld is fine, as said. Definitely the fastest there. Gen 4 is definitely slower than 3 on the overworld, but besides the surf speed in DP and walking through shit like deep snow and swamps in DPPt it's still bearable for me. Though I almost prefer the slow as shit surf speed in DP to how it is in Platinum because the various things sped up in Platinum's overworld seem to me like they were done in a really slapdash way, because while the animations for surfing and the bike are at least "smooth" in DP, they're really janky in Platinum. At least that's what I recall from replaying both back-to-back and comparing certain things side-by-side last year.
>>
>>381753003
From what I recall some of the things in Platinum feel kind of off because the game runs at 30fps ordinarily but some things (like the biking) runs at 60fps and its speed causes it to look strange.
>>
If you don't exclusively play romhacks then you are honestly wasting your time. Even then, there are much better rpg series than pokemon
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.