[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that if you can't do this you're an actual,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: large.jpg (76KB, 650x640px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
76KB, 650x640px
Reminder that if you can't do this you're an actual, literal retard or you haven't really tried.
It took me TEN (10) minutes to learn to do this shit consistently. It's not hard.
>>
>>381745190
>10 minutes
>>
>>381745190
exactly

only faggots with literal motor skill problems can't do SFII moves
>>
File: smug kyoko.jpg (40KB, 467x433px) Image search: [Google]
smug kyoko.jpg
40KB, 467x433px
>>381745190
PPPPFFFF thats nothing
can you do guiles flash kick into super?
>>
>>381745190
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO IT THOUGH? Like, there is no fucking explanation, just some archaic fucking symbols. Get outta here with that shit.
>>
>>381745190
I don't get this meme, is /v/ so bad at fighting games?
>>381745524
Right Down Right
>>
>TEN (10) minutes
>For a simple DP motion
You're not far off from brain damage yourself.
>>
File: summonsuffering.png (385KB, 1779x343px) Image search: [Google]
summonsuffering.png
385KB, 1779x343px
>>381745458
Literally the easiest shit in the world.
Now can anyone here do this without mashing 360s?
>>
Fighting games suck, anyhow. Why spend hours seeing the exact same thing, honing a useless skill when you can go play an adventure game and have a genuine experience?
>>
>>381745524
>or you haven't really tried.
just google it you fucking tard
>>381745567
some games you have to go over down-right too
>>
>>381745726
Because playing against people is fun? Competition is fun?
It's not like you spend ALL ypur time in training mode
>>
>>381745190
>>381745524
I couldn't do it for awhile myself, but it's not too hard when you learn the trick.
You just press Forward, then do the motion for Quarter Circle Forward. At least it was something like that that they said in Guilty Gear.
>>
I think the hardest thing I have with fightans is actually doing combos. Do most people just memorize one or two combos to do everytime they get a chance? It's why I loved people like Tager in BB since he didn't really that much on crazy ass combos.
>>
>>381747010
No thats a very stupid way to go about it. You need to focus on which moves you will be connecting with during the neutral (aka what are your pokes? what are you usually trying to hit them with on wakeup? what moves do you anti air with?), and then you learn the best combos you can that work off of THOSE starters in those specific situations. You can also create new combos for things like counter hits etc. You generally try to optimize these by having varying endings to the combo based on whether you want to do maximum damage or set yourself up for the best wakeup pressure to try to score a reset.

At the end of the day, fighting games are about beating your opponent in the neutral and then trying to make the game flow in the way YOU want when you have them in disadvantage while preventing your opponent from doing this to you.
>>
>>381747010
typically you memorize the most usable combo you can do consistently for each type of situation (midscreen, in the corner, off an anti-air etc.) and use those while playing. You then slowly start practicing more difficult but more optimized (for damage, corner carry, or whatever) combos and incorporate them into your game as you go.
>>
>>381745701
Yes. I used do this consistently without issue, both versions.

The hardest shit I've experienced in fightan is the current version of Johnny in Rev2, and I've been playing Johnny since AC. The constant j.D mf-cancel loops and the stance cancel treasure hunt obliterates everything Ive played in the older ggs, bbs, 3s, tekken, etc.
>>
>>381747949
I gave Johnny a try because he seemed pretty straight-forward. Turns out he's extremely execution heavy in an already execution-heavy game.

I main Ky now
>>
the "z" icon probably fucks over newbies though, who literally try to pull their stick down from forward, instead of going neutral. if they'd have learned it just like a dash they'd see how easy it is. its two taps.
>>
>>381748174
I have a pocket Ky, too. He's super fun and you get to think about buttons instead of a bunch of character-specific otg coin bullshit..
>>
>>381748447
>he can't go directly from forward to down
>>
>>381748447
Holy shit this changes everything.
>>
>>381748540
The cool thing about Ky is that you can play him as simple or complex as you like. There's a whole bunch of character specific Ciel and Vapor Thrust Loops that you can screw around with, but none of that is required to play the character competently.
>>
File: ewgf.jpg (78KB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
ewgf.jpg
78KB, 480x351px
you can mash DPs though, this is the real shit
>>
the trick to do dp is to go neutral after pressing forward.

Most people skip going neutral after pressing forward an literally try to do the "z" motion.
>>
>>381745190
can people really not dragon punch now? I figured this out myself by trial and error in 3 days when I was 8 years old at an arcade machine.
>>
>>381748806
what if you were to go forward, down/forward, down, down/forward, forward in one circular motion, would that still execute the command or fuck it up
>>
>>381749090
>all game engines work the same way regarding inputs
are you stupid?
>>
>>381745190
It's mainly the muscle memory that would make this move hard. Moving the dpad/stick to neutral before a D>DF does take getting used to.
>>
name this move/game:

Back, HCB, Up/Back, B+C

fuck that input
>>
For me the problem with this input is the way it's represented. Once I realized it's just:
>forward
>let go of forward, let stick reset to neutral
>immediately input hadouken motion (down, slide to forward + punch)

It became piss easy. I just couldn't immediately tell that's what this fucking Z was trying to communicate.
>>
>>381745190
forward down-forward

wow so hard kys
>>
>>381745524
it's a figure Z you fucking retard
>>
File: this is you.gif (4MB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.gif
4MB, 630x354px
>>381745726
>>
>>381749090
Don't listen to that other faggot he's just being rude. It will work in some games and not in others because some games read inputs from the buffer for special moves in more lenient ways. This would work in a game like UNIEL but probably not in most older fighters.
>>
File: 1448756127278.jpg (403KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448756127278.jpg
403KB, 900x900px
>>381747949
>Rev2 Johnny is hard
>compared to frc kjt and enkasu with no buffer in the game where Johnny isn't even strong
>>
>>381745524
What I've always done is forward, then I start a hadouken motion but stop partway
>>
>>381745190
>There are people who can't do this
>There are people who can't Raging Storm
>There are people who can't do AC+R Dizzy's instant kill
Granted the last one is bullshit but there's no excuse for the first two
>>
>>381745190
>brother's getting back into vidya after years of having dropped it for drugs, booze and women
>he has dumbfingers now
>can't do a fucking <- -> x
>I have to teach jim
Kill me
>>
As someone who used to play fighting games, traditional fighting game inputs are some of the stupidest shit on the planet.
Maybe it's just that I'm older, but I don't care for that shit nowadays. I would honestly rather fighting games drop the quarter-munching inputs and do something similar to Smash.
>>
>>381751152
smash is not a fighting game
>>
>>381751220
Never said it was, retard
>>
>>381748447
Yep, that was my mistake. Shit makes so much more sense now.

In SFIV I never knew if I would Shoryuken or Hadouken when attempting this.
>>
>>381748447
That actually works on a square gate tho
It really is a Z in Japan
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.