[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look at that exploration and variety, how can Breath of the Wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Look at that exploration and variety, how can Breath of the Wild and its shrines even compete?
>>
Does it have lynel AI monsters?
>>
>>381743442

Maybe not, but it will probably have 3 times as many bosses counting repeats with the rabbits or bowser that become more intense each time. And it already has as much enemy variety just from what we've seen so far.

Lynels AI doesn't mean much when it can be cheesed with arrows, but no real man should play like that.
>>
guys i worked really hard on this
>>
>>381743338
The exploration isn't good in BotW. After two hours you know what you'll find for the rest of a 200h game.
The only good parts are the vastness, "see that mountain"-design and interactivity in the world. The rest is subpar. It's praised because it's different from open world conventions and more akin to Minecraft.
Odyssey looks like actual fun, and is a game I could consider buying a Switch solely for.
>>
>>381744997
s'cool
>>
>>381746368

If it was just filled with a bigger variety of enemies/bosses as well as mini-dungeons that looked different instead of all being shrines, it would have been perfect for me.
>>
>>381744997
You want replies? compare it to the Crash remake
I'm still exploring BoTW after 3 months, some finished it in hours, not going to bait anyone.
>>
Looks pretty good to me. They really need to touch up the Dark Woods though. That ground texture is rather bad.
>>
>>381744997
Ok, I'll save it and post it another thread for (you)s
>>
>>381750915

Agreed, it's one part of the game that really puts me off visually, which is a shame because I love the atmosphere and the exploration there.

>>381750982

Okay but please make sure to credit anonymous.
>>
There's no doubt Odyssey looks great
But is it fair to compare it to BotW?
Is it fair to compare Galaxy to Skyward Sword? They're just different games
>>
>>381743338
well it's a sandbox type area much like the Banjo Kazooie and DK 64 just no hub world I assume.
>>
>>381751525

I just mean in terms of secrets and finding hidden levels, it feels a lot more varied compared to Botw which was mostly shrines and koroks.

>>381752248

There technically isn't a hub world, but New Donk City is basically a way more fleshed out Delfino Plaza. During daytime there isn't really any hazards or enemies, you just explore and find all these platforming sections with hidden moons. And there's several entrances to challenges, just like in Sunshine. Even the desert level has a little village with no hostiles.
>>
File: estlore.jpg (2KB, 190x118px) Image search: [Google]
estlore.jpg
2KB, 190x118px
>>381743338
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.