[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone please explain to me why the FUCK this game costs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 11136020-1084395691782066.jpg (148KB, 475x600px) Image search: [Google]
11136020-1084395691782066.jpg
148KB, 475x600px
can someone please explain to me why the FUCK this game costs $20 more as a digital version ($60) vs a physical copy ($40)?
>>
stores can sell games at whatever price they want, digital is rrp
>>
>>381733760
digital games don't get price drops based on supply and demand
>>
It simply means that the physical copies aren't selling. Distributers dont want them in stock. So they lower the price. Digital goods don't suffer from that problem.
>>
>>381733760
The real question is why you would want to play this trash. Its literally a copy of Ubisoft open world bullshit.

I would wait for it to hit $20 and I would only buy it used just so no money goes to this shitty developer.
>>
Because physical overstock due to no one buying physical games anymore drops prices.

Sony doesn't set the prices, anyway. They ship out millions of copies that retailers buy at (typically) $45 USD or so. $15 of the price comes from the retailer upping the price to make a profit after shipping and other costs.

Then of course as companies try to ship out more and more stock they lower the price so retailers can lower the price on games in an attempt to remain relevant in an age where people would actually rather spend more money to not have to go out to a store and come back just to download and install the entire game anyway.
>>
>>381734991
so is it still recommended to buy a digital copy of this game?

i fucking hate physical cds
>having to physically remove the disc every time
>having to still download the fucking thing in the first place
>>
>>381735147
If you want it digitally, get it digitally.

I rented it and for the $9 I paid to get like 80% of the game done, I enjoyed it greatly. I wouldn't pay full price for it though, it's just not something that will last you that long.
>>
>>381735147
wait for a sale if you must
It was on the best of e3 discounts so you missed that already.
>>
>>381733760
(((Sony)))
>>
>>381735909
>ended 4 days ago

FUCK
>>
File: 1498115406910.jpg (55KB, 613x335px) Image search: [Google]
1498115406910.jpg
55KB, 613x335px
digital games almost always cost more than physical for some reason.

I bought Alien Isolation new the other day for only $15 while the digital version on PS Store costs 30 bucks. I bought the Resident Evil 0/1 collection for only $20 while the digital version on the PS Store costs $40. And these 2 games are just as expensive on Steam too. The digital only future is expensive instead of being cheaper.
>>
>>381736749
It's not inherently more expensive, it's filled with solid pricings that don't drop outside of sales, because there's always someone that WILL pay full price.
>>
>>381733760
Because stores can mark down prices to sell shit that nobody is buying while the developer desperately clings at a higher price.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.