[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So iv bean plying Prey (I have also played the original and are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Prey_social.png (759KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_social.png
759KB, 1920x1080px
So iv bean plying Prey (I have also played the original and are still bummed about cancellation of 2).
Its acualy pretty good.
Its like System shock 2.But also has some Bioshock 1 elements.
Its also super fun to explore.
Expected the game to be meh but i am pleasantly supersized.
I guess if you like thee above mentioned games and want something new but similar i suggest you give it a try.
Maybe its not the best game ever but we haven't gotten a game like it in a long time.
In fact its probably the first game of its kind in this generation of gaming platforms.
>>
I saw that image yesterday as an op.
>>
>>381722473
Prey is what Bioshock wanted to be but never was with the "Neuromods make you less human and some things like the open world elements in Prey.
Talking about the story it mixes a lot of story elements from System shock and Half Life, great mix desu
also, I dont get why /v/ was shitting on this before it got released? i still don't know
my best guess is that it was because Beth was involved.
>>
>>381722473

we hate bethesda

we miss human head version that looked amazing like almost a decade ago

we also actually like system shock 2 and can tolerate bioshock 1, but the problem with Prey is that it has the worst enemy design out of all of these games, and the "twist" is on the cover of the box kek
>>
File: 1466923081557.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1466923081557.gif
957KB, 500x418px
tell me this:

In a game that has nonlinear elements and exploration, in a "world" that is fairly open right from the get-go, why did they remove any sort of unique loot from a particular area? In other words, why should I go out of my way to break the beaten path when everything I'll find there is the same shit and will be recycled into the same resources? The only reason I see is to see how fast you can beat the game, which is pretty weak.
>>
File: 1493604269339.jpg (80KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1493604269339.jpg
80KB, 750x732px
>>381722473
god damn this game is pure shit.

>either the sensitivity is way too low or way too high.
>little spider shits move way to fucking quick to hit with foam gun thing so you literally have to spam the foam shit everywhere.
>wrench does zero fucking damage without the foam.
>spider things kill you in like 2 fucking hits.

why does /v/ like this shitty game? inb4 git gud skrub.
>>
>>381725480
Git gud
>>381722473
I pirated the game expecting it to be terrible and yet I enjoyed every moment of it, runs great and very smooth, i loved opening every single door and and going back and unlocking new areas and realising I could have gone a different path. Also the space suit felt 10/10 they've done something about the it that it just felt right, first time floating in space was fucking awesome.

It's also got good replayability as you can invest in new skills and completely change the pace.

Best 0 euros ever spent
>>
File: 1358302645737.jpg (12KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
1358302645737.jpg
12KB, 352x352px
>we could have had Prey 2 or at least another Turok-esque sci-fi shooter
>instead we get System Shock, again
>>
>>381727327

yep

"system shock 2 but not as good edition"
>>
>>381727153

same, except i eventually bought it on sale
>>
>>381727327
Yeah, good thing for us, huh.
>>
It's ok but it still had to make those design compromises for the modern gaming AAA audience same as dishonoured
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.