[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Unpopular opinion thread I enjoyed Gone Home as an experience.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_1397.jpg (66KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1397.jpg
66KB, 500x419px
>Unpopular opinion thread

I enjoyed Gone Home as an experience. I played it blind and it kept me interested up until the end after discovering everything. I expected spooky stuff to happen but when the game ended I realized I enjoyed what it was.
>>
persona 5 was a huge fuck up
>>
>>381722983
Elaborate?
>>
>>381722983
agreed!
>shitty writing
>taking away screenshot for shitty writing
>first thing you see is the DIRECTED BY credit.

Fucking write fags should neck themselves.
>>
I liked Drake of the 99 Dragons and still play it to this day.
>>
File: 1496879091824.png (79KB, 239x218px) Image search: [Google]
1496879091824.png
79KB, 239x218px
>>381722983
On the contrary, I think it was a massive success, and exceeded my pretty high expectations in pretty much every way.
>>
>>381721847
I enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles X's soundtrack more than Xenoblade Chronicles'
>>
>>381723061
They focused all of their effort on improving the sections of the game that you are going to rush while making almost no improvements to the parts of the game that made Persona appealing in the first place.

There's no overarching plot until the very end of the game where exposition dumps attempt to give the events up to that point some kind of grand meaning, but really to us, the player, it's meaningless to be told that now, when it was back then that I needed the motivation and reasoning to be doing the things I was doing. This is seriously bad writing I'm not gonna make excuses for them here.

Main cast have barely any chemistry, and outside of meeting in one of like three locations to discuss boring plans, they hang out as a group only a handful of times in the entire 100+ hour game. They rarely even act like real teenagers.

Also I know it's been said so much that it's a meme, but Morgana telling you what to do all the time is annoying as shit, and before you say it's the same as the old games, it's only annoying because the cat tells you as opposed to the game, go play Persona 3 and tell me how many times the game tells you to go to bed
>>
>>381721847
Final Fantasy 13-2 is a great game.
>>
>>381723921
Fair points, the Hawaii trip was also god awful. Plus no hot springs antics.
>>
Chapter 13 in Final Fantasy isn't that bad. I played before the patch and it was fine, nowhere near as bad as people say. The worst part was where the monsters that you couldn't use the ring on and had to hide in between the walls to get by them.
>>
>>381723626
go to sleep.
>>
>>381723921
blame it squarely on teh director and writing.

The art and soundtrack are top tier.

The world and game play is pure shit PURE SHIT
>>381725192
PURE SHITTTTTTTTT
>>
>>381725348
>The art and soundtrack are top tier.
Oh yeah I'll admit its a stunning game. Too bad it wasn't a mainline SMT with that level of detail in the art and dungeons
>>
>>381721847
That's not really an unpopular opinion. I liked how they revealed the narrative through traversing the house.
The general consensus is that it should be like $3.50 on steam not fucking 20 bux though.
The shit is like an hour long with no replay value.
>>
>>381725982
>Too bad it wasn't a mainline SMT with that level of detail in the art and dungeons
Fucking this. Overall I was disappointed with it too but it's probably the best a Persona game would ever be. A mainline SMT with the same attention as this game would be something I could play forever.
>>
>>381726298
>That's not really an unpopular opinion.
People are constantly shitting on this game on this board.
>le sjw bullshit
>le not really game
>The general consensus is that it should be like $3.50 on steam not fucking 20 bux though.
That's far too reasonable to be the general consensus on /v/
>>
File: 1497319719540.png (311KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1497319719540.png
311KB, 900x702px
>>381721847
I feel like Half-life two is great. I mean yeah, it's outdated, but I feel like /v/'s hate for Half-life isn't really justified. It was still great for the time, and though it can't compare as much to todays games, I feel like it's still worth a play.
>>
File: 1496354414700.jpg (10KB, 347x234px) Image search: [Google]
1496354414700.jpg
10KB, 347x234px
>>381721847
Last of Us wasn't that bad. It was decent. Far from a 'cinematic experience'. I thought the concept of clickers deriving from a fungi was a refreshing concept to the otherwise overdone zombie franchise. People weren't that great off, and they really did decent with the atmosphere. Not great, but definitely not worth the dislike that /v/ has for it.
>>
Graphics don't matter. Also, story can be more important than gameplay in many cases.
>>
>>381726629
all those things are in a 45 minute walkabout sim peddled as a full game
that's the underlying issue
>>
Framerate doesn't matter
>>
>>381727323
>all those things are in a 45 minute walkabout sim peddled as a full game
>that's the underlying issue
I was agreeing with you about that being the main issue I was just saying that's not the consensus with /v/irgins
>>
I'm a spider
>>
>>381721847

I like Her Story and think /v/ only hates it because they've labeled it as "SJW" even though it's not at all.
>>
File: RETCHING RN.jpg (58KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
RETCHING RN.jpg
58KB, 666x666px
Collectibles are a shit game mechanic.
>>
File: MAFIA.jpg (569KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
MAFIA.jpg
569KB, 666x666px
This game is worth playing.
>>
>>381727876
Is that really unpopular though?
>>
>>381728008
Apparently.
>>
>>381727876
Collectibles are great only if they're
1. Not mandatory
2. Cleverly hidden/fun to reach
3. Give access to fun but non-mandatory extras like concept arts, soundtracks, alt-skins etc.
>>
I think GTA 5 is kinda shit. GTA 4 was better in almost every aspect.
>>
The last good tales game was tales of graces.
>>
>>381722983

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion. Atlus fans are a pretty niche audience. Everyone else rightly dismisses Atlus as weebshit. Just because it's constantly shilled on /v/ doesn't mean it's actually popular.
>>
>>381728243
Nope. Still shit.

Spend that time adding gameplay.
>>
>>381721847
Other M is better than Prime Hunters and Return of Samus.

Sonic 4 is better than all of the handheld Sonics except for Advance 1.
>>
My most hated final fantasy games are 13, 8, and 7. In order from least to most hated."
>>
>>381727504
fair I guess, everyone flings too much earwax here
enjoy your weekend anon
>>
>>381723656
I CAN'T HEAR YOU
I CAN'T SEE YOU
WOOOAHAHHHH
>>
>>381728273
terrible. The SERIOUS writing was shit and the IN YOUR FACE PARODY ! was shit in both games.

cockstar really lost its touch and only wants to sell micro transactions so fuck them.
>>
The Third Birthday is a good game if you completely remove all traces of story from it. It has no relation to Parasite Eve except its version of Arise Within You, which is excellent (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGGsg3rjOhM).
>>
>Mighty No.9 was fun despite the flaws and I'm happy Beck is appearing in more games.
>There's nothing wrong with making MUH ART games but remember you're making video games. Fun is mandatory.
>Shaolin Monks is the best Mortal Kombat game ever made
>Mortal Kombat has good lore and universe but the fighting games are atrocious.
>Diversity is good. Western devs are just retarded and don't know how to do it without being cringy and preachy.
>QTEs are fun when done right. See: Anything made by CyberConnect2
>Visual novels are video games
>I don't feel there's anything wrong with Other M's plot because I read the Metroid manga.
>Kingdom Hearts 2 and Birth By Sleep are the highlights of the series.
>>
Prime Hunters and Prime Corruption were so shit that I'm not excited for 4. Fuck going to other planets. Metroid is all about one bigass ecosystem.
>>
File: 1479366247174.jpg (43KB, 528x705px) Image search: [Google]
1479366247174.jpg
43KB, 528x705px
>I loved Life is Strange
>I loved Firewatch
>I loved Walking Dead season 1 AND 2
>I loved The Last of Us
>I loved Until Dawn
>Gone Home was okay, it needed to be longer though

Fite me
>>
I think the switch is an alright system
>>
>>381727946
its a literal 5/10
>>
SFV is a great game to get into fighting games with. I think a lot of the hate is overblown and if the SSFV rumors are true, it'll probably end up being a great game, all things said and done, just like SF3 and SFIV.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with games trying to tell stories or aspiring to be art. The problem is, most devs can't write a story for shit and most devs trying to make artistic games just make shallow "deep" bullshit.
>>
>>381728819
The only ones i've played there are LiS and TLoU, and I loved both of them

How does Until Dawn compare to LiS?
>>
>>381728894
I don't think it's unpopular to think the Switch is a great handheld, but it has absolutely no worthwhile games yet and very little on the horizon
>>
>>381727254
I agree. If anything, the emphasis on graphics/resolution is holding back gaming as a medium. Most devs aren't able to balance high amounts of appearance and functionality, usually sacrificing the latter because the former is what sells.
>>
>>381721847
My favorite Paper Mario game was Super Paper Mario. I also liked 64.

But I didn't really care for The Thousand-Year Door and don't see why everyone considers that game as the whole series' gold standard. It approaches Smash Melee levels of fanaticism at times.
>>
>>381721847

I think Dark Souls isn't actually that good. I get the first game didn't have as much funding as the sequels, but the graphics/physics/everything else is garbage. The lore sure is top-notch, but the technical execution of everything sucked balls. The HUD was ugly, the models were ugly, everything was just horrible.

I unironically think Dark Souls 3 is better than DS2, and DS2 is better than DS1. And I think DS2 is shit.
>>
I'm not excited for Cuphead. It has a great aesthetic and kudos to them for doing traditional animation but the game itself looks to be forgettable.
>>
>>381728935
Pretty different experiences, Until Dawn plays like some classic slasher with some twists and turns, and its your priority to keep all your little teen stereotypes alive for the night with QTEs and proper thinking.
>>
My favorite FF is VIII and I also loved most of XV. Except that stealth section.
>>
I rank Pokemon like this: 4, 5, 3, 6, 2, 1, 7.
>>
I don't find Navi as annoying as people claim to be. Neither Fi, and as a matter of fact, enjoyed her voice.

Only time it did got annoying was the battery tip. That was just out of place.
>>
>>381728769
>Diversity is good. Western devs are just retarded and don't know how to do it without being cringy and preachy.

Well, good to know /v/ is capable of making an observation like this without completely sperging out into full blown /pol/emics.
>>
>>381729304
I haven't played Ocarina of Time to since it was new, but I don't remember Navi being annoying at all
>>
I enjoyed other M more than the Metroid Prime games.
In fact, the first two prime games were tedious as shit with all their backtracking and prime 3 was ruined by motion controls, making Other M the only enjoyable 3D metroid game
>>
I don't like the Legend of Zelda series
>>
>>381729531

There's a reason why the HEY LISTEN meme exists.
>>
>>381729376

I feel like it'd be a common opinion if you got rid of the t_d and /pol/ meme bandwagon. No one complains about diverse characters in fighting games.
>>
File: 1496442360699.jpg (34KB, 334x349px) Image search: [Google]
1496442360699.jpg
34KB, 334x349px
>>381721847
Consoles are not worth it even for the few exclusives because controllers are shit and the low framerate slowly makes you blind.
>>
>>381728769
Completely agree with this.

>>381729304
>I don't find Navi as annoying as people claim to be. Neither Fi, and as a matter of fact, enjoyed her voice.
This so hard. Although I did find Navi a tad annoying when I had grown, played through OoT more than a few times, so when the game stops just to tell me what a fucking door is and how to enter through it, that shit was pretty annoying. Still, I've always found the hatred for either overblown.

I also thought SS was a pretty good game overall and way better than TP, the actual worst 3D Zelda game by far and away.
>>
File: screenshot4.jpg (32KB, 312x234px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot4.jpg
32KB, 312x234px
>>381729049
>The HUD was ugly, the models were ugly, everything was just horrible.

I'm pretty sure this was an intentional design choice. DS is a late successor to the King's Field series, which was FromSoftware's flagship before they became a more mainstream studio. The bland, low-detail textures and muddy scenery are lauded by KF fans as providing a greater sense of realism and immersion. Since DS is based on similar themes, it only stands to reason From would continue to push the kind of gritty aesthetics as seen in KF.

But that may be before your time. I'm not sure if DS was really designed as a service to classic KF fans, since DS has a way more casual appeal.
>>
>>381730018
FROM is just a bunch of lazy slant eyes. Stop giving them so much credit where it isn't due.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.