[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying to clear some space on my PS4 >looking at what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1436569155820.jpg (14KB, 478x361px) Image search: [Google]
1436569155820.jpg
14KB, 478x361px
>trying to clear some space on my PS4
>looking at what games to delete
>all the indie games are 500MB-2GB
>all the japanese games are 2-20GB
>the one AAA western game I have 75GB

Why the fuck does nobody even try to optimize shit anymore
>>
Because lol there is space who cares
>>
>programming a videogame meant having to work with a limited amount of space
>programmers kept making up neat tricks to save the smallest amount of data
It used to be an art, what happened.
>>
>>381720093

I know it sounds hipster as fuck to say it but I honestly do think older games were on the whole better because they had limitations and that forced them to do crazy shit to just get it running nevermind run perfectly. There's not really anything like that these days and when there is in terms of processing power or whatever people usually just say "fuck it, the game's gonna run at a subpar framerate/resolution, who cares anyway."
>>
>>381719275
he dead
>>
>>381720093
It died with Iwata who was the king of it
>>
File: bruh jojo.png (332KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
bruh jojo.png
332KB, 411x411px
>>381720093
New generations of developers who didn't learn those tricks and don't care to.
Remember those kids who said they were going to be game makers?
They are now.
And they suck.
>>
>>381719275
>>the one AAA western game I have 75GB
The reason to stop buying AAA western trash gros even bigger.
>>
>>381719275
just buy a bigger hardrive, fag
>>
File: 1490233455.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1490233455.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
>>381719275
>he doesn't have a 4tb external hard drive hooked up his ps4
>it isn't nearly full

h-heh
>>
>>381720439
I'm a programmer on a medium sized company, and probably 90% of the people I work with can't be bothered with optimizing anything. They're pretty good at optimizing the work they delegate to others, so they can sit on their asses all day, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.