[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would it need to be successful? >Lock on system >No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: DARKSOULSONLINE.jpg (16KB, 598x337px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOULSONLINE.jpg
16KB, 598x337px
What would it need to be successful?

>Lock on system
>No class locked abilities
>No class locked armor/weapons
>Game has to take place in recognized regions in main entry titles.
>Paywall

Anything else?
>>
Just stop.
>>
>>381718238

This is a fucking stupid idea and you must be under 18 to even consider such a thing.
>>
>>381718506
>Implying it hasn't been considered by Bandai.
>>
>>381718785
You must be 18 to post on 4chan.org
>>
>>381718238
mods
>>
but dark souls is already online?
>>
>>381718785

I'd bet you 500 dollars nobody working there has ever once had a serious discussion about this stupid, stupid idea. I hope you learn something from this thread.
>>
>>381719897
Not that guy, but I am sure you'd be out five hundred dollars if you were to actually make a bet with that. Bandai is full of Jews, and they love to milk the absolute shit out of Dark Souls. I'm sure they have at one point in time seriously considered this.
>>
Nothing can make that work
Nothing
No one
They would fuck it up
Even if they nailed an open world grim atmosphere, which they won't and never will, they would fuck it up
And even if they did nail it, the playerbase would grumpydump it like the other DaS
>>
>>381718238
Dedicated servers

Idk how anyone can enjoy that piece of shit online

>SOUND of hitting your enemy starts
>JK he actually rolled through it

every, single, fucking, time
>>
>>381718238
How 2 Dark Souls Online
>It's just a message board
>users can only communicate in fixed soapstone messages
>>
>>381718238
it already is online
>>
dark souls is already online though
>>
>>381718238
It's a terrible idea. The base game already has all the mmo aspects it needs outside of maybe allowing a more permanent summon through passwords.

If they ever did it It would need good servers. All the Dark Souls games have had horrible phantom range and hit detection. It's no fun to hit someone, do no damage, then get teleport backstabbed by a dagger that should have basically no range.
>>
>>381721516
>>381720797

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6qa7aptE1Q

Look at what this game is like with absolutely no lag. It's depressing.
>>
>>381719518
>>381721197
>>381721237
Fucking dense retards
>>
>>381718238
PVP has never been good enough for this to be even remotely sustainable. And plus just wanting PVP wouldn't make it worth this amount of money and shit.

I'd much rather them just make a non-coop/PVP with just the ghost and message system. They did much better when they simply focused on making solo experiences.
>>
>>381718238
This is a terrible, terrible idea for so many reasons I don't even know where to start
>>
A campaign/story you can complete offline.
>>
>>381721709
And then it would be open to other completely abusable shit. The shit that wasn't abuseable before would now just be spammed. Parry spam would become a completely legit strat and well... parry would become easier and every fight would become that until everyone went to the hardest to parry weapons and then the whole fight would become a spacing game of pokes and would get boring really quick.

I'm certainly not defending lag, but this would just show how shallow the combat is for PVP.
>>
>>381722362
Well yeah, the combat's designed for a single player experience. PvP existing at all is just a side effect of From wanting to do a cool online thing with DeS and should never be the focus.
>>
File: file.png (277KB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
277KB, 520x293px
>>381719897
They made this remember?
>>
Reminder that letting Bandai near Souls was a mistake
>>
>>381718238
Fuck off
>>
>>381722362
Yeah it would still be shallow because pvp was never the main focus but at least it's better to get punished legitimately rather than getting killed by phantom range
>>
>>381718238
Literally just Dark Souls.
>>
>>381718238
Fuck off with your MMOs you piece of shit
>>
File: 1451936636482.jpg (270KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451936636482.jpg
270KB, 500x500px
>>381718481
fpbp
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.