[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get memed into buying ps4 >play Bloodborne >pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: Image-Vicar_Amelia01.jpg (324KB, 1472x828px) Image search: [Google]
Image-Vicar_Amelia01.jpg
324KB, 1472x828px
>get memed into buying ps4
>play Bloodborne
>pretty fun but the bosses are easy as fuck
>see this whore
any good tactics on her i am fucking triggered
>>
Fire paper and keep to her five/seven o'clock, if you're using something fast like the saw spear you can rack up a lot of damage incredibly fast. Concentrating on a leg or arm will also break it, giving you time to get in more hits.
>>
>break left leg
>break right leg
>break left arm
>break right arm
>throw numbing mist
>win
>>
>>381707217
>>381707275
i play hammer and sword fuck
>>
File: 1495479621357-2.jpg (334KB, 1024x526px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-2.jpg
334KB, 1024x526px
>>381706978
10 days
>>
>>381707935
Focus your attacks on one leg at a time and she'll get staggered and you get do a visceral attack. Fire paper is very effective.
>>
>>381706978
There's an item you can find somewhere called Numbing Mist, it'll stop her from healing if you can hit her bang on.

My honest tip is to summon someone. Amelia's design is bullshit, as are a fair few bosses in Bloodborne, to be honest. "Shockwaves", cramped boss arenas and limbs and fabric flying everywhere.
>>
>>381706978
>bosses are easy as fuck
>gets stuck on the fourth boss
Even worse if you skipped Cleric Best and Witch.
>>
>>381708513
No one plays the game/wants to help
waited for like 30 mins and no one helped but i helped someone to kill her
>>
>>381708619
killed even the blood something optional boss that gives me the first chalice but she reminds me of smough from ds1 and i always sucked at him
>>
>>381708513
You are honestly just bad. Amelia is very easy and very readable.

>>381708630
You can get someone from /v/ or /vg/ to help you and match up immediately with a password, even if you have mismatched levels.
>>
>>381708630
Summon the npc
>>
>>381708630
If you try at different times of day and set your network connection to World instead of Local you might have more luck.

There are some optional bosses you can fight at this point in the game, you might want to go and take them on to gain some extra levels and see if that helps.

>>381708762
I can beat her with ease because I know how to read her. Doesn't mean her design isn't awful.
>>
>>381708763
the NPC has autism i'd rather suck cock than give her 1 insight
>>
>>381706978
There's no way you think this boss is more difficult than BSB
>>
>>381708905
killed every boss up until her in 1 time
>>
>>381706978
Try doing dmg to all her limbs at the same time. You can stun-lock her hard.

>>381708905
bsb is the easiest boss in the game.
this is much harder, specially cause her fur slows the game to 20fps...
>>
>>381709553
so its normal that the games sometimes lags? thought my copy of the game is broken for a while
>>
>>381709730
>singleplayer
>lag
if you're talking about the animations that's just how they are when you connect an attack.
>>
>>381708735
I had a hard time with Amelia as well but I was being conservative with my shit. Use fire paper on her, and like >>381709553
said, break her limbs.
>>
>>381709730
it's the amazing ps4 hardware, with an incredible from soft programing. of course it's gonna perform like shit
>>
>>381710019
ok thanks bro
>>381710028
won't molotovs be good on her since shes a beast?
>>
>>381708905
>BSB
someone post the video for this poor man
>>
>>381710157
>>381708905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc
>>
>>381706978
Use fire paper and beast blood pellets and spam r1 until she dies, just like nearly every other boss.
>>
>>381710423
>she
>>
are there any good STR weapons ? i use sword and hammer but its slow as heck
>>
>>381706978
Come back later, take the path to the left and kill the witches first.
>>
>>381710730
the place with 2 giants one with a ball and the 2nd with axe?
>>
>>381706978
If you really can't beat her, I'd say go through the swamp and fight the Witches of Hemlock first (they're piss-easy) which should allow you to level up a few times in the process. By that time you should be ready to take her on.
>>
>>381710883
no.
right before the vicar boss room, head left, there'll be a new area called Hemwick Charnel Lane, it's easier.
>>
>>381710132
don't be mistaken though, the game has some serious performance issues at some parts, but unless you're expecting PC performance then that webm was fine.
>won't molotovs be good on her since shes a beast?
yes, any type of fire dmg is good vs her, including paper.
>>
>>381710883
No. The path directly left of the cathedral. Near the guys who attack with wood.
>>
>>381711078
when i go down there is a barrier
>>
>>381710553
I just used the starting axe the entire time. If I go back to my str build I'll probably try the whirligig saw, arma arm or the fire hammer since they could be fun.
>>
>>381711164
the other left.
>>
>>381711230
what other left i don't see anything
>>
>>381707935
Saw Cleaver scales equally with str/skil so you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>381711225
I actually really liked using the boom hammer. Its what I ended up using to beat Lady Maria and Orphan of Kos.
>>
>>381711307
Go all the way up the stairs near the boss you posted in the op but this time turn left.
>>
File: file.png (876KB, 838x755px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
876KB, 838x755px
>>381711307
>>
File: 1460770070272.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460770070272.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>381708513
Amelia was actually one of my favorite bosses from the series.
>>
>>381711531
ok i see it thanks anon
>>
>>381708905
why do people think bsb is hard? he's probably the easiest boss to parry in the game
>>
>>381711689
probably scared fags that dodge backwards and stay away
>>
>>381706978
You're suppose to hit her arms, the left one mainly. Hitting limbs stuns bosses in this game.
>>
As soon as you enter the fight apply Fire Paper and a Beast Blood Pellet, then do a running R2 onto one of her legs to start the fight, hopefully this staggers her out of her initial attack. From then on try stay behind her and just keep attacking, aiming for the arms and legs if you can. L2 combo will build more Beasthood than R1 using the hammer and do more damage but it's slower. If you have enough time after she falls over a Charhe R2 > R2 combo will take a huge chunk off her health.

If your damage isn't good enough you should upgrade your weapon. In Hemwick and Hyperon Gaol there are twin shards to get you to +6, also if you do the first chalice you can get much better gems than you can find in the regular game at that point. Keep doing Chalice's if you want to become overpowered as fuck with gems.

See here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms12ftbQv7U
>>
>>381708306
>7.0%

Holy shit, the fanbase is pretty fucking dedicated, I'll give em that
>>
File: 1386263236437.jpg (79KB, 800x487px) Image search: [Google]
1386263236437.jpg
79KB, 800x487px
>>381711575
mine too, especially when fighting her earlier than you should. a lot of fucking fun.
>>
I just reached Fishing Hamlet for the first time. How bad is Kos? I've been doing pretty well parrying most bosses - I abused iframes to beat Living Failures and was able to get Maria down on my fourth try with viscerals.
I'm glad the DLC is challenging because I think I overleveled my character at some point, possibly when I was stuck between Vicar Amelia like OP and Blood Starved Beast - because a lot of fights after them like Paarl and Amygdala I was able to solo in my first blind attempt.
>>
>>381711920
Especially considering Gasgoine (first mandatory boss) only has a 60ish% clear rate, so nearly 2/5s of players didn't see any area of the game except Centeral Yharnam. So if you ignore those people, the percentage of players who did everything in the game compared to just beating it once is even larger.
>>
>>381711948
I found him to be the hardest souls boss of all (including das3&dlc).
>>
>>381712360
Will viscerals help? Can you even parry him?
>>
>>381712328
It's the case for all games
>>
>>381712463
yes you can parry him(i've seen videos), they probably help. but I never tried cause I'm a dumbass who like to kill all bosses with the least amount of cheesing as possible.
>>
>>381712463
Ook can definitely be parried. Viscerals are what phase 1 is all about. I found phase 2 to be more about keeping appropriate distance and baiting the right attacks, then punish accordingly.
>>
>>381712463
Yes, but parrying him is tough. I didn't bother trying with visceral most of the time.
>>
>>381711948
Went at him at level around level 75
Str build with pizza cutter fully maxed
Orphan get more aggressive as the fight goes on
Stay away from him during the first half of the fight and only attack him after baiting one of his charge attacks
After that its just straight up dodging and attacking when you see the opportunity
>>
>>381711948
Orphan is pretty hard, he's designed to punish the muscle memory dodging you developed over the game, you'll indticivly dodge a direction to avoid an attack but his follow up is already landing right on top of you. He's not that bad once you learn all his attacks. He can be parried but th windows are very short especially compared to Maria. Weirdly Backstabbing is the most effective stragedy. It feels super scary at first, but eventually you start to find points in his ultra aggressive combos that leave just enough time for a charge R2 and you can work to ensure you are behind him at this point.
>>
>>381712463
You can backstab him with a charge attack but your dodge timing and knowledge of his moveset has to be spot on

t. fought him with the kirkhammer
>>
>>381712497
Not really, Dark Souls 3 doesn't reach Gasgoine level player drop off until Pontiff Sulyvahn if I recall correctly.
>>
I've only ever found amelia difficult because I was trying to do a scrub speedrun and was fighting her without any weapon upgrades or levels. Even then it's only because I didn't look up the exact kinds of attacks to do to bring the fight from "somewhat challenging" to "free".

Stagger the fuck out of her. If you're not used to your weapon's harder hitting attacks like the transform attacks or tricked L2's or whatever, now is the perfect time to figure out how broken they are.
>>
>>381711948
he stomped my shit in due to my overreliance on muscle memory and panic dodging, especially his second phase overhead smashes. you gotta dodge in specific directions for specific moves, it's not just strafe right and R1 as he's got attacks designed to fuck you up if you try.

Brace for lots of YEEEEEOOOOOWWWW.
>>
Shit, now I want to replay. What's a fun weapon to try? Amyglada arm seems neat but also unwieldly as fuck.
>>
We need some more Kos r34
>>
>>381713801
Burial Blade's pretty damn fun, and I'd recommend the Stake Driver
>>
>>381706978
>pretty fun but the bosses are easy as fuck
No shit, you killed the first 2 or 3 up to the point you're at.

To be fair, Bloodborne's 1st mandatory boss is by far the hardest of the seires, but you're already a veteran so it's only natural the latest Souls game you play also feels like the easiest.
>>
I think Vicar Amelia was the only boss I defeated first try.
>>
>>381713953
>>381713953
Stake Driver was actually my first, that baby was lovely.

Maybe Bloodletter str/tinge would be fun.
>>
>>381713076
Well DarkSouls3 is easy as shit and super linear.
Bloodborne throws you into a maze from the getgo. I'm sure many people couldn't understand the city and got frustrated. Some left in the bridge werewolves, some fell down to the sewer and said "fuck it", some ran out of bloodvials from dying over and over again on the first street patrol guys.
It's much more overwhelming than DaS3 and has the most depressing mood of the series. No wonder, really.
>>
>>381706978
Much like any other woman you have to flirt with her before she opens up to you in such an intimate way, play footsies with her and hold her hand and focus a lot of attention on her cute pendent, she's very proud of it.
>>
>>381713076
I don't know the statistic but if I had to guess, it'd be players stuck on Abyss Watchers.
>four of my m8s and I got DSIII and co-oped the whole game
>one is still stuck on Gundyr so he can't summon for help
Scrub
>>
File: all these mobents gone.jpg (46KB, 437x501px) Image search: [Google]
all these mobents gone.jpg
46KB, 437x501px
>fall for the bloodborne meme
>get a ps4
>have a blast, level design is awesome
>beat micolash and then go do dlc
>dlc is awesome
>orphan of kos is some goddamn horseshit with SHOCKWAVES and requires me to do farming in between attempts, kind of draws out the lamer parts of this game but I eventually beat it
>realize that all there is to do from here is chalice dungeons which are incredibly tedious and otherwise help me realize that the gameplay itself doesn't carry a lack of ambience, immersion, and overall craftsmanship of encounters
>catch of co-oping bosses is that you're pretty likely to get killed and have nothing to show for losing your farmed vials
>try a new character, realize relatively samey playstyle regardless of weapon means replayability isn't really there
>haven't touched my ps4 in 2 weeks

you guys memed me
>>
>>381709553
>>381710157
>>381710267
>>381711689
I didn't say BSB was hard, but its more difficult than Vicar to the average player.
>>
Fire paper and go for the legs
>>
I couldn't get over the lack of build variety in BB. Everything feels like a god damn dex build
>>
Reminnder: There exists people who proclaim souls games are easy but had to use summons on every fight
>>
>>381717710
I know it became a meme because of shitposters, but give Nioh a whirl, it's similar enough gameplay that I've been mostly enjoying it. (I'm only just playing it now. Bought it on release but had other things to deal with.)
>>
>>381718859
This is literally my friend and it's the most fucking infuriating thing ever. Claims to be good at the games but every fucking boss is "Too fast!", "Hits too hard!" or have "Way to much health/way to long combos!", he had a day long rant at me because I said I liked reading comments from shitters that were too bad to beat Midir, and claims that "Devs should NEVER put content behind something not everyone should be able to beat." I've offered to let him play BB on my PS4 but he, surprise surprise "Thinks the gameplay looks bullshit/not to his tastes." I know everyone has the right to their opinion and BB may genuinely not be to his liking, but don't fucking claim you're good at the games and then bitch to me about how Gael is an awful shitty fight immediately after beating him (with summons).
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.