[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get Shadowrun Returns or just skip to Dragonfall:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (38KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
38KB, 460x215px
Should I get Shadowrun Returns or just skip to Dragonfall: Director's Cut?
>>
They made Dragonfall (and Hong Kong) standalone expressly because Returns is garbage.
>>
>>381701996
Thanks.
>>
Dragonfall is the best of the them. Never finish Hong Kong because the writing and settings didn't click with me.
Returns wasn't bad but you can tell it's a first try.
>>
Dragonfall has the best story and Hong Kong has the best gameplay.
>>
>>381701609

Returns serves as an introduction to the universe if you know nothing about it. If you're already familiar with the setting, skip to Dragonfall.
>>
>>381701609
Returns was basically just a tutorial in Shadowrun. The story is kinda garbage.

Dragonfall and Hong Kong are actual campaigns.
>>
Returns wasn't bad in my opinion, but Dragonfall and HK are both better, although I personally found the character in Dragonfall to be pretty annoying.
If you don't want to buy Returns you can always just pirate the GOG version.
>>
>>381703009
>>381703153
these boys is rite, Returns is fine if you're new and want a crash course, Dragonfall gets more advanced and heads into the (for some reason) massive amount of German-only shadowrun content, and then Hong Kong finishes off with a super well-polished gameplay mechanics, albeit with some less interesting characters
>>
Skip to Dragonfall, then do Hong Kong, and if you love the game so much that you need another fix, do Dead Man's Switch (Returns).

I don't remember it as being TERRIBLE right up until the very, very end, but I haven't played it since about a week after the original release, and I'd probably be really spoiled by the quality of Dragonfall and Hong Kong if I tried to go back.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.