[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT post series that prove less is more every time they added

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 51D98VK2RWL.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51D98VK2RWL.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
ITT post series that prove less is more

every time they added new shit the series kept losing more and more of its magic
>>
Chris chan invented the let's play with this game
>>
>>381694023
Well they havent made one for console in forever. I would buy a switch if they made a new animal crossing for it.
>>
I don't see how having more options for things to do could possibly detrimental in Slice of Life the game.

That said I don't really understand why people are clamoring for a new one, New Leaf is obviously the definitive Animal Crossing, I can't think of anything the series needs at this point other than like a villager roster update and just more villager dialogue.
>>
>>381694023
I think you mean the more recent the entry the less nostalgia it had.

The only one I'd agree sucked was City Folk, and I'm not a fan of being forced to be mayor because it detracts from the "just another neighbor" role you usually play. However if you had it your way we'd all be wear retarded fucking cone hats with half the furniture and shit shirt customization.

Also kinda peeved that New Leaf has "AMIIBO" splashed across the title screen now. Besides that its hands down the best animal crossing.
>>
>>381694023
Even though I know almost everything about the gamecube version, there's something about it that gives it a sense of mysticism and charm. None of the other games in the series can compete with this installment.
>>
>>381695925
>bigger villages
>building your own house
>build mode that actually lets you see where you're building
>more ways to make bells than island grinding
>>
>>381695925
Animal Crossing is missing gardening. Not farming, but gardening. Real gardening. Not growing fruits and hoping adjacent flowers cross breed.

With that should come cooking. That'd fit in so naturally, especially since they made half the dialogue about how much your neighbors love specific food.

It would lead to easy to implement new opportunities for existing systems
>New money farming method
>More house/town customization
>New tools to use
>New neighbor activities (invite over for dinner, give favorite food as a gift, grow their favorite plant, help them at their garden)
>Unique bugs spawning in specific garden scenarios

They already have half the framework for gardening implemented like digging holes, placing structures, growing plants and all the previously mentioned that would compliment it and vice versa.
>>
>>381696618
I'm missing the difference between just planting flowers in an area and what you call gardening.
>>
>>381694023
It's actually less content and a slight change to the game that got rid of the magic. Cutting a lot of the localized dialogue and moving over to the rolling pin made the game seem a lot smaller.
>>
File: KatamariDamacybox.jpg (39KB, 263x382px) Image search: [Google]
KatamariDamacybox.jpg
39KB, 263x382px
>>
What does every one think of the wii/city folks version?

I am loving the shit out of it. Bought it for 2euro, thought I would give AC a try and now it feels like I have been missing out..
>>
>>381698336
It's fine but the whole animal tracks problem takes the fun out of it.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Grass_Deterioration
>>
>>381698336
Mediocre. The city is tiny, boring and all of Gracie's furniture is way too fucking expensive. Dying grass was a dumb mechanic. I always preferred the train to the bus.
>>
>>381694426
People should honor that.
>>
File: 1495094285648.jpg (25KB, 699x471px) Image search: [Google]
1495094285648.jpg
25KB, 699x471px
>>381694023
>AC
>less is more
Nigga I've been playing the AC series since the Gamecube one, the only thing ACNL doesn't have over it is the music.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.