[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so fucking wrong? IMO the atrocious health system and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: re6.jpg (43KB, 630x335px) Image search: [Google]
re6.jpg
43KB, 630x335px
What went so fucking wrong? IMO the atrocious health system and clunky movement and EVERYTHING relating to the guns, including the hud
>>
The RE6 fags only show up at night to defend this shit...try again after midnight
>>
>>381692805
Jake's and Chris' campaigns were too over the top. Should have sticked with Leon and Helena. Although the game is pretty fun overall for what it is. The gunplay mechanics are actually pretty neat and exploitable. The health system is awesome because you have it ready on the fly, and the HUD can be turned off. And that delicious Helena ass. What is wrong with you?
>>
Everything that wasn't the actual gunplay and Jake's melee.
>>
>>381695749
The health system is shit.
"totally not hearts" instead of a functional health bar. The whole "tablet" thing was cumberstone as fuck (literally need to go through 3 menus to heal yourself) and the fact that ALL herbs only healed 1 block instead of having different herbs do different shit just meant you could spam heals non stop because mixing wasn't a big trouble (i know you got more tablets if you mixed but its still a terrible system)
>>
It had a fantastic action base ready to go but then remembered that it was shipping under the Resident Evil brand and therefore had to be like Resident Evil in some form or fashion. The horror elements attempted mixed as well as oil and water, and resulted in absolutely nothing going right despite there very fucking clearly being some legitimately good ideas at play. Truth of the matter is RE6 was a straight refinement of RE5's balls to the wall action and is NEVER should have tried to incorporate horror elements in any capacity. Not in its inventory, its enemy design, its level design, nothing. Should've just been straight action, that's what this game had going for it and even that didn't get to shine properly.
>>
>>381695749
And I don't give a fuck about turning the HUD off, I want a functional HUD, tell me how many exact bullets I got left in the mag, with a numerical counter, not a fucking blip counter, to this day I still don't know how many bullets the wingshooter held in its mag because there were so fucking many the blips overlapped within each other and you actually lost count halfway through.

Also, the laser sight turns off after every shot, and turns back on in a different spot, how are those good gun mechanics to you? and sometimes when you're backing down, the camera sits right behind leon's head, puts it in the middle, it actually makes it literally impossible to aim because the whole head is blocking you
>>
>>381695749

>Jake's and Chris' campaigns were too over the top. Should have sticked with Leon and Helena.

Fuck no, Jake's and Chris's were close to being what RE6 wanted to be. It was Leon's that did everything wrong. Hell, Ada's was basically Leon's but with a fun crossbow and something resembling actual puzzles, the worst parts of her campaign was when she crossed paths with Leon's so you had to re-experience his shitty parts again. And don't even get me started on Helena, worst girl in the game bar none. Not even dat ass saves her irritating role as the shittiest plot device the game can muster.
>>
>>381698371
Nice job, not playing it on PC.
>>
>>381692805
ITT people who didn't play the game on the hardest difficulty and can't appreciate kino
>>
>>381699850
But I did? What part of what I said seems to imply I didn't play it on PC? Also thanks for reminding me that the PC version literally can't be paused even if you're in offline mode
>>
>>381692805
>What went so fucking wrong?
Nothing, is better than 5 and worst than 4.
>>
>>381700182

I won't agree that NOTHING went wrong but
>is better than 5 and worst than 4
Yeah, that much is true.
>>
>>381692805
>clunky movement

So every single RE game known to man?
>>
>>381692805
I think it's an alright game. It just needed less annoying QTE sequences and a little more focus on horror.
>>
>>381700276
Well yeah, the game could be better, but it's not as bad as some retards say.
>>
>>381692805
I'll agree with everything there but the movement was far from clunky considering it's Resident Evil.
>>
File: magmaman.jpg (45KB, 694x312px) Image search: [Google]
magmaman.jpg
45KB, 694x312px
>Do you like RESIDENT EVIL (tm) main characters?
>How about we make a game with all of them? The more the better!
>Explore over 1,200 corridors with such memorable enemies as "Zombies that are actually just spastic militia" and "Helicopter gorilla man"
It's just too fucking long for fucks sake.
>>
>>381700946
>such memorable enemies as "Zombies that are actually just spastic militia" and "Helicopter gorilla man"
Hey, fuck you, one of the most memorable moments of Resident Evil as a whole is that bit in Chris' campaign where you go into the building to rescue the hostages and they're strapped on the back of these fucking spider things.

I had to stop playing I was laughing so hard.
>>
no wesker
>>
>>381701923

Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>381698371
>He didn't learn the quick mix/heal buttons
>>
>>381692805
Movement sucked ass
>>
>>381702026
everybody knows wesker cant die
>>
File: never ever.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
never ever.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>381702264
>They had to add a whole special button to make the healing system not suck as much
>>
>>381702386
I don't know how he's going to come back from a rocket launcher in the face while bathing in a pool of lava. But I await Capcom's ridiculous answer.
>>
>>381702830
He already became Neo, why not become Dr. Manhattan?
>>
File: no way fag.jpg (27KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
no way fag.jpg
27KB, 310x310px
>>381692805
Literally every aspect of the game is clunky/cumbersome

>Movement.
it's floaty, sprinting is awful and almost impossible to control, plus for some reason the game doesn't let you sprint the majority of the time, also the tripping animation, or the objective marker system where you'd just fucking stop and an arrow would be planted on your face

>Level design

A fuckload of corridors with a lot of visual clutter which had an invisible barrier, meaning you couldn't actually move all around the place, your character would get hit an invisible wall all the time, and the AI partner refusing to move didn't help.

>Inventory
It's cumbersome and requires you to jump through a bunch of hoops to do anything plus it lacks depth, this includes the awful healing system

>HUD
Too many icons the game never bothers telling you what they're for, no numerical counter for ammo and it generally felt like it didn't fit

>Menus
It's a terrible sign when a game fucks this up, instead of adding some convenient text menu, they added some flashy "cellphone" bullshit which is slow to navigate and confusing at first.

>gunplay
See what someone said above: The laser sight disappears when shooting and resets in a different spot, making follow up shots almost impossible to land, and the combination of laser+ crosshair is horrible, the camera fucks up and gets literally in leon's face at times. Guns either feel OP or completely useless

There's so much wrong desu, but it wouldn't fit in a post, and nobody would actually read it.

Also I wish Capcom would have stopped fucking making Leon the protagonist when Chris was present. Chris is the real RE protagonist and he was sidelined by Leon's popularity because he's the "pretty boy"
>>
>>381700493
its pretty fucking bad
>>
>>381695749
>Jake's and Chris' campaigns were too over the top. Should have sticked with Leon and Helena.
You have that BACKWARDS, my man. Leon's campaign is horrid and is the worst part of the game. The mechanics encourage you to play it fast but the zombies are slow and it makes timing hits excruciating and boring, plus Helena is one of the most boring fucking characters in the whole series and the entire premise of their campaign has zero substance.

Chris > Ada = Jake >>> Leon
>>
>>381692805
the hardest difficulty turning off upgrades was retarded, it didn't make it legitimately harder it just took out an entire aspect of the game
>>
>>381703810

>that campaign ranking

My African American brethren.
>>
No real RPG elements, I don't consider those tacked on skills RPG elements, and no sense of exploration, it's just shooty shooty, has some nice plot and backstory though, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>381703810
>Chris
>good
It's literally Gears of War with ammo shortages.
>>
>>381705097
>It's literally Gears of War
And Leon's is literally Left 4 Dead with tripping.
>>
Besides having a forgettable trainwreck of a story, Jake was just a shitty character and the different HUD for each character was a dumb choice. The action though, fucking amazing. Makes you feel like you're in Equilibrium.
>>
>>381705178
I didn't say Leon's was good.
>>
>>381692805
Nothing, it's a fun game
>>
>>381705606
>Jake was just a shitty character
Says some retard who didn't use the melee system.
>>
>>381705791
No one said Chris's was either :^)
>>
File: 1493301068159.jpg (218KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493301068159.jpg
218KB, 900x600px
Things RE6 did well:
>give us zombies and 'ganado' type enemies
>dodge rolling and switching shoulders, gunplay is fun although some aspects are a little wonky (dedicated melee button for instance)
>Chris and Leon in the same game
>Helena's tits
>Sherry's ass

Things RE6 did wrong:
>everything about Carla
>everything about Jake
>everything else
>>
File: Deborah_Harper_2.jpg (114KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
Deborah_Harper_2.jpg
114KB, 850x478px
>>381692805
>What went so fucking wrong?
Using a 10/10 design for a one-off boss fight and she's not even playable in mercenaries.
>>
>>381706718
Like Rachel

Even though we got her in the revisions.
>>
>>381695749
Leon's campaign is a fucking insult.
>>
>>381705836
How the fuck did you being able to find any fun in it make it a perfect game?
>>
>>381707104
Except Ooze Rachel who was on-disk dlc.
>>
>>381707249
I'm talking about the 3DS version. Rachel wasn't in that at all (as a playable character).
>>
>>381707152

This. I'd rather have an action fest than an action fest trying and failing to be horror and ending up doing neither right in the process. At least the action fest succeeds at something, Leon's simply shits on RE's heritage in trying to honor it.
>>
>>381707303
I know that, I was talking about the later versions which had her but the ooze outfit was locked until you paid for it.
>>
>>381707489
Was Female HUNK on disc too?
>>
>>381707574
I think so, one of them was a pre-order bonus or something.
>>
>>381692805
In the end it wasnt the graphic quality that looked like mix between the gamecube and the ps3, the fact it looked much worse than re5, the awful writing and idiotic plot, the fact it ad force co op, or the shitty dated controls, no.
It wasnt all that that made me hate it.

It was the fucking QTE'S every fucking 5 minutes!

It fucking rivaled fahrenheit/idigo prophecy in use of them.
Every fucking time i started to enjoy myself the game would fucking throw a 5 minute qte section in which i would ether get completely thrown off my game and die or which would make me want to quit the game.
>>
>>381700331
>So every single RE game known to man?

but this has shit movement, even by RE standards
>>
>>381708085

>even by RE standards

I don't even like RE6 but God no. If RE6 has shit movement then RE has NEVER had good movement. Not in the classics nor the other action titles. It's not hard to control more fluidly than tank controls and RE6 at least manages that much.
>>
>>381708085
lmao no, re6 did the combat right, this is a universal known thing for this game. Get smoked kid.
>>
>>381708818
>re6 did the combat right

if it did, why why are people complaining about it?
>>
>>381709174
This is /v/, it's required by law that you just mindlessly shit on everything.
>>
>>381709174
It does a few things better than the others but worse everything else.
>>
>>381709174

The combat mechanics were good but it's the enemies themselves that were fucked. Only melee finishers really feel any good against them as they're resilient motherfuckers to honor the survival horror heritage of RE but it simply doesn't mesh well with the action pacing so enemies are less fun to fight and more tedious. But the mechanics themselves are good.
>>
>>381709936
>The combat mechanics were good

they were ass.
>>
I had fun playing it as an action game, after going into the settings and changing FOV of course.
>>
>>381709321
>Mindlessy shit
> there are lots of legit complaints with explanation and All that
>>
>>381709990

Nah, there's a flow to the gun kata stylings at play. The game does a terrible job of teaching you this but stunning enemies with your gun and letting melee do the heavy lifting does end up working well on paper, if not looking like a really stupid combat tactic against BOWs. RE6 has something, it just did it with the wrong series. I'd love to see it applied to, say, Dino Crisis. Don't have to worry about making zombies scary or anything, just suplexing raptors because fuck yeah suplexing raptors. It's not a system that works within the context of RE.
>>
>>381710351
>Nah, there's a flow to the gun kata stylings at play.

what flow? Also the melee system was stupid because it drained your stamina like no tomorrow
>>
File: 276804919.jpg (537KB, 1000x1178px) Image search: [Google]
276804919.jpg
537KB, 1000x1178px
best girl tho'
>>
>>381710474

Like I said, set enemies up with your gun then finish them with melee, usually melee finishers. Playing RE6 like a typical RE game is awful but the game doesn't tell you to not do that.

>the melee system was stupid because it drained your stamina like no tomorrow

Another thing the game doesn't tell you is that lying supine where you can roll sideways recharges your stamina retardedly fast. RE6 is really, really bad at explaining its mechanics, I found that one out through RE threads here.
>>
>>381692805
This game never should've been a RE game. Should've just been its own thing, which would've been great since it wouldn't have to adhere to the constraints of being a RE game, creating the Frankenstein's monster that was RE.
>>
>>381710351
I'm just happy that the new melee system made it so that the knife is more useful than it has ever been in the entire series, so you can totally get away with not using a gun throughout entire sections. Plus, once you master the counterattack system, you'll only ever take damage from projectiles, explosives or mini-boss BOWs.
>>
>>381710802
>Playing RE6 like a typical RE game is awful but the game doesn't tell you to not do that.

that's because RE6 is presented like an over the shoulder shooter, like RE4 and 5
>>
Only thing that went right was Mercenaries Mode but that goes without saying in any Resident Evil
>>
>>381712418

Oh, certainly. RE6 is an instance where the more familiar with the franchise you are, the more inherently WRONG it feels. RE's always been a bit experimental though and RE6's combat is no exception but changing how combat works compared to every other mainline entry to date, then proceeding to do a bad job in explaining how it's different can understandably result in some crossed wires and unnecessary frustration. And even when you do get a grasp for how it's supposed to work the game is still a confused mess of cross-genre game design that's not mixing together well at all.
>>
>>381712512
I've bought RE6 3 times, for the 360, PS4 and PC. I've only ever cleared all the main campaigns once, and Chris' campaign about 5 times because I'm a Chrisfag. I've probably got over a 1000 hours collectively just on Mercs because god damn, the combat mechanics were practically designed for an arcade environment.
If Capcom ever released a standalone version if RE6 Mercs with customizable settings, I would probably never touch any other game ever again. Also Raid Mode can suck my fucking dick.
>>
I really don't know. RE5 is one of my favorite co op games of all time but 6 just feels so wrong. I think the lack of weapon upgrades was a big problem, it was so fun to gradually work up to a maxed out magnum with infinite ammo or mess around with the bow/minigun.
>>
File: re6.jpg (269KB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
re6.jpg
269KB, 986x1378px
>>381692805
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.