[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, which game is more disappointing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Now that the dust has settled, which game is more disappointing? FFXIII or FFXV?
>>
File: FFXV-Announce-Tease_06-23-17.jpg (56KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-Announce-Tease_06-23-17.jpg
56KB, 600x337px
>>381681393
XIII.

XV wasn't a bad game at all. It just cut out a bunch of stuff.

And we also learned having a bunch of towns is equally pointless. Having a huge giant hub for a town is the best way to make towns in RPGs
>>
>>381681393
I beat 13 but couldnt stand 15 for more then three hours
>>
>>381681393
XV.
I expected absolutely nothing good from XIII. Yet I was positively surprised, and its sequels became some of the best games in the series.

>>381682486
>XV wasn't a bad game at all
I gotta disagree. I literally beat the game for the first time last week, and put some 100h to my very first playthrough as well. It has a neat plot, cast and all, but there's sooo little of it behind all those mundane open-world fetch & hunt quests. Yeah, camping and driving around is comfy, but you can literally run through the story sections in an evening, and after a dozen or two hours of just looking for coins or killing big birds, the golden line is easily lost.
>>
>>381681393
XV is more enjoyable to play than XIII, but XV was also more disappointing than XIII. Because XIII released in Japan before NA word was already out everywhere that it was shit and a hallway simulator with weird bad characters and locked down combat for 90% of the game. Expectations were low
>>
>>381681393
XV doesn't have a fucking godawful pink haired Mary Sue as the protagonist.
>>
>>381681393
XV. That game was overhyped as fuck.
>>
>>381683887
neither does XIII.
>>
>>381681393

XV was less disappointing mostly because the XIII trilogy (and that whole era of Squeenix, really) ran expectations into the ground. XIII came out of nowhere with its badness, while with XV we were bracing ourselves for a total trainwreck and wound up with something pretty solid if clearly unfinished.
>>
>>381683649
Why would you put 100 hours into a game you don't like?
>>
>>381681393
>which one of the two only good games in the shittiest series ever was more disappointing
Man I hate nostalgiafaggots.
>>
>>381685001
No, but it's sequels do. I don't understand the need to elevate Light in to goddess status. She was as much a part of the struggle as the rest, no better or worse. Marketing wise, I get it, but in terms of the story it's a bull shit, shark jumping situation. I liked XIII-2 but having Light as a goddess just because the fans like her is retarded.
>>
>>381681393
>Now that the dust has settled

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1496464743182.jpg (53KB, 960x957px) Image search: [Google]
1496464743182.jpg
53KB, 960x957px
XV by a long shot. When you look at XIII in terms of Final Fantasy standards it's a bad game, but on it's own it's pretty good. XV on the other hand was a disgusting mess of an unfinished game and taught me not to buy another FF title on launch. Honestly XV felt like 30% finished and on top of that the combat was atrocious. On top of that you literally can't get a game over.
>>
>>381686441
>No, but it's sequels do.
Only the Lighting Returns, and she still ain't a Mary Sue.
>>
>>381683773

This is a good assessment.
>>
>>381686376

It's okay to disagree, but don't call me that. I enjoyed FFXV, but it's flawed and unfinished. I can't even play it again until I have all the content that will fill in the plot holes.
>>
Gotta say XV if I have to choose one. Thing for XIII for me was, that I got it not knowing much, but FFXV was hyped so up and turned out just good. Also XIII ost is just too fuckin good.
>>
>>381681393
Theyre masterpieces. Can't wait for Ff7 to be one too.
>>
>>381681393
15 by fucking thousands of light years away.
>10 years development hell
>name change twice in that process
>change directors and art directions numerous times for the worst
>10 years for a Nissen cup noodle shill quest and commercial, along with a slew of other plugs instead of making original ideas and placing them into the game as products ( they can do this and have done this )

The entire game was one big cluster fuck of commercial plugs and disappointment for how much money and time spent making it. Yosuke Matsuda and Phil Rogers should be beaten with sticks and Square be popped like the fucking pimple it is.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.