[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys succeeded in convincing me to play this game. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg (54KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg
54KB, 256x250px
You guys succeeded in convincing me to play this game.

What can I say? I started this game with zero bias. I even liked the utopian scifi-school setting.

But after 6 hours I had to turn that fucking vomit off. Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with you that you like this garbage?
>characters have zero personality and just seem like cardboard-cutouts (especially quistis, rinoa, selphie and irvine)
>the gameplay is a fucking, easy-to-break mess
>the story is nonsensical
>the protagonist got to be one of the whiniest and gayest protagonists in vidya
>WE WUZ ORPHANAGE AND SHIT

After the orphanage scene I literally threw the CD into the fucking garbage. I will never get those hours of my life back. Thanks, trolls.
>>
It's my favourite game in the series. I love the story, the characters and the soundtrack. It brings back so many memories...

I'll admit that the gameplay hasn't aged well though.

I think it's one of those games that you had to experience at the time as an angsty teenager to fully appreciate.
>>
>>381674170
>orphanage
>6 hours into the game
This is bait.
>>
File: 1497290912172.jpg (41KB, 415x440px) Image search: [Google]
1497290912172.jpg
41KB, 415x440px
>>381674170
>WE WUZ ORPHANAGE AND SHIT

did you really play the game? Because the orphanage thing doesn't come up till the 4th disc and I doubt you were able to get there in 6 hours.
>>
>>381675134
This desu
>>
>>381674812
You have to admit it was pretty stupid though

Also drawing is mad broken. I have no idea how to really game the attachment system but I turned Squall into a loco powerhouse with 4k hp and constant hasted berserk, it was surprisingly effective.
>>
>>381675247
>Junction Cure/a/ga/ja to HP
>Junction Ultima to everything else
>Win
>>
File: jump around.gif (2MB, 300x401px) Image search: [Google]
jump around.gif
2MB, 300x401px
Play 15, it's better in every way except story.
>>
>>381674170
VIII is my least favorite PS1 FF, it has its moments and interesting ideas but just doesn't stack up to VII or even IX.
>>
>>381674812
>>381675134
>>381675202
It's CD3 idiots and it's totally possible if you don't grind at all and don't use the time-consuming GFs.
>>
>>381675247
Long story short, you Junction your strongest Healing spell to HP and your strongest Attack spells to everything else, the game is pure shit.
Alternatively if you have Ultima you just junction that to everything.
>>
>>381675478
>that image
kek

If you're going to play a FF play a classic. FFVI for the story and the musics. V for the jobs. IV for... I don't know. Hard bosses?
>>
Now, the more I understand how time functions in the game, the more I also
understand how very doomed Ultimecia was from the beginning. I’m not talking
about childhood persecution. I’m talking about her desire to usurp fate.
Fate, to repeat myself again, does indeed crush her in the story. But even if
she had succeeded in casting TC, and managed to become one with the universe,
this would’ve simply been another way for fate to have crushed her. Her
victory, if she had attained it, would have been fated, and therefore her
arrival at this victory would have revealed to her, just like her defeat did,
that free will is nonexistent. In simpler terms, she is facing a lose-lose
situation. Her aspiration towards free will is doubly-pathetic, because
winning and losing would –both– lead her to the conclusion that there is no
such thing as free will. This exposes the aspiration itself as absurd, and
extends beyond Ultimecia. Anyone in FFVIII’s world who also believes in free
will believes in a delusion. Truth in FFVIII, therefore, can only be obtained
by subscribing to the oneness of existence, by surrendering the reins of your
own life, and by recognizing that action and change are worthless phantasms.
>>
As long as I try to play it like it's my first time again it is perfectly fine. Knowing I can break it with junction still doesn't ruin it for me. Limiting yourself to like 1 draw per fight makes it considerably less broken. I guess it's the nostalgia factor as well which is also the reason so many cunts still fap over Zelda and Mario now.
>>
>>381675134
>>381675626

It's at the end side of CD 2 right before battle of Gardens.
>>
>>381675759
It's not that deep bro.
>>
>>381675725
I lost it the first time I saw that gif desu. There's something unbelievably kekworthy about the most serious member of the party getting turned into a frog and then jumping around like one when he turns back. Ignis truly is the real comedy relief. Especially since Prompto's always 2 seconds away from shooting himself in the head.
>>
>>381676442
This

She was just an edgy faggot who didn't get to play doctor with the other kids.
>>
>>381674170
How would you know about the orphanage 6 hours in?
>>
>>381675247
Triple triad + card mod + refine is even more broken
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.