[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It’s because Nintendo doesn’t understand Metroid. All Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Samus Returns.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Samus Returns.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
It’s because Nintendo doesn’t understand Metroid. All Nintendo understands is anime and child-like amusement.

Nintendo doesn’t understand we think 2d Metroid is a work of beauty and shouldn’t be on seven year old hardware on a small tiny resolution.

Nintendo doesn’t understand that Sakamoto doesn’t understand Metroid. Sakamoto destroyed the storyline with Fusion, retconned with Zero Mission, destroyed the franchise with Other M, and is now shitting on all of us with the remake.

Does Sakamoto even watch the Alien movies? Has he seen Prometheus or Alien Covenant? You’d think they could take some inspiration at least aesthetically. Sakamoto has shown he doesn’t have the talent. He keeps failing with these games, why doesn’t Nintendo place 2d Metroid with someone else?

Why is Sakamoto allowed to get near Metroid after the huge, huge Metroid Other M disaster?

At least the two new Metroid amibos look cool.
>>
File: 1389016227865.png (394KB, 493x639px) Image search: [Google]
1389016227865.png
394KB, 493x639px
>>381669231
Samus Returns will be fucking sick
AM2R dev will love it,
everyone else will love it,
only OP will still be crying about it like a little bitch for years to come.
>>
>>381669231
>Has he seen Prometheus or Alien Covenant?
I hope not
>>
>>381670636
his has nothing to do with Metroid. This has everything to do with Sakamoto.

Sakamoto destroyed the Metroid story line with Fusion.

Sakamoto has resorted to ret-conning old Metroids such as with Zero Mission.

Sakamoto destroyed the entire Metroid franchise with Metroid: Other M.

Now Sakamoto is back to ret-conning old Metroids, this time with Metroid 2.

It will have cutscenes because Sakamoto believes he is genius movie director.

It was have explanations of Chozo and Metroids because Sakamoto believes he is genius creative mind.

It will have everything about Metroid you don’t give a shit about.

The question I have is,

“What does a Nintendo director have to do to be removed from a game series?”

Destroying the lore doesn’t do it. (Fusion)

Destroying the franchise doesn’t do it. (Other M)

The only bright spot in the entire Metroid franchise since Super Metroid has been the Metroid Prime series which Sakamoto has no say. Metroid Prime remains the best selling Metroid game. And it sold on Gamecube!! Meanwhile, Sakamoto has the install base of Wii and his game sells like shit.
>>
>>381669231
>>381671049
Calm down there Malstrom.
>>
>>381669231
>Nintendo doesn’t understand we think 2d Metroid is a work of beauty and shouldn’t be on seven year old hardware on a small tiny resolution.
SR will be in higher resolution than any previous 2D Metroid game
>>
>>381669231
>Does Sakamoto even watch the Alien movies? Has he seen Prometheus or Alien Covenant?
They were garbage so for his sake I hope he didn't.
Not like Metroid follows Alien closely anyway. The first two games borrowed a lot of surface level elements and made references to Aliens, and Fusion tried to turn the Federation into Weyland Yutani for no good reason, but the series diverged into its own direction with Super Metroid and even moreso with Prime.

>Why is Sakamoto allowed to get near Metroid after the huge, huge Metroid Other M disaster?
Because despite his misteps he's still the co-creator of the IP and produced some of its best selling and critically recepted games, so Nintendo's not going to take him off his own franchise. Not to mention that both Fusion and Zero Mission are damn good games even if they trigger your autism, and how Nintendo's downplaying the story focus for lore and isolation again.

Samus Returns seems to still be keeping some elements of the direction he took with Other M and Fusion, like the greater focus on flashy combat encounters and the design of the Zero Suit, but let's see how well they're implemented. The ideas aren't inherently bad as much as their execution was, and this is a new team in a different genre with other series veterans assisting as creative directors. The circumstances are different enough to at least give a more action heavy Metroid a shot, especially considering the original Metroid 2 was a boss rush anyway.

And if you're bitching that Nintendo isnt dedicating their resources to make one really pretty hd 2D Metroid instead of doing a large budget Prime game AND a new 2D installment you can fuck right off.
>>
>>381669231
>Has he seen Prometheus or Alien Covenant?
I hope not.
>>
>>381671525
What do Nintendo fans want with a 2d Metroid? Well, start with Super Metroid but with HD graphics and modern atmosphere effects. Similar Super Metroid map, but then add MUCH MORE.

“But anon!”cries the reader. “That would never work. It all has to be brand new.”

Super Metroid is nothing but 8-bit Metroid, spruced up in graphics and modern controls, still at Zebes but with additional areas. Super Metroid turned out all right. Why not Ultra Metroid?

As far as a 3d game goes, use the Zelda BoW “Wow!” engine. The Havok engine even has the ball physics already baked in. Most of the work is already done. The ‘shrines’ would be elevators that take you down to different areas like in the original. Game world is already open air and would work great with space jump. Open World Metroid. DO IT!

It is so odd that Metroid Prime 4 was announced to be in development. Nintendo doesn’t announce games in development. Maybe Nintendo saw the Sakamoto Train Wreck coming with Metroid 2. Or maybe Nintendo saw the reaction to Zelda BoW “Wow!” and wishes to reuse the expensive engine to make a game people want to buy.
>>
>he fell for the switch meme

WUH i want metriod on my switch that I bought WUH

why nintendo release metroid on the superior system with the second screen for map navigation and 3D that complements the art style WUH
>>
>>381671825
>Super Metroid is nothing but 8-bit Metroid, spruced up in graphics and modern controls, still at Zebes but with additional areas. Super Metroid turned out all right.

This is seriously downplaying the overhauls Super Metroid made to the series' level design, usage of power ups approach to non-linearity. Play it and Metroid 1 back to back, they're very different games.

Hell, Super Metroid is famous for it's revolutionary sequence breaking but Metroid 1 doesn't even have a sequence besides getting the morph ball first and doing Tourian last.
>>
>>381671049
Zero Mission wasn't a retcon, the extra content added changes literally nothing to the story.

Other M, whilst a bad game, is at such a place in the story that it doesn't influence others. (It's safe to assume that both Fusion and Other M can co-exist because the federation have several backups for Metroid cloning)

>Destroying the Lore
How exactly?

>Prime is the best selling Metroid game
>Launch title FPS in a much beloved series

Metroid Prime sold well because it's a series liked in the west and developed in the west. It's always been a shit selling franchise and people just outright deny that.

>Other M sold poorly on the install base of the Wii
I couldn't find it anywhere to begin with, and the majority of Wii gamers couldn't give a shit about Metroid because it was families and moms who were the main audience. For serious games, people went to another platform that gen. Not saying the Wii didn't have good games, because it had them by the truckload. It's that nobody is going to buy a poorly reviewed, gimmicky Metroid on that console especially.
>>
>>381672217
>>381672178
Nintendo uses marketers just like everyone else does. E3 is one big marketing event. Metroid Other M and Federation Force blew up in their faces, and they want Metroid Samus Returns to be successful. “I just cannot wait to play this game!” says the marketer. “Metroid has terrible fans!” scolds the marketer. And yet we embraced a Metroid made by an unknown development studio.

The marketers are having a tough time because of Retro Studios. Retro Studios, which created THE BEST SELLING Metroid game of all time, Metroid Prime, showed that Sakamoto is not needed to make Metroid games that sell strong and are highly received by fans.

Sakamoto… let me tell you about him. When Other M launched, they tried to make Sakamoto into a ‘game god’ like Miyamoto with Mario or Aonuma with Zelda. Aonuma has the excuse of never having played games when he started making them. Sakamoto is someone who is hellbent on MY VISION OR ELSE and will literally march the wrong way.

Sakamoto was never a ‘designer’ of Metroid. He was a pixel artist. Gunpei was manager of the group. Sakamoto doesn’t even know the technical side of video games! This is why Nintendo has to get a Team Ninja or Mercury Team to partner up with him where they get to put out ‘his vision of Metroid’ out.

Metroid Other M was the clearest and most obvious title to point to Sakamoto not having a clue what Metroid is about. I won’t go into details as to why as you have all heard them. But let’s look further.

Metroid Fusion destroyed the Metroid storyline. So linear with too much stupid dialogue. Sakamoto doesn’t understand gaming. He just wants to be like an italian movie director.

What was GOOD about Fusion is that it shared some of the gameplay of Super Metroid. But that is about that.

What was GOOD about Zero Mission is that, aside from some of its Super Metroid gameplay, it shared the CONTENT of original Metroid.
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
This dude is literally just copy n'pasting shit from Sean Malstrom's blog.
>>
>>381673520
Sakamoto not only makes the shittiest Metroid games ever, the best Metroid games have limited or NO Sakamoto involvement! The question is, “Why is Nintendo giving Sakamoto more money to destroy the Metroid franchise?” It is a question Nintendo should be asked.

If EA made a 2d Metroid, can anyone tell me how it would differ from Samus Returns? I can’t think of anything.

Do we want Samus doing melee attacks? “But she did it in Smash Brothers!” So did Mario, but Mario doesn’t go around in his games punching people.
>>
>>381669231
>all this reddit spacing
2/10 fell for the bait
>>
File: Mario_Punch_Punch_Kick.gif (130KB, 92x138px) Image search: [Google]
Mario_Punch_Punch_Kick.gif
130KB, 92x138px
>>381674861
>but Mario doesn’t go around in his games punching people.

So you say, Malstrom.
>>
3D Mario doesn't count, apparently.
>>
Op sounds like such a fag
>>
>>381676410
He's copy and pasting some other guy's blog, so yes OP is a faggot since his shitposting isn't even original or his own.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.