[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>friends claim to be into videogames >they buy each and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 1481806826519.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1481806826519.png
200KB, 500x276px
>friends claim to be into videogames
>they buy each and every flavor of the month game, play them for a few hours and jump into the overhyped AAA game
>if they are multiplayer games they refuse to get better at them and invest time in it

I really dont get this mindset. Why not enjoy a game to its fullest? You learn more about it, maybe be able to play it competitive if its online and you actually get something for your money. Its especially retarded if it comes to fighting games. They literally exist to compete and improve, why the fuck do people even bother with them if they just mash buttons and randomly win and lose for an hour before dropping it.
>>
Your friends are having more fun because they're not little bitches making themselves upset over how other people kill time. Fuck sakes OP, WHAT ARE YOU, 12? What made you think I ever wanted you to come here and bitch about your little friends?

Grow up you fucking pathetic waste of skin, you worthless piece of shit.
>>
Don't bother responding you petty, spiteful unnecessary detriment to everybody's lives. Delete this thread, have a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself when you decided to give up on functioning like a normal fucking human being.
>>
>>381659330
>>381659514
>triggered casuals
I for one agree with OP makes people just buying shit on a whim makes devs know that the majority of people will just gobble down any shit they spew on their plate
>>
>3 posts
>2 posters
what's your end game op??
>>
>>381659687
Your elitist attitude impresses nobody and only serves to further alienate you from other people.
>>
>>381659091
why do you care?
>>
>>381659091
>if they are multiplayer games they refuse to get better at them and invest time in it
This kills me the most when it happens
>>
>>381659091
I wonder for how long they will tolerate your presence
>>
>>381660636
It shows a complete lack of ambition. They dont even need to be some autists, but some people dont even want to learn the fucking basics.
>>
>>381659091
>just mash buttons and randomly win and lose for an hour
Honestly I wish I could go back to this
I used to actually have fun playing the game. Now my entertainment is limited to whether or not I get to stroke my cock over how good I am at a game, and on top of that only when I win. Losing, or even winning but playing badly is just a source of frustration.
>>
>>381660636
>>381660902
As an anon who doesn't regularly play competitive games, get over yourselves. The amount of time you kids must spend thinking about other people, do you ever consider not being worthless and adopting an adult attitude about it?
>>
>>381659091
>they buy each and every flavor of the month game, play them for a few hours and jump into the overhyped AAA game

Why? they buy 60 dollar games just to play it for a few hours, why don't people complete their games and get their value for money
>>
File: 1423780661218.png (7KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
1423780661218.png
7KB, 288x499px
>be grown-up with job
>can buy all the vidya I want
>very little time to play because busy

>be depressed
>buy game in hopes that it'll be good enough to keep me playing
>play for two hours and get tire of it

I want to be a kid again.
>>
>>381661307
Remember anon, OP sits around making himself upset that his friends vidya habits are different than his own. We have no idea what his friends actually do vs the impotent rage OP has convinced himself to feel
>>
>>381659091

Some people just don't want to sink all those hours into something that is essentially meaningless.
>>
I have a friend with the same mentality and I never really understood it either, but thanks to him I saved a lot of money by borrowing games from him. I have beaten far more of his games than he has, we are talking 50+ games. Most of those games are flavor of the month games that I can beat in a weekend or games that I would not really pay money for.

I played Persona 5 a lot for like 3 weeks, took a one month break, came back and finished it in two days. When I talked to him, he had only finished the first palace.
>>
>>381659091
Not even memeing about anon having no friends but explanation is pretty simple
>friends
They don't care what you say to them, heck they don't even care about you.
Though they will share with their "true" friends.
>>
>>381661392
>I want to be a kid again.
So yo can make the same mistake, again, and again, and again, and again.
>>
>>381662026
Cheer the fuck up you sour cunt, you're right behind OP for miserable shits I don't want to be friends with. Is that why? Did your friends decide you were a pain in the ass and ditch you? I would have, fuck me.
>>
>>381661392

Being a kid again is impossible. You are grown up. Take responsibility for your future, instead of dreaming about the past.
>>
Protip: they don't actually care about videogames. They only pretend to enjoy them because they've been told they should. This is true of 99.9999% of the population and their "hobbies".
>>
>>381661507
Not him, but all my friends are like that. They buy each AAA games, play a few hours, and never finish them. They also play Overwatch only against AI.
>>
>>381661392

Video games are the best for children because children think about and perceive time differently. They think their childhood will last for a long, long time, and that they can't possibly waste it. But of course, adults do realize that there is such a thing as a waste of time, because it is a very limited and precious thing. They feel it chasing them every single day of their lives. So unless you are enjoying something profoundly, or at least get thoroughly distracted by it, you aren't really enjoying it at all. You are just wasting time, and being an adult means realizing that you can't afford to do that. Which is why you don't enjoy video games, as they are among the most wasteful activities imaginable.
>>
File: 1491171547484.gif (2MB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1491171547484.gif
2MB, 500x364px
>>381662626
>They also play Overwatch only against AI.

Also its funny to see all those mature /v/ poster telling OP to grow up while lurking on an imageboard at a saturday and probably posting in waifuthreads as well.
>>
>>381660697
>announcing reports

Ayy.
>>
>>381663094
>wasting time
this meme has to stop
literally everything is a waste of time, because you can do nothing to prevent death. Grow up and learn to enjoy life instead of trying to live like others tell you to or get some vague accomplishment that you are tricked into enjoying after youre dead
>>
File: 23089478980235.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
23089478980235.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>381659091
>>
>>381661098
He says while remarking on how other people spend their time. Good job.
>>
>>381662026

making THAT mistake was the best part of childhood
>>
File: 1497195354064.jpg (167KB, 720x573px) Image search: [Google]
1497195354064.jpg
167KB, 720x573px
>Friends claim I'm the casual of the group when there was a 2 year period where the only game they would play was League of Legends
>>
File: OK face.png (99KB, 472x527px) Image search: [Google]
OK face.png
99KB, 472x527px
>>381659091
Because most people have other things to do and video games are just a casual hobby. Face you even think about these things means you're not like them.
>>
Be honest /v/. Do you want gaming autists or gaming casuals as friends?
>>
File: 1363717652174.gif (977KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
1363717652174.gif
977KB, 499x281px
>have friends
>used to play many games
>they're kind of normie but it works well enough with good bantz
>they discover mobas
>get into LoL
>2 years later
>they literally only play LoL
>they get angry when a game goes badly
>they get angry when a game goes well(?)
>"I'm done with this fucking piece of shit game" x10
>next day
>they play it again

could be worse anon, I can either join them and play a game I despise because of the impact it has had or I can continue to play games on my own. I just don't see the point in playing a game that seems to make you angry no matter what happens in it, how is that fun? I honestly think they play it because they don't know any better at this point
>>
File: 641.png (8KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
641.png
8KB, 128x128px
>>381659091
>do I invest time into something that gives no reward that I use entirely as an escape or into something that gives me a transferable skill?
>>
>>381660605
This honestly.
>>381659091
Don't you have games of your own to play anon? Or play to play with your friend.
>>
To some people they're like accessories, something you show off once or twice and put away. Conversation starters essentially. Like women and shoes.
>>
lolin at the people who have a holier than thou attitude on fuckin 4chan, neck ya self
>>
>>381663672
Autists.
>>
>>381663907
Go back.
>>
>>381660941
Some of my most fun games in League have been losses. The difference is whether I lost because I got outplayed, or if I lost because I played like shit.
>>
>>381662026
I want to be a kid again so I can invest in bitcoin in 2009.
>>
>>381662280
This. Or wait till you're middle age with little else to do in life.
>>
>>381663805
>watching netflix and MSN
>transferable skill
made me reply
>>
>>381665887
Sometimes they can be fun, but those nail biter games that arent throwfests are soooo rare, and you still lost, they would've been more fun if you won so it definitely detracts. As a kid I didnt give a shit about losing a call of duty game.
>>
>>381663749
the thing about league is that it starts off as the most fun shit you have ever played for a lot of people. There's a ton of cool characters, they all do their own cool shit, youre having fun playing a whole new genre, probably with some friends. You go in with the call of duty mindset of just mindless killing. But gradually as you learn the game, and BOY is there a lot to learn, games get harder, and you see teammates do stupid shit that you have learned not to do, but they haven't, since there is so much. Those teammates make the game less fun, but you remember how fun it once was, so you keep playing. The time spent learning weghs on your mind, so you keep playing.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.