[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth doing a non-lethal run throughout this game? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
Is it worth doing a non-lethal run throughout this game?
I'm at the bit where Gunther captures you. I've been doing non-lethal so far (except popping Anna in the head on the plane) and I'm happy enough to keep it up if it's worthwhile. I heard an interesting playthrough, where you're initially non-lethal against the NSF, and after you are kicked out of UNATCO you go lethal.
What are your thoughts? If I go lethal I'd probably stick with melee weapons, given that's the skill I've ranked up.
Also - is the 'rank 4 of melee weapons allows you to take down enemies in one hit' bullshit? It still takes me multiple hits with the batton when I don't hit the weak spot.
>>
>people who do "non-lethal" but don't ghost
Whats the point? Is semantic difference between killing and knocking videogame enemy out this important to you?
>>
>>381656649
You can ghost and kill people though, I don't know what 'ghost' has to do with my post.
I've been trying to not allow enemies to set off alarms, but it's not the end of the world if they do.
Non-lethal limits how you take out enemies and how easy it is to do so.
>>
What exactly do you mean by "if it's worthwhile"?
It's a linear RPG. You're generally supposed to play according to how you feel, both in terms of combat and who and how or if you engage potential combatants.
Context is everything. It's what make Deus Ex great. It's why the reboots are great, because there is always that potential for regret and replays.
>>
>>381656472
first playthrough? if so just play how you feel, DE is very replayable
>>
>>381656472
I wouldn't have liked to have gone non-lethal the first time I played Deus Ex, it's somewhat frustrating and you can't get up to as much whackiness.
>>
File: 1431117078131.jpg (275KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1431117078131.jpg
275KB, 1366x768px
>>381656472
>Is it worth doing a non-lethal run throughout this game?

No. This game is from a time where it was designed so you just did whatever you felt.

There's no 'play the entire game this exact way for le epic trophy'.
>>
>>381656472
You won't be able to nonlethal without intense quicksaving after enemies in powersuits are introduced since knocking them out is hard, and you will need to kill or knock them out
>>
File: 1464863455401.jpg (75KB, 671x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1464863455401.jpg
75KB, 671x1190px
>>381656472
>Is it worth sticking with the prod?
yes, you should also prod with the prod
>>
>>381656472
>Also - is the 'rank 4 of melee weapons allows you to take down enemies in one hit' bullshit? It still takes me multiple hits with the batton when I don't hit the weak spot.
No it's not BS, but think about it, no matter how proficient at melee you won't KO an NPC by hitting their legs with a baton. There's also sticking with the prod. Non-lethal is my preferred playstyle other than blowing up some bots. The Dragontooth will one hit anything.
>>381657576
It's a decent stealth game if you want to play that way, the placement and patrol routes of guards and NPCs and robots attest to that. First few playthroughs around release were non-lethal except for bosses, commandos and some MiBs. But yeah play like you want.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.