[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think its kinda retarded that people who defend Physical copies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1452118827167.gif (456KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1452118827167.gif
456KB, 420x315px
I think its kinda retarded that people who defend Physical copies of a game use the If Steam ever shuts down you lose all your games argument.

You do realize that in the far future when this may or may not happens.
All the games on steam can simply be downloaded like we download rooms right now.

And physical media is literally that Physical.
Its under the effects of moisture temperature force radiation.
It can get damaged and it can be lost.
And if it does get damaged you lost the game forever unless you buy copies.
I have 20 year old Discs that still work fine today.
But then again i have some that no longer work because one file of the installation is damaged.

Digital copies last as long as you have the files on your PC and as long as the service that provides them stays in business (steam does have offline mode so if you have the files of a game on your system and stem goes down you can still play the game).
>>
>typos
>reddit spacing
>>
>own physical games
>disc somehow damages
>download roms in future

but at this very moment, I own my game. regardless physical wins.
>>
wtf did I just read?
>>
If Steam goes down I'll just pirate those games

I already pirate physical games I own, because it downloads faster than finding the disc and installing it
>>
>>381655125
>You do realize that in the far future when this may or may not happens.
True. You never know when the sun may drop out of orbit and kill us all.
>>
>>381655195
>reddit spacing
wut
>>
>>381655195
>using paragraphs is reddit now
>>
>>381655125
Then explain games that were exclusive to XBLA and PSN that no one can ever play before.

What about games or demos like P.T. or Mega man legends 3 that devs don't want you playing anymore?
>>
>>381655693
This meme has been going around for ages now, just ignore it
>>
>>381655195
>>381655610
Its a reedit conspiracy.

I think its kinda retarded that people who defend Physical copies of a game use the If Steam ever shuts down you lose all your games argument. You do realize that in the far future when this may or may not happens. All the games on steam can simply be downloaded like we download rooms right now. And physical media is literally that Physical. Its under the effects of moisture temperature force radiation. It can get damaged and it can be lost. And if it does get damaged you lost the game forever unless you buy copies. I have 20 year old Discs that still work fine today. But then again i have some that no longer work because one file of the installation is damaged. Digital copies last as long as you have the files on your PC and as long as the service that provides them stays in business (steam does have offline mode so if you have the files of a game on your system and stem goes down you can still play the game).

the above is obviously better and easier to read.
>>
>>381655701
I am not aware any of those games had physical releases.
>>
>>381655796
>still reddit spacing
Its a reedit conspiracy. I think its kinda retarded that people who defend Physical copies of a game use the If Steam ever shuts down you lose all your games argument. You do realize that in the far future when this may or may not happens. All the games on steam can simply be downloaded like we download rooms right now. And physical media is literally that Physical. Its under the effects of moisture temperature force radiation. It can get damaged and it can be lost. And if it does get damaged you lost the game forever unless you buy copies. I have 20 year old Discs that still work fine today. But then again i have some that no longer work because one file of the installation is damaged. Digital copies last as long as you have the files on your PC and as long as the service that provides them stays in business (steam does have offline mode so if you have the files of a game on your system and stem goes down you can still play the game). the above is obviously better and easier to read. This is how you don't do reddit spacing.
>>
>>381655125
not only the newest blu-ray discs are extremely scratch and moisture resistant, but they last a lifetiime, 70-100 years up to 150 years.
anyway, the real problem here is DRM

piracy > physical > digital
>>
OP take valve's dick out of your mouth and stop shilling.
>>
>>381655125
If Valve's servers went down you would just start steam in offline mode. As long as you keep all your games backed up on physical media they can't take them away. At most you'd have to download a crack. It would probably take all of a day for someone to release a cracked Steam API DLL.
>>
>>381656182
Will your PS4 last a 100 years?
>>
Steam DRM is so easily cracked it may as well not exist.
>>
What
>>
>>381655125
you still own the physical copy. You own the downloaded copy insomuch as it's a licence you've pain the right to have on your system.
>>
File: hqdefault (6).jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>381656182
>but they last a lifetiime, 70-100 years up to 150 years.
Did they improve techniques with bluray? Because regular CDs already frequently experience data rot and it's only been a couple decades.
>>
>>381657042
Depends on the conditions you keep them in. Well kept ones last longer
>>
>>381656797
you technically own the same thing, be it physical or not.
difference is that it's harder to come to your house and remove your cds than it is to just erase your account
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.