[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a Vive /v/? In the steam summer sale you can get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
Should I get a Vive /v/? In the steam summer sale you can get it with a £50 steam voucher and Start Trek VR, seems like a good deal but how far away is the Vive 2? My plan was to just get a Vive 2 day of release but I could experience VR now! I just don't want to be stuck with outdated tech in Q1 2018 help me!!!!!!!
>>
if you're just going to flush your money, can i have it
>>
SteamVR is at least 2018 but it's probably best to wait until then and see how SteamVR turns out. Those new controllers it has looks nice.
>>
File: 1488732797436.jpg (28KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
1488732797436.jpg
28KB, 216x216px
>>381652297
VR is pretty cool, it's up to you what you do with your money OP, but there is one thing that needs to be pointed out:

A VR HMD is not the same sort of purchase or commodity as a regular monitor; you won't be using it all the time as compared to a monitor, it's something you might set up and use for short periods every now and then.
I think this might be the main reason for buyers remorse, so before you blow your money on the Vive, that's something to consider.

Also, in case you haven't tried one before, it's worth noting that the current VR HMDs are pretty low-resolution, it might look like a normal 1080p screen on paper but on your HMD the image will be VISIBLY pixelated and have a so-called screen door effect.
>>
>>381652945
I'm good for buying a £700 gimmick, I have a £300 steering wheel setup that will go great with VR, if I thought Vive 2 was a year away I'd get it because I intend to get that and sell this Vive if I get it
>>
>>381653053
Alright, in that case the second point still stands, also recommend looking into vorpX to play regular games on the Vive with headtracking and all, and Revive to play Rift-only stuff on the Vive.
>>
>>381652297
It is fun, and there's some cool stuff out there, but I don't use my Vive all that much really. Short sessions just a few times a week.
I don't regret my purchase, but it's not something you need at this point.
I can also recommend the Deluxe Audio Strap to improve comfort and convenience by a lot
>>
>>381652297
wait for the new controllers you dumbshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kovhtH3r9o0
>>
>>381653357
do the knuckles work with the vive? also how far off is this?
>>
>>381655075
Considering the way steamVR is an open environment, one would think they'd work and you'd be able to buy the controllers separately.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.