[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate Uncharted? I just started the Nathan Drake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

Why does /v/ hate Uncharted?

I just started the Nathan Drake Collection and they are fun games, nice action and good platforming.
>>
One, /v/ isn't one person.
Two, I like Uncharted as well. It's one of my favorite current gen franchises.
>>
Cinematic elements despite them not being a detriment to the game.
>>
>>381652148

Because /v/ doesn't play vidya. We complain about E3 and post hentai pics.
>>
>>381652148
>It's popular
>muh casual meme
>muh interactive movie meme
I personally liked them as well, at least the first 3. Haven't played 4. The thing is, it's nice to have on or few games like that, but it shouldn't really be the direction for other games to follow when it comes to gameplay.
>>
indiana jones but with an unsympathetic douchebag whose sense of humor and series' gameplay ages like milk as time passes

not to mention that the stories range from mediocre to plain bad
>>
>>381652148
What I don't like about 1 currently is that I can only carry two weapons and always have to pick ammo. Hope they change it
>>
>>381652326
4's ending ties up Nathan's story so nicely.
>>
Controller aiming, bulletspongy enemies, 30fps (thankfully fixed in the ND Collection, but they went back to 30 with U4), easy puzzles, half-assed stories (the devs have admitted they think up the set pieces first, then write a story around them).
>>
>>381652335

So, still Indiana Jones?

Also, bullshit. Great acting, nice easter eggs, phenomenal locations and graphics, local co-op in 3, good mp. And don't fucking offend Druckmann again on /v/.
>>
>>381652405
To be honest 30fps is fine for U4 considering how great it looks. I never got the complaint about sponge enemies, normal guys only take 3 pistol shots to kill on medium.
>>
>>381652453
here's your (you)
>>
>>381652148
>corridor shooter with bad platforming elements and "wait a minute that card"-tier puzzles
Pretty much this.

I've only played U1 and U2 but this really fits the description. Neogaf claiming these are 9/10 games isn't helping.
>>
Because /v/ is full of contrarian fags.
>>
>>381652565
But what's so bad about that? I mean I don't play Persona and then complain about shallow turn based combat and "muh teens muh bad adults" story.
>>
>>381652915
>what's so bad about being bland generic shooter with bad platforming and stupid puzzles
Really?

Seriously, there are like 1001 better games. You can still enjoy these games but they are still nothing special. Try playing Vanquish or even Gears of War 3 and then come back.
>>
File: Average Cinematic Shit.webm (3MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
Average Cinematic Shit.webm
3MB, 940x529px
>>381652148
>games
nice meme
>>
>>381653126

The combat has far greater depth than you'd first expect, which you'll only really discover at higher difficulties. 3 and 4 feature some of the best character interactions, voice acting, and direction ever seen in video games. Each part was visually far ahead of anything else at the time they came out on their platform. There's nothing remotely "bad" about them.
>>
The 4th was a disaster
>press x to win
>"open world"
>stupid story
Exemple : Why the fuck couldn't Nate use his grappling hook to get on too of the wall at the end ? That's pure bullshit
Overall, I think the game was just a $60 cinema ticket.
>>
>>381653542
>>>/neofag/
>>
>>381653542
It's alright man I love them myself it just isn't 20 years old and doesn't have an autistic monster fusion chart it's not for /v/.
>>
I don't hate Uncharted.

I just have an aggressive disinterest in it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnlDwEZkidI
>>
File: Uncharted_Drake's_Fortune.jpg (62KB, 258x324px) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted_Drake's_Fortune.jpg
62KB, 258x324px
>>381652148
why is the first one revered as the weakest?

U2 by the end becomes a shooting fest and U3 doesn't offer much novelty either.
>>
>>381652148
> 4 games
> only 1 decent boss fight

wew
>>
>half the game is generic cover shooting but you can do dodgerolls

>other half is climbing and "platforming" so braindead easy they make gone homo look fucking hardcore
>except in 4, there it's 30% gears of war but worse and 70% walking sim

It's basically a series for people who don't like video games and just want to press buttons and watch something awesome happen
>>
>>381652148
shit gameplay
>>
>>381655606
Uncharted 1 is not as good as the others only because it all takes place in the jungle
>>
>>381652148
because it's press x to awesome shit duh
>>
>>381656103
>30% gears of war
Ah yes, I remember going in and out of stealth in Gears of War and using my grapling hook to move swiftly across the battle area.
>>
/v/ loved Uncharted 2 when it was released.
>>
>>381652148
I was kinda hyped by Uncharted 4 and it bored me to death.
>>
>>381655778
I don't think running in circles shooting and blue barrels was decent.
>>
>>381656392
I wasn't hyped for 4 after 2 and 3, but I loved it. You're the problem here, it's a better game.
>>
>they will never make a multiplayer game as good and simple as Uncharted 2's MP
>>
File: ryona image.jpg (206KB, 946x946px) Image search: [Google]
ryona image.jpg
206KB, 946x946px
>>381656324
>Ah yes, I remember going in and out of stealth in Gears of War

It's literally the same babymode stealth that's in every other TPS, Gears of War probably has it too

>using my grapling hook to move swiftly across the battle area.

>gimmick you can't even use most of the time
>>
>>381653408
that's pretty misinformative. there was a bit of qte button presses, but the rest of the sword fighting segment was pretty brutal, especially on crushing.
>>
>>381655606
The controls are pretty stiff, the enemies are copypasted, there's no real antagonist and the worst: it's all jungle
>>
>>381653542
>The combat has far greater depth than you'd first expect
This is only true of 4, and only on the hardest difficulty. The enemy are constantly flanking or finding ways behind you.
>>
>>381655472
Man those guys look pretty jaded.
>>
>>381656690
>can't even use most of the time
Literally ever fight sequence has grappling points for you to jump around anon. Are you retarded or something? That's the dynamic of combat in 4, you stealth around a bit, you get into a fight, you use the hook to run away, you lose the pursuit, hide again, go into steath and the loop repeats. Are you really too dumb for Uncharted 4 combat? It's fun.
>>
>>381652148
Climbing sections are too linear and obvious due to highlighted ledges
Combat is unsatisfying due to mixture of regenerating health and enemies using hitscan weapons and the guns you have access to also feeling like pea-shooters
>>
>>381656995
>Climbing sections are too linear
Not in 4, climbing is pretty free form there, can go a lot of different paths. 4 fixes pretty much everything Uncharted was hated for, but the average retardo from /v/ still hates it because /v/ told him to hate it I guess
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.