[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ claims that gameplay is the most important part of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 395
Thread images: 69

>/v/ claims that gameplay is the most important part of the game
>hates a game with perfect gameplay
Explain
>>
The gameplay is anything but perfect. Goddamn the GMP system is terrible.
>>
>>381649240
>but i like it
Explain
>>
is MGS the worst open world game?
>>
Even in its unfinished state, it was still a much better game than any of the other Metal Gears.
>>
I'm unironically looking forward to metal gear survive
>>
>>381649278
>Goddamn the GMP system is terrible.
Invade a few base development FOBs and you can max out your GMP pretty easy. What are you complaining about?
>>
File: 1474940384613.jpg (14KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1474940384613.jpg
14KB, 250x235px
>>381649312
How is it bad? It serves its purpose well, it give you freedom in planning your infiltration route. MGS it's not a RPG.
>>
>>381649538
Very boring desu
>>
>killing army dudes over and over again in slightly different scenarios
>perfect gameplay
>>
Because MUUUH HEADCANON HYPE

No but seriously, TPP's story as embarrassing
>>
>>381649240
It was good until they started making me replay the missions. Really killed the flow of the game.
>>
File: Afghanistan.jpg (278KB, 580x773px) Image search: [Google]
Afghanistan.jpg
278KB, 580x773px
>>381649538
This.

Unironically MGSV has actually some of the better world maps. Afghanistan has like 14 locations, and Africa has about 10. The 'open world' aspect exists so instead of them being isolated locations like GZ, they can be combined together for various mission tasks that wouldn't be possible otherwise. The central base camp, OKB Zero, Lufwa valley, Nova Braga, Mfinda oil field, Aabe shifaap ruins are brilliant designed for what mgsv is: a free infiltration game, not an open world rpg.

Anyone complaining they're empty and barren has clearly never seen a picture of parts afghanistan or angola.
>>
>/v/ is one person
Delete your life you fucking retard
>>
>>381649240
>MGSV
>Perfect gameplay
There's more to Gameplay than mechanics. MGSV mechanics are great but the level design and mission structure is repetitive as fuck.
>>
File: 1472720267698.png (2MB, 800x810px) Image search: [Google]
1472720267698.png
2MB, 800x810px
>>381650637
How would you have improved the mission structure? You have missions where you have to destroy vehicles, communication devices, kill commanders, save prisoners, find intels and resorses. There's not much else you can do in those kind of games, it's not like the other MGS games where much diverse. I started to think /v/ just hates MGSV because it's the new "cool" thing to do, just like singing hosannas to MGS2.
>>
yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if /v/ considers beats the most important part of music
>>
Is level design generally considered a subcategory of gameplay or not? Because if it is, then MGS V has terrible gameplay.
>>
File: 34.png (428KB, 566x609px) Image search: [Google]
34.png
428KB, 566x609px
>>381649424
That whole aspect is even worse
>>
>>381651353
Care to elaborate, faggot?
If you don't like FOBs, there's no need to develop high rank stuffs and lower ranks are very easy to develop.
>>
>>381649240
Are you joking? The gameplay was pretty bad beyond moment to moment sneaking. The world and mission designs were just horrible, for example.
>>
File: 1485807748428.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
1485807748428.gif
3MB, 390x357px
>>381649240
>MGSV
>perfect gameplay
Aside from the controls, nothing about the gameplay was good.
>>
File: 33.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
>>381651589
You're just creating more problems here as we go along
>>
>>381651347
Of course it is, if gameplay is just how a game controls that would be ridiculous.
>>
>>381651347
It's 1/3rd of the gameplay. Along with what you can do and what your enemies can do, as far as action games and stealth games are concerned. If all 3 aren't good the game isn't worth playing because there are plenty of games where all 3 are good even as far back as the 80s.
>>
>>381651273
You could have actually building infiltration or levels with more depth like that go underground. Each camp in MGSV is the same. There's other things too like maybe on rail moment or a helicopter ride. Hell even silly ops from PW and GZ would have been nice. The biggest problem though is the lack bosses. That is really what makes MGSV gameplay feel kinda stale.
>>
>>381649240
>>killing army dudes over and over again in slightly different scenarios
You can say this about almost any fps.
>>
>>381651859
But FOB is great though. Amazing gameplay.
>>
>>381649424
Don't worry, most MGS shitters are here for the cutscenes and are actually pretty casual.
>>
>>381652449
>killing

kek
>>
>>381649918
>It's okay that the maps are mostly empty because that's how they are in real life

MGS3 was set in a jungle in FUCKING RUSSIA
>>
>>381652572
People who complain about the game being too easy also hate FOBs, one of the hardest contents in the whole series. Ironic, isn't it?
>>
>>381649240
Gameplay is everything part of the game you retarded little faggot
Story is highly related to gameplay cause it structures and leads the entire flow of the game
>>
>>381652871
>Story is highly related to gameplay

post discarded
>>
>>381652939
this
>>
>>381652734
and it was a bunch of linear hallways, your point?
>>
>>381652142
>There's other things too like maybe on rail moment or a helicopter ride.

You can do that in Phantom Pain though. There are several missions you can complete from the chopper.
>>
>>381652142
>Each camp in MGSV is the same
uhhhh no?
>>
>>381649240
>only two bosses
>perfect
>>
>>381652738
>there's nothing to do in the over world
>AUGH THERE'S TOO MANY SIDE OPS EVERYWHERE!!!
>>
>>381653186
Don't get how you can deny that, there's a few interesting outliers but you'll be in Guard Outpost #whatever for %99 of the game.
>>
Phantom Pain needed more enemy variety. All the enemies are the same height, same build, same ai, same couple of actions. Enemies needed more animations and scripted actions, we needed cowards and tanks, more interactions with eachother and the environment, more context sensitive actions for Snake's missions, more interiors with more diversity, and at least one or two more maps. Even if they smaller and only for a few missions, stuff like the prologue and the quarantine area.
>>
>>381649278
The most insane and baffling design decision in MGSV is having wait times to develop equipment. Why the fuck is that in the game? What does it add?
>>
>>381652734
Russia has a few rainforests. It's not just snow, you know?
>>
>>381653250
>you'll be in Guard Outpost #whatever for %99 of the game.

...no you wont, they just have a bunch of checkpoints set up, but they're easy to walk around
>>
>>381653342
Well there were snipers but they just made things tedious honestly. I always prioritised the missions to get rid of them.
>>
>>381653360
To artificially increase gameplay length and for the online items to get you to purchase MB coins
>>
>>381651273
> tfw MGSV could've featured a kawaii pure child Liquid instead of the raging near-autistic brat that was Eli
>>
>>381653398
Are you denying that there's more checkpoints than interesting hand-crafted locations?
Most of the game is spent sneaking around these areas or clearing them because you want to be a little less bored out of your fucking mind.
>>
>>381649538
Freedom of choice for entry is nice, but the map is designed so that theres only 1 way to wherever you need to go unless you want to take a roundabout route that would give you no tactical advantage for coming in that direction, in fact its actually disadventageous because you just wasted a bunch of time.

>>381649918
People complain about how there's nothing in between. There honestly arent enough sideops avaliable at one time to where you decide to stop and do it before going on the mainop. Theyre actually so out of the way that returning to ACC and flying over to the sideop is faster.
>>
>>381653546
>Are you denying that there's more checkpoints than interesting hand-crafted locations?
no

>Most of the game is spent sneaking around these areas or clearing them because you want to be a little less bored out of your fucking mind.
Sounds like you're just bad
>>
>perfect
Nah. AI was bad, always either too dumb to live or hyper aware. Game also needed more mission variety, more points of interest, and patrols. And there were some minor gameplay quirks that just felt bad, like how using the cigar fucking ruins your completion time.
>>
>>381653502
You really expected Liquid to be anything more than a little shit? This is the guy who tormented his brother Solid over "Muh recessive genes"
>>
File: 1498267482952.jpg (49KB, 525x361px) Image search: [Google]
1498267482952.jpg
49KB, 525x361px
>>381653625
>>
>>381649240
It has great mechanics but mediocre challenges to the player to use those mechanics.
>>
>mgsv the least mgs game in the series
>universally hated
>BOTW least zelda game in the series
>universally loved
>>
File: 1334132155342978.jpg (30KB, 450x240px) Image search: [Google]
1334132155342978.jpg
30KB, 450x240px
>>381649240
>plays on a console
higher apm allows for more depth you mongoloids
kb+m vs gamepad is the same as real-time vs turn-based
>>
>>381653502
One of the weakest elements of MGSV was the lack of strong and interesting characters. That's one of the defining elements of the series.
I think this is one of the major reasons that it just doesn't feel like a Metal Gear game.
>>
At this point I am certain MGSV was most of /v/s first and only MGS game.
>>
>>381649240
>terrible, boring, repetitive level design
>no challenge
>clunky controls
>tacked on strategy game mechanics that boils down to tedious fultoning soldiers and then auto-assigning them stations. no actual strategy, it's just busywork

Not anywhere close to perfect.
>>
File: 1496321070976.jpg (84KB, 570x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496321070976.jpg
84KB, 570x450px
>>381653502
I prefer Liquid this way honestly. Some people are born just to be asshole.
>>
>>381653728
Does Kojima even know what the fuck recessive genes are?
>>
Should MGSV be the last MG game?
>>
>>381653825
>muh headcanon
>>
>>381653186
They are from a design point. There also no real depth them. Take a shit game like AC unity. If there was one thing good in that game it was that each main assassination mission was vastly different in how you approach them. You could enter from underground and leave at ground level. With MGSV you have to mixed things up your self like on what buddy or items you want to use but the overall level structure is the same. You just decide whether you want to go from the right or the left of the camp. The Code Talker missions for the first time is far more excited than most of the levels because you have to go inside a place which changes the way you sneak through.(unfortunately it's sucked) Just because you have a lot of tools doesn't mean that most of the maps aren't the same on a technical level.
>>
>>381653502
that would have been fucking gay
>>
>>381653609
>Freedom of choice for entry is nice, but the map is designed so that theres only 1 way to wherever you need to go unless you want to take a roundabout route that would give you no tactical advantage for coming in that direction, in fact its actually disadventageous because you just wasted a bunch of time.
As I see it, this game is meant for you to mess around, who cares if you waste time, you just have to get the S rank one time then you can play as you want.
>>
>>381649240
Even if you discount the fact that the story is garbage, there are also serious balancing issues and glaring faults in the level design.

The bases have no semblance of structure or design whatsoever, and tranq gun + Fulton is the dominant strategy for everything.

Don't forget the fact that the open world itself is empty with no content except the outposts.
>>
File: fukboi.jpg (79KB, 559x461px) Image search: [Google]
fukboi.jpg
79KB, 559x461px
>>381649240

>Start the game
>holy shit that prologue its MGS for sure
>do some mission
>grind te secondary missions
>starting to be really boring
>HOLY SHIT SNIPER BOSS YES
>Kill her in litteraly two shots for a total duration of 30sec of battle because I grinded and unlocked a Sniper early
>Turn off that shit and never play it again

Fuck you Kojima, this is not a MGS game it's a fucking empty repetitive boring ass game.

Open world is slowly killing gaming.
>>
>>381653941
>clunky controls
spotted the idiot

the controls are brilliant
>>
>>381654071
What?
>>
>>381649240
>Hey I want a new engine for my next cinematic game
>that will be 80 million dollars plus 3 years of work
>Ok, but please make a good game

3 years later..
>the game is not completed, I want boob physics, animal protection at mother base, i want a new hollywood voice actor, I want to be around famous people and take selfies
>ok but please don't take it more than 2 years
>sorry I'll have to delay the game again
>ok but at least release a demo for it
>the demo is finished since 2014 and it's just a 10 minute introduction crap we made for E3 2013,the main game will only be completed in 2018
>fuck you, we'll release that demo for 40 bucks to recover some 5 years and 140 million dollars wasted
>>
>>381654121
>They are from a design point
no

>You just decide whether you want to go from the right or the left of the camp
Yeah, lets ignore that you can go in from any direction and you have a huge loadout to pick from.

>Assassins Creed
lol
>>
>>381654206
There are two things that probably could have been adjusted.

1. Running. Depending on the controller I'm using running is a tad difficult. On worn controllers it seems a bit easier but on new controllers I have to tap the stick a couple of times.

2. The fulton button being the same button as the interact button. I've been spotted/failed a mission so many times because I go to fulton, say, a turret and instead he mounts it. Or fulton a nuke and instead he climbs it.
>>
>>381654264
You sound like you know what you're talking about
>>
>>381654058
No. I honestly believe Kojima isn't that crucial and Konami could make a better Metal Gear will out him. Whether or not his retarded large fanbase would accept it is a different question.
>>
>>381649320
This, but
>>381653360
None of the other MG games had shit like this. Whenever I try to go back and play TPP I always install the "No development times" mod. Actually just about everything involving MB is shit and underdeveloped.
>>
>>381654482
You're not supposed to delete your save...
>>
>>381654121
Oh man, that mansion was one of the most disappointing things. When I first saw it, I thought that it was going to be a fucking awesome interior with a million ways to get in and out, with a nice big set piece to boot. Then it wound up being a shitter of a level that's cramped and boring as fuck.

Both airports were the same deal. Shit boring static levels. I thought that there would be troops entering and exiting all the time, from land and air, weird shit going on, tunnels and shit underneath, and lots of room for TECHNOLOGY. But nope.
>>
>>381654482
>None of the other MG games had shit like this.

Peace Walker did, cheater
>>
>>381654670

And it was shit too, your point?
>>
>>381654515
Why?
>>381654670
I didn't make it far enough in PW for it to annoy me. It was also much less of a hassle IIRC. Why is PW liked again?
>>
>>381654301
>Yeah, lets ignore that you can go in from any direction
>Like that means anything
MGSV fanboys everyone. Whether you go north, south, east or west it the same thing. It just various guards place in various places. There is no depth to the level design. If each map feels the same and you have to go out of your way to make them feel different, than that is poor level design, retard.
>>
>>381654206
They aren't, you're just easilly impressed by the animations.

Snake's turning radius is awful. So awful in fact that you can actually walk forward by quickly turning left and right. He also accelerates like a car and takes too long to respond to cover.

Compared to MGS2 and 3, where Snake turns on a dime and accelerates like a human being, it doesn't even hold a candle.
>>
File: openworld.jpg (113KB, 794x1123px) Image search: [Google]
openworld.jpg
113KB, 794x1123px
>perfect gameplay
>>
>>381652738
>Why are people upset that the only difficult part of the game is a online side missions.
>>
>>381654783
>it's just pressing buttons man lol

The depth comes from not just navigating around the base, but also while using your selected loadout to the fullest potential and scoping out where to go next and so on
>>
>>381654880
Some guy in this thread actually claimed that's okay because Afghanistan and Africa are boring as fuck in real life too.
>>
>>381654880
Not him but: The open world sucks, but the gameplay is good. Can you not differentiate between the actually gameplay (movement, shooting, climbing, sneaking, etc) and the game world (the levels/openness) you fucking retarded mongoloid cunt?
>>
>>381654907
Different guy but there's not much reason to take anything but a silenced rifle, a silenced sniper and the tranq gun. Maybe grenades to destroy enemy equipment.
>>
>>381654907
And where you go is the same in every map. See you keep talking about gameplay mechanics. I'm taking about FUCKING level design.
>>
>>381654880
Sorry linear games, I was wrong about you
>>
>>381654983
>well you see those things aren't gameplay when it's convenient to me
>>
>>381654983
>an you not differentiate between the actually gameplay (movement, shooting, climbing, sneaking, etc) and the game world (the levels/openness)
No?
>>
>it's a ppl conflate gameplay with controls episode
>>
>>381654990
>there's not much reason to take anything but a silenced rifle, a silenced sniper and the tranq gun

Sure there is
>>
>>381655046
Dude, each base has a unique layout outside of the outposts, I don't see your point.
>>
The mechanics are amazing. But there is such an astounding lack of effort everywhere else in the game.

You are encouraged to go back to mother base after every couple of missions and for what? To take a shower and slap your soldiers around. There is NOTHING to do and every part of mother base is miles apart so yoi have to drive with the worlds slowest jeep (driving mechanics are shit too btw). In an early mother vasd trailer, mother base was sprawling with different vehicles that you recover, and Ocelot was there doing finger guns at you.

The game encourages freedom in how you play. But for EVERY mission, you get a shitload of points for playing "perfect stealth, no kills". FUCKING WHY? I guess I'll just run around with my tranq gun for the rest of the game like an asshole.

Don't even get me started on the story. I honestly can't even imagine how it's possible to drop the ball so hard. The trailers promised an emotional, gritty revenge story where Big Boss finally becomes the villain we all know. But no, none of that fucking happens. Not even close. It's just a bunch of gay shit about vocal chord parasites. Which is the dumbest thing Kojimbles has ever come up with. Quiet was one of the things I disliked with the early trailers, but Kojima assured us that she had a reason for dressing up like a whore. But the reason turned out to be that she is photosynthetic.
Oh, like the end? Who was also running around in a bikini?
Quiet was just dumb fanservice and added nothing of value to the game.

Fuck this game. I tried to replay it without the high expectations I had the first time. But it is unredeemable shit which even chapter three couldn't feasibly solve.
>>
>>381655080
>>381655085
You literally must be retarded. Clinically, certifiably retarded.

Moving your character around, shooting the guns, choosing a loadout, sneaking around the bases, planning attacks, and all that other shit is the gameplay. The map itself is the level and design that facilitates the gameplay. The open world maps sucks ass because it is just a lot of empty open nothingness, but the villages and barracks and buildings and all that kind of shit is good. It's pretty well designed, lets you tackle it from any side you want, gives you options, etc. Which again, facilitates the gameplay.

Come on son, go back to 1st fucking grade.
>>
>>381655163
Not unless you're deliberately fucking around and not being as efficient as possible, which you have to because the base gameplay isn't very fun unless you make it so.
In fact, the only problem you can't solve with all those items is helicopters.
>>
File: 8f.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
8f.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
>>381654351
>>
>>381655252
>Not unless you're deliberately fucking around and not being as efficient as possible

Incorrect, git gud.

Also you've obviously never done FOBs
>>
>>381655248
Your condescending tone does nothing to help your position, level design is a direct part of gameplay. To pretend otherwise is just ridiculous.
It's like saying a platformer has good gameplay just because jumping feels nice or something.
>>
>>381655235
>But for EVERY mission, you get a shitload of points for playing "perfect stealth, no kills".
You get every mission with 2 minute cutscene shit "Made by Kojima, Director: Kojima, Writer and screenplay: Kojima".
Plus after each mission you have to meme the radio to pick you up and another 2 minutes of "Screenplay: Kojima, Directed by: Kojima"
>>
File: 1498196507706.jpg (18KB, 558x529px) Image search: [Google]
1498196507706.jpg
18KB, 558x529px
>shoot people from 70m away while standing upright because the enemies literally can not see further than 60m
>perfect gameplay
>>
>>381654983
Those are the mechanics.

Gameplay is an made up of a variety of elements including mechanics, level design, enemy AI, etc.

If every level in Super Mario Bros 3 was just a flat plane with no obstacles or enemies, then the gameplay would be bad no matter how good Mario's jump felt.
>>
>>381655248
nigga you're just talking about controls
>>
>>381655235
You can s-rank missions pretty much with any play style if you learn to do it well and that's great.

People always whine about not enough scripted headcanon, but fail to realize just how eminently replayable the game is, which wouldn't be as true if with canned events and smaller areas
>>
>>381655386
>what is any metal gear

>>381655491
And you're just talking about story
>>
>>381655347
>mission is supposed to be a surprise with something that comes out of nowhere
>STARRING: THE MAN ON FIRE AND SKULLS

who the fuck though it was a good idea?
>>
The thing that pissed me off was that out of nowhere, I get punished for killing to many people and/or destroying too many vehicles by not being able to wash the blood off myself in the shower. Like... fucking really?? I mean, I could understand if bloody fatigues was something unlockable that I could switch on and off, but I don't want to be walking around like a bloody mess all the time WTF Kojima...
>>
File: 1495080365292.jpg (28KB, 350x349px) Image search: [Google]
1495080365292.jpg
28KB, 350x349px
>>381655312
>git gud
If I can beat pretty much every mission with a basic loadout, wouldn't that make you the shitter if you need to bring a million superfluous items?
Pretty shaky logic right there.
>>
>>381655576
I don't get it
>>
>>381655347
I still wonder if that was a Kojima giving a fuck you to Konami. I wonder how long the writing was on the walls in terms of his departure.
>>
File: time.jpg (216KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
216KB, 1344x756px
>>381655507
forgot pic

>>381655593
That's the point. You can play as another soldier or start grinding angel pts
>>
>>381655576
>a level is a story
nigger what
>>
>>381655632
>superfluous
That's where your wrong, but okay.
>>
>>381655507
You can. But the game actively punishes you for it.
You might be able to pull it off by rushing the objective guns blazing, but everything you do during that time negatively impacts your score.
>>
File: every single mission.jpg (81KB, 886x1372px) Image search: [Google]
every single mission.jpg
81KB, 886x1372px
>>381655585
I stopped playing MGSV at mission 17 (I believe it was 17) where you had to destroy a tank in the airport but it was moving so you had to destroy while moving
I spent 20 minutes waiting and nothing
Then I tried again, 20 minutes at another post stop and nothing
Then I decided to watch a video and you simply invade the airport and destroy the truck there

Stupid mission, it shows the game was unfinished
Plus I got tired of every single mission wait 2~3 minutes for credits, helicopter arriving at mother base, departing, etc
>>
>>381652734
MGS3 was literally a bunch of hallways, samey looking buildings, and trees, and like one desert/cave area.

Doesn't make it any less amazing.
>>
>>381655736
You haven't had much to say when your points are pressed.
>>
>>381654264
Muh forced 'red pill' thread died so let's contaminate another
>>
>>381655750
again, see >>381655662
>>
>>381649240
>implying

Also "most" does not equate to "only" you baiting mouthbreather.
>>
>>381655763
>the truck doesn't pop from nothingness
the game has a LOT of flaws, to the point I consider it's a bad game, but come on man, how is that bad?
>>
>>381655819
>people are supposed to thank Kojima for wasting 3 years and 100 million dollars in a engine that is used for Pro Evolution Soccer and Unfinished Metal Gear V
>>
>>381655804
What else do you want me to say when all you're arguing is that tranq loadout is OP.

It's not
>>
>>381649240
>Perfect gameplay
>Shitty console shooting
>Run/hide because you can't fight
>Shitty unskipable shock value cutscene
>Shitty console shooting
>>
>>381655576
>what is any metal gear
>>
>>381655907
lul yup

>>381655905
>>Run/hide because you can't fight
Would it have been better if they just threw more game over screens at you instead?
>>
>>381655860
You didn't play the game did you? The truck sometimes don't appear after 20 or 22 minutes
If you speed up time and don't stop at the exact time the truck is passing by you failed the mission

If you use a car it will trigger guards and they will kill you

If you try to set up your horse in the middle of the road the guards will kill you

So you have no other option other than invade the airport and destroy it there. But the entire mission is based on the concept you should destroy it while it's moving
>>
>>381655252
'Wtf the fuck is up with the level design/gameplay in MGS3? Look at Bolshaya Past Base or Groznyj Grad. I can just run past straight to the objective, why's there all this useless shit that I don't have to touch if au want to do things to the optimum. There's no need for anything other than a tranq gun.'
>>
File: 1498003044268.jpg (137KB, 1024x965px) Image search: [Google]
1498003044268.jpg
137KB, 1024x965px
>>381655979
>lul yup
fag
>>
>>381655763
I dropped it at the mission where you have to rescue the kids.

I was paid to kill them, so why do I have no choice but to rescue them? That shit was the icing on the cake.

Also due anyone else find it annoying that you have to call in a supply drop if you want to replay missions? Did they never consider that some people would want to replay the same mission twice in a row?
>>
>perfect gameplay
>stealth game with a nonexistent sound propagation engine
Even mgs1 handled sound better than this piece of shit
>>
File: 1476472969650.jpg (49KB, 750x727px) Image search: [Google]
1476472969650.jpg
49KB, 750x727px
>>381655979
yeah get some more jabs in there instead of making a meaningful argument
>>
>>381656070
Are you implying MGS1 guards had far eyesight?
>>
>>381655903
I didn't say that, I said that a basic loadout of the tranq pistol, a rifle, a sniper and explosives is all you need. Emphasis on need.
The fight with that big gundam might require other shit and that's literally the only time I can think of in the game.
>>
>>381656096
It's the same shit dude. Yeah you can run away to avoid getting killed, but you aren't doing anything other than retreating. Also good luck running away on FOB...

>>381656170
What's your point? Just because it's usually clearable with that doesn't mean it's the only loadout you should use, or that there's no point in bringing anything else.
>>
>>381656073
I hate the save the kids meme but the worse part of that mission was finding the soldiers and killing them because they were in really bad places where stealth wasn't an option

Plus after you rescue the kids you have to spend another 20 minutes walking them through the jungle
It's just stupid, the game is a mess, the fact the industry gave 10/10 shows they are corrupt and useless journalists
>>
>>381656231
>the fact the industry gave 10/10 shows they are corrupt and useless journalists

calm down there bud lol this isn't DA2 we're talking about.
>>
File: P9GOVYx.jpg (711KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
P9GOVYx.jpg
711KB, 1080x1080px
>>381655662
>That's the point.
Really? I never saw the appeal of playing as any other soldier since they all had shittier stats than Snake. Have I been playing the game differently than intended? Should I have been using my grunts to clear the bullshit missions and accrue the bad-guy pts? Or do they level up from use as well?
>>
>>381656291
how can someone think MGSV is 10/10?
Lack story, lack gameplay and even if you combined with GZ demo it doesn't make a 6/10 mess
Perhaps people liked the pet simulator and ''dude I'm a bloody war there is no innocent here xD"
>>
File: Snake-eater.jpg (50KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Snake-eater.jpg
50KB, 600x360px
>>381655223
>each base has a unique layout outside of the outposts,
It doesn't. There is no uniqueness. There are not really any camps in there that have things that another one doesn't that makes you have to play them different or use other means for infiltrating and exiting them and it's up to the player to compensate for that level design by the equipment they use. they're the same and only giving people like you an false sense of variety.
>>
>>381656305
No Demon Points only affect snake, and still accumulate while you're playing as someone else. BUT soldiers gain exp doing missions and at high rank bring special skills to FOB like auto camera detection. They don't have sneks arm, but demon modo kills your camo index, so
>>
>>381656129
They didn't but it was also played from a different perspective and it wasn't open world besides just because people in MGS have always had bad vision that does not make it not bad when this carries over so sequels.
>>
File: 1496075399013.jpg (20KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
1496075399013.jpg
20KB, 379x364px
>>381649240
is that why everyone here loves JRPGs with snooze-tier gameplay and visual novels?
>>
>>381656223
Point being that you have to force yourself to use the fun items because the most efficient way to play the game is quite dull.
There's no need to bring anything else, the game is incredibly easy even with the most basic items.
>>
File: 01b[1].png (30KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
01b[1].png
30KB, 640x400px
>>381656375
>lack gameplay

>>381656445
Pretty sure each base is handcrafted lol
>>
>>381656553
but you haven't said why tranq is most efficient. Most efficient with a certain playstyle, for sure, but again here's an S rank where I went all out with DMG and rockets and shit >>381655662
>>
The date of release is near and the game is not complete, what should we do Kojima?
>Let's build a giant mother base, add animal rescue, expand mother base meme missions and soldier simulator and remove a quick mission menu so gamers will spend 10 minutes listening to tapes at the helicopter . Also I want unique mother bases because that's more important than game content
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 364x254px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 364x254px
>tfw MGS4 had a genuinely revolutionary and well executed faction system in it's first 2 acts
>tfw this system doesn't return for MGSV

Imagine a system like that with branching story paths. Why did Kojima never think of this?
>>
>>381649240
i dont hate it

go back and play the main story missions on OSP only (naked snake), no fancy equipment. it's fucking godlike.
>>
>>381656705
Dude, the helicopter mechanics were perfect. Just take D-Horse if you're that bad at getting around
>>
>>381656721
>'faction system'

Not outside a few relatively tight and scripted areas
>>
File: kaz-happy2.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
kaz-happy2.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>381656705
Kojima is a hack.But only because of the parts on the game he focuses on. I would love for Konami to make another MGS and just BTFO Kojima and his fanboys so hard.
>>
>>381656705
>imaginary belief mother base development happened late and is not a naturally progression from PW
>clearly hasn't played the FOB missions
>>
>>381656721
MGS4 sure had a lot of interesting gameplay ideas. Shame there's no gameplay in the actual game tho :(
>>
>>381656935
the sad truth is that Kojewma was working in Death Stranding since 2012/2013 after Fox Engine was finished
Metal Gear V was his fuck you to Konami.
80 million dollars wasted
>>
File: Old-Snake-meryl-0.gif (1MB, 380x244px) Image search: [Google]
Old-Snake-meryl-0.gif
1MB, 380x244px
>>381656721
MGS4 would be better than MGSV by a lot if all the acts played like the first 2.
>>
>>381657010
sure :)
>>
>>381656963
>let's spend 8 months building mother base and meme missions for it
>3 more months for voice recording between soldiers and animal rescuing
GENIUS
>>
>>381656568
Hand crafted is a buzzword. It doesn't mean anything if people just haphazardly copy paste assets.
>>
>>381657083
But they're still unique from each other.
>>
>>381657009
>introduced the "play dead" mechanic in 4
>somewhat useful when your buddies die while waiting for the enemy to pass you

>mgs5
>the whole intro scene has a 20 seconds build with the dude voiced by kiefer (what were they thinking) telling you to play dead
>press Y because it's the triangle
>nothing happens
>snake is looking the enemy soldiers straight in the eyes

it was a giant flag
>>
File: xnMYCJz.jpg (310KB, 1440x1637px) Image search: [Google]
xnMYCJz.jpg
310KB, 1440x1637px
>>381656481
Thanks for filling me in on this. I'm playing a cracked version, so no FOBs, but leveling up my troops to boost productivity couldn't hurt. I guess I'll just have to get used to non-lethal play for a while if I want Snake back to normal.

Shit man, if I wanted to play Fable with guns I'd play Fable III, y'know?
>>
>>381656721
> No faction system (MGS4)
> No enemy soldier fear mechanic (MGS3 & MGS4)
> No influencing the world by blowing up ammo storages etc (MGS3)
> No decent cammo index (MGS3 & MGS4)
> No weird weapons like the patriot or the doll (MGS3 & MGS4)
> No poisoning the enemy by dropping rancid food (MGS3)
> No environmental hazards by shooting beahives or throwing snakes (MGS3)

I could go on and on.
>>
File: 1271117495621.jpg (9KB, 350x268px) Image search: [Google]
1271117495621.jpg
9KB, 350x268px
>>381657138
>muh cutscenes

>>381657268
>camo index is now hidden
>this means it isn't decent now for some reason

lol kys
>>
File: scbl_ss5_.jpg (695KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scbl_ss5_.jpg
695KB, 1920x1080px
>Poor mans Splinter Cell Blacklist
>Perfect gameplay
Just play the real deal. It's a far better stealth game.
>>
>>381657403
>ubishit

lol
>>
>>381657403
>mfw this isn't even wrong

God it hurts.
>>
>>381657378
At least give an indication.
>>
>>381656305
Kate is too pure for this board. pls delete
>>
>>381649240
>perfect gameplay

The AI is braindead tho.
>>
File: WZk1k6I.jpg (180KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
WZk1k6I.jpg
180KB, 1152x2048px
>>381657597
It's called hiding in grass and shade in colors similar to your sourrounding environment.

The game has an excellent lighting system, if you look concealed, then chances are the engine thinks you are too.
>>
>>381657067
>saying the words 'meme missions' over and over despite making zero sense
>imagining every single person at work on the game downed tools for a year to record some lines of dialogue and add Fultoning animals
>>
File: 1497121931962.png (49KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497121931962.png
49KB, 230x300px
>>381655252
>not being as efficient as possible
Why does the MOBA generation need everything to be "efficient" and "competitive"?
>>
>>381657863
>Kojima didn't spend at least 8 months developing shit mother base and its expansions plus meme missions with recorded dialog
>>
How do I know when Quiet's relationship is maxed? I'm playing MGSV now and she currently has 10 diamond dog emblems on her. Is that enough or do I have to do more?
>>
>>381649240
The only thing bad about MGSV was the like of a real hype ending like 1 2 3 and 4 have. Which all end in a one on one duel with something RIDICULOUS in the background. Like being ontop of a destroyed mech with your waifu strapped to a ticking time bomb, or being in a field killing your mentor with your fists right after she just nuked everything you ever saw in the game.
>>
>>381658197
You're totally right, but at the same time there's something somber about the way V ends that I kind of like too.
>>
>>381657403
I'm thinking of actually replaying this since it's been a while.
>>
File: diamond dogs..jpg (59KB, 1152x652px) Image search: [Google]
diamond dogs..jpg
59KB, 1152x652px
>>381649240
>perfect gameplay
>magnetic field context sensitivity controls are perfect gameplay
The gameplay mechanics are shit both in ground zeroes and V, they didnt evolved from 4, they were watered down.
>>
>>381658308
Still waiting for the DLC where you bare-knuckle fight the real Big Boss as Venom on a floating piece of wreckage of the Diamond Dog platform.
>>
>>381654880
So much this
>>
File: Kojima-hideo-metal-gear.jpg (152KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kojima-hideo-metal-gear.jpg
152KB, 700x500px
Kojima, please fix your 8 hour cutscene
>delivers 8 hour of audio recording with annoying simulated old phone filter
>>
>>381649240
/v/ loves MGSV but understands it's not finished
>>
File: MGS4-Old-Dying-Snake-Briefing.jpg (40KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4-Old-Dying-Snake-Briefing.jpg
40KB, 600x369px
>>381654880
MGS4 had the right Idea.
MGSV should have just been big maps that go into Linear levels that go back into large areas. Kojima and his boner for the west really fucked this series.
>>
>>381649240
The gameplay is the thing holding games back, keeping them primitive murder simulators and preventing them from becoming mainstream culture. The "game" term is misleading anyway since video "games" are just outshoot of movies with potential for greater involvement. If you want gameplay, get a handheld tetris or something.
>>
>>381649240
>>/v/ claims that gameplay is the most important part of the game
No. They claim review scores, sales, and graphics are the most important part of the game.
>>
Except that the level design is trash, enemy variety is non-existent, the AI is braindead, the stealth is broken and the base-building is obnoxious grinding. Gameplay is more than just the basic combat mechanics.

So no, the gameplay is not perfect, and I'd hesitate to even call it good.
>>
>>381657953
The worst part is they just look everything online and then complain there's no challenge/no diversity/no whatever. Like bitch, in what metal gear game could you not just run to objectives tranquilizing anyone who looks your way? Gameplay-wise V lacks bosses, that's it.
>>
File: 1491051292920.jpg (20KB, 243x182px) Image search: [Google]
1491051292920.jpg
20KB, 243x182px
>>381659494
>The gameplay is the thing holding games back
>>
>>381659302
No, not really. MGS4 was just as bad, it just went to the other end of the spectrum.

Metal Gear's strength has always been the open-ended level design that promoted exploration while still being contained in a confined and controlled space. The tension of gameplay came from having to remain undetected while you explored and tried to figure out where to go. The risk of trying to get into a door was more than just the guards outside of it. You didn't know what was inside. It could be nothing. It could be more guards. It could be a new weapon. It could be the way forward. MGS4's linearity ruins this, as you always know exactly where you're going.
>>
>>381660147
The entire history of video games since atari days is getting rid of game play and increasing ratio of professional narrative tellers in development team.
>>
File: 1230894.png (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1230894.png
35KB, 700x700px
>>381660647
lol read a book.
>>
>>381658176
Each emblem is 10 and the maximum is 100. If you don't want to lose her equip the butterfly emblem, you acquire it by doing like 3 missions in a row where she does more work than you (shoots more people than you). You can just do the early mission where you have to eliminate the spetsnaz commander, wait until he comes out and have Quiet shoot him.
>>
>>381658549
Why would that even happen? If anything we'd fight Solid in Outer Heaven, have the series come full circle.
>>
>>381658810
I love the idea of minimal plot with details in optional means and I like when games do it.
>>
>>381652871
this
>>
>>381660895
Book on making games no one will bother with in 2017? Also the only good part of Doom aka Ep1 only happened due to Tom Hall input for original concept.
>>
File: Boe.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Boe.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>381661179
>the only good part of Doom aka Ep1
>>
>>381660895
Well, porn and games work better with a setting/scenario that gives context to their actions/gameplay, rather than some telltale/last of us 'narrative' experience.
>>
>>381655235
you can "shower" in mission select by selecting a different costume then going back to whatever you were in. i literally never went to motherbase except for sideops/paz events

desu my biggest gripe with the game is you cannot go in doing a naked mission except for the missions that are specially made that way. you always have to go in with at list a primary hip weapon and some sort of handgun. seriously upsetting.
>>
File: mgsvgz.jpg (1MB, 3360x2100px) Image search: [Google]
mgsvgz.jpg
1MB, 3360x2100px
>>381649240
The MECHANICS are perfect. The game design is EXTREMELY misguided.

For example, nobody hates Ground Zeroes. That was a MGS game reaching gameplay nirvana. MGSV was a perversion of that via the open world meme.
>>
File: 1492642852942.jpg (132KB, 1000x842px) Image search: [Google]
1492642852942.jpg
132KB, 1000x842px
>>381661271
er, I agree???
>>
>>381661354
nah
>>
>>381653247
That's a strawman and you know it. People complain how the world is uninteresting and empty, with at best kilometers of generic plains, then a shack, then a kilometer of plains, then a base.
Having 500 copypasted side missions that take place in the same outposts doesn't make the world more interesting
>>
File: whoahoahs internally.jpg (88KB, 544x626px) Image search: [Google]
whoahoahs internally.jpg
88KB, 544x626px
>>381649240
I really liked MGSV until the end of first chapter. Then it starts repeating missions just for filler, you need to wait an hour to make a fucking gun and the only interesting story beats either end up nowhere or are told through tapes.
Maybe it's my mistake for not really playing it for the multilayer, but c'mon, that should be the icing on the cake, not the substance.
>>
Feels good to have an MGS thread without caramelcuck pissing everyone off. Sweet sweet victory
>>
>>381649918
>Well it's realistic that the map is empty and boring
Literally not an argument.
Instead of 7/10 or 8/10 places to infiltrate, we could have had 9 or 10/10 places if the devs didn't pool all their resources into creating an engine that supports these boring open worlds, but used the resources on tight, closed maps instead
>>
>>381661629
>with at best kilometers of generic plains, then a shack, then a kilometer of plains, then a base.
There's nothing wrong with that though, and the missions are, again, balanced to take advantage of different slices of the varied open world geometry while also accomidating to that wide selection of loadouts
>>
>>381649240
The people who love gameplay love this game.
The mgs fans who wanted another mgs game with another wacky, dumb story hate it.
>>
File: 600px-MGS4SpringerOp-2.jpg (40KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
600px-MGS4SpringerOp-2.jpg
40KB, 600x335px
>>381661354
>Big Boss last game was a fucking demo
>That demo was better than all of TPP
>>
>>381658308
there's nothing somber about a horrible qte metal gear fight followed by the game abruptly ending after making you replay the intro
>>
>>381661993
you just didn't get it
>>
>>381661354
GZ still turns into a tranq everyone in the head fest though, like in MGS2 and TPP. Sure you can do something else, but its always gonna devolve into tranqing heads that.
>>
>>381662037
there's nothing to get, there's no story to ponder over
>>
>>381661792
>There's nothing wrong with that
When you used your resources on that, instead of fantastic bases to infiltrate, yes there is.
There's like 1 or 2 well made locations in 5, like 3-4 decent ones and about 50 generic, boring ones. And the freedom means everything is if not random, atleast much more dynamic, which would often be a good thing, but in an MGS game it destroys one of the most important aspects of the game. The base is no longer a puzzle with exact enemy placements and patrols, it's just
>oh, there's a guy
>sleep him
>fulton him out if hes one the way
>oh I see another guy, sleep him too
Until you either clear the whole area or you finally alerted someone, which is an achievement in itself, so you easily kill everyone instead
>>
>>381649240
>too many shitty filler story missions
>reuses area from actual story missions and puts shitty filler missions in the same area
oh boy I love doing from point A to point B for the nth time doing the same shit over and over again
This is Ubisoft tier shit
>>
>>381662178
The bases were fun to infiltrate though.

>fultoning people for no reason
what a waste, learn how to play the game.
>>
>>381662362
Except unlike ubishit, V has good gameplay.
>>
>>381662428
that's pretty much this entire thread summed up
MGSV has great gameplay but the mission/level design is horse shit and results in doing the same shit over and over again
>>
>>381649312
That would be Mass Effect Andromeda.
>>
>>381662537
>doing the same shit over and over again

no, the multitude of choice you have is one of the reasons the gameplay is so good.
>>
>>381662428
>>381662537
Mechanics are different than gameplay. The mechanics (controls, sneaking, etc) are among the best. Gameplay (Mechanics put into practice) was very repetitive.
>>
>>381662712
>Gameplay was repetitive
nah
>>
>>381662689
>You can eat shit with either a fork, a spoon, a knife, or even your bare hands!
I like MGSV, but making it open world was a mistake.
>>
>>381655662
>using fucking reflex
>>
>>381662370
>Not fultoning everyone for a male kikono harem
>>
File: 1464717693300.jpg (298KB, 996x851px) Image search: [Google]
1464717693300.jpg
298KB, 996x851px
>>381661752
>bringing Caramel up in a non-ruse cruise thread
Be honest, you can't live without him, you hypocritical homo.
>>
>>381662749
>prisoner extraction 53
Yah
>>
>>381662836
It's harder to get the No Reflex bonus that way.
>>
>>381663000
All of the Side Ops take place in different areas and make some good use of the terrain. And again, you have people bitching that there's nothing to do inbetween bases, but that's where a lot of the Side-Ops are.
>>
File: 1471976596738.png (161KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1471976596738.png
161KB, 557x605px
>>381662712
It was repetitive only if you let it be. Use the shitload of toys the game lend you, don't just use that boring tranq sniper rifle.
>>
>>381662816
Just wasted dev time desu. They didn't utilize the open world, they didn't utilize MB, and other things likely got cut because they were working on these instead. The game was pretty good, but nowhere near what it could or should have been and it didn't feel much like Metal Gear to me.
>>
>>381662749
>>381663269
>>381662689
basically what >>381653941 said
>tacked on strategy game mechanics that boils down to tedious fultoning soldiers and then auto-assigning them stations. no actual strategy, it's just busywork
MGSV is shit
>>
>>381654934
I mean, they're pretty boring places, unless you think blowing up washing machines with grenades is quality entertainment. Actually kinda mad shit like that isn't in TPP. That's that real desert warfare, brushing your teeth and making sure your dick is still cool.
>>
>>381662928
sup caramel
>>
>>381663184
I guess that's part of my beef. I found the majority of the two maps boring. Afghanistan is a sandlot wasteland. Africa was a flat grassland. Afghanistan should have had a lot more places like the ruins where you fight Quiet and Africa should have been MUCH more jungle. Like what the hell? Add to that the fact that there are only about 10 different side ops, and it gets old fast.
>>
>>381663421
If you want challenges play FOBs, scrub.
>tedious fultoning
>singleplayer
Who cares about some filthy As and Ss, just kill them if that's your thing.
>>
>>381663269
I really wish there had been more non-lethal toys though. The only thing you had were various tranq/stun rifles, sleeping gas mines, those puppets and the rocket arm.
>>
File: 1496710239890.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1496710239890.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>381663538
>that 10'000px collage sperg who thinks everyone is caramel
You are legit paranoid, seek help.
>>
File: 1498265067679.jpg (13KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1498265067679.jpg
13KB, 208x199px
>when you're getting your infiltration on and the fucking truck with the two guys spawns right behind you
>>
>>381652734
Actually it was a jungle in the USSR. There's a big difference, brainlet
>>
>>381651273
Every mission objective is literally "fulton le prisoner snake!"
>>
>>381663767
this guy gets it. SP fulton is for materiel so you can keep your PF rating up. By the end of the game your most stable source of recruits are from online side-ops and you should only fulton the occasional high rank you come across.
>>
>>381651273
>it's the new "cool" thing to do, just like singing hosannas to MGS2
>2017
>he thinks mgs2 being praised is a recent fad
SUMMER
>>
>>381664202
Not literally every mission and they all take place in different areas of the map. Who cares if the flavor text is the same, it's all about the gameplay here which V brings in spades.
>>
>>381664202
One thing that would have really helped is making 20-30 individual GZ-sized maps instead of two yuge fairly boring maps.
>>
File: 09234409234.png (200KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
09234409234.png
200KB, 500x376px
>>381664113
>When you aren't really feeling up to doing any work and climb into the back of a truck and have the guys drive you to the base you need, shoot a guy, then have the guys drive you out none the wiser.
>>
>>381664457
he's right tho
>>
File: 1469028029318.png (111KB, 680x614px) Image search: [Google]
1469028029318.png
111KB, 680x614px
>>381664202
Actually, very few mission ask you to fulton someone. Most of the time Miller tell you to kill the target, but you choose to fultom him and then go on a videogaem board on a chinese cartoon image site and complain for 2 whole fucking years about said game.
>>
>>381653214
You fight the skull unit like 4 times, that's 16 bosses plus quiet, volgin, eli and st-84. Literally more bosses than any other metal gear game
>>
>>381653965
>Kojima: I, I mean Liquid was only pretending to be retarded
>>
File: 1463187380690.jpg (58KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1463187380690.jpg
58KB, 600x450px
>>381664457
People hated MGS2 back then, faggot. And in that post, 2017 is never mentioned as the year people started praising it.
>SUMMER
>>
>>381654367
The best Metal Gear had no involvement from Kojima
>>
>>381654185
Konami is one of the major problems.
>>
>>381664457
>not knowing about the MGS2 outrage
You are proving him right, you are probably one of the faggots that joined the "MGS2 is the best MGS" bandwagon years later its release.
>>
>>381662928
I'm counting the days until he comes back anon.
>>
>>381661907
>he thinks you were playing as big boss in ground zeroes
>>
>>381649240
It's far from perfect. What MGSV has is great controls, Snake feels great to play, sneaking around and shooting and what not, it's all silky smooth and satisfying. The problem is everything else. Level design most of all perhaps, considering it is a fucking stealth game, intricate level design should've been a top priority. This is why Ground Zeroes is basically a better game than TPP is.
>>
>>381664731
>actually you are wrong, every mission objective is "kill le bad guy snake"
woah, so this is variety
>>
Great game, but:

>Poor weapon/resource balance i.e. tranq and Fulton are too good and abundant
>Not enough incentive to scavenge field of battle
>Disappointing lack of field NPCs (I know it's a "war zone")
>Scatterbrained story (e.g Kojimbo's completely stupid, random, wankjob horror intro)
>>
>>381665229
>he's too young to remember mgs2's release
>here are those negative reviews it got about how much of a flop it was
https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty/1900-2824273/

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2001/11/17/metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty
>>
>>381666864
>tranq and Fulton are too good and abundant
lol no
>>
File: 1411240435209.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1411240435209.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
>>381666854
>mercenaries doing mercenaries' things
wew what were you expecting? to distribute candies in afganistan?
>>
>>381666294
>mgs2 outrage
>12 year olds screaming "raiden is a fag i wanna play as snake"
ok
>>
>>381649240

>perfect gameplay
>literally all you do is run around and either shoot in the head or tranq in the head and fulton
>>
>>381667212
>he thinks mercenaries are assassins
something other than the same mission objective 50 times :)
>>
>>381667235
Everyone thought it was shit until that epin essay
>>
>>381667149
I'm not even talking about the reviews, I never cared about what videogame "journalists" thinks.
The fanbase was pretty pissed.
>>
>>381667159
>lol no
yes they are. even just playing with hold-ups only, the game is fairly easy.
>>
>>381667569
not really.

Tranq's have no penetration and Fultons are better spent on tanks or MGs, learn to play the game perhaps.
>>
>infinite ammo and weapons available to you at all times
>60% of the time is spent in the helicopter
>motherbase is a waste of disc space
>mobile game time walls
>empty maps with shit ai
>the worst bosses in metal gear history
controls alone don't equal gameplay
>>
>>381667692
>can't even headshot people with the tranq
>learn how to play the game sweetie :)
>>
File: 1471490013214.gif (2MB, 499x255px) Image search: [Google]
1471490013214.gif
2MB, 499x255px
>>381667335
You also recorver intel, vehicle, prisoner, destory support devices, a metal gear, fight a lewd sniper and a little brat. What else were you expecting, faggot?
>>
>>381667692
>>381667692
That one two punch is definitely good enough for the SP.

For FOBs, I guess you also need the stun shotgun and acetaminophen or whatever the x-ray drug is called.
>>
>>381657801
Where did you find this, its super handy, even after 1200+ hours.
>>
File: image-1.gif (2MB, 281x286px) Image search: [Google]
image-1.gif
2MB, 281x286px
>perfect gameplay
This is wrong, what you're thinking of is the controls. Which while they are quite good, the gameplay itself is boring and no matter how much you try to spice things up, it always ends up feeling the same.

One of my biggest gripes with this game was all the filler missions and how repetitive they get, I'm not sure how anyone defends this, but I'm sire someone will by stating that past MGS games were repetitive, which doesn't excuse this one.
Then there's the shitty 3rd chapter of "play all these missions again, BUT HARDER"
The lack of bosses, interesting characters, and any real sense of a soul makes the game not worth anyone's time. It's clearly unfinished, even to someone who probably never touched a MGS game in their lives.
>>
>>381667692
>you don't need to shoot, hold ups only
>DUHH BUT THEY DONT HAVE PENETRATION
>say game is easy
>DUHH LEARN2PLAY SWEATY
you're thick.
>>
>>381667961
Depends on what you're trying to do.

Tank missions for example if I just want the tank I find it's easier to grab a sniper and take everyone out so I can quickly get to the vehicles.
>>
>>381668062
>Then there's the shitty 3rd chapter of "play all these missions again, BUT HARDER"
>3rd chapter
IT'S HABBENING
>>
>>381667914
If you abuse the tranq weapons, the game start spawning full armored soldier.
>>
>>381667931
>in addition to fultoning enemies you can also fulton intel, vehicle, prisoner, destory support devices, a metal gear, fulton a lewd sniper and a little brat
>>
>>381668078
Well if you're looking at it from a most optimal way to play anyway. If your point is that that doesn't matter then why not switch it up anyway then?
>>
>>381668248
cqc him. done.
>>
>>381668350
But then you need to get close up..
>>
>>381668248
At which point, you just aim for the face.

It's barely a complication.
>>
>>381668443
well if they have a helmet you better hope they're looking at you.
>>
>>381668443
AND they aren't shining a flashlight, which obstructs them completely
>>
>>381668443
Their face is covered. I'm talking about the full armored ones.
>>
>>381649240
>perfect gameplay
>le "you can see enemies but they can't see you" shit stealth mechanics

ok
>>
>>381668689
The lighting in this game is pretty good though. It's a damn shame the netcode for MGO3 is such shit.
>>
>>381668348
the point is tranq makes the game incredibly easy. but even without it the game is already easy, so it just compounds that fact. and why would you not play the most optimal way? i mean for the first time playing a mission anyway, and after the first time, whats the point? i'm no completionist, by the way. so don't try making the argument that i should keep playing the game over and over with new tactics.
>>
>>381668428
Do you want me to play the game for you?
>>
>>381668838
>the point is tranq makes the game incredibly easy.

Not compared to any other loadout. Especially on FOB
>>
>>381668838
>the point is tranq makes the game incredibly easy
it's the fulton that makes the game incredibly easy
>>
>>381649240
Only tangentially related to the thread, but can someone please post that picture comparing the Kojima Productions 'Luden' character to The Boss from MGS3?

Every thread it's posted in is deleted and Metal Gear's 30th anniversary is less than 1 month away.
>>
>>381668841
no, I'm pointing out how each loadout has it's own drawbacks.
>>
>>381669024
but fultoning everybody isn't optimal
>>
>>381649240
>gameplay is the most important part of a game.
Except for when it's not, dumbass
>>
Metal Gear games were better when they bordered on visual novels
>>
>>381669318
Then go play peace walker faggot
>>
>>381669493
>mgs1,2,3 don't have hours and hours of codec conversations
>>
File: 1463777163544.jpg (51KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1463777163544.jpg
51KB, 500x479px
>>381664731
>mission is to eliminate the target
>kill him
>"snake! what are you doing, he had intel we could have used"

its as if im expected to just fulton everyone
>>
>>381669724
>mgs 1, 2 and 3 don't have hours of gameplay
>>
>>381669754
>We were meant to shoot this fuck in the head but I'll tell our employers he's been sent to a place outside of heaven tee hee ;-)
>>
>>381669034
Someone, please?
I'm 99% sure Death Stranding is secretly the WW2 Metal Gear starring The Boss.
>>
>>381658524
this so much. if i wanted to go into cover i would do so, don't fucking snap me in if i'm crawling next to a wall.
>>
>>381669024
>>381668925
>everyone missing my point about holdups
lel scrubs
>>
>>381669835
Just barely
>>
>>381649240
It can't be perfect gameplay if you're doing the same shit over and over again. Everything is part of the gameplay: level design, movement, combat, mission design. It's not only the movement and combat.
This is particularly retarded because you know fairly well the world in this game is a barren wasteland with nothing to do, and that the game artificially prolongs itself by making you repeat whatever little missions there are. You're trying to make up excuses for it to get angry replies from legitimately upset people who were actually looking forward to this shit.
>>
>>381655235

nice blog post. if only you put this much effort into your life, you wouldn't be arguing about video games on the Internet
>>
>>381669923
death stranding is silent hills. 3rd part of MGSV is the movie. avi arad was the deciding factor in getting keifer in mgsv, and he's the producer of the movie. keifer was planned to be in the movie from the start.
>>
>>381669965
make a stronger point then, kek
>>
MGSV isn't bad though, it's a solid 7/10
>>
>>381670113
>if i ignore the argument it'll go away, right! heh heh...
>>
>>381670154
No, I'd argue that it is pretty bad, considering all the shitty hype and marketing that preceeded it.
>>
>>381670107
Death stranding is a new IP starring that emo-looking grampa from the walking dead and Hannibal.
>>
>>381670107
no.
>>
>>381670334
again, what argument?
>>
more like the phantom plot, amirite
>>
File: 1493598525859.jpg (30KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1493598525859.jpg
30KB, 612x491px
>>381670471
>game is bad because marketing
>>
File: Charles 2.jpg (7KB, 255x181px) Image search: [Google]
Charles 2.jpg
7KB, 255x181px
>>381649240
>control felt like a stiff less responsive version of splinter cell blacklist
>perfect gameplay
>>
>>381670642
Because of failed expectations, you retarded frogposting cocksucker. I swear, every time you see the facebook frog, there's some mildly retarded mouthbreather behind that post.
Every. Single. Time.
>>
>>381655386
>he's never played with 200% hearing distance and sight distance with infinite heaven

Casual.

http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/464/?
>>
>>381670642
>let's release like 8 trailers which contain the entirety of the games cutscenes
>>
File: Metalgear2boxart.jpg (49KB, 320x453px) Image search: [Google]
Metalgear2boxart.jpg
49KB, 320x453px
>>381670740
Well that sounds like a personal problem...
>>
>>381649240
I loved combat hated the mobile game shit. It could've been great but was weighed down by a bunch of unnecessary garbage and had the fat trimmed on more important things like the end of the damn game.
>>
>>381670471
>saying a game is bad because of the hype surrounding it
I really hate this. A game can be good without being the masterpiece you were blinded to believe it would be because it's new and shiny.
>>
>>381670740
>he's not aware of kojima cucking and blue balling his his audience constantly with the trailers
sorry that you're new, i guess
>>
File: immunitydog.jpg (219KB, 500x860px) Image search: [Google]
immunitydog.jpg
219KB, 500x860px
>>381654880
I'm not even halfway through the game and I like it so far, even if elaborately designed interior levels are lacking it at least has a decent approach to open-world design (those canyon bridge bases for example, or how the overworld meshes into proper locations through waterways for example). But yeah it's already starting to feel a bit empty which might not be so bad or it'd have been a 3000-hour game instead of a 200-hour one.

Also not even the combined might of immunity cat and immunity dog could protect my favorite series from falling victim to open-world with the third game already (hubs that weren't all that big and constant loading screens). Although that still had proper levels even if they were small in scale and scope compared to the first games.
>>
>>381670107
Regardless of whether or not that is true (maybe Kojima is placing Silent Hill in the same universe as MG because he's crazy), the gloves on The Boss are exactly the same as the gloves on the Ludens character. The Boss & the rest of the Cobra unit were both in WW2 Normandy (like the DS trailer), and in space (leading me to believe the Ludens skull character is the Cobra unit astronaut suit) at some point before MGS3.
>>
the big boss trilogy was a mistake
>>
File: IMG_0740.jpg (128KB, 1118x684px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0740.jpg
128KB, 1118x684px
>>381671073
You're a mistake
>>
>>381671030
Kojima reuses a lot of the same shit, what else is new?
>>
>>381671030
those are all red herrings. kojima has stated that the trailers are full of red herrings. death stranding is not mgs.
>>
>>381671234
>le epic manly tears character
>>
>>381671365
>caring about big boss
it's all about the boss baby. that's the idol, holy mother.
>>
>>381671346
I find it weird Kojima is trying the same marketing tactic of MGSV with Death Stranding, the only reason MGSV's trailers worked is fans had the context of the series to decipher shit. With Death Stranding it's just a lot of abstract nothing really and people losing their shit over a letter etched into a wall
>>
>>381671570
>caring about le military astronaut virgin mary that derailed the series
>>
>>381671073
This. Solid Snake is the true hero and main character of MGS. MGS3 is one of the most overrated video games ever, PW is trash made for casual grinding, and V is an incomplete mess.
>>
>MGS V gameplay
>Perfect
>Can't even mess with the guards as much as you did in previous playthroughs
>Can't pat them down for ammo/groin attacks
>Can't even tell a dude at fucking gunpoint to call report to his friends so that they don't send a search party
>Despite having animals, you can't do as much with them as you could in MGS 3
Fuck outta here
>>
The long-take cinematography fucked up all the cutscenes.
>>
>>381672198
Kojima gets inspired (by inspired I mean rips off without understanding) by whatever shitty Hollywood movie he just saw. Long takes, the lens flare, etc.
>>
>>381671602
the only clear letter is J. It is above the tunnel. The end of PT had a note signed -J. The tanks are Ito esque, specifically as if they were from Gyo. Sam with the dead soldiers, seems in line with the Gyo-tech. Ito, who was working on Silent Hills. Norman Reedus and Del Toro. Kojima is making Silent Hills, but masquerading it as something else that people will think is mgs due 'unfinished content,' as it were. Around the time they get a trailer out for the movie, konami is going to start really fixing the problems with nuke tab/blockades. Hype built up around the game at this point will also get people excited for the movie. Marketing is now the most beautiful art form now. It's mass manipulation of lots of people, affecting people in ways they don't even realize. It's the most subversive format, and this is what Kojima is really interested in.
>>
>>381672419
The two flicks he was obsessed with at the time were Birdman (he claims he was inspired by Hitchcock's Rope but come on, he can't post selfies and tweets of himself with Hitchcock) and Fury Road (Silent Protagnist, he saw this like 6 months before mgsv came out which is why BB has fuck loads more dialogue that was datamined)
>>
>>381672620
>someone's been possessed by Caramel's arm
>>
>>381653502
I hate him because there's no convincing reason for him to be such an insufferable ass cunt at that age. The only reason he is is because lol that's the way he's going to be in the future games, right fans??? ;D
>>
>>381672620
There is literally no reason for the game that he is creating to be a part of the Silent Hill franchise. As a Silent Hill fan, I seriously, SERIOUSLY fucking hope that Death Stranding is not Silent Hills. Silent Hills should not be made. No new Silent Hill games should be made. The franchise is fucking dead and developers need to stop raping its already cum-filled corpse. I love Kojima and Del Toro, but if they keep trying to cram their peanut dicks into this fucking franchise, they can both go fuck themselves.
>>
I'm fond of Metal Gear Solid V, though I understand that the game isn't complete and it'd have been better if it was. Shit, I'm playing it right now.

I can, in the least, utilize my autism in order to ignore what makes a game bad just to have fun.
>>
>>381673015
>there's no reason a child soldier would be a grumpy gus
>>
>>381672198
Amen to that.
And the shakycam PoV.
>>
>>381671016
>Also not even the combined might of immunity cat and immunity dog could protect my favorite series from falling victim to open-world with the third game already
*Forgot to mention it's Thief: Deadly Shadows, of course
I've been awake for over 40 hours.
>>
>>381673159
Not the grumpy part, but being all angsty and anguished by existential crisis over being a clone human, fate and daddy issues.
>>
>>381672198
>>381672419
>>381673160
>kojima fancies himself as this big cinematic director
>every mgs cutscene is a wideshot of 2 characters speaking for 20 minutes in a metallic/concrete hallway
What did he mean by this?
>>
>build a perfect gameplay system
>use it to attack the same 3 buildings rotated randomly in the desert
oh boy
>>
>>381673015
Not everyone need a reason to be an asshole. In any case Liquid was pissed off because The Patriots cared only about Solid and he thought Big Boss had an active role in choosing him as the inferior one. The latter it's explained in MGS1.
>>
>>381654367
Metal Gear could exist without Kojima but absolutely not without Shinkawa.
God tier character design is like half the reason I like MGS
>>
>>381653360
Fookin realism, m8
>>
I hit a wall with this game, this stupid fucking mission ruins the entire game for me. It's a tank mission where you have to blow up like 10 of them. It's a pain in the ass to catch them, you only have enough ammo for 2-3 of them before you need a supply drop and they're super fast. Iv'e tried it like 10 times and i lose interest or die every single time it's such bullshit i just quit the game like half way through, i haven't touched the game in months because of this stupid fucking mission. This game sucks.
>>
>>381674553
That mission took me 3 tries.
>>
>>381672851
Kojima talked about Snake talking less and showed cutscenes with long takes years before those movies came out. Mad Max 2 was where he got his inspiration for a quieter Snake.

>which is why BB has fuck loads more dialogue
Apart from some unnecessary responses to Paz there's nothing that hints at him talking more during the actual story. Most of it's Kiefer shouting about CQC and train stations.
>>
File: 1479396956939.jpg (40KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479396956939.jpg
40KB, 478x640px
>>381674553
Just wait for them near that prison in north east. Put some anti-vehicle mines and boxes on the ground and let your horse shit a little bit so the tanks can't escape. Try to be as tacticool as you can dood.
>>
File: ocelot-254.gif (975KB, 229x302px) Image search: [Google]
ocelot-254.gif
975KB, 229x302px
>>381671073
I agree. focusing on Big Boss made his character 1000 times less interesting and likable. Reminds me of what Lucas did with Darth Vader.
>>
>>381674162
>david bowie in a latex suit with a gun
>>
>>381675057
>Kojima was doing long takes years before Alfred Hitchcock's Rope came out
>>
>>381675396
his ruse cruise is eternal
>>
>>381649240
Gameplay is the most important the same way an engine is the most important part of a vehicle. You still need more than that for it to get anywhere, the gameplay is seriously solid and I'd recommend it for $40 max to anyone. It's fun to play all the way through and its biggest problem is pacing, variation, and cut content.

It's not so much a bad game as a disappointing good game.
>>
>>381675396
>implying Alfred Hitchcock wasn't the Kojima of movies
>>
>>381675597
>implying Kojima isn't Hitchcock
>both "kill" and switch a protagonist early on in psycho/mgs2
>both cast their waifus despite lack of talent
>both obnoxiously insert themselves into all their movies/games and their names are used frequently in the marketing
>>
File: 5776567ryt676r76.jpg (174KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
5776567ryt676r76.jpg
174KB, 1024x576px
>>381674162
Did Shinkawa do MGRR because they were pretty good.
>>
>>381676784
I don't think so. MGR:R was good but it had a different aesthetic that fit more like a sharp edged post-2001 Ghost in the Shell while MGS felt more like a hard early-90s concrete Evangelion aesthetic.
>>
>>381676784
Only the stuff that was salvaged from MGS:R.
>>
>>381649240
Only game I've pre-ordered in my life. No regrets. I've played the shit out of it.
>>
>>381674553
Nigga what?

You only need to destroy/extract one tank to complete the mission.

Of course you won't get a good score but that's besides the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zczXbrv4CM
>>
>>381649240
/v/'s full of little bitchlords who think having a negative opinion about something means they know what they're talking about.
>>
>>381649240
The character controls are great
The map/sandbox is shit, nevermind that there's not a single area in the game anywhere near as good as the map we got in Ground Zeroes, it's shit from an open world perspective too because there's fucking nothing to do in it
>>
Portals and hyper future tech that didn't fit in with canon was the worst part of MGSV
>>
>>381649240
Is there even a fast travel system in this game?

The helicopter can take you around to different base platforms but I've never found a way for it to take you around to different points on deployment maps. Would be real handy for Afghanistan since Snake can't even climb a gentle slope without sliding back down, let alone mountains.
>>
>>381674553
The real problem with the main missions is that perfectly good milsim missions get ruined by Kojima's MGS zombies and superpowers bullshit.
>>
>>381657268
>> No influencing the world by blowing up ammo storages etc (MGS3)

Sabotage outpost comms to HQ to deny reinforcements and sabotage AA radar to allow closer LZs

>> No environmental hazards by shooting beahives or throwing snakes (MGS3)

Muh red barrels
>>
>>381679086
>Is there even a fast travel system in this game?

Um, sweetie...
>>
File: 1467207822285.jpg (353KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1467207822285.jpg
353KB, 1128x1600px
>>381649240
>Explain

MGS got to FF levels of obsessed fan retardation. that's it. neckbeards will forever spam their shit in every thread.
meanwhile TPP is a perfect game.
>>
>>381678921
Wormholes are not canon, are you pissed off about the infinite bandana and the wigs in other MGS?
>>
>>381667513
what essay anon?
>>
>>381679086
Yes, you can collect some tickets around the map that let you be transported by trucks if you place yourself inside a cardbord box on top of those orange platforms. You can also start missions by land, skipping the helicopter intro.
>>
>>381654880
Sorry linear games, I was wrong about you
>>
>>381649240
It is the same problem Destiny has, the core gameplay it outstanding but the content you have to dredge through drags the game down.
>>
>>381680146
>Infinite ammo bandanna isn't canon
Next you're gonna say that the patriot isn't canon
>>
>>381681360
If you are talking about the quote in the arsenal gear, I'll make you note that's virtual reality.
>>
>>381681015

Is it possible that gameplay, dare I say, is NOT the only important thing?
>>
>>381649240
It's fun but it's far away from perfect. You can play it in a run and gun style because every time an enemy detects you you have a huge amount of time to kill him in slow motion. I played entire missions just like that and had cleared them in under 8 minutes.
>>
File: pp.png (56KB, 314x171px) Image search: [Google]
pp.png
56KB, 314x171px
The ultimate truth of TPP is that the mother base mechanics didn't allow it to have an interesting story. The game was limited by its design for reputability and micro-management. If you knew this from the start, you would know the story wouldn't lead to anything.

None of the missions have any real consequences because of that. The game has 45 missions, and you tell me Kojima couldn't fit in them a full fledged story?

Any type of resolution would have made the game collapse on it's own. Just look at the Quiet story. When she leaves, you basically lose a buddy with all the updates you've invested money in. Just something so small has such a big impact on the mechanics.

Just the introduction of the FOB stuff should have told you we are never leaving mother base.
Thread posts: 395
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.