[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is crapcom so shit bros? >ruined DMC >ruined megaman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: Capcom_logo-thumb1.jpg (296KB, 2500x978px) Image search: [Google]
Capcom_logo-thumb1.jpg
296KB, 2500x978px
Why is crapcom so shit bros?
>ruined DMC
>ruined megaman
>ruined MvC
>ruined street figher
>ruined Breath of Fire
>only good franchises like darkstalkers are in limbo

I don't think any company has ruined as many franchises as they have. Now I'm scared for monster hunter too
>>
>>381647712
>I don't think any company has ruined as many franchises as they have.
EA
>>
>>381647712
Square enix
>>
File: 1495170324729-b.gif (2MB, 290x162px) Image search: [Google]
1495170324729-b.gif
2MB, 290x162px
>ruined Onimusha
>>
File: 1414601347276.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1414601347276.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
Mon Hun will be shit too. They're not getting better.
>>
>>381647871
Debatable
>>
>>381648060
Can't ruin franchises if the games are not out :^)
>>
>>381647871
>>381648060
EA and Squeenix ruin franchises they publish, Capcom ruins franchises they created
>>
File: 400x400.png (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
400x400.png
43KB, 400x400px
>>381647712
>>381647871
>>381648060
Not so fast
>>
>>381648831
Konami is arguably doing better than Capcom is right now, which is fucking absurd.
>>
>>381648831
They at least made an okay bomberman, meanwhile crapcom isn't even trying for megaman
>>
File: 1468587853432.jpg (751KB, 1000x1972px) Image search: [Google]
1468587853432.jpg
751KB, 1000x1972px
How do we save crapcum bros?
>>
>>381649028
I remember around the time Legends 3 got canceled, a friend of a friend who was an insider at Capcom's Japanese HQ said that the execs had no idea why they were facing such a huge backlash over it, nor did they understand what made Megaman appealing. It also didn't help that the company continued to shit on its fans with unsubtle trolling.

Capcom's management has always been its biggest problem, and it couldn't be any more clear with how badly they've mismanaged its portfolio of IPs. You would think that a company with Street Fighter and Resident Evil would be an extremely strong one, and most of the time you would be right. Except its management has wildly inflated expectations of titles that never live up to it and things get canned left and right because of it.

Mon Hun seems like it will be the next casualty, which would be extremely unfortunate because there were several ways that this situation could have been avoided but they chose to go after the nebulous western sales yet again.
>>
>>381649329
The worst part of this is that they were literally one of the OGs of iconic IPs. How do you kill something as legendary as fucking MEGAMAN? Kids these days no longer even know what that is.. Nintendo, on the other hand, has consistently released high quality games for their franchises and makes a concerted effort to reintroduce younger generations to their IPs. They even started publishing mobile games for that purpose.

At this point, I seriously hope Capcom executives commit sudoku if World flops and Nintendo just fucking buys them out.
>>
the capcom hate is annoying

what a fanatical fanbase desu
>>
>>381649457
I don't hope any singular company buys them out, but yeah they should just sell themselves off somewhere, preferably a non exclusive company

Capcom releases mobile games, but the problem is there is no proper follow up to them
>>
File: Kenzo Tsujimoto.jpg (30KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Kenzo Tsujimoto.jpg
30KB, 800x533px
>embezzles investor money
>buys a winery in napa valley, california
>hires canadians
>>
>>381649158
This time, we let them go bankrupt? I remember a few years ago they were in total danger mode but mon hun saved their asses
>>
>>381649457
To be fair, Megaman had been milked to death because it was an easy cash cow to Capcom. Once that cash dried up, there was no more use for the series so it got swept aside in favor of Street Fighter's revival. Legends 3 was a terrible casualty of the friction between the execs and Inafune, but the sustained effort to erase Inafune's influence after he left was pretty disgraceful.

Capcom is a shadow of its former self right now, with nearly no resources to spare. SFV is largely seen as mediocre at best and sold terribly, and MvCI is likely going to face a huge amount of backlash upon release. MonHun is all they have at the moment and they're desperate to cultivate the western fanbase for more sales. They don't really have a choice other than abandoning all of its other IP just to try and make themselves more relevant.
>>
>>381649609
All their mobile games are literally shitty ports of their DS era games though
>>
>>381649609
I don't know what company in the industry would actually be able to revive and manage their properties correctly. Sony has money, but they've never been some sort of tour de fource of IP management. After 3 decades in the game, they've only had 1 single IP mascot become lastingly famous, AKA Nathan Drake.

I used Nintendo as an example because they're basically the best example that exists on the planet. You can't do much better than a company that's grown their IPs to become more recognizable than fucking Disney characters.
>>
>>381649707
madman
>>
>ruin all their franchises
>want darkstalkers out of the limbo
are you masochist?
>>
>>381649158
Kill whoever's at the top.
>>
>>381649753
It's amazing how they manage to not learn a thing from their failures or their successes.
>>
>>381650348
How do they manage to always fuck shit up with "westernized" and "ambitious" projects that fail to meet sales expectations? They're doing the same thing with World.
>>
>>381650183
Oh fuck okay now I hope it stays dead, thanks anon ;_;
>>
>>381648831
What would happen if Konami bought Capcom?
>>
>>381650447
Was about to pachinko dmcbut this is already a thing
>>
>>381650447
That would legitimately be a step up, I feel disgusted just for saying it holy shit
>>
I'm not really looking out for names, but a lot of games I end up buying and enjoying I see Capcom on the title screen. Maybe they're better at making new IPs instead of rehash cashgrabs, or maybe they're just the publishers Idk. The only series I liked from OP was DmC anyways.
>>
>>381650584
They're probably older games. Capcom has a tendency of doing something well with new ideas and subsequently ruining or killing it after it becomes a franchise.
>>
>>381650447
Does Konami even have the market value or funds to buy Capcom outright, even if the latterr somehow goes straight down into catastrophic territory? If anything, I think all they'd want is anything pachinko related from them, as they really don't have any use for traditional gaming things and they probably wouldn't have the money to buy the IPs outright.

On that note, if the stockholders at Capcom all revolt and force a sale, I'm not quite sure who would buy them. Nintendo is often brought up as an obvious choice, but would NoJ really want to expend so much capital on IPs they might not be able to fully leverage? If the deal was very sweet for them, it would be a no brainer, but things are rarely that simple.

Tencent is also usually brought up and they definitely have the capital to do so smoothly, but the Japanese government makes it very difficult/near impossible for foreign entities to take over their companies. The recent Toshiba NAND business deal is a very big example of such, and multiple companies are still contesting it.
>>
>>381650730
>They're probably older games
True, I'm still on PS3. Did they syop making good original games?
>>
>>381650884
They're literally too poor to take ambitious risks.. Which is why they were retarded enough to take an ambitious risk with their only established IP that makes them a profit right now.
>>
>>381650880
In terms of realistic choices, you're right, a company like Tencent would probably be able to buy Capcom. In terms of what would be best to actually bring back Capcom IPs as well as secure the futures of dying series like Ace Attorney, Nintendo would be the obvious choice.
>>
Itsuno's game is going to be DMC5 right bros ? r-right ?
>>
>>381647712
>ruined DMC
They didn't
Also you forgot about Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Onimusha and REVII
But still I love them because they have some good shit like Sengoku Basara, new MHs and Itsuno is still with them always making good shit like Dragon's Dogma
I hope they're still going to make some action games because they were and still are kings of fun and good combat
PG sucks ass
>>
>>381650584
>>381650730
Capcom has a long history of tossing things and seeing what sticks. However, it got too expensive for them to keep doing that, so now they're mostly going with what they think is popular. Unfortunately, Capcom is too stupid to realize that they can make money on smaller projects that dont need to sell 5 million copies to be profitable.
>>
>>381647712
you're the one killing them by not buying their games and letting them stay poor

you're the one at fault
>>
>both SFV and MvCI were made in partnership with sony
Gee.. I wonder...
>>
>>381650447
Street Fighter Pachinko Warrior
>>
hello r/kappa now please kill yourselves for the betterment of humanity
>>
I hate Capcom so much, but they have so many of my favorite franchises held hostage that it's impossible for me to stop buying their games

As long as they continue making RE, DMC, and MH I'll continue to be a sheep
>>
>>381651008
I don't disagree, but unless Capcom goes completely bankrupt, its IPs don't get sold off to the highest bidder. Nintendo would be likely to buy up Megaman/MonHun/AA, but the fate of RE and SF would be much more ambiguous because they haven't shown a great amount of interest in those titles in recent times. So then it becomes a question of if Nintendo is willing to buy a shitton of IPs that it will likely never use for three IPs that would directly enhance their lineup and two others that they'd be unsure of what to do with.
>>
>>381651475
RE and SF would probably do better in the hands of Sony or a 3rd party publisher anyway. The main question is where the Capcom Devs actually go in these cases.
>>
>>381650880
Can't Sony buy them?

>the Japanese government makes it very difficult/near impossible for foreign entities to take over their companies
That's sad. The nips are very talented but it seems they don't have the money to fund their projects.
>>
>>381650447
I think the better question is where would their good employees go?
>>
>>381651271
>lost planet
Don't remind me fuck
>>
>>381651565
Sony may be a big company, but they've fucked up a shit ton of their businesses besides their gaming and financial branches. I'm not sure they'd be so proactive in the procurement of Capcom franchises considering the actual current value of those IP's after Capcom tanked them. I feel like Sony's the kind of company to buy something while it's popular to capitalize, rather than buying something niche and revitalizing it.
>>
>>381651565
>sony
>buying anything
Lmao fucking retard. Only nintendo can buy them from the big 3 console manufacturers. Microsoft can't do shit because by japanese law only japanese companies can buy out other japanese companies and sony doesn't have any money.
>>
>>381651565
Sony would probably be interested, yes, but it's just as likely that they would have the same issue that Nintendo would -- that being that capital expended on buying up Capcom would be greater than whatever returns they could get. Keep in mind that while Sony's gaming and financial divisions are doing great, the rest of the company is dragging them down so they don't have that much more market cap than Nintendo right now, even though they have more funds.

The Japanese government intervening in foreign takeovers can be seen as a double edged sword in some cases, but it does prevent stupid shit like Microsoft attempting to buy Nintendo out or Disney running rampant through Japanese IPs.
>>
>steam sales
>SFV $19.99
i just wanna look at cammy's pantsu
is it worth it?
>>
>>381647871
THIS.
>>
>>381651565
>Can't Sony buy them?
>The Last Devil
>Hand of God
>Soul of Demon Samurai
>>
File: 1487402417846.png (17KB, 174x149px) Image search: [Google]
1487402417846.png
17KB, 174x149px
>>381651810
>Disney running rampant through Japanese IPs
Holy shit, can you fucking imagine a world where that actually happened? Nintendo with a hostile takeover from Disney, my god..
>>
>>381647712
look at konami or square enix
>>
>>381651940
Both of those companies are unironically doing better than Capcom right now, which is insane.
>>
>>381651810
Nintendo actually just recently got a higher market cap than Sony
>>
>>381647712
I still don't understand how they fucked up so bad, seriously what the fuck?
>>
>>381651008
>give all Capcom franchises into hands of exclusives-only company?
Really?
Fuck that.

If they get bought out I hope that multiplat company buys them.

i secretly hope for p*

Also
why people want Nintendo to pick them out of all companies? They keep making uninspired shit that sells just on nostalgia, and fuck over the eu
>>
>>381648972
>>381651995
Are you fucking delusional? Holy shit go fuck yourself

Crying over megaman?

>They raped the SH corpse over and over and killed it when it was given a chance to become something non retarded
>They killed castlevania
>They killed MGS(instead of making a actual sequel without kojima or a rising sequel the are doing a survival shit)
> and for a ultimate fuck you They doing those pachinko machines with gorgeous graphics
Soo yeah you can go eat a bag of dicas
>>
>>381653596
>uninspired shit
Compared to who? The rest are even more uninspired, they are like the best of the worst
>>
>>381647712
You forgot
>Try to westernize Lost Planet killing the series
>>
>>381651271
To be fair DMC, Dead Rising and Lost Planet went to shit because Inafune pushed for Crapcom to outsource their games. Capcom as a whole is still to blame for the other franchises they JUST'd though.
>>
>>381653694
Still doesn't touch the corpses left by Capcom.
>>
>>381653694
Granted, Konami's management for its gaming division has been pretty terrible, even if we don't know what fully transpired between Kojima and upper management.

The thing of it is, unlike Capcom, the revenue they get from pachinko easily exceeds whatever they are currently doing in gaming, so they don't really have an incentive to do anything major for platforms other than dialing it in. If anything, Bomberman's success on the Switch surprised them, so maybe we'll see them explore their older IPs a bit more.

The point is that Konami is nowhere near the precarious position Capcom is in because they actually have another line of business that makes them money.
>>
>>381653782
Honestly? They basically are doing rehashes of their old franchises. Same-ish gameplay with most safe(business wise) choices.

The only remotely interesting thing coming from them is arms. But even that is butchered by safe approach of 1v1v1v1 fights.

If you take nostalgia away their games are 7/10. Okay but nothing great.

Still my biggest gripe is that ALL Nintendo games are locked to their shitty, overpriced hardware.
Which in case or Capcom games, maybe other than megaman, would hinder them heavily.

Plus with Nintendo we would never get a proper sequel to either dragons dogma or devil may cry.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.