[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's right you know, name one (1) other game with bosses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: photo.jpg (27KB, 900x900px)
photo.jpg
27KB, 900x900px
He's right you know, name one (1) other game with bosses like Maiden Astraea, Yellow Monk, False King. You literally can't.
>>
>>381645117
Kirbys Dream Land
>>
Paper Mario
>>
>>381645117
Ok..

Lady Maria, Ludwig, Orphan of Kos, Gehrman.. more to choose from

not only bosses but some of the random hunters in the game are very tough fights.
>>
>>381645117
Demons souls is blatantly the best game, nu /v/ only denies it because they ve never played it.
>>381645440
Those are all basically the exact opposite of the bosses he listed, none of the bosses he posted were hard but they were unique. good job revealing you know nothing about demons souls
>>
>>381645440
Yeah I remember how Ludwig was controlled by another player. That made the fight so memorable. Oh, and how the Orphan killed itself out of grief.
>>
File: 1497109280144.png (80KB, 686x686px) Image search: [Google]
1497109280144.png
80KB, 686x686px
>>381645117
>bosses like Maiden Astraea

You could barely call that a fucking boss.
>>
>>381645879
>is blatantly the best game

Nah.

I prefer a seamless world thankyou very much.
>>
>>381645117
Dark souls 2.
>>
>>381645117
Prowling magus and congregation
The dlc boss from ringed city
Covetous demon
>>
>>381646884
Just because she isnt your typical "punch and roll to win" boss, doesnt mean that she isnt a boss. But anything that breaks conventions is considered cancerous by /v/.
>>
File: k05-4b.jpg (160KB, 1103x826px) Image search: [Google]
k05-4b.jpg
160KB, 1103x826px
tldr Avion is the best boss
>>
File: 1498116402806.png (208KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1498116402806.png
208KB, 540x304px
>>381647046
Just because that green pipe in Super Mario Brothers isn't your typical "jump and stomp to win" boss, doesn't mean it isn't a boss. But anything that breaks conventions is considered cancerous by /v/.
>>
>>381645117
Zelda
>>
>>381647165
Are you really this butthurt that someone hinted that your precious bloodborne isnt a perfect game? Sad!
>>
>>381645117
Are these supposed to be unconventional boss fights? Because there's a whole fucking genre of this shit out there.
>>
>>381645117
>False King
He's in literally every souls game, just with a another name, like Ornstein.

>Yellow Monk
Spear of the Church, DS3 a much better version of this fight without being able to have 99 full heals as a boss.
Mirroe Knight, DS2.

>Maiden Astraea
A non boss, you fight some Havel clone while your view is blocked by a rock on the ceiling.

So yeah, these failed failed experiments paved the way for much better bosses down the line but that doesn't make them good. If unique = good then I guess have fun when the next souls boss has to be defeated by a RE4 sliding block puzzle.
>>
>>381645117
He's wrong.
I agree that many bosses follow the same formula of trying to imitate Artorias, but that's not to say From don't try to have gimmicky and "memorable" boss fights any more. The problem is, that even in Demon's Souls, a lot of them were complete shit.
Pic related.
If From stopped with gimmick fights, we wouldn't have this piece of shit in DaS3.
>>
>>381647268
Just pointing out how retarded you sound anon. None of the Souls series or Bloodborne games are perfect because they are just dungeon crawlers.
>>
>>381647443
Picture didn't upload.
>>
>>381645879
I've played Demons Souls, and it is objectively fucking awful. Dark Souls is "okay" but there are quite a few areas in that game that are just an atrocious fucking slog to go through, like the library, that snake ruin place, and the giant crystal cave.

The only thing Demon's Souls has going for it is its world design, which felt a lot more subdued and grounded than any of the Dark Souls games.
>>
Lads, calm down. He still thinks DaS is better.
>>
>>381645879
DeS is hot garbage compared to DS1/2/3 and BB.
>>
>>381647505
Is Dark Souls 3 worth 23.99? Not a die-hard of the series, but I played through 1 and liked it enough to buy DS2 this summer sale.
>>
>tfw des fans defend this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UQtBMKCipk
>>
>>381647596
How can one man have such great taste?

DaS >= DeS > BB > DaS3 >> DaS2
>>
>>381645117
The main issue with this video is that it starts from the premise that innovation and variety is what matters. That's probably his personal taste but it's wrapped up inside a critical analysis of mechanics to the point you can't separate the objective from his opinion.

When he criticised the series for a shift in focus to dodge-stab-dodge I couldn't have disagreed more, because a tight gameplay loop like that is pretty much my only criteria for success in a game.

He makes a lot of good points as usual but the structure of the video triggers me and he makes a few mis-steps in the analysis (not seeming to understand that bloodborne is meant to be played aggressively and not defensively, for example).
>>
>>381647819
DeS is dead last actually, he just respect it more for being first
>>
>>381647570
>Objectively
No. But it does have a lot of shitty mechanics that people with nostalgia goggles overlook or some how even defend. Like item burden, world tendency resetting to online average, an insane potential for healing items, online play hampered by tendency so people just killing themselves in the nexus and never being human.

>>381647690
DaS3 isn't bad, but it's not great. It goes through all the motions and is rightfully referred to as "greatest hits" a lot, because it brings back various things people like from the older games. But it's the most linear by far and has the least amount of re-playability in my opinion. The game also feels like they took the speed of Bloodborne enemies, while you don't have the speed of the Bloodborne player character. Only dodge rolling is viable.
>>
File: 1392472664681.gif (587KB, 187x294px) Image search: [Google]
1392472664681.gif
587KB, 187x294px
>>381647819
DaS > BB > DeS = DaS3 >>> DaS2
>>
>>381647838
>stab-roll
>gameplay

these things were always meant to be walking simulators
>>
>>381645117
Undertale
>>
>>381645117
While I agree that From needs to start making more creative bosses again (fighting a billion autistic flailing beasts in Bloodborne got old), I don't think DeS executed them perfectly. Conceptually DeS is top notch but in terms of actually playing the video game, it's outdone by DaS and BB.
>>
Is there anything worst than a potato nigger
>>
>>381645117
By that logic, Undertale > DeS
>>
I have strange feelings about DeS, it took more longer to get immersed in than any of the other games. 20+ hours and 4 characters until I finally felt like playing through the entire game.
I was playing around with different builds, like mage and such and found it boring. My actual playthrough was with melee using the longsword.
I also bought an adapter to use the 360 controller because the DS3 is shit. So that might've been what helped, who knows.
>>
>>381645117
His whole argument goes to
>muh atmosphere

Like whoopdiedoo, prefer atmosphere all you want but I will still favor actual mechanics and movesets than just atmosphere.
>>
>>381648618
>Movesets
Demons souls also had the best weapons and movesets.
>>
>>381649046
No, that would be Bloodborne
Its animations, the sheer number of them and their uniqueness already wins, not to mention the added twist of stance changing mid combo.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.