[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start playing multiplayer fps >die 20 times in a row with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 1436765837458.jpg (94KB, 620x654px) Image search: [Google]
1436765837458.jpg
94KB, 620x654px
>start playing multiplayer fps
>die 20 times in a row with no kills
>quit

anybody else here do this?
>>
hmm no i do not recall being a massive fucking scrub at any point in time
>>
>>381638449
Fucking red orchestra vietnam man, fuck that game so hard.
>>
>>381638449
You will never be good.
>>
>>381638449
More like
>0.7-0.8 KD ratio
>>
>>381638449
Modern game skills are mostly non transferable. The people that are good at the game you are playing tend to only play that one game.

You need to ask yourself if your primary goal is to enjoy the game or win. You can do both but if you want to win and lose you wont be having fun but if you want to have fun and lose you will still be enjoying your time.

Steer clear of MOBA's the community is cancer. 90% of players are utter trash and will spend the entire game complaining about others.
>>
yes, in fact I don't play multiplayer games because im very bad at games so I prefer to play them at my own pace in singleplayer
>>
>>381638449
nah I'll die a lot but I'll get some kills. thought I usually play objective modes so I sometimes get high scores from caps
>>
File: 1496307819811.png (160KB, 680x571px) Image search: [Google]
1496307819811.png
160KB, 680x571px
>try to get into fighting game
>finish each character's story
>become pretty decent against advanced difficulty AI
>can pull out some decent combos
>play online
>the other player just takes out 80% of your lifebar with a single combo while you watch powerless
>take disc out
>put it back in the case
>never touch game again
>>
File: 1492308777132.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1492308777132.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>381638449
>die

>what the fuck did i do wrong
>did i neglect the basics of CQB
>or was my reaction speed simply inferior to the guy who killed me
>if it's the first one, focus and remember what i've learned
>if it's the second one, try to git gud

>proceed to not die again like OP the skrub
and that's how i solve it
>>
>>381638736
the only moba i play is hots and the community isn't so bad

maybe because no one plays it/you can only talk to your teammates who in turn, unless you're in a stack, will never make an effort to talk/communicate with you in a meaningful fashion
>>
File: faggot snowman.png (107KB, 599x403px) Image search: [Google]
faggot snowman.png
107KB, 599x403px
>>381638449
For me its
>start playing multiplayer fps I haven't played in years/months
>top the scoreboard every time because most of the people who play shooters nowadays are retarded and most shooters have bullshit mechanics designed to keep them playing without improving
>>
>>381638449
Stop being a pussy and get good.

I remember when I was young and played Quake online for the first time. I got my ass handed to me for weeks.

You need to learn to move and aim better, learn the layout of the maps and the spawn timings of items. That shit takes time and practise.

Don't be a faggot and give up because you didn't win instantly, you millennial pussy.
>>
Not really, OP.

>On a killing spree of 10 kills
>Get killed by someone
>Figure out what I did wrong or how they managed to kill me and prevent that without ruining what made the killstreak possible
>repeat

Kill cams ruined this for me because I usually assume the person who killed me is more skilled than me but most of the time they got lucky and got the kill without any conscious effort. Like dying while cooking or before throwing a grenade and I run over it.
>>
File: image.jpg (668KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
668KB, 800x800px
>>381639130
>try to get into fighting game

That's where you went wrong, that genre is only for faggots who've been playing them for decades at this point who'll have the developer's head on a pike if they try to implement any newfag friendly features or simplify control schemes to be a game about deciding what moves to use rather than fighting the fucking controller to use any at all.

At least the character designs are pretty fuckable, wish we could get more characters like this in other genres
>>
>>381638449
>weapons can't hit shit even with controlled bursts and the crosshair right on the enemy
>somehow weapons are a million times more accurate with iron sight because muh realism in a fantasy game
>switching to sights takes a second, which is enough to die in the meantime
>gameplay now consists of waiting at chokepoints and gunning down the retards that actually decided to move

fps sure went to shit since ut
>>
>>381638449
>finally bought overwatch
>start playing qp
>map is dorado attack
>don't know shit about how to properly play with any hero
>select hanzo anyway (cuz I used to play tf2 as sniper/huntsman a lot)
>people go full "hanzo swap pls" in the chat
>don't give a damn
>we manage to win the match
>got a 14/9 KD
That's the only qp match I've played since the first time I opened the game. The way I found to avoid this kind of frustration was starting to play only vs AI (normal and hard) and some custom games (ana paintball is fun af). I'm almost hitting 700 hours and 5k wins only against AI.
>>
>>381640661
you're lying
>>
>>381638449

>play as a support
> Retarded team
>flankers aren't flanking correctly
>get ass raped by enemy team flankers meanwhile I try to heal tanks
>rage quit
>>
>>381640661
I call bullshit anon cause I've had this game since release and never once has anyone bitched at me for playing whatever Hero I wanted in QP.

at most it's been, we need a healer and no ones wants to be one.
>>
Anyone else have bad days here?
i was playing splatoon for like 4 hours a day for 3 weeks and suddenly i completely suck
>>
Can someone explain why I'm willing to replay the same map with the same gameplay with the same outcome on multiplayer games but not story-driven single player games?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>get stupidly nervous about my performance even the most casual online games, even ones I'm good at
>have a drink or two to take the edge off
>spend rest of the night riding the line between buzzed and godlike or drunk and pathetic
>>
>>381638449
yep, like all the time in quake 2 days, it's so fun at school in the computer lab, but online is impossible :(
>>
>>381638584
I was once like you
No I'm running through the jungle blasting gooks with a 12 gauge
>>
>>381638449
you must be low iq or playing an old game with only really good players remaining.
>>
>>381638449
>catch dude unaware
>blast him in head, shot doesn't miss, hit him a few more times
>he somehow lives and whips around, shooting 30 degrees to the side of me twice with a weapon three tiers weaker than the one I was using and I die instead because reasons

Alternatively

>be anywhere on the map
>suddenly insta-killed by a literally, not figuratively, impossible shot

Both neatly summarize, whether literal or analogous, every attempt I've ever made at any element of online pvp. I don't enjoy a near 100% failure state with only about a 5% comprehension of WHY or even HOW I'm failing, so I just don't bother anymore since it's not fun and not worthwhile.
>>
If you're playing a modern shooter, a lot of it is really down to knowing the map, and I mean knowing every bit of the map, knowing every bitch-ass camping spot, all the common routes for your team and their team, all the item pickups or vehicle/heavy weapon emplacement, stuff like that. If you don't know the map like that you'll be fumbling around in the dark compared to the people who already played that single map for over 10 hours and know what to do.
>>
>>381639718
>SFV is bad because muh 3 frame friendlies
>even though 1 frame cancels still exist
This is why the FGC can't be taken seriously anymore.
>>
>>381643634
This pretty much except I smoke myself silly.
>get incredibly high
>I can see everything and start 100-0 people
>make one fuck up feel bad spend the rest of the night getting dunked
>>
Real gamers don't play FPS.
>>
File: 1405879566072.gif (2MB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1405879566072.gif
2MB, 300x277px
>>381647593
>real gamers
>referring to yourself as a "gamer"
>>
>>381638449
Dumb nigerian
>>
>>381639718
>can't do quarter circles

you literally have motor function problems

not even kidding
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.