[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any games you love that you've only ever watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: Life_Is_Strange_cover.jpg (42KB, 297x334px) Image search: [Google]
Life_Is_Strange_cover.jpg
42KB, 297x334px
Are there any games you love that you've only ever watched on youtube/other people play?
>>
>>381633160
No, I don't watch youtube or twich streams or let's plays. It's the worst thing to happen to gaming.
What was wrong with just watching plain walk throughs in case you got stuck? You should be playing vidya instead of watching other people do that you moron.
>>
File: 1492329969088.png (126KB, 690x632px) Image search: [Google]
1492329969088.png
126KB, 690x632px
>>381633160
Watching lets plays because you like the youtuber is fine. Watching a lets play just to experience a game is pants on head retarded tho. What the fuck, op.
>>
>>381633160
Life is strange, LA Noire, The walking dead season 1, the wolf among us and catherine
>>
>>381634840
>>381633160
redit
>>
>>381633160
images and footage show realistic girl, in the end we got some ps2 graphic game...that is butte...life is strange
>>
>>381633993
I'll do it if I like the story but hate the gameplay. I was really into the story of the Last of Us but the gameplay was so fucking bad I couldn't play it, so I watched a let's play and didn't feel like I missed any of the experience.
>>
>>381635345
Same, can't wait to watch part 2
>>
I've watched my brother play a shitload of Morrowind. Looks like a lot of fun, but no matter how hard I try I just can't get into it, so I just remain watching instead.
>>
File: 1498248981782.png (663KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498248981782.png
663KB, 640x640px
>>381635345
>>381635484
>>
>>381633160
I like Playerunknown's Battlegrounds even though I've never played it myself.

I have vowed to never buy early access ever again and I'm sticking by my vow.
>>
>>381633160
Everyone seems to agree that life is strange is tumblr bullshit with unlikeable characters, nonsensical story, etc. , yet everyone still loves it, why? I'm not against it at all I just feel like I know waaaaaaay too much of the plot already to get anything out of it.
>>
>>381635897
>Everyone seems to agree

that's where you're wrong, kiddo
>>
>>381635897
>Everyone seems to agree that life is strange is tumblr bullshit
Maybe if you listen to the shitposts. People don't actually dislike it here, it's just that the only people who really talk about it this far after release are the people shitposting about it.
>>
>>381636016
pretty much this. surprisingly v sort of likes it and i love it ive seen a few threads on it already today i lurked them all and joined in with the autism attacks over the fact that QT max is our girl but she isnt real.
>>
If you love it, there's no excuse to not buy it.
>>
Harley stop making threads
>>
>>381636012
>>381636016
If I know about the ending and basic plot shit would you say I should still check it out? I loved the stanely parable(only "walking sim" I've played), and skins(uk, bad kid tv show), if either of those things give any indication of whether I'd like this
>>
>>381636652
This isnt me making these threads im just lurking them off of asshole.
>>
File: 1355727065846.jpg (31KB, 479x382px) Image search: [Google]
1355727065846.jpg
31KB, 479x382px
No.
Fucking millennials. Eat shit and die.
>>
>>381636734
The strongest part of the game is the comfyness and character interactions, so yeah, I'd say its definitely worth it. Knowing the ending won't ruin the experience.
>>
>>381633160
somebody save me please
>>
>>381635870
The game itself is easily worth the $30, but the fact that it's basically a dice roll whether or not you'll even be able to play it makes it not really worth it.
>>
>>381636734
The strongest part of the game is the fact you play as an autistic virgin (actually canon) shy wall flower. so ye its ight you already know the story.
>>
File: 1453213069508.jpg (27KB, 384x383px) Image search: [Google]
1453213069508.jpg
27KB, 384x383px
>>381635897
>Chloe
>unlikeable

OH BOY, HERE WE GO
>>
>>381633160
Anyone have any favorite youtubers or streamers? I recently got into DSP
>>
>>381637237
Chloe is only unlikable if you have no empathy and the emotional depth of a sociopath
>>
>>381637352
Northernlion is objectively the best streamer.
>>
>>381634840
>>381633160
thanks for the recc, tumblr
>>
>>381637360
no I think she's just a stupid bitch
even worse than the MC
also it's not even a game. It's a glorified visual novel.
>>
Regardless of game, I'll never understand the passive act of watching a game rather than playing it itself. The whole point of games is that they are an interactive medium and not something static like a movie. Why not play for yourself?
>>
>>381637352
>DSP
lmao oh fuck off
But legit i sort of like the sw1tch, i haven't watched them in years but im still subbed to them.
>>
>>381637454
I dont use tumblr. But I don't play narrative pick your own games because they bore me to play but excite me to watch.
>>
>>381637237
Chloe does nothing in the games story to justify being a likable character. She only does bad things and takes advantage of her friend Max. Are we supposed to be sympathetic because her step dad is an "asshole"? He's not. He just wants her to not get tattoos, not smoke weed, not get into trouble and go to college. Are we supposed to be sympathetic because she lost her girlfriend? Maybe.

The only reason anyone would like her is if they like the IDEA of her and not the implementation. Just because she has blue hair and a lesbian, the writers assumed we would like her with no evidence.

It's like how the new episodes of Spongebob just think that torturing Squidward is funny, but unlike the previous seasons, it never gives us a reason within the episode to hate Squidward or want to see him be tortured, so we all just cringe and start to sympathize with Squidward. You have to fucking earn it, just like the writers of Life is Strange had to earn it and give us REASONS to like Chloe instead of "she's a lesbian, blue hair lol".
>>
>>381637541
I told my friends I bought a Switch and they were like, "WHY, YOU COULD JUST WATCH REVIEWS" and it's like, nigga, I don't watch Let's Plays. I have to experience the train wreck/great success of the console for myself.
>>
>>381635897
wow its like theres different people on here with different opinions
>>
>>381637608
DSP is pretty entertaining
>>
File: 1495224227787.png (39KB, 296x389px) Image search: [Google]
1495224227787.png
39KB, 296x389px
>>381637531
>>
>>381635897
The same reason DanganRonpa 3 (the anime) was a fucking horrible nightmare. We were excited to see how the devs would fuck it up again and again. It was entertaining to watch that trainwreck, and we love it for how bad it is. Especially Life is Strange, with all of it's plotholes and horrible writing.
>>
>>381637647
How is this what you got from the game? Did you just not pay attention for half of it?
>>
>>381637541
its a cuck thing. you wouldnt understand.
>>
>>381637832
The burden of evidence is on you, nigger. When you make an argument you must:
>POINT
>EVIDENCE
>EXPLAIN

Point: Chloe is an unlikable character.

Evidence: She wants to steal money from a charity, abuses her friend Max's time travel powers, She screams at Max for wanting to answer the phone when her suicidal friend is calling her while they're at the diner together, she disobeys her step-dad, smokes weed and is generally an unlikable bitch.

Explain: All of these things put together make Chloe into an unlikable character. She has all of these negative traits and that's fine, but she doesn't LEARN anything or become a better person. I can't really put it any simpler than that. There isn't anything she does in the game that makes her likable, she never helps Max, she never even helps herself and whenever something goes wrong she blames everyone else. It's not possible to find a character like that likable.
>>
>>381637643
>>381637757
I thought you weren't that invested in this arguement but it seems you are.
I'd lay it all out for you but this topic has been talked to death. So instead I'll link a good summary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A
If you care, watch it all.
>>
>>381638192
I've seen it before and I understand where you are coming from
>>
>>381633821
People have watched other people playing games since the first entertainment systems were brought to home. Watching your sibling play a game is basic shit that many people have enjoyed long before streaming.
>>
>>381633160
No. I play games myself. I don't watch other people play them.

I sometimes watch reviews after I've finished a game though.
>>
SOMA, Telltale GoT, System Shock 2

>>381635897
>Everyone seems to agree

lol stop going to /pol/reddit
>>
File: xyOSaCt.png (36KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
xyOSaCt.png
36KB, 268x237px
>taking the cuck meme so far you cuck yourself out of playing games and just watch from afar as other people have their way with them

This generation z really needs to be gassed asap
>>
>>381638312
okay
and?
>>
>>381633160
i don't really get why people would watch a gameplay of this game instead of playing it
you could say it's because the gameplay is almost non-existent, but at the same time it's all about choices and exploration
>>
>>381637647
>Your dad dies
>Your best friend leaves a day later and never contacts you
>Your mom remarries before your dad's corpse is cold
>Your mom's new husband is a giant flaming faggot with PTSD who thinks he's still at war and you're the enemy
>Your life is shit
>You finally meet a hot new girl who likes to hang out and flirt with you
>You do everything together
>She disappears without a trace
>Nobody cares
>The police do nothing
>You're alone again

Chloe had a hard life.
>>
>>381633821
Do you know how to multitask.
>>
>>381637181
>The game itself is easily worth the $30
No. It isn't.
>>
Maybe Soma. I put a random stream during lunch to see if it was worth buying. Ended just watching the guy finish the whole game. Didn't buy it, so I guess Atlus has the right idea(?)
>>
>>381638983
No real talk though the part with chloe randomly losing rachel hit me hard, like rachel seemed like a shady bitch who was actually using chloe behind her back and going off with punk ass drug dealers.
I actually felt for Chloe in that moment.
>>
>>381638983
Okay, I just watched part of a video and forgot the part where Chloe kills a guy who she owes money to. What the fuck. It doesn't matter what the fuck you say at this point, Chloe killed a person. She's irredeemable.
>>
>>381633160
I watched an entire play through of Conker L&R by someone who deleted their youtube because I loved conker BFD and I enjoyed his voice/small commentary....9 years ago. It's a shame those videos are lost in time. I think his name was like Wayworm or something.
>>
>>381633160
Why would I cuck myself out of a game experience and watch another person play a game.
>>
>>381639319
Chloe never kills anybody when you play the game right.
>>
File: Jerry_Seinfeld.jpg (22KB, 358x447px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry_Seinfeld.jpg
22KB, 358x447px
>>381639319
That is preventable and even redo able if you actually know how to play the game.
Dont believe everything that life is tumblr video tells you because half the shit the guy bitches about is him unhappy that the characters are flawed people and its up to your personality if you like them or not.
>>
File: ray moo.png (27KB, 885x428px) Image search: [Google]
ray moo.png
27KB, 885x428px
touhou
>>
>>381639807
SOURCE, NIGGA.

I've always wanted to play a game where sex is gamified like this.
>>
>>381640050
eratohok
there's a general up for it on the /hgg/ board on the other chan
enjoy, it's literally the most complex and dynamic simulation of sex I've ever seen in a fap game
>>
>>381638712
ironic that you literally play as a cuckoldress in the game too
>>
>>381638983
First off, the only thing David did wrong was leave his guns so heavily unsecured.

He saves your life despite you giving him shit all game, which is more than Chloe ever did.

He was the only one working towards solving the case of her missing friend.

Her life was only shit because she let it get taht way. She could've studied harder and stayed in school, not get mixed up with lesbian crack whores and blame all her problems on Max and her dead dad.

I'm just glad we'll get to see her die horribly again if we "accidentally" fuck up in the next game.
>>
>>381641296
and that my friend is the whole point of the game.
The right wing vet with ptsd is the hero
the liberal left wing teacher is the guy who's been rape murdering and obsessing over high school girls purity.
Its actually a fucking amazing story. It teaches people to not trust who you should conventionally trust and watch out for those you do.
It doesnt take the "toxic masculinity" route.
Just that little thing alone makes the game amazing.
>>
>>381642627
ohhhhh
It's a shill thread.
Gotcha. I'm really slow at noticing these things.
>>
>>381643447
Bump
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.