[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biggest problem with the game so far is that everything looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: concern.png (145KB, 360x490px) Image search: [Google]
concern.png
145KB, 360x490px
Biggest problem with the game so far is that everything looks horribly easy. The bosses are easy, the platforming is easy, everything is easy as fuck.

Making mario's health unreplenishable with coins and only rare hearts is a nice step up, but everything else looks horribly casualized.

We've seen extensive gameplay of three worlds, with none of them even being the tutorial area (the black and white hat kingdom). I have no doubt the game will be good but damn does it look like a cakewalk.
>>
Because you're playing dead smack at the beginning, retard. No shit it's going to be easy at the start.
>>
I'm guessing the core game itself will be fairly easy to keep the kids happy and engaged, but the secret puzzles and bonus challenges will be quite tricky. The main game will focus on the core mechanics while all the extra stuff will require you to take the mechanics you've mastered and combine them in new and interesting ways.
>>
>>381631665
The main game will probably be relatively easy, all the insane challenge will be in optional areas that you have to find thus making 100% pretty hard
>>
Mayro isn't ment to be tricky. Anything that would be difficult to you would likely be frustrating to a child. At best there might be movement mechanics to go quickly if you like a personal challenge of doing levels for clear times.
>>
Mario's intended for children

Anyway, I'm thankful they finally dropped the Life mechanic after 30 fucking years. Took them long enough to realize it didn't add anything
>>
>>381631665
you do realize this is a mario, a game intended for exploration, adventure and fun

not Dark Souls or Bayonetta
>>
>>381631665
How long did it take for 64 to even get mildly challenging? Like 14 worlds in?
>>
>Go to X
>Enter short platforming stage
>Get Moon

More of this shit should be part of the main map like in 64.
>>
When's the last time you played any of the other mario games? Probably easy as fuck now compared to what it was back then.
>>
The only hard Mario games are JP SMB2 and maybe Galaxy 2.
>>
>>381633031
It is though? The entire middle of the desert stage is one big platforming section. Also there's like 30-50 moons in each stages. They don't want to make the levels to big so they make separate mini stages
>>
It's Mario. The last 3D Mario wasn't difficult until the very last level.
>>
>>381631665
You're describing literally every mario game
>>
>need phd in physics to play super mario 64
>"""easy"""

TJ "Henry" Yoshi pls go
>>
>>381631665

WHOA CRICKEY MATES

THIS HERE IS KNOWN AS A BLIND SHITPOSTER

WHO DIDNT WATCH ANY OF THE FOOTAGE AT E3 AND JUDGED EVERYTHING BY THE CASUAL STREAMERS

RETARDED THIS ONE HE IS
>>
>>381631665

I dropped this game as soon as I saw there's no fall damage.
>>
If you paid attention to any of the actual gameplay and people who played the fucking game (Hint: Not you), they tell you that there were challenging platform parts

the devs themselves even said that they are trying to make this game pretty difficult
>>
File: 1449030852057.jpg (74KB, 498x497px) Image search: [Google]
1449030852057.jpg
74KB, 498x497px
>>381631665

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/super-mario-odyssey-is-on-the-core-side-like-super/1100-6446935/

>Miyamoto said that over the Mario franchise's 30-year history, the difficulty level and target audience of Mario games has bounced around. Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine were aimed at the core crowd, Miyamoto said, while Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel were made to appeal to a wider audience. Odyssey will return to the 3D Mario franchise's roots in that it's "a little more on the core side."

>"So we've been making Mario games for over 30 years, and through that process, we've made changes to the games. Some games tended to be a little bit harder, and a little bit harder to play, and then so we teeter back to make it accessible to all kinds of gamers, and then we go back the other way," Miyamoto explained. "It's been kind of a give and take in that way."

Nothing to worry about

Literally no flaws that isnt grasping
>>
>>381637472
>Galaxyfags confirmed casual shitters
BTFO BY MIYAMOTO HIMSELF
>>
>>381631665

>Platforming is easy

Did you not see the sky portion of the desert where a lot of different laser rings trigger as you go on?

Your judging too easy, how about you go read actual writings about the game
>>
File: 1493123366140.jpg (76KB, 680x677px) Image search: [Google]
1493123366140.jpg
76KB, 680x677px
For anyone who hasn't gotten the memo yet, easy games like SotN and BotW are a good way of getting the masses to recognize when you've made a genre-defining blockbuster.
If you think that having to retry a level or a boss battle has any value, you are the 1% and it's that simple.
Getting to move around a good-looking world, find secrets, listen to music, and be the hero in the end is enough for most people, as long as the combat is responsive enough that it feels like you're doing something, even though you were at no risk of losing.
>>
>nintendo
>hard
>ever

L⭕⭕⭕⭕⭕⭕⭕⭕L
>>
>>381638064
>For anyone who hasn't gotten the memo yet, easy games like SotN and BotW are a good way of getting the masses to recognize when you've made a genre-defining blockbuster.
What about Dark Souls? I know its not actually that hard but thats the main selling point of it
>>
>>381631665
Mario games have always been incredibly easy for the most part. Everything required to beat the game is always pretty easy, while there is optional content in the form of special/challenge worlds available which dip into difficult territory.
>>
>>381638064
This is actually pretty good insight, but can't there be something that's in between souls games and the easiest of casual games?
Like I agree that most games these days can be played once through without getting a single 'game over' but can't there be something maybe a few steps above that that doesn't leave you feeling overly frustrated?
>>
>>381638779
>>>381638064
>This is actually pretty good insight, but can't there be something that's in between souls games and the easiest of casual games?
>Like I agree that most games these days can be played once through without getting a single 'game over' but can't there be something maybe a few steps above that that doesn't leave you feeling overly frustrated?

Have you seen the average streamer's playing ability these days? If these fags can;t even complete the N-Sane Trilogy what chance would they have with a actually hard Mario game?
>>
>>381633937
The last 3D Mario was garbage and an outlier.
>>
>>381631665
Hey, newfag, guess what? ALL MARIO GAMES ARE EASY.

Your argument is now invalid and you are reeking of insecurity, for I know you are nothing more than a lowly Sony Pony who is mad that the Switch is outselling their shit stain of a console.

Stay salty.
>>
>casualized Mario
lol
>>
>>381632531
>dropped the Life mechanic
what happens when you die now? just reboot from save?
>>
>>381642465
You lose 10 coins and restart from the last checkpoint
>>
>>381642465
You lose coins. It's only like 10 so I can;t see it being a problem unless there's something as terrible as the Toxic river from Sunshine in there.
>>
>>381641714
>calls someone newfag
>doesn't know about the original mario 2
>>
File: Still Rock and Roll to Me.gif (2MB, 446x324px) Image search: [Google]
Still Rock and Roll to Me.gif
2MB, 446x324px
>>381642598
Lost Levels is literally one game from over 30 years ago out of a plethora of games that are easy enough for children to play

Anybody who says Mario has been or should be hard using Lost Levels as a defense has no argument
>>
>>381633081
>tfw still can't beat the grandmaster galaxy
>>
>>381642710
>ALL MARIO GAMES ARE EASY.
>e-except that one!
>gosh I hope they don't find out I'm only 12
>>
>>381642764
>tfw beat grandmaster galaxy, even on the perfect run, but still haven't beaten champion's road
>>
>>381642831
That one from 30 years ago, Anon

It's the exception, not the norm. Quit being a faggot
>>
File: pepe_tears_in_rain.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_tears_in_rain.gif
2MB, 696x478px
Super Mario Maker has hard levels.. i know because I made some.
I miss hard Mario, bros
>>
>There will never be a Mario Game as infuriatingly non-kaizo evil as The Second reality Project 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVPl1j6naDQ
>>
The difficulty will be the same as any Mario Platformer released since sunshine : easy enough to finish it, challenging enough to complete it/

All I want is for there to be a bonus moon if you finish the main route of a level without using cappy
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.