[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any hope for this series anymore? 1-3 were amazing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: Syphon_Filter_USA.jpg (770KB, 1193x1069px) Image search: [Google]
Syphon_Filter_USA.jpg
770KB, 1193x1069px
Is there any hope for this series anymore?

1-3 were amazing.
Omega strain was trash
The PSP to ps2 ports of logans shadow and dark mirror were an amazing turn in the right direction. And then.... Nothing.

I miss it.
>>
>>381628897
Not to mention, the atmospheric soundtrack.
>>
Nobody remembers...
Fuck :(
>>
I really, really liked the PSP games. I've never played the Ps1 games though. Are they any better?
>>
>>381628897
*Shoots bad guy with taser*
>>
File: 1494872294931.jpg (33KB, 402x416px) Image search: [Google]
1494872294931.jpg
33KB, 402x416px
>>381628897
>Omega Strain was trash

FIGHT ME
>>
>>381628897
>siphon filter
>wild 9
>omega boost

Where has gaming gone?
>>
I really digged those awful voice acting and bad cg
you all know mara did nothing wrong
>>
Didn't they kill it like 5 years ago? Or has there been new games I didn't know about? I've only ever played the first one on PS1 and it was fucking amazing but never got around getting the PS2 games.
>>
>>381628897
What was that one where you started at a hotel, went up to your room, grabbed some guns in the bathroom and sniped a bunch of niggas in the other building across the street and escape? I used to play that one all the time when I was younger.
>>
>>381636637
Which one are you referring to? The first one you start out on a road with police cars blocking your way so you have to go through back alleys and you're shooting guys off the top of buildings and shit, you eventually end up in an underground subway station and a bomb goes off. It was a lot of fun.
>>
It's dead. The developers are making Days Gone.
>>
>>381636637
the third one
it's a mission on a chinese hotel
>>
>>381628897
did PS1 games have the best covers or what?
>>
>>381628897
the psp to ps2 ports weren't a step in the right direction, they were mediocre third person shooters.

I'd love this to return but it would require a very clever director to capture the atmosphere and charm of the ps1 trilogy and to transfer it two decades in the future that is today.
>>
>>381628897
>Omega strain was trash

how dare you
>>
>>381638384
it was literally multiplayer only bullshit with tacked on single player mode that was shit. you clearly didn't play the previous games.
>>
>>381638008
You're right. Thanks, anon.

>>381629126
I remember being creeped out by it. Like, itd just constantly keep me on the edge.
>>
>>381628897
being dropped into the middle of a battle between two rival terrorist armies

Holy shit there are like 8 bad guys on the screen at once
>>
>>381637019
That shit was fun as fuck. Based fucking taser was the weapon to end all weapons man.
>>
>>381630451
I had the first level on a demo disc and played the fuck out of it until I could get some money together to buy it. Not all of us are young fucks, friend
>>
>>381628897
This is the game, never managed to get far cause I had borrowed the game from friend and he wanted it back next day.
>>
>those air taser death screams
>>
Aside from emulation where can I get these games? I played the shit out of 1 and 2 but never beat them. I think I got up to the prison level in 2 and then I don't remember where it went.
>>
File: yes_morrigan.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
yes_morrigan.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
the best part of the syphonfilter franchise is when they, despite having an awful control motions and limited visuals, there was lots of parts when you had to use your head to advance some parts like when you had to remenber you had a flashlight to use on a dark area and to save the hostage without killing the hijacker you had to shoot his gun
this on a game old as fuck
>>
>>381645515
PS Store for PS3 and PSP.
>>
>>381630532
The PSP games kick the shit out of the PS1 entries to the point where they're in their own league.
>>
>have taser
>shoot guy
>keep it down
>it sets him on fire
>>
>>381645928
The mission in 2 where Logan escapes the helicopter and has to go through the tunnels on the bridge is my absolute favorite. That night-vision part and the flamethrower? Fun as fuck.
>>
Should I get the first one on my Vita? Wanna give them a try.
>>
>>381645447
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOfSKvTn9p4

Love it!
>>
>>381646337
First one has aged pretty badly. Shitton of input lag and animation priority.
>>
Omega strain made me violently ill it was so shit. The series went downhill hard after the original ps1 games
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btcXN6Zoqrw

1 was a bit primitive looking but fun even though a bit difficult

2 was getting on my nerves with all the damn stealth involved, like holy shit half the game is played using stealth or running for things.

3 was amazing, varied missions that didnt drag-on if you knew what you were doing, decent difficulty, not TOO much stealth sections.

I played the PSP ones too, they were alright but it felt weird for me having to hear Gabe in a different voice. I liked the little throwback speech in one of these.

Teresa is bae
>>
Gabe Logan >>>> Max Payne >>> Solid Snake >>>>> Jack Slate from Dead to Rights >>>>>>> condom full of shit and semen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sam Fisher
>>
>>381647352
i dont think gabe could beat snake kill a faster tank than gabe
>>
>>381647794
>>
>>381647352
Why so much hate for fisher
>>
>>381647352
>Fisher that low
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKDgXJ22Rmw
>>
1 and 2 are my favorite PS1 games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI10urg3_bk
>>
File: 1295894314208.jpg (22KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1295894314208.jpg
22KB, 333x500px
>>381629126
Bass+synth makes really good spy/contemporary music. Fuck it's such a cool theme too. We need more games with this setting like Alpha Protocol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjCu-ATjuOI

>>381631803
It was fun and super original for it's time. A mix of Monster Hunter-eske grinding with speed-running. Really weird. But not really a Syphon Filter game.
>>
>>381649161
Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist aren't good Splinter Cell games, but god damn are they fun as fuck on their own.
>>
>>381629126
GET THIS DOOR OPEN __NOW__
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7bmLGKPLDo
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.