[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was a kid I had a strategy guide for Ocarina of Time that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

When I was a kid I had a strategy guide for Ocarina of Time that was written like a story. So instead of saying "then go through the door to your right" it would say "then Link went through the door to his right".

I can't remember what it looked like though, does this sound familiar to anyone? Also, were there other strategy guides of the era written in a similar fashion?
>>
I remember the guide to Earthbound was written like a travel guide.
>>
>>381622363
You were a fan fiction.net reader

This means your gay
>>
File: IMG_4436.jpg (199KB, 725x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4436.jpg
199KB, 725x1000px
>>381622363
Final Fantasy had something like this by Nintendo Power
>>
i had a MGS strategy guide included in a game magazine and i read it every day. never even had a PS1
>>
>>381623487
if you can point me to the issue that'd be awesome dude.
>>
>>381623287
This was before my family had our first computer. It was definitely a real, physical strategy guide that my dad bought from the store
>>
Your pic is what you're looking for. Nintendo Power did a lot of their guides like that back then.

The strategy guide for Morrowind (both vanilla and goty) is not like that, but it is sassy. Same with the Lunar strategy guides.
>>
EGM? I dunno. I only ever bought the Nintendo Power official guides and I don't think they wrote in this style.
>>
>>381623850
Says it in the corner of that pic, 17th issue
That whole issue was just a guide for FF1
>>
>>381624113
Oh shit, really? That was just the first one to come up in google images. That does sound like something Nintendo Power would do, and fits with some of the responses from other anons. Thanks, dude! Off to ebay to find a cheap one for the memories
>>
the CBFD guide is funnier than the game. It's written like an in-universe survival guide with notes written by Conker in the margins, but occasionally the "writer" of the guide will go off on tangents about his shitty job and his life, typically in the middle of blocks of text. I wish there was a PDF of it online but I could never find one.
>>
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga and Paper Mario TTYD had similarly well written strategy guides that did their best to be snarky while staying informative.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.