[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally gave in and got it on steam, is the single player at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: CoverArt-GTAV.png (1MB, 819x1004px) Image search: [Google]
CoverArt-GTAV.png
1MB, 819x1004px
I finally gave in and got it on steam, is the single player at least fun?
I plan on avoiding online
>>
it's fine. just play it.
>>
Just get FiveM if you want to play online.

Don't bother with GTA Online. Not only is it a grindfest, but it also has connectivity issues out the ass.
>>
30 hours of fun, at least.
Helicopter missions are kinda shit.
>>
It's fun to drive around and explore the open world. The early missions are good but the story really drops in quality later on.
The gunplay and arguably the driving are worse than GTA IV as well as the atmosphere and story, the story doesn't know whether to go full saints row 2/San Andreas levels of comical fun or stick to the previous game's serious and realistic tone. I'd say that the humour is pretty good and the radio stations are have some really good songs.
>>
It has pretty good mod support

oh wait
>>
The single player is all about getting rich and manipulating the stock market with the in-game internet. You should look up how to get properly rich cause you can miss out on billions of dollars if you do it wrong.
>>
>>381622306
I had a lot of fun with it. Though if you're a storyfag and you want the whole story behind the characters, the storytelling philosophy is a bit unique in this game. You're gonna have to have at least a little autism; absolutely everything must be done to find out everything. You have to pay attention to main missions, side activities, even innocuous ones, Strangers missions, hangouts, both sober and drunken, at multiple points in the story with all possible friends (an hour of extra dialogue is missable if you don't do them), as well as combat and idle dialogue of all three characters. Still, I don't think this is necessary to have fun in the singleplayer, and since that's all you asked, there you go. If you hated IV, you'll probably have fun with V, since it's basically the opposite of IV in pretty much every way.
>>
It's very fun.

Much more fun than GTA IV.
>>
>>381622306
refund it, the game is ruined by that black ghetto thug character, fuckin subhuman trash
>>
The singleplayer is ok but multiplayer is shit, 3D universe games are still better.
>>
>>381622306
Its fun with mods
>>
>>381622494
is FiveM online fun? What can I do?
>>
>>381622306
the game is good but the map is ruined with a lot of mountains wasting space

the story is meh , even in the end the characters dont get a lot of progression, it's more arcade than GTA 4

you have to put attention in the stock market if you want to get all the buildings and some events in the story affect the market
>>
>>381627039
>mountains
>waste
>>
Expect the deepest lore and most mysterious GTA game there is.
>>
>>381622306
Probably the shortest and second most un-fun GTA of all time. GTA 4 is the only bigger piece of shit.
>>
>>381626964
bump
>>
>Want to download FiveM
>You need windows 10 to play it

wtf
>>
>>381622306
Just bought it too and multiplayer is fun if you have friends to play with. Also you have to enjoy grinding (which is easy for me since I play a lot of Warthunder and World of Tanks which are basically only grinds). I feel like the start of online will be the most fun though because the need for money drives you to compete a lot more.
>>
>>381622306
You know when the game was released?
Well the multiplayer has gotten new cars, new places to be at and loads of stuff like weapons garages buildings etc.
Oh the singleplayer? It's still like it was when the game was released.
>>
>>381631061
except first person wasn't there on release
>>
>>381622306
It's amazing, if You have never played a gta game before.
>>
>>381631151
We're talking about the PC release, not the PS3/360 release.
But then again, even the online on PS3/360 at the time it was released on Xbone/PS4/PC had more content than the singleplayer have today.
>>
>>381622306
it has the same amount of missions as previous gta's but feels shorter as you're burning through them quick.
>>
>>381622306
>I plan on avoiding online

You're going to have fun then. The single-player is actually pretty good.
>>
>>381626145
>i hate gta: san andreas
>>
Did Rockstar reinstat mod support? I'll buy it if the crazy mods are available.
>>
File: 1298536727653.jpg (23KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
1298536727653.jpg
23KB, 311x311px
>>381631656
>did rockstar reinstate mod support
>>
Here's a tangentially related question maybe one of you guys can answer. Last year or so Rockstar reprinted Red Dead with the "Xbox One and Xbox 360" branding and put it in an Xbone case. Do any of you guys know it this reprint comes with the physical manual and poster like the original? I had gotten rid of my copy and got a hankering to do another play now that it runs better on the Xbone.
>>
>>381622306
No, the story is the worst one so far.
>>
>>381632061
Bought that a few days ago, no manual but comes with an xboxhueg map of the game. Was not expecting GTA in the wild west to be that good but damn, it is fucking great.
>>
>>381632276
Thanks for the response. Never played it before? You're gonna love it. Great game.
>>
>>381622306
>is the single player at least fun
well i don't know, depends on your tastes i guess, i found it disappointing compared to previous entries, the whole thing felt rushed and incomplete, especially the ending mission

>less missions than previous entries (69 missions, but if you remove the filler shit, there's like ~60 missions)
>elaborate missions are either heist setups or Michael Bay tier shit (also there's like 4 heists)
>physics and car damage are heavily downgraded, either because of the previous gen toasters or their new shiny money printing multiplayer (complicated physics just don't blend well with MP because of the huge number of variables that needs to be handled by the server so that all players participating see the same shit happening; also car damage is on par with SA which is bullshit, probably a design decision related to MP too)
>the 3 character shit is a meme, they should have stuck to one properly written character instead of 3 underdeveloped bozos (the black guy jumps from hoodlum to Michael's apprentice in like three missions, finds his nemesis in one mission and never meets him again until the end where you have to kill him)
>you have stats like in SA, but they don't mean shit, don't know why they even bothered
>the city is small as fuck, jumps from one district to another: industrial area->nigger town->downtown->rich neighborhood without any effort
>the map is just one major "city" with boring wilderness filler surrounding it
>police is terminator tier, has perfect aim, doesn't patrol anymore it just spawns out of thin air at your location, when bumping into you there's a very large chance they'll fuck your shit up since the game is programmed in their favor
>almost no interiors, can't enter fast food shops
>pedestrians die after a sucker punch or shot to the toenail
>>
>>381631852
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1496679368836.gif (884KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1496679368836.gif
884KB, 375x304px
>>381626145
>>
You're bound to find money droppers in no time hanging around populated GTAO lobbies
>>
Online is trash as fuck

mindless grind for money to get things that help you grind more money so that you can upgrade all your weapons into superpowered explosive rifles. After 6 centuries of grinding you'll unlock everything whilst some guy who cheated got 60 bazillion dollars and bought everything day one, and who cares if he gets banned because he'll just buy another account and do it again, the time you save doing that as opposed to actually grinding makes that actually viable since the game goes on sale all the time and rockstar is shit at detecting menus. They do a sweep every few months and the menu developers update their shit the next day, so the game has been swarming with hackers for years and they seem to get more and more powerful and invasive. They were able to drain your account funds and lower your level recently.

It's just a fucking mess don't bother. Singleplayer is good for that classic gta mayhem fun, but it gets old. There's some mods you can play with I guess, has a bit of that san andreas vibe when you do that, just avoid the jewstar cashgrind or if you're interested buy a menu and get everything without grinding, the time you save doing this as opposed to grinding is actually better economically.

As a new player coming in, you're facing max level players who just recently got even more powerful hardware, so that on top of the hackers and you'll just be ruthlessly crushed everywhere you do since people in this community are cutthroat.
>>
>>381636963
this is why im asking if people here play FiveM but for some reason everyone ignores it.

Is it a meme to ignore fiveM posts or something? someone explain to me

I thougth we finally have SAMP days back on gta5 but the people in this thread seem to care more about cockstars shark card shit

im confused
>>
>>381631656
No, but they told Take-Two to fuck off with going after OpenIV legally. The only reason to buy GTA V right now are for mods, and we're not going to see those return unless Take-Two realizes they screwed up big-time.
>>
>>381636963
how do I cheat and not get caught?
>>
>>381622306
franklin is a failed CJ
michael is the best of the three but his development feels rushed
trevor is le wacky angry man

also you cant enter to 70% of the city buildings
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.