[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Borderlands TPS really as bad as people say? It's already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Is Borderlands TPS really as bad as people say? It's already installed on my HD and I liked BL 2, but the crushing negative reviews are making me consider trying something else.

Is it just rated low because people think it is full of SJW propoganda? That stuff doesn't bother me
>>
I don't think it's worth having over 1 since it's the same thing just shorter iirc.
Also no GOTY edition blows ass.
>>
It's mechanically more of the same, but the level design is worse and there's not as much content.
>>
>>381618652
I've gone through all three of em and their dlc. It just feels weird in comparison, the surroundings are off, the characters just feel...off? It's really a weird thing to explain, like the oxygen and anti gravity system that is a constant thing.
>>
>boring areas where the objective is loop around to turn on a switch to open a door, which happens multiple times
>legendary drops tied to unique quest enemies that only spawn once
>vehicles are fucking terrible
>beginning gives the vague appearance of starting off strong, but it takes at least 15 minutes to get to the main world due to tons of cutscenes
>obscenely boring and unmemorable quests, only interesting one being how Hammerlock migrated threshers from the moon to Pandora
>the best weapons in the game are quest lasers
>the only farmable boss in the game had its drop rates nerfed significantly
>no point at all in running through older areas again, similar problem to 3
>the game is overall slow as shit
Like if I really wanted to I could force myself to play through BL2 again, but with TPS I make it up to an hour before getting so fucking bored and turning it off. SJW writing, which there is a lot of, doesn't even scratch the surface of issues I have with that pile of garbage.
>>
>>381618652
Yes.
>>
>>381618652

Mechanically, I found it slightly better than two - ice is a nice addition and more useful than slag, virticality and butt-stomping are nice additions to combat, though some people argue the zero gravity environments make it seem a bit slower, which I guess is arguable. You can tell they tampered with the scaling so it doesn't go too overboard past endgame, but there lies the biggest problem with the Pre-Sequel, the lack of post-game content.

I could probably say more but other than that though, it's basically a glorified expansion for two.
>>
It's so fucking boring. The Borderlands formula in general is really stale at this point.
>>
>>381618652
TPS is boring and unnecessary.
Ice, O2 kits, the grinder, and vertical level design are nice but most of it is reused assets from 2 but with A LOT more talking.
>>
Borderlands:I'm Gay Edition
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.