[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the Metro games should I play the original versions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
With the Metro games should I play the original versions or the redux versions?
>>
Original

Redux versions butcher the lighting.
>>
>>381618469

Redux only 2033

Last light choose original
>>
Original for both.
>>
>>381618469

Original for Metro 2033, the redux version is a dumbed down console port.

For Last Light I think they are the same just with DLC included so it doesn't matter.
>>
Original 2033 has better technology (enemies have armor plates that you have to pierce in certain places and there is volumetric smoke)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV3xP8-4BRs

Decide for yourself
>>
>>381618469
This game has powers or perks like Bioshock or is just guns?
>>
>>381618469
Just make sure you play on ranger mode.
>>
>>381618469
Redux runs a lot of better than the original, even on modern cards like the GTX 1070
>>
>>381618826
Because redux has no lighting or smoke.
>>
Which ever version you pick, play on Ranger Hardcore. Don't be a bitch, bitch.
>>
>>381618634
LITERALLY the opposite
>>
>>381619213
I never have enough ammo for the amoeba section and have to lower the difficulty. I don't plan well.
>>
Original for both
Ranger Hardcore difficulty
Trust me, it's the way they're supposed to be experienced.
>>
>>381618469
redux, runs better and has polished stealth mechanics. original 2033's stealth was miserable.

i didn't notice the lighting change, but I believe what everyone's saying so idk
>>
>>381620360
>polished stealth
All they did was remove the knife to make a one button attack like in Call of Duty and remove glass crunching on the floor. If you had a problem with stealth you probably just had the volume too low to hear the glass. Look at the ground before moving.
>>
Someone, please >>381618779 ?
>>
you can't even get the originals anymore can you?
>>
Doesn't 2033 Redux remove all the volumetric lighting? I assume it runs better, but it looks worse.

There's probably zero difference between Last Light and LL Redux. LL sucks anyway. They turned this into a console shooter. Expect the new one to be the same.
>>
>>381618469
Original. The redux makes alot of game mechanics easier. Makes stealth retard easy, and gives you A contextual takedown button instead of a melee key.
>>
>>381618779
Guns.
>>
>>381621117
no, it's a realistic post apocalyptic game
>>
>>381621856
>>381621858
Thank you!
>>
>>381618469
The original runs like such complete fucking garbage that it's not even worth trying.
>>
>>381622602

I get 255 fps on Metro 2033 original. I have a 1080 and an i7 6700k.
>>
>>381619213
Except that the game doesnt teach you the fucking buttons and you can't look it up in the controlls, so you have to switch to a lower difficulty to even get a grip on the controlls
>>
>>381623168
I'm pretty sure the game did allow custom keybinds
>>
>>381618469
Original for 2033, Last Light really doesn't matter, it's not as good as the Original First Game.

Redux is a shit though.
>>
>>381618469
>mfw this is the first metro thread since e3

reee

just finished the first one yesterday and the second one today to get me ready for the end of next year

>tfw khan unlocks artyoms final form and becomes mystic artyom or is revealed to be the ancient evil in human disguise
>tfw anna drives the I'm ovulating right now express
>tfw new ammo types for weapons along side new mods
>tfw modding your gun in the field instead of town merchants
>tfw the return of dark Hunter
>tfw cucking miller and he can't do anything to stop you from fucking his daughter because he has no legs
>tfw lil dark one returns and will give you see through/aggressive vision
>tfw leaving the metro in general and finding out what happened to the rest of the world
>tfw your MGR are now worthless
>>
>>381620606
They still have glass and they didn't remove the knife? I just played both games in redux. Though you can bump into non static geometry like barrels to get the same thing as glass. I think they might have removed glass from certain locations but its definitely still there. I don't remember being able to walk next to a barrel or pallet and moving it and having that alert nearby enemies though.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.