[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why's it so hard to find one of these on ebay that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Xbox-console.jpg (62KB, 1200x552px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-console.jpg
62KB, 1200x552px
Why's it so hard to find one of these on ebay that doesn't come with ten shitty games I don't want? If I end up buying one of these what should I do with the bonus games?
>>
I've got one of them that i half killed trying to soft mod it, with a mod chip it should be easy to fix to download games on it.

Where are you from? If you can pay the shipment you can have it
>>
>>381617642
Does it play disc games?
>>
>tfw got a working one for only $50 in like january
try amazon
>>
File: Honeyview_20170624_043507.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Honeyview_20170624_043507.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
>>381617904
Once you modchipped it it will read disks no problem, i have another one which i decided to modchip directly and i have a copy of DOA 3 and it works flawlessly
>>
>>381617507
If only this post was made just a few days earlier, I just sold mine, unmodded, two type s controllers, halo 1 and 2 with all halo 2 dlc. Sorry to hear about the struggle anon.
>>
>>381617642
Is it that hard to softmod it?
>>
>>381618670
>only $50
You got ripped off, actually.
>>
>>381617507
Have you tried Craigslist or OfferUp in your local area? Got one for $25 and I just need to mod it if only the disc drive worked .
>>
>>381618991
>>381617642
>modchip
why? just use the splinter cell exploit. I did and it worked fine and was easy.
>>
>>381619209
came with a controller and all of it cords and stuff. I don't feel ripped off.
>>
>>381619093
It was pretty annoying, there was something about unplugging the hard disk while the xbox was on or something, i don't remember tho i was pretty young when i tried it first time.
>>381619262
I don't know really, i think i just wanted to get done with it and i was studying electronics back then so i felt like it was cool i had to solder on the motherboard
>>
>>381617507
Play them.
>>
How are you guys killing these via softmod? I can softmod an OG Xbox with a controller port-to-USB cord, a USB drive, and Mechassault in under 5 mins., which is a blessing considering old hotswap softmods of the past

Also, check your local Goodwill or Salvation Army, there's a good chance it'll just be the Xboxen itself with a drive that doesn't open/close without smacking it, but the accessories are easy enough to get online, and USB transfer of games via the cord will work fine, and the base 10/20GB drive alone will be fine for 3-4 games at a time

Make sure you open it up to dust out and check for a leaky cap before getting attached to it, and cleaning the heatsinks and throwing MX-4 on them will make it run 5-8 degrees cooler. A new ATA100 cable also improves loading speeds somewhat

I did a lot of old Xbox shit back in the day, ask me shit
>>
File: 1459270053803.jpg (8KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1459270053803.jpg
8KB, 250x238px
>buy modded xbox
>2 weeks later MS announces OG Xbox backwards compatibility with games running better on xbox one
>>
>>381619542
it was the hotswapping method that killed it, it gives me an error message about not recognizing the hard drive at boot, is there any way to salvage it now?
>>
>>381617507
Donate them to a Children's/St. Jude Hospital?
>>
>>381619542
Is there any way to install XBMC and keep the classic dashboard? Or maybe make it look like the 360's blades
>>
>>381619676
I doubt they'll bother adding compatibility for anything even somewhat niche this happened to me too, and this is how I deal with my buyer's remorse
>>
>>381619676
I wouldn't count on all the games being Xbone compatible, especially some of SEGA's exclusives.
>>
>>381619676
>not all games will be supported
>have to buy an xbone that costs way more just to play xbox games
not like the xbone has good exclusives
>>
Keep them and give them to the first person who asks.
>>
File: mc360___xbmc_skin_by_blackbolt.jpg (392KB, 1196x678px) Image search: [Google]
mc360___xbmc_skin_by_blackbolt.jpg
392KB, 1196x678px
>>381619694
Depending on what stage you were on, probably not, at least without dedicating way more effort than needed in comparison to just grabbing another Xbox. The risk with hotswap methods is that if something fucks with the HD key and system partitions, you generally have a permalocked drive

>>381619906
Newer versions of XBMC4XBOX should have an option to have UnleashX boot XBMC as a dashboard at startup, and MC360 is still the go-to Blade skin

https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=77
>>
>>381620123
I already own one and it's my main system anyway
>>
>>381619093
>>381619403
having done it no it really, really isn't hard at all. Just follow the guide and don't be a little bitch. I remember it being a bit time consuming, but that's it.

I'm sure there are videos that step by step show everything.
>>
>>381617507
reminder to remove your clock capacitor before it's too late.
>>
Also, this is my recommended fuck-up free softmod method

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/easiest-way-to-softmod-an-original-xbox-usb-noob-friendly.1090166/

It doesn't give you the final UnleashX though, so just throw the XBE files onto a USB stick and FTP them into your current UnleashX directory

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/tools/unleashx-ver0390528a-last-official/
>>
>>381619676
You would have to either own every game you wanted to play or buy them on their virtual shop, so don't feel too bad. That is, unless you spent some absurd amount on it instead of just modding it yourself you lazy frogposter.
>>
Just hit up your mom and pop place probably cost the same when you factor in shipping and it's cozy af.
>>
>>381617507
>tfw paid $5 for the Halo edition Xbox with the jelly as fuck clear green case
>>
>>381620090
And what the hell is even the point if you can't play Jet Set Radio Future
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.