[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about getting Dawn of War 3 on the Steam Sale,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I'm thinking about getting Dawn of War 3 on the Steam Sale, but people say it's bad so I thought about number 2, but some people say that 1 and 3 are way better than 2. Which Dawn of War game should I get? Or should I skip them completely and just go with Total War: Warhammer?
>>
>>381615131
Total War: Warhammer my dude.
>>
>>381615131
>1
Good RTS to muck around in. Don't expect anything overly amazing (outside of some of the dialogue), but it's good if you like RTS
>2
Squad-based Tactical Strategy. Much less traditional RTS than 1, for better or worse. A lot more micro with fewer units and smaller armies. Fantastic singleplayer though.
>3
Due to lots of issues going through development (Primarily to do with THQ's bankruptcy), the weakest in the series. It's not necessarily 'bad', but in almost no way did it live up to the hype outside of Imperial Knight Equivalents. People who cry MOBA, while partially justified, are still retarded.
>>
>>381615131
Its a game that acts like its in early access even tho its a full release. They just now releases annihilation mode, while it dramatically improves the game theres only 1 map that really works for it and it should have been included in the start

It still has heavy balance issues despite heavy patching which is still ongoing. The game released in a subpar state and suffered heavily for it

I wouldnt pay any more than 20 since you're essentially buying into early access even though it doesnt say
>>
>remove sync kills
>remove cover
>remove dynamic cover
>give knife ears shield
WHY THE FUCK YOU WOULD DO THAT?
>>
>>381616303
Blame the faggots that wanted larger armies. Dawn of war 2 emulated tabletop perfectly and now we got this game that doesnt know if it wants to be an RTS or a MOBA
>>
>>381615131
Dawn of War 1 is the best rts.
Dawn of War 2 is a decent rts with a great campaign and a cool minigame. It's probably the most thoughtful of the trio, but there's really no opportunity to enjoy this thoughtfulness.
Dawn of War 3 is some kind of weird RTS-lite MOBA chimera.
Dawn of War 3 is barebones as fuck. Wait for all of its inevitable expansions to come out.
>>
>>381616303
>give knife ears shield
>give knife ears shield
>give knife ears shield
Fuck?
>>
If you buy #3 you are going to get 3 races to play as.

If you buy #2 you will get 5 races. Plus you will get The Last Stand

If you buy #1 and its expansion packs you get 9 races.

You will get MUCH more value out of #1 and #2. Don't touch #3 until a few expansions have come out and it gets some races to play as.

That is my advice. Buy #1 and #2 . Also, if Space Marine is on sale it is worth playing.
>>
File: 1394903896455.png (693KB, 600x2139px) Image search: [Google]
1394903896455.png
693KB, 600x2139px
>>381615131
I agree with >>381615992. The release of annihilation mode and adding turrets both drastically improved gameplay, but the game is still lacking.

Honestly, I enjoy the game and the gameplay, but it's hard to recommend out of hand. If we continue receiving content like this, it'll be well on its way to a good game.

>Which Dawn of War game should I get?
In my opinion, 1 is the very best modded or modded. I played them all in release order (but no multiplayer) and SS ended up being my favorite.

The Ultimate Apocalypse Mod for SS is easily the best way to play the game. However, I recommend the 1.73.9 version, not anything 1.8 or later.

(Found at http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-apocalypse-mod/downloads)

1.8 added a whole lot of cool shit, but things also spiraled too far out of control to be truly fun, and it is often very tedious. 1.73.9 was by far my best experience with UA and even DoW as a whole.

Sending out thousands of free conscripts to their deaths while a hundred Earth-Shaker artillery platforms pound away night and day across the map while the Imperial War Machine fights and dies and gains ground through bloody attrition is an experience like no other.

>Post-game Results
>Units Killed: 3,465
>Units lost: 14,847
>Victory!
>>
>>381616303
>Remove Sync Kills
You mean those things that gave heavy hitting melee units like Avatar and Walkers massive advantages due to giving them multiple seconds of I-frames?
>Remove cover
Technically wrong. Cover may be bubbles now, but it's still cover.
>Remove dynamic cover
DoW1 didn't have it. What's more is that it encourages armies to keep moving and doesn't allow for instant defender's advantage by having them camp out on the Victory Point
>Give Eldar shields
Hit points =/ Meat points. The 'Shield' is a representation of Eldar dodging. Otherwise Mehreens would instantly plaster every squad they shoot at because LolBolters.
>>
OP here. So apparently 3 isnt good at all. Im more of an rts kind of guy, so it sounds like 1 is more to my tastes. That sound right? If thats right, how does 1 stack up to Total War: Warhammer?
>>
>>381618612
First, have you ever played a Total War game before? Because that would explain all the differences at once.
>>
>>381618612
Its completely different.

DoW1 is pretty good, but if you want multiplayer you want either Dark Crusade or Soulstorm. Do not ask which is best though, that's grounds for a flamewar.

Best you look up some gameplay to get a better comparison.
>>
>>381618982
I have not. It seems pretty interesting, but along with the gameplay, how is the multiplayer?
>>
>>381619749
Total War games are more Grand Strategy or x4 than RTS. You have the map screen that you navigate, explore, move units around, etc. on a turn system. Only when two armies attack each other does the game advance into RTS, where you set up your armies on your respective sides and then begin the battle.

It's a very different type of RTS battle than most games, with morale and starting with most of your units already. Look it up on jewtube for more.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.