[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly do Conner apologists see in this one-note passive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1706.png (114KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1706.png
114KB, 320x320px
What exactly do Conner apologists see in this one-note passive aggressive dullard?
>>
File: AC3SP 2016-10-17 16-15-20-38.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AC3SP 2016-10-17 16-15-20-38.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
WHERE IS CHARLES LEE?
>>
>>381614253
he's pretty bland desu
>>
>>381614253

Would've been better off getting raped as a shota right after they burned his village.
>>
>>381614253
WHERE
>>
>>381614253
Asscreed fanboys are edgy autistic teenagers who like parkour and hoods. They adore Conner because they can empathize with angsty faggots with blank facial expressions.
>>
>>381614380
Why is the white guy so cartoony and the brown guy so properly proportioned?
>>
>>381615296
Player character vs one time npc probably.
>>
>>381614253
Because they cut all his character development from the game for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU
>>
How is Ac3? I got it off gold.
>>
>>381615765
its awful
1/3 of the game is tutorial
>>
>>381614253
All Assassin's Creed protagonists are laughably bad. That includes le womanizing reddit italian.
>>
>>381615296
>AC1
Killing European Christians in the Middle East as an Arab.
>AC2, Brotherhood
Killing Italians and Spaniards in Italy as the racemixed kin of an Arab.
>Revelations
Killing mostly Byzantines, presented as evil and a few Turks here and there in conquered Constantinople, but he at least calls it by it's name.
>AC3
Killing white people as a native american.
>AC4
Killing majority white people as a mostly white person.
>Unity
Killing white people as a white person.
>Syndicate
Killing anglos as an anglo.
>Origins
Killing evil white romans and greeks as a black african kang.
>>
>>381614253
fuck Conner, Edward Kenway best guy all the way
>>
Fucking Conor man. It constantly bothered me how the "bad guys" always had decent arguments, and he just went "NU UH" and stabbed them.
>>
>>381615296
Based off of any art from the time period, that's how white people were drawn/painted, so that's what we think of when we imagine a 1700s white American.

Native Americans and other minorities weren't exactly drawn with flattering qualities, so that's why the main character has a more modern and less racist design.
>>
>>381616209
Native Americans in a nutshell.
>>
>>381614253
A flawed character who fucks up even when he's the MC of his game.
Which coming up after Ezio who wins at everything is different and even refreshing.
>>
>>381614253
He's not Ezio-but-worse or a plank of wood and his angry naivete is occasionally endearing
>>
>>381616209
I'm pretty convinced Assassin's Creed 3 was Ubisoft's attempt at killing the franchise, but it sold too well to follow through with the plan. Between being a buggy mess, having a completely unlikeable protagonist, and completely ruining the overarching present-day Desmond plot, it really seems like they just wanted out.
>>
>>381616025
Fuck you, Altair kills everybody. He don't discriminate against mudslimes or christards
Except jews. There are no jews in Jerusalem.
>>
>>381616025
Altair is not Ezio's ancestor. They are two different branches in Desmond's family.
>>
>>381615765
The plot twist at the end of the prologue was good. That's about it
>>
>>381616781
doesn't Mario say that Altair was one of their ancestors
>>
>>381616781
Altair was and will always be a shittest protag in the entire AC series.
>>
>>381616537
More like they tried to make the Templars less obviously retardedly evil and the Assassins less of the good guys. Which was hamfisted and could have used better writing.

Connor was meant to have other games after 3, but they cut some content that would have made him more well rounded and buried everything else. Even outside of the game he fucks up. Which is part of the character, and interesting all of its own.

But what do I know, I find Connor an interesting character, I'm biased
>>381616930
Pretty sure Altair is the branch on Desmond's mother's side while Ezio is on his father's side.
>>
>>381615571
this and also do the homestead missions
makes you actually feel for something
>>
>>381616930
Altair's line is Desmond's mother's, while the Auditores and the Kenways are his father's
>>
File: 1498072297540.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1498072297540.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
WE NEED ANOTHER EZIO GAME

>INB4 WE ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY OF THEM

NO
WE NEED MORE
HIM AND ALTAIR ARE THE ONLY GOOD PROTAGONISTS WITH GOOD TIMEZEONES, DARK AGES AND RENAISSANCE, GOING TO ANY TIME PERIOD BEYOND THAT IS RETARDED.
>>
>>381617570
>Egypt is retarded
Fuck you. I barely know of any games that bother even mentioning the name Egypt. This is my only hope honestly.
>>
>>381617352
lolno.

Purely in terms of getting fucked over by the writing, Connor is. Though I find him better than Ezio.
Edward and Ezio are everything Connor is accused to be - one note and dullards.
Shay is perhaps even worse, but he's a one off, a side story. And every character in Rogue is terrible. Including Haytham, who is nowhere near as fun as he is in AC3

But the worst protag is Desmond. Particularly since he's just a plot device, gets killed before doing anything interesting, and is overall completely useless.

You could argue that AC1 is more a proof of concept than anything else, and that Altair suffers from that. But AC1 remains the game which showed the most potential of them all. At least from those I played - I stopped at Rogue. Maybe Arno or the Frye Twins are worse or better, I dunno.
>>381617570
No.
>>
Daily reminder that Connor was such a bad character that Ubisoft realized no one liked him and ended his story with his wife leaving him and taking the kids and Connor dying alone in a shack.
>>
>>381617570
Oh cool, somewhere I can post my autistic rant against AC3 dumbing down an already dumb franchise.

So you're all familiar with how 3 butchered the free running I assume? Moving it from a right trigger and A hold to just right trigger. Well this was fucking shit because it butchered any complexity an already shallow system had.
I had several world records on both xbox360 and PC for the time trial runs in Brotherhood and was actively involved in an online community that speedrun them, shared tactics, all that good autistic shit I indulge in sometimes. So when I complain about this shit, its from somebody who is at least a little bit clued in on the mechanics and how they worked to quite literally maximize every second of efficiency out of them.

So yeah, 3 can fuck off for butchering the control scheme and making it shit and unfun to play, to be honest.
>>
>>381614253
The game had loads of potentially great cut content like >>381615571 Ubisoft spent so much time and money on retarded shit nobody asked for like the trade caravan economy system and crafting mode with two hundred different fucking components that they had to cut plot critical chunks from the game in order meet their December 2012 deadline (muh mayan prophecy, anyone still remembers the hysteria around it?).

Originally, Haytham's content would've been a lot longer, Connor would've become more developed as a character, Desmond would've had more modern day sections like the Abstergo assault, that Cross guy would've been built up throughout the game as a rival and main antagonist to Desmond like his role in the comics instead of being just a reskinned guard who appears for the first time and dies within a five minute span, etc.

It could've actually been a really great game if they'd budgeted their time better. All the components were there, they just never polished it off.
>>
>>381617937
Well it fucking is and nobody asked for it
there's a reason warband, chivalry and other medieval based games sell like hotcakes
everybody's obsessed with darkages/medieval/renaissance shit m8
>>
>>381618141
didn't mean to link
>>381617570
sorry
>>
>>381618225
>nobody asked for it
Plenty of people were clamoring for an AC in Egypt and China since 2.
>>
>>381618636
People also wanted WW2, but anyone above the age of 16 can give you dozen reasons why that would blow complete ass.
>>
>>381620005
Stop arguing semantics. You finding other settings retarded does not in fact make them inherently bad or wished for only by retards.

AC games are mostly interesting to visit historical places at their height. WW2 would not be fitting, but Egypt and Antiquity makes for a ton of opportunity.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.