[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the PS1 tactics worth playing after I played this one? Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: tac.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tac.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
Is the PS1 tactics worth playing after I played this one? Which is the best Final Fantasy tactics?
>>
Yes, they are very different
>>
Give me a fukin new FFT or FFTA on any platform. I'm thirsty for a new tactics FF games.
>>
>>381608147
FFTA was garbage.
>>
>>381608242
How so?
>>
>>381607726
FFT is pretty good
FFTA is portable and you can emulate it on your phone without any trouble
FFTA2 is... meh
>>
1 > 2 > 3

Don't let anyone trick you into thinking any of them are bad though
>>
no TA is the better
>>
>>381608406
Ok, I honestly don't know how the game actually is. The very moment I had someone "arrested" for using a certain "banned" ability I put the game down and never touched it again. That stupid ban system was terrible.
>>
>>381607726
Yes, it's better in every single way than Advance and A2. They're all worth playing though.
>>
>>381609772
it's not terrible, just a new thing to consider while engaging. If you're really irritated by it, just avoid any laws by cycling through the map until they pass through the cycle.
You do get the ability to nullify and introduce laws later on, though, with law cards. I found it pretty fun.
>>
>>381607726
Best FFT is the PSP port of FFT from the Playstation, War of the Lions

Followed by PS1 FFT
FFTA
FFTA2
and finally the game you just posted

So yes
>>
>>381608242
>>381609772
These two posts describes /v/ in a nutshell.
>>
>Good PS1 tactics game
Front Mission 3
>>
>>381610280
>/v/ is one person
Also, yes FFTA is garbage
>>
File: DSP WOOOOOW.png (110KB, 640x662px) Image search: [Google]
DSP WOOOOOW.png
110KB, 640x662px
>>381609772
>I didn't pay to attention to this mechanic that was explained in the tutorials and punished for it
>HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS FUCKING TERRIBLE
Its a somewhat annoying mechanic at times but it adds something new and you gain the ability to manipulate it later and it can even play in your favor if used carefully by completely hindering certain enemy units from doing anything. Don't blame the game because you failed to pay any sort of attention when it was explained.
>>
>>381607726
Tactics is better written, Advance has the better gameplay. A2 can be ignored since Advance already does everything it does, only better.
>>
>>381609772
It goes both ways idiot.

You can get rewarded for doing certain actions
>>
>>381609772
This guy is a huge faggot but the law system really was kinda wank and I thought the tweaks in FFTA2 made it much better.
>>
>>381610884
>>381610652
Unfortunately enemies don't get punished for breaking laws.
>>
>>381610730
>judges give better gameplay

what a shit opinion
>>
>>381610968
They follow them though, you're acting like the game just has them blatantly not follow your rules.
>>
>>381610906
The law system is fun and makes the gameplay more varied. Instead of spamming your strongest attacks you sometimes have stuff like: no attack, no magic, no items etc...

It forces you to activate your brain.
>>
>>381611150
I disrespect your terrible opinion. I like FFTA the most too, don't have to pretend every element is great.
>>
The law system might add a layer of complexity in an way, but it feels like an stupidly arbitrary mechanic, most mechanics in tactical games make sense, bonus for attacking enemies from a flank or from the rear, damage types, elemental weakness etc. All of these are consistent and intuitive mechanics, laws are completely RNG based and do not require complex or innovative strategies, they just lock you out of certain skills.

>>381611150
That could be better accomplished by having enemies and scenarios that give you an actual challenge.
>>
>>381611667
If you only win because you depend on certain skills or tactics you are a terrible player and the law system is right to kick your ass.

A good player has a dozen of strategies and tactics. He doesn't cry because he can't use a few abilities.
>>
>>381611150
>It forces you to activate your brain.
>instead of using black magic to OHKO all enemies use green magic
Yeah really activates my almonds.
>>
>>381610280
They jump to an premature conclusion but are ultimately correct for potentially the wrong reasons?

Yeah, that sounds about right.
>>
In Final Fantasy Tactics you could come up with a cool idea for a guy with a job and sub job that might have synergy and you go fuck up monsters for a couple hours and you build him and maybe it does not work out but you learned some new shit and you made your own fun.
Tactics Advance makes you put that work in. You scour the fucking earth for weapons that teach skills. You need to use the skill a bunch of times to master it, you need to master skills to unlock other classes, you are sending your boys on treasure hunts, you are completing trade chains for fucking black thread you are running multiple thieves to steal all the cool shit off enemies you are fucking around making your guild famous so you get better drops you are putting that work in just to get a handful of units that are not complete shit and police are giving you hell fucking up your hustle stopping you from getting ahead holding you down why are we still here?
These two games are different kinds of fun you should play and enjoy both.
>>
Leave a chunk of your map empty so you can walk around in circles until the laws give you an advantage.
>>
>>381612003
Lawfags always give this argument but its meaningless because:

1 - laws aren't that restrictive most of the time, i.e. if they ban archer skills you can still use sniper/hunter, if they ban swords/claws you can still air render/far fist everything and changing between colors of magic is pretty easy, the only really fuck you laws are the ones that directly prevents damage to an enemy type.

2- its easy to ignore them, you can get new laws by moving around, you can use anti-law cars and if really necessary just take the penalty, its an slap on wrist anyway, it just means losing a couple thousand gold (from your hundreds of thousand) and 1 or 2 random battes without that unit.

What the law system means in practice is that you will get a yellow card because you put the game down for 15 minutes and forgot to click on soldier skills instead of monk skills when you resumed the battle.
>>
>>381607726
FFTA is fucking great nigger
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.