[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one reason this game was bad you can't say because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Final_Fantasy_XIII_Logo.jpg (120KB, 1107x746px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XIII_Logo.jpg
120KB, 1107x746px
Give me one reason this game was bad
you can't say because it's linear
>>
shit combat
>>
>>381605319
i thought the combat was great to be honest
>>
>>381605252
The characters sucked, the story sucked, the gameplay was serviceable I guess. The main character Lightning had the personality of a piece of cardboard, has an ass like one too. It was boring and it had nothing memorable. The graphics were good though.
>>
>>381605401
Any game where the game ends when the protagonist dies, while also having enemies that will auto track you and move and explode can't have that good of gameplay. Seriously,
fuck bombs in that game. Gotta spam 1 aero just to back up a few steps
>>
None of the characters are likable, and it's a character-driven story. Recipe for disaster.
>>
Basically no sidequest, the best you get are watered down hunts from fucking stones. That one song with lyrics got annoying really fast. The one about rainbow and stuff.
>>
>>381605823
>no sidequest
Hum....
>>
>>381605252
in-game wiki
>>
The pacing was really bad, making most most of the game feel like an overextended tutorial stretched way too thin for not enough substance.
>>
>>381606064
What's the matter pink? Can't find a rebittal?
>>
>>381605252
20 hours of tutorial.
>>
The "opened" up area is just one giant field, and there are literally no towns.
>>
>>381605823
No sidequests is great considering how retarded SE makes those these days.
>>
>>381606590
By that logic no game at all would be even better.
>>
>>381606684
Correct.
>>
>>381605823
STEP INTO THE RAINBOW
>>
>>381605252
20 hours of tutorial stuck with lightning.
>>
>>381605252
The combat was hands off and untactile
>>
The game was better when it was linear. Pulse is trash.
>>
File: 2680824007_b5d6ec3a0e.jpg (11KB, 252x364px) Image search: [Google]
2680824007_b5d6ec3a0e.jpg
11KB, 252x364px
Good game (got the Plat trophy) and OP is probably trolling, but there was a few:
>No airship (in a damn FF game)
>end game sucks ass. like I would rate the game 8/10 but the end game 1.5/10. It consists of 1) cieth stone missions or 2) farming gil for one fucking trophy
>they nerfed the gil you can farm in Ch. 11 if you've completed the game. Like, they knew people would max after the final boss so they made one of the areas LESS lucrative. what kind of faggot shit
>>
>>381605252
>give me one reason
>BUT NOT THE MAIN REASON
It was pretty linear.
>>
story was atrocious, game held your hand until about 15 hours into the story, restricting you from using some features like party member switching.

No proper hub towns to give some exposition to the story, the only development is from bumps and hills along the story, so you go exceptionally long periods without any sort of actual story development towards the ass end of the game.

13-2 fixes a lot of issues, and 13-3/lr despite being an entirely different combat system is equally fun.

I love 13's combat. It's what ATB would be if they brought it to modern FF. I'd definitely have preferred it to 15's combat, for sure.
>>
>>381607793
THAT IMAGE

AHHHHHHHH
MY

BRAIN MY IQ

THINKING
TO
MUCHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>381605252
Worst cast in the mainline franchise.
>>
>>381607793
>Good game
Mediocre at best.
>>
>>381605252
It's not bad, but it could be better with towns and real sidequests
>>
>>381605252

The first 30 hours was a tutorial.
>>
>>381605252
>game over when MC dies
>no character switching
>locks you into playing as certain characters for too long
>staggering is pretty much mandatory before you can damage most enemies at all
>datalogs updating whenever they feel like so you might miss something unless you check them after anything important happens
>>
>>381605252
>main villain straight up tells the cast that his master plan is for them to kill him, which will lead to the destruction of their home
>cast says 'fuck it, let's kill him anyway!'
>things turn out exactly as the main bad guy says
>cast is surprised by this turn of events
>>
>>381608492
no one's surprised by it. The options are: Kill him, sacrifice themselves and their home to the fal'cie for the greater good of the universe (recurring trait in FF), let him and the fal'cie destroy the universe. Those are the choices, they made the only real choice. It's shit for a lot of reasons but that stuff's logical and not out of the norm for FF at all. Look at FFXV, it did it again.
>hurrdurr this guy we've never seen before is actually the root of all evil
>better kill him
>if you kill him you die because he's of the same spirit/soul
>surprise, you and your friends died, dipshit
>>
>>381608492
They knew, they wanted to take their chances in the world below. Also it would free them from their Focuses. Basically fuck the police.
>>
>>381605401
>thought the combat was great
>you only control the party leader
>you can opt out of controlling the party leader by hitting the auto button and it would beat the game for you
>>
>>381609470

>no one's surprised by it.

Untrue. Hope says they have the power to save Cocoon right before killing Orphan. Some other explanation has to be correct.
>>
File: is this nigga serious.jpg (52KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
is this nigga serious.jpg
52KB, 720x576px
>>381609470
>Look at FFXV, it did it again.

Not really helping your case there.
>>
>>381609790
helping my case of proving every FF game does it in some capacity? How? It's almost fuckin 1:1 from 13 to 15, because you know they're actually in the same timeline.

>>381609728
hope is also retarded and thinks lightning is capable of stopping all the baddies all by herself. He's a kid and has no actual knowledge of anything.
>>
>>381605252
It's really, REALLY fucking linear.

Like, if they made it so you just walked forward automatically and had fights at regular intervals it wouldn't even be that big a change.

Also the story is nonsensical and none of the characters are engaging or interesting.
>>
>>381609887

All of them say something to the same effect. Heroes never die, time to give people what they really want, let's make a miracle happen, we'll protect our home or die trying (paraphrased, because I don't remember it well). I don't remember if Fang says anything incriminating.
>>
>>381607982
why is that a bad thing?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.