[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the only thing to stop the decline is if they apologize and hire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1498067108123.jpg (751KB, 1000x1972px) Image search: [Google]
1498067108123.jpg
751KB, 1000x1972px
the only thing to stop the decline is if they apologize and hire back their AAA staff back.

>Shinji Mikami - Creator of Resident Evil
>Keiji Inafune -creator of Onimusha and mega man
>Hideki Kamiya - creator of devil may cry
>>
>>381604997
Mikami is a blight
>>
None of them ever worked on the fighting games
>>
Akiman doesn't run cheap these days. And Nishitani has his own company free from the shackles of DisneyMarvel I mean Capcom.
>>
>>381604997
>Wanting Inafune back ever
op u r cancer
>>
>>381604997

Shinji and Kamiya are doing better on their own.
Inafune did good at Capcom but will do better at Level5. His best work has been when he had a boss to keep him in check.
>>
File: akira kitamura.png (11KB, 728x623px) Image search: [Google]
akira kitamura.png
11KB, 728x623px
>>381604997
>Keiji Inafune creator of mega man
stop right there
>>
add breath of fire 6 to your shitty montage anon
>>
>>381607596

He has a blog. I'm trying to find if he has any social media.

http://aknote.hatenablog.com/
>>
>>381607712
good find
does anyone else know about this?
>>
I think it's funny that it took MM9 being bad for anyone to bother learning Mega Man's dev history and no one would have questioned Inafune being the creator of Mega Man otherwise.
>>
>>381607160
Akiman deals with character design and animation stuff mostly. Not something that will help out much if he were to return.
>>
>>381604997
Kamiya seems pretty fucking content on being his own company outside of capcom. Sure has occasionally has to produce some activision tie on shlock but after a few of those he gets on a pet project of one of the staff
>>
>>381608374
Mostly, but he and Nishitani were the brains behind SF2 and Final Fight.
>>
>>381608475
Street Fighter II had over 30 people working on character design.
>>
>>381607596
>>381607712
>revisionists trying to make it seem Inafune had no part in the creation of mega man
>>
>>381608710
Character design isn't the only aspect of SF2, dork. Akiman and Nishitani were the two co-"planners". Akiman functioned as an art director while Nishitani directed the game design itself. Akiman actually started working on SF2 designs before Okamoto even thought to start on a project like that, which Okamoto only conceded to making because he's kind of a rebel against being told what to do (which at the time he was asked to start Final Fight 2).
>>
>>381609786
So you admit that Nishitani was more important for Street Fighter II.
>>
>>381610169
No, I don't.
>>
>>381610361
You know what would happen in Street Fighter II was released with Kenshiro-looking Ryu, African lion man Blanka, Sailor Zangief, elephant mask Dhalsim, and knight Vega? It would become a million-dollar franchise with many revisions, sequels, loads of adaptations and merchandise.
A Street Fighter II that didn't play like Street Fighter II would have been about as successful as the original Street Fighter, which is to say not at all.
>>
>>381610591
Okay? Now take your dumb rhetoric elsewhere.
>>
>>381611324
Hiring Akiman full-time again would not make Capcom significantly improve as he doesn't work on the actual "game" part.
>>
>>381608401
Kamiya isn't a producer and not the whole of Platinum.

Also, I am sure Mikami will never, ever return to Capcom. Kamiya never really quit, but got let go when Clover was shut down and then decided to join Seeds instead of going back to Capcom.

Mikami straight up fucking quit Capcom and even left Clover before it shut down.
>>
>>381611535
His final design choices can be catchy and enjoyable, whether it's his full control or through some edit or feedback process.

Looking at SFV, we can see failures of designs that weren't even close to tempered products of what Akiman is more capable of. He'd make sure that SFV at least LOOKED nice. It's too late for that now.
>>
File: 1469147948955.jpg (440KB, 1460x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1469147948955.jpg
440KB, 1460x2048px
>>381611535
speaking of akiman, what ever happened to this?
>>
>>381612912
After the Ibuki and Alex SFIII costumes, so sometime in 2018 maybe
>>
>>381612128
in terms of visuals sf5 problem is not design itself but the team who has been doing actual 3d stuff in the game such as modeling and shading

well, surely bengus artwork in the game is bad but you cannot make ken's face great without having good talents doing 3d work well
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.