[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am i a gamer outlier? i don't have a modern console, play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: altered beast 6.png (397KB, 607x576px) Image search: [Google]
altered beast 6.png
397KB, 607x576px
am i a gamer outlier? i don't have a modern console, play mostly older games on my pc, and don't keep up with gaming trends or watch e3 presentations.

most of the other people i know who call themselves gamers talk about console games i've never heard of. i know of a few of the bigger ones that pop up like uncharted and god of war, but the last time i really got into a game i was playing was fucking earthworm jim.

am i not a "gamer"?
>>
It's called retro gaming. /vr/ is a thing that exists.
>>
>>381598842
You're right! You're an incredibly special person! Congratulations!
>>
>>381599189
i mean, i get that, but i feel like there's something wrong with me that i can't enjoy all this new shit that's being made. i want to, but i can't get into anything that feels too cinematic.
>>
>>381599476
rephrasing the question:
how do i get into playing newer games without feeling like i'm just watching a movie with a short series of button inputs every 20 seconds?
>>
>>381598842
Is that a benis I see?
>>
File: altered beast 4.png (288KB, 607x576px) Image search: [Google]
altered beast 4.png
288KB, 607x576px
>>381599696
yeah probably
>>
>>381599669
don't play shitty big releases that try to be bland to appeal to a wider audience
get recommendations from people with similar tastes as you
>>
>>381602036
i gave the witcher a try, a friend of mine suggested it to me because i had a good time with vampire: the masquerade a few years ago and it was supposedly a deep story-based game in the same vein. i got bored after a few hours because i didn't feel like anything i was doing had any impact, i was just going through dialogue and picking every option until i got to the one that triggered the next part of the conversation.
>>
>>381598842
POWER UP
this game gave me creeps when I was playing it as a young lad
>>
>>381602520
if you want something in the vein of older rpgs play the original deus ex or new vegas.
>>
>>381602783
i have played those, i'm looking for something newer.
>>
>>381598842

The terms "gamer", "nerd" and "geek" isnt what it once used to mean. You are a relic of the past.
>>
>>381599669
don't play shit games. i just discovered xcom today and i'm having a blast
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.