[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished the first Kingdom Hearts, do I need to play this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: KH-ReCoM_Box-Art.jpg (887KB, 1000x1417px) Image search: [Google]
KH-ReCoM_Box-Art.jpg
887KB, 1000x1417px
Just finished the first Kingdom Hearts, do I need to play this shitty card game to understand Kingdom Hearts 2 ?
>>
>do I need to play this card game
Yes, it's good.
>shitty
Go fuck yourself.

Emulate the GBA version.
>>
>>381594980
A little bit
Its not completely necessary to enjoying kh2
>>
>>381595402
Most of the plot (no, running around asking where Riku is doesn't count as plot) only makes sense if you complete CoM and Reverse Rebirth.
>>
I'll give it a shot, should I play gba version or ps2 version ?
>>
>>381596181
GBA is infinitely more comfy. Re:CoM is available in the (recently patched again, thank lord) collection, but general consensus is that it didn't translate too well to home consoles
>>
>>381596181
PS2
>>
>>381596181

Play the gba game
If the gameplay isn't your thing just watch the PS2 cutscenes on Youtube

What were your thoughts on KH1? It's always interesting to see new people getting into the series in current year and not being turned off by it.
>>
>>381594980
For the love of god. EMULATE THE GBA VERSION.

Re:COM is a total slog.

The original version is super charming and it will make your transition to KH2 even better.
>>
>>381595393
>>381596393
>>381596563
>>381596794
What the fuck, why is everyone recommending the GBA version?

I played it years ago, enjoyed it for a while, I don't think I've ever finished it.
Started PS2 version like just few days ago, I think it's better than the GBA one.

Why the GBA version?
>>
>>381596563
I hated it at first but second half was amazing
>>
>>381597106
Personally, I feel that the card system really works best on the GBA. It felt niche, like a one time thing that didn't overstay its welcome. There's really no reason to keep that system on the console version when we have I, II, BBS, and DDD playing relatively the same way. The card system just feels overly intrusive and unnecessary on the PS3 and PS4.
>>
File: 1496880285652.jpg (45KB, 400x501px) Image search: [Google]
1496880285652.jpg
45KB, 400x501px
>>381597106
The sprite art is way more charming. The sprite models give the battles and cutscenes a whole different spin. Generally, the original just has way more atmosphere.

Sprite battles are fun and a nice break from the core games.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.