[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout thread. Why did Fallout 4 fail in the RPG scene? Was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Fallout thread.

Why did Fallout 4 fail in the RPG scene? Was it because Todd the Toddler Tiddler Howard lacks vision in role playing? They got Fallout 3 to an acceptable level of RPG at the time, with tons of choices and lots of skill checks. Why did they fail this time?

Also, I'm starting a new run in New Vegas for probably the 10th time and I need your help.
I always run into the same quests and do them over and over, and it feels so stale for me.

>Get out of Doc's house.
>Do quest for Sunny
>Go to town with big ferris wheel
>Do quest there
>Go to NCR concentration camp
>Do quest there
>get bored because I've done it all already
>Start Honest Hearts

I know there's so much more to this game than I've played, and I feel like I'm missing out on 90% of the game. Where can I go to make this playthrough more interesting? What are some interestinc quests and locations that not a lot of people know about?

>inb4 go to quarry, lots of loot there :^)

Bonus: What mods should I run with? I haven't done modding for Vegas yet so I don't know what crucial mods I need to get and what mods enhance gameplay or add new weapons/clothes. Any reccomendations?
>>
It is not a RPG
It is an action shooter
>>
>>381591595

Yea, that's what I meant to say. It fails as an RPG, everything always goes back to a cycle of Explore>shoot>loot and the quests are extremely shallow and same feeling.

There was a talk from the main writer of the game, and he goes on to say that he wasn't the only one to write. The level designers, artists, script writers, anyone who wanted could come up with a story and it'd get into the game.

I don't understand why Bethesda has done a good game like Fallout 3 before, but failed incredibly this time.
>>
Also where's Todd trying to make me buy his game again.
Where are you todd?
>>
>>381591794
But Fallout 3 was not a good game
>>
>>381592790

It was better than Fallout 4 though, it was more of a RPG than F4 will ever be.
>>
File: bob_howard.jpg (15KB, 301x343px) Image search: [Google]
bob_howard.jpg
15KB, 301x343px
I actually enjoyed the direction the game took. The DLC is a blast and the gunplay is the the best in the series, I don't mind a little streamlining.
The game will only get better with time and creation club mods.
>>
>>381592981
this
>>
>>381591423
You could try going north through the Deathclaws and going into New Vegas early. This is the first year I no longer want to replay New Vegas.I finally hit the point where I've done everything, including all the dlc.
>>
>>381593747
The Strip* Already forgetting names of locations.
>>
>>381593747

That's what I've done once, and I was absolutely destroyed by anything on my way there since I rushed from gettint out of doc's house straight to the Strip.

Even then, I didn't know what to do since the only quest I know about in the area is "be a guard for the shop that sells energy weapons".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.