[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>developers promise to revolutionize the MMO genre >player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: aocwk86.png (369KB, 700x391px) Image search: [Google]
aocwk86.png
369KB, 700x391px
>developers promise to revolutionize the MMO genre
>player created cities and trade routes
>can take months/years to fully develop a city
>home and land customization
>players can create their own government to control cities
>story that changes dynamically with player driven quests
>massive city based pvp with hundreds of players
>massive open world and raid-based dungeons
>monster coin events where players can become boss monsters to fight other players
>releasing next year

who else is hyped?
>>
>>381589264
Not hyped, its set pieces dictated by developer rules. Its literally a themepark trying to pretend its sandbox.
>>
File: 1498244639143.jpg (98KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1498244639143.jpg
98KB, 640x625px
>WoW killer
But how do you kill a dead game?
>>
>>381589264
Sounds like the devs are trying to pull a Shaun Murray
>>
>>381589264
>Lies
>Lies. They are set in certain locations and 'level up' based on a region exp system. If you cut a tree in region A, City A grows a bit by fucking magic.
>Probably true, not a good thing
>Probably true, not relevant to a MMO
>Nope, developer controlled primarily
>Nope, Region based quests that unlock once a city levels up, not dynamic at all
>Woodefuckingdo WoW did this decades ago
>Raids are the cancer that killed MMOs
>Why cant we just fucking play monsters from the start, why is it a shitty coin system
>Should be scrapped

Its the exact fucking same as all modern MMOs; Massively over-designed with a complete and utter failure to understand what an MMO is or how to make a good one.
>>
is this the next bethesda game?
>>
Who are these dipshit journos who think every new mmo is a "wow killer" and everything slightly difficult is the "dark souls of _____"
>>
>>381590124
But anon this is the Last of Us Dark Souls of WoW killers!
>>
File: 098.png (12KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
098.png
12KB, 100x100px
>>381589264
>developers promise
>>
Wow dude some say they have like a hundred weapons and you can be a demon king god bitch

take my money already! XD

Sorry wallet! XD XD
>>
>>381589264
what's the planned payment model?
>>
It's hard to be hyped for an mmo. Believe me, I want this to revolutionize the genre but it's hard to be hopeful these days.
>>
>>381589264
remember how Archage was supposed to be that revolutionary mmo and everyone was hyped as fuck? guess what is dead and so is every other MMO
>>
>>381589264
I don't think this will be good. I want games to be good. I see these things listed but are these things fun?
>>
>>381589264
dead on arrival
because these promises wont be kept, nor could they, and even if they did, would no one be intrested cause these things only sound interesting on paper, WoW became a success for all the wrong reasons, mmos are a dumb idea
>>
>>381592150
BDO as well, Guild Wars 2 before that. Everquest Next before it died. TORtanic back in the day.

MMO's cost too much to make, it's way too fucking risky to put that much money into something.
>>
>less than 100 players

Okay.
>>
File: Really.jpg (34KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
Really.jpg
34KB, 489x479px
>>381589264
>The WoW killer meme is back again

When will they learn?
>>
There will never be a "WoW-Killer."

Never. Literally never. It can't fucking happen. Nobody has dethroned WoW in the 75+ fucking years that shit has been on top; if it was going to happen, it would have by now.

No, what's going to happen is that WoW will kill itself. It already is. A slow, creeping death until it fades away into obscurity. And then some other MMO will step in and quietly take the crown.

At best, this Ashes of Creation will be a "WoW was bedridden and about to flatline anyway so I unplugged the machine that was keeping it alive."
>>
MMORPGs are a dead genre, WoW is an MMO, not an MMORPG.

Unless this game is focused entirely on raiding and PvP it will fail. Normies don't roleplay.
>>
>>381589264
>WoW killer

This is like saying Thom Yorke is the John Lennon killer.
>>
>WoW killer
Fuck off.
>>
I know Stephen personally and he's an inefficient megalomaniacal waste. When this game crashes and burns hard. It's a pyramid scheme no different than back in the old days when he sold Xango Juice.

RIP MMOs.
>>
>>381589264
Looks like you forgot your referral link OP
>>
>>381589264
SWG tried a lot of what is on your list and WoW trampled it.
>>
>>381589264
I hope it's a good game. That's all I'm saying. I just hope it's good.
>>
>wow killer

lmao

you need to create a different type of MMORPG to """""""kill""""""" wow

you will literally never live to see a day where a game is created similar to wow, and dethrones it
>>
File: Advq9Qx.png (1MB, 1415x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Advq9Qx.png
1MB, 1415x1428px
>mmo is made with impossibly high standards and promises
>you gotta buy it guys and maybe subscribe beceause this is more expensive than we thought
>high playerbase at first
>playercount starts dropping
>game goes f2p
>dies a month later
wanting to be a WoW killer is like wanting to beat a dead horse at football
>>
>>381590124
Bloodborne is the Halo Killer of Dark Souls
>>
Tell me how this is any different than that Trials of Ascension scam?
>>
>2017
>Creating a new MMO

Why fucking bother?
>>
Let me guess, there is going to be some kind of retarded energy system that limits you from being able to do shit
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.