[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Bionicle hasn't gotten a decent action adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

How come Bionicle hasn't gotten a decent action adventure game? It has extensive lore and great design for characters and a varied world, it could easily be made into a great Zelda-style game or even a 3d metroidvania.
>>
>>381587636

It missed its chance. Its not in its prime anymore.
>>
>>381587783
fuck you theyre still cool
>>
>>381587817

Yeah they are. That dosent change the fact that its not in its prime anymore.

I like bionicles dood, i watched the first movie at least 10 times as a kid.
>>
>>381587783
>>381587817
Honestly he's probably right. Bionicle are still awesome but nowhere near their popularity 14 or so years ago.

There could be so much variety depending on your Toa in how you move and fight and explore. The only Bionicle games I've seen are pure shovelware.
>>
>>381587636
White was coolest
>>
>>381588068
har har
>>
Toa Metru > Everything else
>>
File: 0130.jpg (67KB, 502x503px) Image search: [Google]
0130.jpg
67KB, 502x503px
>
>>
File: Sixbohrok.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Sixbohrok.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>381588068
I always liked his design best even though he was portrayed as a dickhead in the movies.

Red was a fucking drama queen through and through. Green was a hippy.

Bohrok were always my favorite antagonists. There's a mod for L4D2 that replaces the common infected with them and it's awesome.
>>
There's a Skyrim mod - Legends of the Toa, which converts Skyrim into Mata Nui.

Sadly, it has been stuck in development hell, even after some Russians picked it up. I don't expect it to ever be released.

http://tesbionicleproject.blogspot.ca/
>>
>>381588275
This image makes me feel so many things. I want to go back.
>>
>>381588357
Why is everything good always stuck in development hell. This would be so amazing. Bionicle MMO would be cool too.
>>
File: Bionicle Cacodemon.jpg (416KB, 2048x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Bionicle Cacodemon.jpg
416KB, 2048x1680px
>>381587636
Bionicle is THE SHIT. Fuck lego corporate juden for canceling it.
>>
>>381588738
It was cancelled? The fuck?

I guess that explains why it's not going to be made into a game though.
>>
>>381588860
Yeah. Cancelled, Re-launched, then cancelled again before it could take off.

Sounds pretty familiar to another game...
>>
>>381587636
What about Bionicle: The Game? It's pretty good, though FUCK the Onua Nuva course.
>>
>>381589259
>It's pretty good
Provided you have a time machine
Onua's part 2nd best, Lewa's part best minus following the faggot bird, Pohatu's part worst
>>
>>381588860
It ended prematurely in 2010 (10 years is still pretty good for a LEGO theme) because sales had been slowly declining and they thought it better to end on a high note rather than drag it through the ground out of respect since Bionicle singlehandedly saved them from bankruptcy in the early 2000s. They launched a reboot in 2015 which got a second wave in 2016 but was then cancelled again, not because it was selling badly but because last year demand for LEGO products actually exceeded their maximum worldwide output capacity so they had to prioritise things to be able to supply for the Christmas season. They said they would definitely bring it back again in the future, but they're waiting until they can do it properly unlike the botched reboot.
>>
>>381588063
the third person shooter one was okay, but all the other ones are irredeemable.
>>
>>381587817
Didn't they make Bionicle all ball and socket joints now because retarded American kids kept trying to eat the little pieces?
>>
>>381590654
The new system uses more ball joints than the old one but it still uses plenty of the smaller pieces, more than some of the originals in most cases. Her Factory which ran between both renditions of Bionicle was aimed at a younger audience and used less of the small pieces though. G2 Bionicle was pretty on par with the originals save for not having very many large models.
>>
>>381589965
I keep all the computers I/my family ever owned, including the XP my dad bought in 2001. I literally only use it to play this and the old Lego games like Soccer Mania.

I just hate the Onua Nuva section because I got stuck on it for six years as a kid. Didn't know there was a jump button.
>>
File: 1334019234.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1334019234.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>381587636
I loved Bionicle: The Game when I was a kid. The music was really fucking good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnblCk2dkjU
>>
>>381587783
It missed its chance TWICE. Which is even more sad imo.
Seriously, fuck Lego sometimes.
>>
>>381587636
There was a cool bionicle game planned and I've spoken to the developers. They're cool people, especially one guy who really went all out trying to look for his disk but he lost it sometime in Las Vegas home. He said that he'll try looking for it but I never heard back. The only copy known to exist is being protected by some faggot (who probably worked for lego) who refuses to release it because copyright, even though another cancelled bionicle game was leaked and literally nothing happened
>>
>>381590191
>They said they would definitely bring it back again in the future
Yeah no, they probably won't. And sadly its all their fault.
Sucking the Mouse cock and making literal gold masks on year 1 instead of doing proper marketing/series were their worst fucking mistakes.
>>
>>381587636
Not sure if this counts, but I remember they had a couple of point and click adventure games on the website that I played when I was young. Don't remember the name, but I do remember that you played as a little blue dude in the second one. The game was probably shit, but I have a lot of fond memories of it.
>>
>>381592760
http://www.templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html

this it? it's surprisingly well made for a point and click game, especially from lego. It actually cares about world building. you might have played the sequel
>>
File: FusaKangarooRahi.jpg (6KB, 160x234px) Image search: [Google]
FusaKangarooRahi.jpg
6KB, 160x234px
>>381587636
Did you say Bionicle thread?
Because I'm down for that.
>>
>>381592760
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/gms/online/hahli/
>>
>>381593110
Hahli is cute!
Cute!
>>
File: Bionicle lore.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bionicle lore.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
Guys what the hell is going on in Bionicle deep lore?
>>
>>381592962
>>381593110
Yeah, this is it. I'm getting a wave of nostalgia now
>>
>>381593369
Unironically the deepest lore. They planned the whole universe within a universe twist from the beginning and played out the ruse over 8 years.
>>
>>381593369
you posted it

it all takes place inside a terminally ill man's body, and the toa are the immune system finally trying to boot the sickness out the body
>>
>>381593369
They did it really well.
A proper slow start going into a satisfying climax when they revealed Mata Nui, tying stuff like the mysterious, seemingly reasonless Bohrok attacks and the change in setting from tribal to city tech into the plot.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.