[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend keeps pestering me to buy this thing to play with him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: header7.jpg (49KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header7.jpg
49KB, 460x215px
My friend keeps pestering me to buy this thing to play with him even though I made it clear I aboid early-access games like a plague, especially survival shit
Is he right?
>>
>>381587518
For 30 euro it's definitely worth it
>>
It's fun with friends pretty much.
>>
>>381587518
>survival shit
it's not a survival game
>I aboid early-access games like a plague
well you're missing out on plenty of entertaining games just to take a stance for no reason
>>
>>381587518
E3 is the first I heard of this game yes, even with PC being my main platform, nobody will shut up about it now. Thought it looked dumb when I first saw it and once I saw its an "early access" game, I knew I would never buy it.

Games shilled on Twitch are literal cancer.
>>
It is the only early access game I've ever bought because several friends bought it. It's not survival crafting minecraft shit at all. There's no food, shelter or crafting, it's a TPS where you find weapon. It's a blast with friends and decently fun solo.
>>
>>381587518
>>381587638
>>381588046
Stop samefagging, faggot!
>>
File: Capture.jpg (24KB, 423x156px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
24KB, 423x156px
>>381588213
shucks you caught me
>>
File: chrome_2017-06-23_22-53-59.png (50KB, 568x153px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-23_22-53-59.png
50KB, 568x153px
>>381588213
>>
>>381587518
Not until they come through with the rest of the game, good on you OP, right now they have acknowledge there's inherent problems. For fuck sake their recently promotion is for jumping.
>inb4 fags say vaulting
It's jumping a basic fucking feature that they must patch in.
>>
>>381587518
Kind of a stupid mindset. A good game is a good game, regardless if it's early access or not
>>
Why buy this when you can just wait for him to make the next version of his unfinished games.
>>
>>381587518
it's a buggy mess that crashes all the time. Have to play on shit graphics to minimize crashes. It is a fun game though basic. Only worth if have full time job with cheap bills or still live home
>>
>>381588551
Subnautica everyone hyped up and it's still not fucking finished to be worth calling a game worth paying for. Early access is fucking mongoloid shit.
>>
>>381588046
>take a stance for no reason
It's early access.
Get some help seriously.
>>
Everything I've seen of it seems like a get shot in an open field by someone who dropped near a better weapon/scope than you simulator.

It's probably just me but I'd probably get frustrated with it.

But you should play video games with your friends.
>>
>>381589197
Early access games die before they ever release, look at Subnautica which was hyped to hell and back when it first came out and it's still early access.
Technically Killing Floor 1 didn't leave early access until 2 decided to be announced and 2 hasn't left early access, fuck tripwire in otherwords. Fuck early access.
>>
>>381589197
I'm sorry to hear that you're not playing good games like Beseige, BeamNG, Space Engineers, Squad, and of course everyone's favorite, Player Unknown's Battlegrounds
But no, feel free dig into your position, I'm someone will care someday
>>
>>381587518
Yes.
>>
>refuse to buy early access games
Why not just use the rule of thumb, "if your happy with the game in its current state buy it, if not then wait"?
>>
>>381589545
All those early access games that are dead and no longer have threads and didn't even make it to 1.0, because early access a shit. Yeah perfect examples.
>>
>>381588551
>a good game
But it's overrated shit.
>most players play with minimum graphics
>3rd person
>shit physics
>shit optimization
>max is 3 players to play with
>h2z2
Speaking of h1z1, it's still early access and same scam.
>>
File: inquisitive bird.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
inquisitive bird.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>381587518
Aight, here it is. I think survival games are complete trash. I've played more than enough.

This is not a survival game. It's not phenomenal, but it's not bad either.

PUBG is a deathmatch. It puts you on a map and forces you to kill niggas. The only aspect that even resembles survival is that you don't start with guns, which is not a bad thing because it motivates you to keep moving.
Similar games that *do* allow you to start with guns are trash (Tarkov, for example. complete abortion of a game. stay clear of it)

It's a fun game to play with friends. It's drop in, kill people or get killed, close game, watch anime, masturbate. Doesn't suck your life like MMOs, Arma or MOBAs. There's no faggy competitive aspect.

If you have friends to play it with I'd recommend the game.
>>
there's a reason why it's the third or fourth most played steam game
>>
>>381587518
Well its not really a survival game, its a battle royal game.

Its much more fun with friends but its pretty buggy and suffers from memory leaks
>>
>>381590072
>All those early access games that are dead and no longer have threads
what does that have to do with anything
you can still play them even if no one is talking about them
>and didn't even make it to 1.0
and I already got my enjoyment out of them that was well worth the price
>>
>>381590072
>game doesn't have a thread on /v/
>that means it's dead

you've got brain problems
>>
>>381589387
Subnautica is on the Xbox One and is literally a month or two away from full release. You're a retard.
>>
>>381589545
I'm not a psychiatrist so, fuck off.
>>
>>381587518
arma 3 version is superior this game is for peasants
>>
>>381590072
oh, and
>didn't even make it to 1.0
because fully released $60 games always ship in a totally bug free state and never get patches
>>
>>381587638
that's what they said about dayz
>guys, quick, buy it. the price will only go up xd
>>
I'm generally skeptical regarding early access games, but this one is for the most part feature complete. At least it feels that way, except for some optimization problems.
And I don't really care if the game is dead by the time it comes out, I've already put more than fifty hours into it and that's more than I get out of most AAA titles. Depending on how long it takes until it gets out of early access I might not be interested in it anymore, but that's okay because I eventually lose interest in any game, finished or not, and switch to something else.
I wouldn't buy any early access game on the promise that it eventually adds the things I want, but if what is there is already a good game, then I see no reason not to play it.
>>
>>381590148
Can confirm it's shit.
I'm not poor so I won't even bother refunding tho.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.