[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody can seriously think this was a good FE, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 518
Thread images: 59

File: fe_echoes.jpg (818KB, 2560x1442px) Image search: [Google]
fe_echoes.jpg
818KB, 2560x1442px
Nobody can seriously think this was a good FE, right?
>>
The 3DS FEs are complete shit but this is the best one of the 3.
>>
File: elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
>>381584965
this is the most wrong statement I have read today
>>
>>381584965
this
>>
it has its moments
>>
>>381584965
First post best post as always.
>>
Better than Fates
>>
I hate Alm and I'm a fat, smelly stupid girl!
>>
>>381584838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjPGd9vGzn8

the soundtrack is nice though
>>
>>381585178
>>381585274
>>381585318
love how you can tell how someone has no fucking clue about FE when they:

1) refer to Fates as 1 game
2) hate Conquest

it's like hanging a "I'm retarded" sign on your chest
>>
>>381584838
I have yet to play this one. whats wrong with FE((()))?
>>
>>381585463
Fates is one game jewed into two boxes
>>
>>381584838
I liked its art, music and plot but its maps and balance decisions let it down.

There's a couple really good maps, but there's also a whole lot of "Enemies rush you while a few summoners hang back and spam weak, non-threatening enemies endlessly". It makes it feel really tedious instead of strategic, which is extremely painful when the same game also has maps like Rigel Castle that require you to think about how you're going to approach it.
>>
>>381585570
it's 3 entirely separate games with different maps, characters, difficulty/tone, equipment, and vastly different levels of quality

fuck, conquest and BR has as much in common as FE6 and FE7

referring to all of Fates as one game just shows how ignorant you are
>>
People have been pretending gaiden was an underappreciated gem despite not playing it since echoes was announced. The fanbase on /v/ is composed of spiteful retards elevating this game because apparently a far too ambitious narrative that fell flat on its face is less forgiving than garbage gameplay.
>>
>>381584838
I like Echoes. I think it's pretty fun.
I never understood what the fuck the big deal was with liking or not liking certain Fire Emblem games. The series has no masterpiece games or anything even approaching that. It's like the fanbase splintered even worse with the success of Awakening and Fates, now if you're not playing strictly for gameplay you may as well not be playing at all even if you don't like Awakening or Fates. Even though there have been maybe, what, THREE challenging Fire Emblem games? Maybe? I don't get it.
>>
>>381586320
people SOLELY like echoes because it's not awakening/fates. It's fucking disgusting
>>
>>381584838

I think it's splendid. Best of the 3DS FE titles by far.
>>
>>381586527
Turning the series into a fucking dating sim is what's disgusting. At least this game feels like fire emblem.
>>
FE is poor,poor,poor man's Tactics Ogre.
>>
>>381585463
Fates is one game you massive autist.
>Sales tracked as 1
Fuck off
>>
i think its honestly the best fire emblem game i ever played
>>
>>381586854
>waifus are literally analagous to old support system
>child units and marriage have even shown up in previous FE games
>waifus are easily ignored because it's just one small system (this is what I did in my first playthroughs of awakening/fates)

really makes you think
>>
>>381585502
my opinion

>very dull gameplay wise, the most the game demands out of you strategy wise is position x unit on terrain tile
>dread fighters are disgustingly good and largely dominate the second half of the game
>no side objectives or really anything to make each encounter feel different, so everything sort of blurs together after a while
>no objectives except rout
>no interesting maps
>dungeons are monotonous and dull to explore; there's nothing interesting inside of them, just an obligatory shrine and the same two groups of enemies on the field that you fight on the same empty square map
>the presentation is quite good
>appealing hidari art
>story isn't complete bollocks but nothing to really write home about either
>some decent mechanics like making archers not total trash

overall i thought it was an extremely mediocre game and probably in the bottom 3 FEs I have played
>>
>>381587192
you clearly haven't played many FEs

>>381587295
this guy gets it
you forgot complete lack of replay value
>>
>>381586894
I'm curious, what specifically about Tactics Ogre makes you think it's better?

A lot of mechanics in FFT-style games like elevation and positional requirements seem like pointless fluff that don't actually have any effect on my tactical decisions. The maps also tend to be pretty barren, with few blocked off spaces.
>>
>>381584838
Most of the flaws in Echoes are the same flaws that affect Fates and Awakening but this time there's no avatar and the story is a 5/10 instead of a 3/10 so that automatically makes it good for some reason
>>
>>381585463
Sorry, let me clarify for you what I meant. It's better than Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, and Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations. Conquest does have good gameplay and better maps but god damn as a whole package those games are fucking garbage.
>>
>>381585463
>refer to Fates as 1 game
Conquest was average, the rest was garbage.
>>
>>381587750
conquest not only has good gameplay and better maps, it's got the best gameplay and best maps in the series. Saying conquest's gameplay is "slightly better" than Echoes is like saying the sun is "slightly hotter" than a matchstick

plot of Fates in general may have been a trainwreck but goddamn if it wasn't entertaining to watch. Watching that orb-hugging dragon come out of literally nowhere and sacrifice herself for you despite being never mentioned for 15 chapters was a massive WTF moment. Watching Flora light herself on fire for no reason, while nobody does literally anything but tell the fire to stop burning, was amazing. Watching Izana die telling a prophecy despite not dying in the other 2 routes TELLING THE EXACT SAME PROPHECY made me seriously question the short-term memory capacity of its writers.

Fates plot was an MC-escher box of absurd twists and inane decisions, and it was glorious

I ironically enjoyed Fates plot more than the bread-and-water tedium of Echoes
>>
>God Tier
Blazing Sword
Path of Radiance
Genealogy of the Holy War

>Great Tier
Binding Blade
Thracia 776

>Good Tier
Radiant Dawn
Sacred Stones

>Bad Tier
Conquest
Echoes
Revelation

>Dogshit Tier
Birthright
Shadow Dragon
>>
File: fe_conquest_ai.webm (2MB, 714x232px) Image search: [Google]
fe_conquest_ai.webm
2MB, 714x232px
>>381587918
>people still don't think Conquest is the greatest FE game ever made

Here's a snippet of the AI:

1. General moves into support range. He still isn't in attack range of Camilla, but this allows him to utilize attack stance.
2. Bow Knight moves to attack Camilla using General in attack stance. The arrow misses, but the General's support attack hits (this is VERY important).
3. Upon realizing Camilla survived an 84% OHKO, the Maid uses Freeze on her to lower her AVO for the next attack.
4. Paladin moves into melee range to attack Camilla, using the Bow Knight in #2 as a support partner. Notice the hit rates: 82% and 91% hit rates for lance/bow. Without Freeze, the hitrates would be 62% and 71%. Both attacks hit Camilla and kill her. Note that without the support attack from the General in #2, she would've lived.

In this single exchange, you have the AI utilizing bow advantage against archers, abusing attack stance three times (maximizing archer attacks), and dynamically using Freeze - all with perfect sequencing. If any of the 4 steps were not done correctly, Camilla would've very likely survived.

Conquest is a fucking work of art.
>>
>>381584838
it's a poor FE because the original was (indefensibly bad map design) but as a remake it's amazing, both for its faithfulness in translating those shitty maps as well as the quality in VA work, modeling, and soundtrack. I'm conflicted about it because it's not as fun as recent FE games due to said map design and monotony, but I'm also glad they didn't stray too much.
>>
File: 1495507658647.jpg (133KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1495507658647.jpg
133KB, 744x1052px
>>381585502
The gameplay and maps are almost the same as they were in the 1996 version so almost none of the improvements to the series since then are present and it feels like a massive step backwards because it actually is. I hope you like large empty fields and summoners who will clog up hallways with 20 zombies.

They improved the supports a bit from the original but they're still pretty bad despite there being so few of them. A lot of the characters are completely forgettable and Genny only has one support with an optional character that you can miss so you could go though the game without her ever saying anything other than her recruitment dialogue. They try to work around this by letting you talk to characters in towns but you just go up to them and they monologue their life story at you for a bit and that's it.

Story is okay but anyone who says it's actually good is retarded. It's generic and pretty predictable but it gets the job done.

Overall I found it to be enjoyable but severely disappointing.
>>
I'm glad the honeymoon period is over
>>
>>381588907
What honeymoon period? People have been talking about how bad they thought the game was basically since release.
>>
>>381588254
I disliked Echoes too, but I don't think "it's so bad it's good" applies to Fates in story. It was straight up bad, as in droppable tier. Fates as whole package is a terrible game, with a 25% good part and 75% bad. The good is conquests maps, while the 75% everything else, including the other paths. It's great that you enjoyed it, but a lot of legacy FE players really disliked Fates as a whole, ignoring the waifufaggotry.
>>
>>381584838
It's actually pretty shit. I've never had this little fun with a Fire Emblem game, even though it's my favourite Nintendo series. Even FE6 was more fun.

Hitting each other with wet noodles while randomly teleporting zombies pick off your 0 Resistance units just doesn't seem to be very good game design.
>>
>>381588254
The problem is that i don't want to have to "ironically" enjoy a Fire Emblem game. The cast being split across two games was a bad move too, and revelations honestly isn't even worth a play through. And fuck intsys for making the whole package 80 dollars.
>>
>>381589074
nah, a lot of Echoesfags were sucking this game's cock on release, and whenever anyone said that they didn't like they maps/plot/support/etc., Echoesfags would respond "lol ur just mad cuz no waifus, what's the problem mad u can't fuck ur sister?"

feels good to be vindicated by time
>>
I enjoyed it until Chapter 4 tower. Fucking hell that was just bad. Long as dungeons with both random and force encounters. Most are just the same one over and over again. It was just war of attrition to the nth degree. Both Swamps and Desert maps had nothing on that piece of shit.
>>
>>381585794
Just like how Pokemins are entirely different games because the box is a different color, there's different wild animals, and there's a centipede ghost instead of a penis dragon, right?
>>
>>381584838
There wasn't a My Unit feature.
>>
>>381589295
combat speed picks up slightly around act 3, but it's not until act 4 that you're going to be able to reliably 1RKO enemies

>>381589452
don't play pokemon, you're going to have to come up with a better analogy m8
>>
>>381585463
>refer to Fates as 1 game
Oh, excuse us for not saying the retarded names of every game in your franchise when a perfectly understandable term exists that covers multiple. We're sorry that triggers your autism, get back to breeding your soldiers.
>>
>>381589368
People have been talking about how much they disliked the dungeons and how dull the combat was since the CIA first got dumped pretty much. People were even talking about how bad Gaiden's maps were and how they're looking to be the same in the remake since we first got gameplay footage. I really don't know what you mean, besides there being trolls on both sides obviously.
>>
>>381589452
This comparison is fucking awful
Fates has 3 different stories sold as 3 separate games with different playable characters and items.
Pokemon just has a few exclusives and thats it
>>
>>381589730
>has a few exclusives
>Not playable characters
>>
>>381587402
i played all of them since fe10 and also the GBA ones
>>
>>381584838
I haven't played many FE games so my opinion means fuck all but I thought overall it was a good game. My main gripe really is that the balancing for both units and classes is pretty bad.
>>
>>381589452
It's more of a halfway point between how Pokemon does things and how Oracle of Ages/Seasons did things

More difference than in the typical pokemon game but not as much as Ages/Seasons
>>
>>381589628
referring to fates as 1 game is like referring to FE6 and FE7 as one game

or referring to WC3 RoC and FT as one game

if you didn't play all 3 routes that's fine, not every route is even worth playing, but don't try to pretend you did by glorifying your one playthrough to cover all three routes
>>
>>381587550
You serious mein nigger?

Elevation can turn the battle around if you manage to get archers high enough as their range expands depending on it.

FE "difficulty" comes from how much damage the enemy deals, nothing else.

Permadeath is in everything else worth it's skin (three turns to revive ally).
>>
>When I missed out on the pre-order booklet for Awakening I autistically screeched for days
>Now I don't even care enough to pirate Echoes on my gateway cart
Have they 'fixed' the garbage map design, characters and removal of the magic triangle yet?
>>
>>381590064
no
no
magic triangle was a useless POS
>>
>>381590138
Maybe so but without it the magic system is even worse. Why bother having a decent character with each type of magic now if you can't end up getting countered?
>>
>>381590365
the magic triangle was always garbage the only reason you miss it is because it's gone
>>
>>381588408
Well said. Too bad all the drones here will ignore your post.
>>
>>381589905
>FE "difficulty" comes from how much damage the enemy deals
FE's more of a circlejerk around movement than anything. Most of the time your strongest unit is going to be the one on a horse or wyvern, rushing up to the boss to end the Chapter as quickly as possible.
>>
>>381589336
>The cast being split across two games
how? Each game had a full roster
>>
>>381584838
I honestly enjoyed it more than Fates. Not saying its the best, as I still had the same problems I had with Gaiden(Bad Map Design, Terrible Levels Ups due to shit stat growths, etc.)
>>
>>381584965
FPBP
>>
>>381590454
>the only reason you miss it is because it's gone.

Not him but whoa anon wise words.
>>
>>381588408
>Conquest is a fucking work of art.
Spotted the hard fanboy
>>
>>381584965
I suppose I'd agree with this.
Awakening has a tolerable plot but the gameplay is pretty boring and easy to break.
Revelations is deliberately awful and the story is just an excuse to force people who gave a shit about Fate's story to buy it.
Birthright is Awakening in gameplay but with a worse story, not really much to say.
Conquest has good gameplay but a story that actively drags down the game's quality. I firmly believe that it is one of the worst plots in a commercial product in the past decade and it destroys any sort of motivation and reason for the battles taking place.
Echoes has mediocre gameplay but a decent story and ends up being the middleman due to having an overall package averaging out better.
>>
>>381590454
>You only want magic users to actually be distinguishable and require good positioning against enemy magic users because of nostalgia
Maybe I'm biased because monks were ballers in Sacred Stones but how they've been treated in the 3DS games sucks. They're gone from being glass cannons against monsters and dark magic users to being kinda irrelevent. Not even trap libra makes up for that anon

>>381590708
Would you like them to remove the weapon's triangle too?
>>
>>381588303
This is the most perfect FE Tier list I've ever seen, you have superb taste, anon.
>>
>>381591368
weapons triangle and magic triangle are entirely different
>>
>>381588303
I'd move RD up a little simply because the plot isn't irredeemable (not good though) and the gameplay is infinitely better than PoR's, which was good but almost blindfold-tier easy.
>>
>>381591247

I would really like a game that further improves on Conquest's gameplay, but with the presentation of SoV. That would be an excellent FE.
>>
>>381591516
How?
>>
>>381591516
>+1/-1 damage and +10/-10 accuracy if you have weapon advantage
>+1/-1 damage and +10/-10 accuracy if you have magic advantage
>"But they're completely different!"
Really activates the almonds.
>>
File: 1495406098412.png (194KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1495406098412.png
194KB, 512x512px
Lukas is the coolest dude in the game, prove me wrong.
>>
>>381591247
>decent story
It was pretty bad.
>>
>>381591478
both of you have garbage taste. Literally "I Play video games for the story": the post

anybody who liked FE6 has no right to have an opinion on FE

>>381591814
>>381591952
There are significantly more weapons users than magic users

Magic triangle is only relevant when you have a mage fighting a mage, which doesn't come up often because there are so few mage units in FE, and in any case is poor strategizing because mages have high RES
>>
>>381591247
>Echoes has mediocre gameplay
>despite have maps worse or just as bad as awakening
>despite having the most piss easy difficulty even on hard
>Despite have the the simplest gameplay with the only complexity being 5 range archers and 3 range magic
>Mediocre

Echoes' gameplay is boring and bad.
>>
Echoes is the only FE where I have zero interest in ever replaying it
>>
>>381592070
Let's not pretend any FE has good gameplay
>>
>>381592070
FE6 isn't that bad. I actually thought it was kind of fun bringing Roy to all the thrones since it forces you to think carefully with Rescue.
>>
>>381592070
>talking shit about FE6
>saying I like FE6 for the story solely

You faggot, FE6 is one of the hardest FEs in Hard Mode.
>>
>>381592207
I've just come to this realisation myself. I finished the game two or three weeks ago and normally I'm raring to replay, but I have absolutely no drive this time.
>>
>>381592302
Epic shitpost lad.
>>
>>381592070
If the underlying mechanics are the same but it's less common then it isn't "totally different" though. Removing it only makes Magic v Magic more simplified and less engaging. It also negates the purpose of having multiple magic users in your party at any one time, making Magic on Magic fights even less frequent.
>>
>>381592106
The gameplay is fine, it changes up the rather similar mechanics of the previous two in a way that's decent at leat to experience for one playthrough.
>>381592049
It was passable, which is more than can be said for the previous ones. Decently coherent and few occasions where the viewer would typically say "what the fuck" in response to the protagonists actions.
>>381591801
Agreed.
>>
>>381592358
I also finished it weeks ago but haven't even touched the postgame.
>>
>>381591368
oh you're a FE8fag that explains everything
>>
>>381592106

I think SoV's is a case where some initiative should have been taken to spice up the maps a little rather than leave them vanilla for the most part. I enjoy the mechanics a lot (the smithing system, magic system, weapons with skills, etc.), but the maps hold the game back from being incredible.

That said, I actually enjoyed it a lot more than Awakening and Fates 'cause I wasn't constantly rolling my eyes at everything.
>>
>>381592391
I'm not even shitposting. I love FE but the gameplay is shallow as fuck even in RD and Fates.
>>
>>381592070
Dude you can enjoy playing a game for the gameplay and still expect a plot that doesn't make you want to murder the retarded writers at every word.
It's called having standards.
>>
>>381592715
RD's gameplay is fine. Some of the best defend and seize maps in the series too.
>>
>>381592448
Alm never even acknowledging that his preaching of "state of birth not mattering" getting completely thrown out the window was pretty bad. Rudolph pointlessly having Alm kill him and his men was Azura tier stupid.
>>
>>381592715
RD has good maps and enemies that will consistently win 1v1 fights, forcing you to approach engagements with strategy and occasionally back off. The only thing stopping Radiant Dawn from being a solid 10 is unit availability.
>>
>>381592889
Alm was fine for the most part, Celica fucked up more. Witholding info is not smart, too many fantasy protags do it.
>>
>>381592584
Nice rebuttal retard

>>381592761
This
>>
>>381592448
>it changes up the rather similar mechanics of the previous two
You mean it removes mechanics from the previous two and returns the gameplay to how it was 20 years ago.
>>
>>381593760
Yes, that is changing it anon.
Older styled mechanics refined somewhat are indeed changed from modern mechanics that preceeded it.
>>
>>381593460
it's not a rebuttal, it's a statement of fact.
sacred stones is garbage and the people that like it are cancer for FE discussion
>>
>>381593760
So...changing it up from the previous two?
>>
>>381594178
if fe8 is garbage why did copying it's formula revive the franchise
>>
>>381594289
because the formula isn't the problem with fe8
>>
>>381594178
>My opinions are fact
>If you disagree with me you are cancer
Why would you even go to a discussion board if you're too brain damaged to accept other opinions? Additionally why are you assuming I am a "FE8fag" because I had the audacity to mention a GBA Fire Emblem in making my point that the old Magic Triangle had merit to using it. Finally why are you grasping for straws instead of arguing why removing the magic triangle improved the series?
>>
>>381594045
>>381594247
>The gameplay is literally a dramatic downgrade from the previous entries
>Well it's a nice change of pace

Making the gameplay worse than the last 20 years of games doesn't make it refreshing it makes it bad.
>>
>>381592439
implementing an entire triangle system for something that comes up a handful of times the entire game is pointless. Integrating magic into the physical weapons triangle is a much better solution. Fates did this, and I liked that system better, but unfortunately it brought along its own set of problems
>>
>>381594670
Downgrade is an opinion. It would have been pretty boring to have the same mechanics for three entries in a row. The gameplay is different enough to feel refreshing.
>>
>>381594620
>I had the audacity to mention a GBA Fire Emblem in making my point that the old Magic Triangle had merit to using it.
it's precisely because you think you had a point that i call you an fe8fag.
>>
>>381594734
But you don't need to integrate magic users into the physical system because magic users have shit defense and physical users (generally) have shit resistance. I agree that magic users were much less common than melee enemies and archers but magic was already somewhat balanced against non-magic users. What it needed was balancing between magic users and a reason to bother keeping more than one of them at a good level which I think the old triangle did a solid job at doing.

>>381595003
>still has yet to advance an argument
good job?
>>
>>381584965
Fpbp as per usual. Literally cannot be stopped.
Anyways, I believe Echoes offers one of the best interpretations of the generic FE plot, some amazing characterization, a great choice of narrative and one some of the best world building. One of my favorite games along with PoR.
>>
SoV is my least favorite in the series and I've played them all except 1 and 3.
>>
File: 1434064727384.jpg (41KB, 437x410px) Image search: [Google]
1434064727384.jpg
41KB, 437x410px
>tfw you liked all the 3DS games
>>
>>381595426
Holy shit, either you haven't played any other games or this is bait.
>>
>>381588408
No one really cares about strategy, only about circlejerking over the most shallow aspects of the games.
>>
>>381595560
I played most of them, there's not a single FE game that I could say I disliked all the way. But feel free to sperg over it.
>>
>waaah there are no easily exploitable chockepoints, the game is bad!
>>
>>381595326
>a reason to bother keeping more than one of them
what a silly statement. That's like saying "you need a reason to have more than one swordmaster" or "you need a reason to have more than one archer" or "you need a reason to have more than one cleric." You don't NEED a reason to have more than one of anything besides the fact they were good units.
>>
>>381595791

I feel the same way, kinda. There are things I like and dislike about each game.
>>
>>381595615
>I don't care about strategy so I'm going to assume nobody else does
just because you're a retard doesn't mean everyone else is
>>
>>381595794
classic strawman
>>
>>381588303
Personally I would move echoes up to good and revelations down to dogshit, but otherwise I comepletely agree
>>
>>381587295
The game has side objectives but it's only in like two maps, the one with Desaix and the Jedah one. Also Rigel Castle map is technically defeat commander which in my opinion is not much better than rout. At least the DLC had some great maps, the Mathilda and Clair escape one is actually very good.
I also think the dungeons were great and offered amazing atmosphere and added layers to quests; Thabes was amazing even though it busted my balls. One of my favorite things about this game is how balanced the classes are. Although Dread fighters are obviously very good, Falcon Knights had terror bane, Mages ignored terrain but were balanced with spell lists and hp costs with fixed accuracy, Knights were really useful since the maps were always relatively small so you don't have an FE4 Arden situation, Archers had retarded range and hunter's volley. Clerics have warp, rescue and fortify which obviously have merits and Paladins are very strong.
>>
File: Python_Half_Portrait.png (59KB, 211x255px) Image search: [Google]
Python_Half_Portrait.png
59KB, 211x255px
>>381592002
Python exist
>>
>>381596246
Which is my point you tard. Now magic users are barely distinguishable from each other for a marginal benefit against certain physical enemies. I liked having magic users be able to counter other magic using classes because it provided an incentive to not stick with just one. You also still have yet to provide a reason for why simplification is good or why it is necessary for magic users to fit into the physical triangle if they are already distinguished by having relatively low defense but also relatively high damage against enemies with low resistance (which is most physical units).
>>
>>381596441
>Ugh, what do you mean I can't just park my strongest unit somewhere and have the enemy suicide against it? Shit game!!!!
>>
>>381588836
Gaiden had no supports at all sweetie
There's also memory prisms and the story is good, saying it isn't won't change the truth.
>>
>>381596528
He said coolest dude, not most dogshit unit whose only saving grace is the Killer Bow existing
>>
File: 1496618724964.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496618724964.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>381596807
>I don't know how to use Python
>>
>>381596682
But thats how I beat it on hard with Alm on his route and Saber on Celica's route
>>
>>381588408
>hard AI
>that means its good
ok
>>
File: pinnacle of map design.jpg (91KB, 923x552px) Image search: [Google]
pinnacle of map design.jpg
91KB, 923x552px
>>381595794
>there are no easily exploitable chockepoints
>>
>>381596807
Python is good tho, at least for me he was better than Leon on pretty much everything
>>
>>381596609
>I liked having magic users be able to counter other magic using classes
this was never, ever a consideration. It's silly to pick magic units because you wanted to counter magic units, despite the fact that using magic vs. magic is stupid

Overcomplexity is as terrible a sin as simplification. Look at PoR/RD Biorhythm for a perfect example of a pointless complex mechanic that nobody gave a shit about. Magic triangle is the same way

There's more to weapons triangle than damage. In fact, hit rate is arguably more important than damage. If lightning magic sucked against swords, you're not going to use a 40% ACC lightning magic against sword users. That's a perfect example of fitting magic into weapons triangle while also distinguishing it

>>381596682
keep trying
>>
>>381596891
How to use Python:
>give him a killer bow
>hope RNG doesn't completely fuck over his growths
>pew pew people that can't strike back because he is made out of wet paper
>>
>>381596781
>story is good
ahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>>381596807
come on now, killer bow is a fucking massive saving grace
>>
>>381597247
By FE standards it was Hugo award material
>>
>>381597247
Uh it is
You're not giving an argument
>>
>>381596965
>put saber up front
>station genny right behind him
>literally unstoppable
>>
>>381597247
It was good retard, especially compared to other games.
>>
>>381584838
It was fine. Kind of a half hearted remake all things considered, but it was fine. I like that all dialogue was voiced. I don't like that they literally just kept the map design of Gaiden.
>>
Echoes was enjoyable but weird.
Alm was an actual man compared to other heroes and had no hesitation to fuck up Rigel which was a good change of pace from pansies like Chrom
The archers on both sides were gay?
Maps were boring as shit; they were either bottlenecked by a bridge or an open range with one mage spawning terrors all day
>>
File: angry_papika.jpg (55KB, 687x663px) Image search: [Google]
angry_papika.jpg
55KB, 687x663px
>>381597493
>>381597536
>>381597612
I'm tired of people "Echoes has good writing!"

It doesn't.

Echoes is the Jay Leno of video games. It tries to be as inoffensively bland as possible. The entire plot is riddled with cliches and it plays every single one of them completely straight. "Farmboy who turns out to be a prince teams up with a ragtag group of heroes to fight an ancient evil." No twists or even attempts to be anything more. The villains (Desaix, Slayde, Jedah) come straight out of a Saturday-morning cartoon, and the "grey" villains (Berkut, Fernand) are handily defeated and immediately learn a heartwarming lesson. Even in a series known for uninspired writing, Echoes manages to be less inspired than everything before it. The entire thing reads like the assignment of an unimaginative high schooler in his first fiction class.

Alm and Celica are both so incredibly boring and inoffensive I fell asleep reading their dialogue. Alm is the bog-standard "good" protagonist, like Roy and Eliwood (and a dozen other JRPG protags) except he's actually MORE boring, seriously there's literally NOTHING noteworthy about his personality. Celica is equally terrible, with an added dash of complete stupidity in Act 4. Both of them have been justifiably compared to Gary/Mary Stus in that they're chock-full of good qualities, have no flaws, are one-dimensional, and undergo next-to-zero character development. Oh, and let's pretend the whole "it doesn't matter whether you're royalty" message got completely fucked over by Alm/Celica achieving everything by being born special.
>>
>>381597612
It was just as shitty as most of the other games it only seems better because its following Revelations' cluster fuck
>>
>>381597672
Chrom was anything but a pansy. But Alm was great though, so you're right on that, his VA made him even better.
>>
>>381588836

>They improved the supports a bit from the original

The original didn't have supports. In fact, it had very little dialogue in general. At least, between characters.
>>
>>381597743
I thought this was the one with Elise and the noose
>>
>>381585463
>>381585794
The day awakening was made was the slow death of the fire emblem genre. I hate having to stare at its abused corpse in the form of the fates series.

The waifu stuff needs to leave forever, while the animations, mechanics, and monsters need to return.
>>
>>381597743
Fire Emblem as a whole is terribly written
Many of the tropes you've listed can be found in all of the FEs
>>
>>381597743
>It tries to be as inoffensively bland as possible
As I said, Hugo award winning material compared to other FE stories
>>
>>381597672

Python's not gay. He just likes to jape and doesn't give a shit about anything.
>>
>>381597743

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved. In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.
>>
>>381584965
>>
>>381597914
People said this about 6 too.
>>
>>381597914
the irony here is that Awakening wasn't the game that started the 3d models

Both awakening and fates both had monsters - and monsters aren't even a staple FE mechanic since it wasn't in many FE games

and Conquest had the most refined mechanics in the series

you can really tell who the nufags pretending to be oldfags are
>>
>>381597672
>pansies like Chrom
what
did you get his name mixed up with Corrin
>>
>>381597612
>Compared to the 2/10 plot, this 4/10 plot is good!
Just because fates had an awful story doesn't mean echoes is good. It's bland and generic and anyone with half a functioning brain can see almost every "twist" coming
>>
>>381585170
No waifushit makes it the best by default
>>
i can already see it now

>genealogy gets remade
>UGGGHHHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ALREADY BACK TO WAIFU MATCHMAKING CRAP WHY CAN'T WE GO BACK TO TRUE CLASSIC FIRE EMBLEM LIKE ECHOES
>>
>>381598086
>and monsters aren't even a staple FE mechanic since it wasn't in many FE games
And this is the biggest crime in this franchise, bring back demons, fuck dragons.
>>
File: fe_waifufags.png (765KB, 816x1356px) Image search: [Google]
fe_waifufags.png
765KB, 816x1356px
>>381598146
every single fucking thread
>>
>>381598159
no geneology counts as a 'classic' FE, so the virtue signalling retards will bend over backwards to defend that game's shortcomings too
>>
>>381598159

I don't think anyone would mind the matchmaking in a hypothetical FE4 remake considering it actually has a huge impact on the game unlike Fates.
>>
>>381597145
>Magic vs Magic is stupid
I get your basic angle that targetting one of the few enemies with a decent Resistance stat with your only magic user isn't the best idea. But the magic triangle enables you to sidestep this issue by having inter-magic fights which were still able to do solid damage and have good hit rates. It also added more consideration to where you placed your mage because that dark magic user could kick his ass even though he had good resistance.
>Overcomplexity is bad
I agree but you can't possibly compare Biorhythm to the magic triangle. One is rock-paper-scissors, the other is the game developer equivalent of running with scissors
>Nobody gives a shit about it
It's omission made magic users overly simplified and made magic v magic as shitty as you keep insisting it is. It was still a workable (if not optimal) choice when I played FE prior to the 3DS
>There's more to the triangle than damage
Sure but is there any benefit to adding magical attacks to the physical triangle aside from hit-rate? I don't see why we had to sacrifice inter-magic depth to affect the hit-rate. Especially if we consider that anti-mage weapons or anti-sword spells could also be implemented to get around this issue
>>
>>381588408
Remainder that the spot where Camilla is placed is newbie bait, you lure three strong enemies by placing somebody there.

You are meant to kill the cavaliers on the south first.
>>
>>381596925
>good gameplay is not good
>>
>>381598379
the core problem is that magic vs. magic doesn't come up enough to warrant its own system. You can come up with the greatest magic triangle in the world and it won't change that.

Imagine if flying units had their own special snowflake flying triangle, where pegasus knights beat wyvern riders beat kinshi knights. That's an equally pointless variation of the magic triangle

Integrating magic into the weapons triangle is a much better solution and doesn't have to sacrifice complexity. My idea is to split up wind, fire, and lightning magic into sword, lance, and axe. So wind magic will act like swords, it beats lightning/axe but loses to fire/lances. Now you retain the magic triangle but you make it more relevant with the rest of the game
>>
>>381598113
It's neither bland nor generic. I think you are retarded if you think that, the story actually contributes to FE lore and connects some dots in other games.
>>
>>381599002
so basically the heroes weapon triangle
>>
>>381599002
> My idea is to split up wind, fire, and lightning magic into sword, lance, and axe. So wind magic will act like swords, it beats lightning/axe but loses to fire/lances.
FE Heroes does this, wonder if they'll apply some of the mechanics there in the new Switch game but add all the rest of the usual FE mechanics
>>
>>381599154
it's incredibly bland and generic

if you actually think Echoes/Gaiden plot is good, you have shit taste
>>
>>381584838
its so broken it becomes fun to mess around
>>
>>381599160
>>381599280
how well does it work in Heroes?
>>
>>381592302
Why am I not surprised I see such a retarded post in an Echoes thread. I've been replaying Thracia with the new menu patch and the gameplay is great. Storyfags trying to downplay the FEs with great gameplay need to die.
>>
>>381584965
>There are actually people who seriously believe this
How can Echoes possibly be the best 3DS FE when it has the worst gameplay by a disgustingly large margin, a story that isn't even better than Awakenings, and extremely flat and unmemorable characters?

The only things Echoes has going for it are art, prose, and music. It's one of the worst FE games, and certainly worse than Awakening and Fates.
>>
>>381584838
This game has some annoying maps.
>the desert map with the sniper boss
>narrow pathways
>open fields while the opponent has huge range
>the lava map full of dragons
>the map with the boss that has a move that hits everyone
Thank God for Invoke and Dread fighters
>>
File: Fates_Boxart_-_Conquest.jpg (351KB, 1500x1372px) Image search: [Google]
Fates_Boxart_-_Conquest.jpg
351KB, 1500x1372px
This game has the best maps in the series, it is a work of art, I´ve never had so much fun planning strategies or positioning characters to beat the chapters, especially on lunatic.It feels so rewarding to beat the game. I only had this feeling with Thracia 776 and with FE6.

Sure the story isn´t that good, but it feels just like the archanea games or FE6, where you don´t care about the plot and you just want to play the next map
>>
>>381600002
3 and 6 had decent stories. Nothing groundbreaking, but not skipworthy like nongfest
>>
>>381599568
Triangle affects damage since there's no Avoid or crits in the game, so frail blue mages, for example, might just survive a hit from a red sword user.
It's kinda like the GBA magic triangle that also applies to the regular weapon triangle.
>>
>>381599002
>It doesn't come up enough
A couple of fights per map isn't enough? I don't know about you anon but I felt like I got enough use out of my magic users to justify having a separate system
>Snowflake flying triange
I get your analogy but struggle to visualize it. Flying units are already hard-countered by archers/ballestae and generally speaking operate under a quasi class triangle. Wyvern have axes which beat peagus lances which are fine against Kinshi. Sure you can upgrade them and get them to operate outside of this but you could also give magic users spells which reversed their triangle.
>Heroes System
It's not too shabby 2bh, but I personally dislike how it gives physical characters even more damage against magic users and vice-versa. The extra damage make screwing up the triangle incredibly unforgiving as your enemy (or character if you fuck it up) will already be getting their shit-pushed in due to their low resistance/defense.

>>381599568
As I said it works out ok. I'd recommend trying out Heroes, as while it is incredibly simple it has some neat ideas about classVclass combat. Also you can play for like 4 hours a day for free if you're autistically good at spacing it out. I've got to go do IRL things, cya anon!
>>
>>381588408
This post should be copypasta. It truly demonstrates how good the AI in this game is compared to the rest of the series.
>>
>>381599568
it lacks a lot of depth since it's a fucking mobile game, but i think it's the right direction to take magic since now you have a reason to use more than one magic type. bows and throwing weapons were moved back outside the triangle though.
ideally i want to see swords/fire magic/3rd weapon < lances/lightning magic/throwing weapons < axes/wind magic/bows
>>
>>381600346
Third weapon will be bullets
>>
>>381600002
Was the story in Conquest really that bad though? I doubt Azura could have convinced Xander and friends to jump off a cliff or go into the lake since she was with Hoshido so long.
>>
>>381584838
No, its not good at all, its fucking great, possibly even fantastic.
>>
>>381587234
Children weren't nearly as shoehorned in as they were in Fates though.
Awakening had time-travel and yet the kids were still better done than in Fates.

>>381587295
>No interesting maps
Did you ignore Nuibaba's abode, or the horsemen corridors?

>No side objectives
You mean like the dracoshield.

>>381588408
Don't pretend the maid was done there intentionally, AI does do pair ups, staves aren't done, with the exception of entrap staves and perhaps hexing rods, which they'll use asap, rather than waiting until a better unit for them to target is in range.

>Camilla would have likely survived
Even if she dodges the 84% hit, and wasn't frozen she still would be facing two hits at about 75-80.

Also the AI doesn't properly utilise pair up because at no point will they pair up, or separate to cause more damage
>>
>>381599462
I think you are delusional. You have literally zero arguments, I have played every single fire emblem game barring 1 and I say that Echoes has one of the best stories in the series and is very good.
>>
>>381600459
the plan to make gooron sit on the truth throne is slightly worse than rudolf's 2 decade long grand plan to kill himself
>>
>>381600459
story was bad but not atrocious

revelations though, now THAT is atrocious
>>
>>381600564
>Also the AI doesn't properly utilise pair up because at no point will they pair up, or separate to cause more damage
This is a straight out lie
>>
File: laughing_fairies.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_fairies.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>381600662
so fucking true
>>
>>381600662
Rudolph's plan makes sense since it's the only way to make him a common enemy while keeping the Duma faithful at bay, and eventually keeping his radical ideas in check for Alm's rule.
>>
>>381588303
>God Tier
Genealogy of the Holy War
Path of Radiance

>Great Tier
Thracia 776
Binding Blade
Blazing Sword
New Mystery of the Emblem

>Good Tier
Radiant Dawn
Sacred Stones
Echoes
Tear Ring Saga

>Bad Tier
Shadow Dragon
Awakening
Conquest

>Dogshit Tier
Revelation
Birthright
>>
>>381600459
I don´t think it is bad, I think it just gets the job done.

A little comparison with Path of Radiance: on both games,you start invading the enemy kingdom on chapter 18, in Conquest, nothing interesting happens until the endgame, while in Path of Radiance a lot of plot relevant stuff happens that is finished on the sequel.
>>
>>381600774
When have you seen enemies that started off separate pair up to better defend a chokepoint?
When have you seen enemies in the guard stance separate to cause the extra damage needed to kill off one of your units?
>>
>>381600774
I've never seen them doing it, and they'll also keep doing their strategy based around attack stance even if you pair up all your units making it moot
>>
>>381600662
It was the only way to setup Duma's death without tipping off the faithful that he was going after both gods.
>>
>>381584838
The only people who like this game are contrarions that want to show how much better they are than people who like Awakening or Fates, despite the fact that Echoes´ gameplay is the most shallow one out of the 3.
>>
>>381586320

You're seriously, seriously underselling the extent to which the Fates story is a disaster. It is without a doubt the most poorly written video game story I've ever experienced, and one of mankind's most quality-bereft works of fiction period
>>
>>381601071
Ah, you're talking about guard stance, which yeah, you're right, they don't combine or separate, but they do use attack stance whenever possible, which is still a part of pair up.
>>
>>381600601
FE has uninspired writing as a whole. What you're basically saying is that because you've eaten shit for so long, you're better at distinguishing one type of shit from another.

>>381600564
It was done intentionally tho. AI likely has some threshold. 84% is below that threshold, while 60-70% is above it. 62% hit rate is very shaky, especially when both a 62% and 71% hit rate both need to connect. Without true RNG, that's <50% to work without Freeze.
>>
>>381601234
>telling someone they're underselling it while exaggerating yourself
you people have zero self awareness
>>
>>381587234
>One small system

Marriage is the only way you get new units after the halfway point of both Birthright and Conquest. You can ignore it if you want but it still hampers the normal roster progression of an FE game
>>
>>381585634

>balance decisions

translation: MUH WEAPON TREE
>>
>>381584838
it was a mediocre FE imo but it is undeniably the best 3DS FE. That being said, Awakening and Fates one of the worst (if not THE worst) entries in the franchise so that's not a big compliment
>>
>>381601050
I don't understand everyone's obsession with PoR it was kind of boring.
>>
>>381586894

you mean a poor man's FFT?
>>
>>381601462

I'm absolutely not
>>
>>381601714
Ike
>>
>>381600459
It's stupid but it gave us dank memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBMsY1rCBXE
>>
>>381588408

>NAMED bosses don't move in Awakening/Fates(with exceptions)
>they do in Echoes

check and mate anon
>>
>>381601714
Ike
>>
>>381601714
It's like Echoes, the story will carry you through the first playthrough but on replays the weak gameplay becomes very apparent. PoR used to be one of my favorites but doing transfer runs for RD made me realize how much of a slog it is. I still toss it some points though because the characters are great but it's not best FE ever.
>>
>>381589074

>shitposters have been talking about how okay it is while sucking Conquest's cock while ignoring what made Fates bad compared to Echoes

fixed

in reality

Conquest>Echoes>Awakening>Birthright>dragon dung>Revelations
>>
>>381601727
then you've rarely read fictional stories
either way you have no bearing to declare things like
>one of mankind's most quality-bereft works of fiction
>>
>>381584965
Awakening rescued the series from cancellation using waifus.

Conquest restored the series to good gameplay with its high quality maps, birthright pandered the awakeningfags, while revelations was just cashgrab DLC.

Echoes returned the series to good writing and presentation.

It was all a plan by IntSys to rescue the series, FE switch will be a game just as good as the tellius games.
>>
>>381600459
>"Who is that blue haired girl that dances like Azura and also looks like Azura? I guess we'll never know"
>"I am Azura"
>"I can't believe it"

It's absolutely 'that bad'
>>
>>381590708

GEE I SURE LOVE VAMPIRE MAGIC ON MY CLERICS

seriously giving them an attack was the easiest way to negate grinding them out of Cleric in other games
>>
>>381602096

I PROMISE I read more than you and outside of fanfiction I don't think I've ever read a published story worse than Fates
>>
>>381600564
The corridor map is dogshit completely trivialized by a single bow knight.
>>
>>381600662
It was the only realistic way of revealing who Garon was since you could get labeled a traitor at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>381591368

>Maybe I'm biased because monks were ballers in Sacred Stones
>MUH LIGHT MAGIC

i knew there was an assravaged SSfag complaining about the magic triangle.
>>
>>381596891

>babysitting units just to make them passable

Atlas is a better Archer anyway.
>>
>>381602269
you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about if you genuinely think you're not spilling hyperbole
>>
>>381601714
Some of the unique map objectives like Schaeffer's bishop bash, rockhead rumble, or the bridge, or the four part day-break one had cool concepts but didn't dominate how you play it, like you can play it out slowly and bait everything out, or just rush it, you can take time and effort avoiding the priests, kill the boss with siege tomes, or just mow down the priests.
THen there's the chapter with Naesala which gives you three options to choose from:
>Defeat Naesala so he retreats
>Talk to him with Janaff/Ulki then Reyson
>Rush Homasa before Naesala can fuck you up.

>>381602469
Atlas is in the wronf route.
>>
>>381602104
>FE switch will be a game just as good as the tellius games.
I hope not, I don't another line up of average games, I want it to be better than all the others.
>>
>>381596965

>do this in the Archenea Sea route with my Dread Knight Saber
>gay pirate comes with a Devil Axe
>OHKOs
>>
>>381602534
he's probably a retard who thinks "good writing = everything is internally consistent in-universe"
>>
File: rin_laughing.gif (103KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
rin_laughing.gif
103KB, 450x253px
>>381602620
how can you be this fucking bad at the game

no seriously, I can't comprehend it

if you restarted or used turnwheel at all in the first 2 acts, you are bad at FE
>>
>>381602370
I like SS but I found Light Magic and the triangle by extension to be worthless in almost every game.
>>
>>381602640

I will fucking PayPal 20 dollars to someone who can tell me a thing Fates' story does well

A single thing
>>
File: 616UBbtVWaL._SY346_.jpg (39KB, 255x346px) Image search: [Google]
616UBbtVWaL._SY346_.jpg
39KB, 255x346px
>>381602640
no he seems like a retard blissfully unaware of how deep the publishing rabbit hole is
>>
>>381602317
Or maybe someone would just launch a coup and kill the jackass that only lives to screw over everyone around him, like in many stories in these kinds of settings. Alternatively, just ask him things that only the real Garon would know about, which would expose him as a fraud. It would certainly be easier than conquering a hostile nation
>>
File: 1474411439489.png (246KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1474411439489.png
246KB, 700x700px
>>381602736
>archenea sea
>devil's axe
>first two acts

no anon, you are the retard
>>
File: 1497707270727.jpg (14KB, 400x192px) Image search: [Google]
1497707270727.jpg
14KB, 400x192px
>insecure Conqucks make yet another anti Sov thread because they were dethroned as best 3DS Fire Emblem

Kek!
>>
File: Title_24.jpg (77KB, 720x338px) Image search: [Google]
Title_24.jpg
77KB, 720x338px
>>381588303
>Path of Radiance
>Genealogy of the Holy War
>God tier

>yet Thracia, Conquest, and Radiant Dawn are in great, good and bad and New Mystery is nowhere to be found.
It's a sad day when even fucking reddit has better taste than /v/.
>>
>>381602580

>in the wrong route

Too bad they took out fountain transfering party members between armies like in Gaiden because of story dialogue.

>WHAT'S THAT?

you get someone intentially killed then revive them at the opposite parties Fountain of Life. Can't do it in Echoes sadly.
>>
>>381602757
It was useful for extra evade against dark-magic using monsters.
Like the extra 30 evade will relly help Lute against Gorgons and evil eyes.

>>381603127
That's clever, I never even thought of doing that
>>
File: meimer.png (668KB, 716x519px) Image search: [Google]
meimer.png
668KB, 716x519px
>>381600860
>>381601148
>>381602317
>have mycen take your son
>son grows up on a farm in bumfuck nowhere
>war time comes around
>son adequately trained
>mycen forbids him from going to war
>plan would have failed if Alm decided to listen to the only father figure he ever had
wow, such... clever planning
>>
>>381602736

you know he is talking about postgame right?
>>
>>381603005
>implying they ever were the best
>>
>an ancient evil awakens
>it's up to a farmboy (who's secretly a lost prince) and his ragtag group of misfits to save the world.

woah...such originality...truly GOTY
>>
>>381603219
>Extra 30
its +15 and its usually irrelevant because mage vs mage combat are tinkfests or solved by barrier /pure water making it into a tinkfest for you.
>>
>>381603436
It's not about the premise, it's the execution
>>
Why does /v/ shitpost Echoes so much?
>>
The only flaw Echoes has is maps. It does everything else better than every other 3ds fire emblem. I have no idea how anyone could think it isn't the best.
>>
>>381603436
>ragtag group of misfits to save the world
This is every FE ever.
>>
>>381603602
We don't. It's just angry Conquest fags who miss their waifu face petting mini game
>>
>>381603462
It's 30 because if Lute was using anima she'd be getting -15 dodge, if she's using light she gets +15 dodge, making it 30 extra evade, unless you glitched to give her dark magic.
>>
>>381603537
and echoes execution wasn't stellar by any stretch of the imagination

execution was merely "okay" which doesn't even come close to saving the terrible premise

you need both a good premise and good execution in order to have a good story
>>
I got the game when it came out and I'm still just starting chapter 4. The gameplay is so god awful that I just end up turning it off after 20-30 mins of playing. In fact, I'm seriously considering just watching an LP of the last two chapters so I can see the story without having to play it anymore.
>>
>>381584838
It's easily the worst remake I've ever played.
>>
>>381603436
That's not the premise of the story though
>>
>>381603436
you say this like you haven't played any FE ever
>>
>>381603719
I personally thought it did a fantastic job retelling and expanding the story of the original Gaiden. Even it's OC villains were great
>>
>>381600002
Keep using that work of art buzzword. In time, I'm sure that you will reach the same level of notoriety as XVfag and the 10-day platinum trophy bloodborne shitposter.

Not everyone likes to deal with grisly wound and lunge bullshit, over-reliance on dragon veins, how every enemy seems to have a 3% crit rate that can screw you over at any point, how all your units hover around 85% hit rate with iron weapons, and the awful weapon and forging system.

>>381603436
>King dad is a bit of an asshole
>therefore, the only way to reveal his true identity is to conquer the hostile nation next to you, causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands and displacing millions.
>>
>>381603667
People who care about gameplay. Nu FE was a mistake.
>>
>>381603712
see>>381598274

>>381603716
what a dumbass statement. Magic triangle and weapons triangle in GBA games both turned irrelevant past midgame because bonuses didn't scale. Your swordmasters could wreck the shit out of lance users because that paltry 2 damage and 15% hit didn't matter for shit against like a million avoid and killing edges. Pent ate other magic users for breakfast with 0 regard for triangles. Halfway through the game everything comes down to stats

The new FE games actually fix this by having triangle bonuses scale with weapon rank

you're completely full of shit if you think weapon triangle mattered at all once you promoted in GBA games
>>
>>381604006
>Not everyone likes to deal with grisly wound and lunge bullshit
how fucking casual are you holy fuck

god forbid you actually use your brain in a turn-based STRATEGY game
>>
>>381604009
Awakening was fine. It's Fates that was a toilet bowl
>>
>>381604102
I was always talking about magic users, and gorgons hit like a truck with shadowshot, even higher res characters like Lute.

When there's a bunch of 8 gorgons or so like you have surrounding Lyon in the final chapter or parts of Lagdou that can two hit her than an extra 30 avoid will help a lot
>>
File: 1498172677866.jpg (57KB, 468x571px) Image search: [Google]
1498172677866.jpg
57KB, 468x571px
>>381604224
>Conquestfags think the S in SRPG means Strategy
>>
>>381604006
>Not everyone likes to deal with grisly wound and lunge bullshit, over-reliance on dragon veins, how every enemy seems to have a 3% crit rate that can screw you over at any point, how all your units hover around 85% hit rate with iron weapons, and the awful weapon and forging system
None of that is true expect for the shitty RNG. The weapons and forging is better than the previous games, you don't have to use the dragons vein, and skills like lunge and grisly wound make the enemies a actual threat for a first.

>>381604243
Awakening was shit don't kid yourself.
>>
>>381604480
Know what's funny? I always thought it WAS Strategy. It's actually "Simulation", and means that the games "focus on Tactics rather than Strategy."

>Strategy is undertaken before the battle. Tactics are implemented during battle. These two concepts must work in tandem, without doing so one cannot efficiently achieve goals.

I had no idea about this, that's crazy
>>
>>381603667
The characters are bland as fuck. They look pretty, but that is it.
>>
>>381604447
I recently played SS so I know exactly what you're talking about and you're still wrong. I don't remember what I did to beat the final chapter, but I remember it was easy as shit since you have OP as fuck legendary weapons that prove far superior to the irrelevant magic triangle.
>>
>A group of misfits lead by a lost prince saves the world from the evil empire and dragons
>The prince from the first game leads a group of misfits to save the world again because his best friend turned evil
>A knight set off to save his next door neighbor and eventually ends up getting himself killed. Then you follow his son and a group of misfits as they save the world from his satanic half brother
>An exiled prince and his group of misfits save his country from the evil empire and a bunch of whos in a cult
>A noble and his group of misfits save the world from the evil empire and dragons
>A noble and his group of misfits save the world from a robin hood gang gone rogue
>A pair of twins save the world from the evil empire and demons lead by their corrupted best friend
>A ragtag group of mercs save the world from the evil empire and put a princess back on her throne.
>A ragtag group of misfits save the evil empire from the previous game from being oppressed. Then it eventually devolves into a world war where the old protag shows up and takes over the leadership spot for a gang of misfits
>A bunch of misfits save the world from two evil empires, a cult and fix the future
>A bunch of misfits save the world from an evil empire that no one can say the name of
>>
>>381604447
That would probably matter if you couldn't just one turn the final chapter anyway.
>>
File: when_the_song_hits_just_right.webm (810KB, 676x402px) Image search: [Google]
when_the_song_hits_just_right.webm
810KB, 676x402px
>map design and difficulty of Conquest
>presentation and voice acting of Echoes
>BEXP system from Tellius games
>Skill system from Tellius games
>Elevation mechanic from RD
>sprite art from GBA games

is this the perfect FE?
>>
>>381605443
Why the sprite art of GBA when it's not visually impressive in any way.
>>
>>381605443
>Skill system from Tellius
Nah, I'd prefer a system where every character has their own unique set of skills.
>>
>>381605443
You forgot the support system from PoR. Which is objectively the best in the series
>>
These kinds of threads are so stupid.
Everyone knows you're begging the question in order to enumerate everything you disliked about the game, so why the fuck don't you just say it in the OP?
>>
>>381605443
>Skill system from Tellius games
Personal skills would be the best honestly.
>>
>>381605638
god forbid we have discussion

holy fuck what are you even doing here
>>
>>381605443
>sprite art from GBA games
Change GBA with Jugdral and you're good, field sprites on the GBA look awful.
>>
>>381605516
>>381605928
holy fuck how can you have taste THIS shit
>>
>>381605923
I'm saying /v/ loves to do this shit where you recycle these shitty thread-starter sentences that add nothing to the discussion.

How about making OPs with substance? ffs
>>
>>381605516
>visually impressive in any way.
>>
>>381606110
You try getting a thread to 200+ replies without doing that. Those types of OPs are common for a reason
>>
>>381606110
how can someone be this bad at 4chan
>>
File: Teleports behind you.gif (650KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
Teleports behind you.gif
650KB, 512x446px
>>381606026
I enjoy watching static sprites also!
>>
File: V-EMBLEM2.png (36KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
V-EMBLEM2.png
36KB, 240x160px
>>381606026
Nigger what, go compare this with FE4 and 5. GBA battle animations look fine but the field is just an eyesore, mainly because of how bright the damn games are.
>>
>>381606275
>>381606276
Just put together some greentext list about the shit you disliked, people reply to it.

It's not like you NEED to use the /v/-approved meme sentence. In fact using it is practically the same as just making a fucking general, sans pastebins and shit.

It's just lazy, it's the kind of shit that just baits shitposting.
>>
File: Shanaan's you.gif (2MB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
Shanaan's you.gif
2MB, 512x446px
>>381606223
I just like watching units move when they do stuff.
>>
>>381606343
oh you mean map sprites. eh they're okay

>>381606316
>>381606818
these look like garbage
>>
>>381588408
OR, now hear me out on this one, the staff-wielder would have frozen Camila FIRST, and the initial bow attack would have hit, killing her instantly and still allowing the Paladin a whole move to do something differently.

Inefficient AI.
>>
File: fe_rwby_hack2.gif (447KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
fe_rwby_hack2.gif
447KB, 240x160px
>>381606774
*tips fedora*

ironically, the only shitposter here is you not talking about video games

go to fucking /qa/ if you want to complain about metashit

>>381606223
GBA battle sprites are a wealth of untapped potential

people say they're too expensive to make, but if a bunch of basement-dwelling weaboos can make top-quality sprite art for their fanfiction crossover, I can't help but think IS isn't trying very hard
>>
>>381607068
bow had an 84% chance to kill her. That's not odds you want to waste a Freeze charge on.
>>
>>381607165
The enemy never reacts.
>>
>>381607248
so add a flinch animation or something

gba sprite-art is the pinnacle of graphics in FE
>>
>>381607247
That would be true for a human player. In most fire emblem games I've played, the bots have overextended themselves in far worse ways to ensure ONE casualty.
>>
>>381607357
and Conquest AI doesn't

amazing

like I said before, AI is very likely programmed to have a threshold to use that freeze on
>>
File: fe_rwby_hack.gif (381KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
fe_rwby_hack.gif
381KB, 240x160px
>>381607165
some more sprite art

I can't be the only person who loves this shit
>>
>>381607454
No, Conquest A.I. instead decides to freeze AFTER what COULD have been a killshot, therefore wasting an entire unit movement that could be used for something else.
>>
>>381607543
because it decided that 84% OHKO is already safe enough to not waste a freeze charge on

jesus fucking christ you're dense as fuck
>>
File: fe_rwby_hack4.gif (2MB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
fe_rwby_hack4.gif
2MB, 240x160px
>>381607529
>>
>>381584838
The main thing this game is praised for is overrated as hell.
>>
>>381607529
>>381607759
Well the person who made it might like it.
>>
File: fe_rwby_hack5.gif (2MB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
fe_rwby_hack5.gif
2MB, 240x160px
>>381607759
>>
>>381584965
This is literally what this board thinks, meaning 90% of peoples opinions here are trash. Echoes has the worst gameplay in the entire series, and the series isn't known for good storytelling so who gives a shit about that. Fire Emblem Conquest is the best game in the series on pure gameplay. Fight me
>>
>>381603436
Duma wasn't an ancient evil retard
The point of the story is that humanity should not depend on the divine dragons as god, since they will go mad at some point. Duma was a smart, wise ruler who went mad.
>>
>>381607529
>>381607759
>rwby
>>
File: fe_rwby_hack6.gif (547KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
fe_rwby_hack6.gif
547KB, 240x160px
>>381607863
>>381607943
shit show but you can't deny these guys spent a ton of effort on making great sprites
>>
>>381607665
Except there wasn't anything else in range of the maid, not casting freeze would waste the movement anyway. In most experiences, the bot should go for 100% success if it was the brutal, tactical mastermind you claim. It would not GAMBLE on 84% when an unused unit could make it 100%.
>>
>>381608043
it's not about wasting movement, it's about wasting a staff charge you illiterate mong

>84% isn't safe enough
go fuck yourself. The AI is more intelligent than you are
>>
>>381586854
Echoes doesn't feel like Fire Emblem. One item inventories, dungeons, magic being used with HP, and etc. does not feel like Fire Emblem.

>>381586527
Not everyone but there are many that due hence why they also have to mention Fates or Awakening (games they apparently hate and consider trash.) to try and elevate Echoes. If Echoes was such a good game they wouldn't have to mention games that they believe to be bad to make Echoes appear as good.
>>
>>381600564
>Also the AI doesn't properly utilise pair up because at no point will they pair up, or separate to cause more damage

Are you retarded? That would be poor design to allow enemies to choose when to pair up or not. I shouldn't need to tell you why either, just use your brain for a few minutes.
>>
>>381588303
>Genealogy of the Holy War

This isn't god tier. Gameplay is boring as hell.
>>
>>381608124
Enemy units should care a lot less about wasting charges, since they're only going to be using that shit for the duration of that particular map. It's got 4 fuckin uses, she'll be long dead before she gets even half of those off.
>>
>>381608605
but muh story tho
>>
>>381601843
That actually makes the game easier if anything.

It's easy to lure them off of a healing spot that gives Avoid. s
And since all units can only hold one item they run back to healing spots as soon as they're low on HP. Fire Emblem bosses in general have never really been hard.
>>
>>381608721
^this. Not only that, but that was just a stupid player move to begin with. Saying the AI is adept because they capitalized on it is like saying a bodybuilder is a masterful MMA combatant because they elbowdropped a handicapped person who fell out of their wheelchair.
>>
>>381584838
wow what a fucking idiot, you play fire emblem games?
actually, you play video games? seriously shit taste dude

but if I were the kind of person with shit taste enough to actually enjoy video games occasionally, i would probably have thought that echoes was fun

good thing i don't actually like video games
i only post on /v/ ironically
you fucking nerd
>>
Holy shit, i am glad i hold back finishing echoes until the cipher DLC was out, Emma is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>381608721
what a dumb assumption. so I guess using a freeze on a 99% OHKO is intelligent by your standards

>>381609058
they capitalized on a weakness using perfect sequencing. And it's not just this. The AI in this clip is indicative of the AI quality through all of Conquest. AI intelligently uses attack stance, staves, and correct sequencing throughout the entire game
>>
>>381609058
it's not about the player's boneheaded move it's about the sequence of events capitalizing on the game's mechanics that the ai utilized
>>
>>381595794
>easily exploitable chockepoints

>He didn't play far enough to get to Desaix's RNG castle of masochistic fun
>>
>>381609302
If I was the AI, that's exactly what I'd do, yes. The nature of the games nowadays aren't as conducive to ironmanning as FE1/SD were considering how front-loaded the casts are, so the win con for them is getting one of your units killed. If they can get a 100% shot at doing so there's no reason to be inefficient about it.

If you're going to give your enemies resources they'd better be using them whenever possible.
>>
>>381596965
The boss moving just made this map even easier. If the boss had stayed put the player would've had to stop abusing the chokepoint and actually engage the enemy. Just one example of how moving bosses doesn't actually make them harder.
>>
File: 1493518869646.jpg (99KB, 512x620px) Image search: [Google]
1493518869646.jpg
99KB, 512x620px
Why can't /v/ just agree that people like Fire Emblem for different reasons and some games cater to certain tastes better than others?
>>
>>381609626
you're looking at this through the benefit of hindsight. No intelligent entity would waste 1/4 staff charges on an 84% hit rate (in reality much higher due to double-roll RNG). It's only after the attack missed that you're saying this. If the attack had hit - which it very likely would've - then conserving the staff charge would've been the genius thing to do.
>>
>>381609454
A sequence of events that was wholly unnecessary. For anything less than 90%, the AI should have endeavored as hard as possible to secure the kill. That means that the maid should always go first with the freeze before any other actions are taken, then the enemies should attack the frozen target in the priority order of Critical damage (bows vs fliers, armorslayer vs armor, etc), followed by ranged attacks, then weapon triangle advantage, then neutral. In this way, the target is in an unwinnable situation, and is dead that turn, if not the next one. I understand that this AI can be pretty good when it comes to engaging the enemy's main group, when such sequencing matters, but when picking off someone who is so far out of position, you better damn well make sure you secure the fuck out of that kill.
>>
>>381604006
>Enemies are actually threatening
>He doesn't like this in a strategy game
>>
>>381609826
because 4chan is about proving your taste is superior to other people's. Fuck off back to r3ddit if you want a hugbox where everybody sucks each other's cock
>>
>>381609508
>on field archer group spawns on Desaix's map
>becomes impossible to save Mathilda
echoes has good game design
>>
>>381607921
>I share this board with people who actually think this
>>
>>381609962
No intelligent player would stock up all their units with only shitty silver weapons either, but sometimes it pays for the AI to be dumb, as long as it inconveniences you more. The thing is that you're so hooked on conserving staff charges, when realistically the AI won't get enough chances to actually use them in normal gameplay regardless.
>>
>>381604243
Awakening is shit. It was debatably more ambitious than Fates.
>>
>>381606818
Ayra's family is fucking broken.
>oh no I didn't account for Ishtar coming over, fuck what will I do, I just spent ages figuring out how to deal with the mage sisters
>oh wait Larcei is in range thanks her to leg ring
>lmao brave sword
>>
>>381610263
hindsight
>>
>>381605635
This. GBA support system is fucking terrible.
>>
>>381584838
It was the worst of the 3DS trio. Still can't bring myself to finish it since it was so boring.
>>
>>381610036
>For anything less than 90%
>see it's not actually good if i set an arbitrary cutoff above the game ai's own cutoff
the impressive thing was that the ai was able to preserve a staff charge when the situation was statistically in its favor then used good positioning combined with the staff to secure the kill after the miss roll.
>>
File: DCxX0TMWsAEAYp5.png (159KB, 506x624px) Image search: [Google]
DCxX0TMWsAEAYp5.png
159KB, 506x624px
>>381606343
The wonders of GBA games before the backlight was a thing.
>>
>>381608043
So you're telling me every time you have a Freeze staff and one of your characters has a 99 or less percent chance to hit the enemy, you use the freeze staff?
>>
File: Scaramouche.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Scaramouche.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>381584838
i honestly hate the roaming armies.

on there own they are meaningless distractions. but when they join story missions they can change levels from normal mode to hard mode by random chance. Instead of by player choice or developer intention. it just feels wrong
>>
>>381610698
this
>>
>>381610734
I think he is saying it is more amazing that the AI managed to make the best out of a bad situation.
In most FE games once the first hit had missed you would be safe.
One thing I like about fates is that enemies won't block one of their own guys if they can hit you at range.
Most FE games the unit in the way of the unit who can hit you will never move.
>>
It's a nice JRPG, but not a good FE. Worse games get praised here desu.
>>
>>381610698
This is going nowhere. I will continue to assert that the adjustment of tactics is unnecessary, and you will continue to claim that saving a staff use is worth the chance of failure, which results in the staff being used anyway, followed by the (in my opinion unnecessary) use of another unit's movement just to secure the kill.

We are not going to convince each other, this discussion holds no further value. Let's agree to disagree.
>>
>>381610263

Kek. Yes it will. As soon as you move a unit down south the AI will trap them with freeze each and every turn it can. Forcing you to be careful about who you actually send down there because they'll be trapped for a few turns.
>>
>>381611202
But you are the one who is correct.
It's just a shame that you had to have a retarded youtuber as the source of your claim.
>>
>>381611202
the problem with your argument is that you don't believe a 84% is a reasonable thing to bank on and that you assume everyone who plays it will reset on every death, so securing the 100% kill is most important. the fact that the ai made that consideration is what makes it well designed.
>>
>>381610991
I think you need to read his and my post again. That's not what I'm talking about.
>>
>>381610786
Everyone hates them. But you can abuse them easily to rack up Silver Marks quickly.
>>
>>381611621
I don't need to.
My post is correct.
>>
>>381610698
That's not really impressive
The game expected you to die but you didn't and you were in staff range so it staffed you and then attacked you with bows
>>
>>381610786
As stupid as the random battles are you only need to select 'Wait' to make them charge you instead of charging them.
>>
>ISIS will never make a FE as aesthetically pleasing as thracia 776 again

It hurts
>>
>>381611851
>completely ignoring sequencing
>can't even strawman correctly
the AI is more intelligent than you
>>
File: HOOOOOOOOOY.gif (28KB, 180x84px) Image search: [Google]
HOOOOOOOOOY.gif
28KB, 180x84px
>>381605443
Never cared for the GBA spritework too much, too stiff and boring. Like look at peg knights to get an idea of what I mean. Generals are the exception, since that works in their favor and gives a sense of power and fortitude.
>>
>>381611940
>charge AI
>story map becomes even more tedious
>AI charges you
>bow knight snipes your cleric because you can't reposition your units
echoes has good game design
>>
>>381613025
What do you mean by aesthetically pleasing?
>>
>>381613413
How are Pegasus Knights stiff?
>>
>>381584838
shit was fucking radical dawg. I'm sorry your bad at video games but don't worry awakening has a baby mode just for you
>>
>>381615231
echoes was sleep inducingly easy my guy
>>
>>381613413
nigga Pegasus Knights had one of the most fluid attack animations
>>
I enjoyed it, but it obviously wasn't flawless
>>
>>381601050
I'd agree
>>
>>381615231
lol
>>
File: 73-ravencrit.gif (482KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
73-ravencrit.gif
482KB, 480x320px
>>381613413
Crits are GOAT tho
>>
>>381605443
>map design and difficulty of Conquest
Stopped reading there. Conquest's maps were fucking boring.
Give me the Genealogy maps.
>>
>>381584838
It's a good remake. It does a good job taking the original without changing things to the point of it being nothing like the original. As a FE game, it's a remake of the black sheep of the series. It plays nothing like the other games, but I personally think it's still pretty fun.
>>
File: IMG_0885.gif (22KB, 148x106px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0885.gif
22KB, 148x106px
>>381615137
>>381615516
They just shift into the character, full stop, and then fly back into the shitty stilted idle sprite.
>>
File: 1407382377957.png (232KB, 538x573px) Image search: [Google]
1407382377957.png
232KB, 538x573px
>Kenta Nakanishi (center left)

>Part of Nintendo. Director of this game (Echoes). In charge of FE0 (Cipher0.

>Nakanishi: My father died when I was really young. I remember, though, that he loved Fire Emblem. He is the one who got me interested in playing the series, and taught me how to play. When my father passed away, the latest game in the series was Mystery of the Emblem. I included a copy of it as part of other memorabilia with his coffin. After that, when sorting through the things he left behind, I came across his copy of Dark Dragon and the Blade of Light, as well as Gaiden. Needless to say, I reminisced about the times with my deceased father as I played through them. As such, I have an incredibly strong emotional attachment to these two games.

>Q: Was his save data still on it?

>Nakanishi: Yes, it was.
>>
>>381595791
I'm the same. I really did hate a lot of the stuff in Fates, but I guess I just really love fantasy SPRGs
>>
>>381616380
No need to repost this. I already know why Echoes was ruined the way it was.
>>
>>381616889
>I already know why Echoes was ruined the way it was.
Ruined by people who genuinely loved the original?
Please kill yourself now
>>
>>381615937
>Conquest maps bad
>Genealogy maps good

AHAHAHAHAHA

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Genealogy is an amazing game, but the maps are by far the worst part of the game. Kingdom-sized maps are a neat gimmick, but they end up being Awakening-like in the end.
>>
File: 1403030966978.png (128KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1403030966978.png
128KB, 308x308px
>>381615937
>Give me the Genealogy maps.
Big empty maps better than conquest maps
Please just die
>>
>>381607921
>People go on about how PoR and RD are the best
>Literally Sacred Stones levels of balancing where half the cast is godly and Ike can solo the game
>RD's difficulty stems from how you get god units later on and have to baby Micaiah's shitter brigade for the first part of the game
>>
File: sylvan cherubsprout.png (173KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sylvan cherubsprout.png
173KB, 400x400px
>>381584838
The atmosphere and general feeling I got from the gameplay and story made me feel like I was playing what FE was before Awakening, and I loved that. Beautiful art, a story that made me feel at home, and gameplay to match.
Before someone jumps down my throat about liking it for these though, I liked all FE games I've played. It's just that there was a split in how I felt playing them between RD and Echoes, and the games within that split felt like a different series, one that was still enjoyable but not really what I got from FE.
>>
>>381617319
>and gameplay to match
>>
>>381597743
>Oh, and let's pretend the whole "it doesn't matter whether you're royalty" message got completely fucked over by Alm/Celica achieving everything by being born special.
this is what really bothered me
>>
>>381617314
Dude you're cherry picking hard as hell and ignoring some of the better qualities of the Tellius Saga.

Every Fire Emblem has flaws and will look like utter shit if all you do is focus on the flaws.
>>
>>381617460
Did I stutter?
>>
>>381617314
There's not a single person alive that praises PoR because the gameplay.
>>
>>381617143
Kek. He didn't love the original. He convinced himself that he loved the original because of the nostalgia for his father attached to the game. He kept the games as faithful as possible with all its flaws because he can't move on from the past.
>>
>>381617752
There are plenty of people who like Path of Radiance's gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>381603239
Mycen didn't think he was ready to leave the village yet because he still needed to mature. Leading the resistance forces him to do so and by the time Alm reaches the castle, Mycen agrees that he is ready.
>>
>>381617707
>Echoes
>Better gameplay than Fates
>Better gameplay that FUCKING AWAKENING'S TRAINWRECK

Then again, an RD fan probably doesn't know what good gameplay is like.
>>
File: (you).jpg (45KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
45KB, 392x495px
>>381617921
When did I say anything about the gameplay being "better" or "worse" than either of those? I said I enjoyed them in a different way.
Congratulations anon, you hit a target you set up yourself.
>>
Echoes improved some aspects but they nerfed a few characters that had no real reason to hit a nerf stick and the class balance is still ass. On top of making Celica look like a complete retard relative to Alm.
>>
>>381605443
>map design of Conquest
Man go play Thracia, RD or the GBA games you fucking Conquest baby. I'm tired of people overrating Conquest so hard. It's good but far from the best maps the series has had.
>>
>>381618496
I think Conquest 10 is better than RD 2-E.
>GBA games
lol
>>
>>381617921
>guy doesn't mention anything about ranking them at all and says he enjoys them all
>FUCKING RETARDED RD FAN, CONQUEST AND EVEN AWAKENING WERE BETTER
This is why people hate FE fans. Good lord that was one of the most neutral posts in the thread and you set up your own idiotic little victim complex for things they didn't even say.
>>
>Play cipher DLC 1
>Emma ask me to save her husbando
>Be a dick and say "no" shitloads of times
>she has like 10 different voiced lines for this
Based.
>>
>>381618573
GBA games all had great map design. Their problem was more in the mechanics department.
>>
>>381618250
>On top of making Celica look like a complete retard relative to Alm.
Celica can't wield Falchion and can't kill Divine Dragons. Her entire side of the story is literally irrelevant except for the time she opened a gate so Alm could cross the border into Rigel and the time she killed a mage causing earthquakes so Alm could cross a mountain. If she didn't constantly shove herself into the story by fucking things up for Alm she would be less relevant than Clair.
>>
Best one yet.
>>
Why do people defend conquest so much? I reached chapter 22 on lunatic before dropping it because I can't be assed to spend a few more hours torturing myself on this game. This is coming from a man who tortured himself on a stupid awakening lunatic+ run. My castle a shit. Forging a shit. Unlimited weapons a shit because you get thrown amazing items to use forever. Weapon balance a shit. Game/animations/plot/characters/art is at times decent but most of it a shit. DLC a shit. Corrin a shit. Supports a shit. Children a shit. Just because maps are good doesn't justify everything else being garbage. What you think gameplay is the sole reason people play FE? FE is some hardcore series? Not only that but conquest's gameplay isn't even that amazing. I enjoyed echoes because it was a solid breath of fresh air compared to the shitstain of awakening and fates. I groaned at some maps but they were over very quickly and the plot and dialogue wasn't amazing but I at least watched them and they kept me engaged compared to me skipping them in the past two games. The final two plot dungeons were pretty fun too but they felt like they should've been midgame content. If the game had more length. IE they threw in a new continent with like 2-3 acts the game would've been GOAT.
>>
>>381618771
Conquest design blows GBA games out of the water

FE6 has same-turn reinforcements

FE7 has enemy spam up the ass

FE8 shouldn't even need explaining
>>
>>381617921
Pathetic. He said he liked it and didn't even say shit about CQ and FEA, just that he liked them in a way different from the others.
>>
>>381618930
If it wasn't for the remake adding Berkut and Fernand, nothing of importance would happen in the entirety of Alm's chapter 3 and over half of his Chapter 4.

The remake added Conrad to Celica's side but he didn't help in the slightest.
>>
>>381619071
>FE6 has same-turn reinforcements
In FE6 defend, all maps with reinforcements have a small cutscene where the boss call for said reinforcement, so at least the player is aware
>>
File: 1435833736696.jpg (107KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1435833736696.jpg
107KB, 500x334px
>>381618683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk-I051M1_o
>>
>>381619057
This has to be a pasta. Have a (You).
>>
>>381619057
Except everything else isn't just garbage. Conquest has some of the best balance in the series.

>Unlimited weapons a shit because you get thrown amazing items to use forever.

Which items? Many items in Fates have debuffs.
>>
>>381619057
you sound so fucking casual it's amazing

>>381619280
I don't remember this being true, but even if it was, it doesn't mean shit if you don't know exactly where they're coming from and what units they are. A general spawning in the corner is very different from an archer spawning in a fort right next to your flyer

don't even fucking try to defend same-turn reinforcements
>>
>>381619293
it's a shame they reuse that map for the third or fourth time for fucking DLC
>>
>>381619071
>FE6 has same-turn reinforcements
That's the only problem. Otherwise, FE6 has some the best maps in the series with very well thought out events and unique hazards.
>FE7 has enemy spam up the ass
It's been a really long time since I've played 7 but as far as I can remember, the maps were all solid.
>FE8 shouldn't even need explaining
I'm willing to bet all your problems with FE8 come from the mechanics. Actual map layouts themselves are all pretty great. FE8 is just too short and too easy but that has nothing to do with the actual map grids.
>>
File: 1479642883360.jpg (127KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479642883360.jpg
127KB, 640x640px
>>381619057
You're not explaining why any of that is shit. You calling it shit doesn't make you right. Especially when you have no argument for why it's apparently shit.
>>
>>381619071
FE8's biggest problem is that it was an easy game made even easier when it got ported over to NA because enemies had very poor stats.

Design wise, FE8 had some very nice ideas such as Chapter 16 where the enemy AI would change tactics when you got past a certain part of the map and Chapter 13A where if you took too long then Pablo would bring his entire army on your flank.
>>
>>381617921
>stops replying after people point out how much of a conflict seeking tard he is
Well I can't blame you I guess. Read the post you're replying to next time, okay little buddy?
>>
>>381619491
>FE8's biggest problem is that it was an easy game made even easier when it got ported over to NA because enemies had very poor stats.

Now I want to play Sacred Stones in japanese.
>>
>>381619407
Reinforcements in 6 almost always spawn from forts or stairs. While it does use same turn reinforcements, its very easy to plan for them.
>>
>>381619436
>>381619491
gameplay is more than just map design. It incorporates shit like enemy AI, combat mechanics, enemy str/skills, etc. of which as a package, conquest blows the the GBA games out of the water. Good map design doesn't mean shit if same-turn reinforcements force trial-and-error gameplay on you or if the maps are so easy you can solo them with Seth.
>>
>>381619571
Its still easy but quite a few characters have different growths and bases.

https://serenesforest.net/general/localisation-changes/gameplay/
>>
>>381619673
>If the maps are so easy that you can solo them
You can solo maps in Conquest too like the infamous furry spam map where Beastkiller Xander, Camilla or Corrin completely fucks their shit up.

Although if you're playing for LTC, you're going to be using more than just one unit to pull it off. Same thing for FE8.
>>
>>381619357
What is siegfried. What is brynhildr. Sure a lot of weapons have debuffs but some of the weapons are straight up crazy good from flame shurikens to shining bows. No skills but the might and res hitting.
>>381619407
>casual
Cool. So you've done LTC runs too? Lunatic+ awakening no grind?(Stupid but okay) When was being casual a bad thing?
>>381619441
Yea it's a shitpost. I don't like the game it plays bad to me.
>>
File: HEART this guy smug.jpg (80KB, 691x667px) Image search: [Google]
HEART this guy smug.jpg
80KB, 691x667px
>>381607454
You're full of shit, the AI doesn't have to hold onto anything, they exist for this one map and that's it. Not using the freeze first shows a flaw in your supposed incredible AI.
>>
>>381619595
>literally defending SMR

FE6fags are the fucking worst

>>381619895
you can solo some maps in Conquest. You can solo some maps in every game. You can't solo Conquest
>>
File: HFA-Characteristics.png (4MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
HFA-Characteristics.png
4MB, 2000x2000px
>>381584965
>>
>>381619750
>Path of Radiance
>Sephiran can no longer learn the Vigilance skill
Kek, spoilers. I'm amazed I never heard about this pre-Radiant Dawn.
>>
>>381620012
>jumping into a post chain that died 2 hours ago
go back up and read the rest of the post chain for why you're wrong

>>381619997
so casual it hurts
>>
File: 1480398677718.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480398677718.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>381619997
>When was being casual a bad thing?
>>
>>381620032
Considering that its possible to 0% growths Conquest, a solo isn't that farfetched. Also, there's nothing wrong with same turn reinforcements as long as the player is given adequate warning about when/where they're going to spawn.
>>
File: Nabata2.png (39KB, 512x352px) Image search: [Google]
Nabata2.png
39KB, 512x352px
>FE6 has good map design
>>
>>381620305
>Considering that its possible to 0% growths Conquest, a solo isn't that farfetched
except it's literally, never been done. Not a single youtube playthrough of it. I've searched.

>Also, there's nothing wrong with same turn reinforcements as long as the player is given adequate warning about when/where they're going to spawn

except you never know exactly where they spawn and you never fucking know what type of unit spawns. God you're fucking stupid. I cannot believe fucking retards are legitimately defending SMR in FE. FE6fags have a fucking brain disorder
>>
>>381610786
>>381611710
that's part of the problem if you want to complete side mission but not have your part inflated with extra exp tough for you. it's basically if you were forced to do the optional risen stuff in awaking
>>
>>381620402
>Cherry picking

>>381620305
>>
File: It's all downhill from here.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
It's all downhill from here.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>381620402
Wow you sure showed us.
>>
>>381620304
>>381620190
So tell me hardcore FE players what so hardcore about your games. FE was never hard.
>>
>>381584838

I'm enjoying it you IMPOSSIBLE KIKE

It's different from the last 15 Fire Emblems and no that isn't automatically a bad thing. The stats are more manually adjustable and your skills cost health to use, it's better than passive skills and consumable weapons IMO as it rewards players decisions instead of punishing players for trying a weapon.

Also the rewind ability was better than soft-resetting.
>>
It's bait, don't respond
>>
>>381620523
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm0y2zkrxaM
>>
>>381620636
>FE was never hard.
backtracking harder a broken record player

dodging harder than a fat kid in gym class

moving goalposts harder than a coach during soccer practice

strawmanning harder than a farmer in harvest season
>>
>>381620760
>he says after 420 posts
It's too late, the this board is retarded.
And people love warring with other "fans" of their series, FE is no different.
>>
>>381620857
that's a 0% growth PT, not a fucking solo. Can you even read?
>>
>>381619997
Brynhilder is pretty shitty, as is Leo in general.
>>
This fanbase is fucking Godawful, and I say this as someone who likes Fire Emblem.
>>
>>381620871
Yet I said it was never hard in the first post.
>>
File: FnT18B.png (35KB, 448x464px) Image search: [Google]
FnT18B.png
35KB, 448x464px
>>381620575
>>381620602
I can keep going.
>>
>>381621042
Yeah leo is shit but magic is generally terrible in the game.
>>381620871
Nice bait.
>>
>>381620716
>no that isn't automatically a bad thing.

Doesn't make it automatically good or exempt from criticism either.

The it's too different from other Fire Emblem games to be criticized meme will never not be funny. Just Echoesfags trying to think of any excuse to write off criticism of the game as invalid.
>>
Just found Berkut at the Duma Altar. Celica confirmed retarded. Berkut confirmed absolute madman.
>>
>>381621219

This is pretty much proof that what made Fire Emblem difficult wasn't just the map design. This stage was a fucking nightmare. Bow knights, bow knights, more fucking bow knights!
>>
>>381621091
I agree wholeheartedly.
At this rate we've almost overtaken Pokefags and Metroidfags in terms of whining rate.
>>
>>381621219
i just realized i've never actually played this map because i did A route in both of the two FE6 playthroughs i've done
>>
>>381621293
Berkut's burning passion for his waifu sets my heart on fire.
>>
>>381620523
>Except you never know where they spawn and what kind of units they bring
Did you read my post? I said as long as the player is given adequate warning about when/where they spawn. Its not something that they should be using willy nilly, but a well down ambush spawn can really up the ante in a mission.
>>
>>381621293

I legit had a hard time with evil Berkut. That fucker also doubled my Alm. Goddamn what a good fight that was.

Also yes, Celica is fucking retarded. But then I always knew this. Her brother is the only smart one of the two.
>>
>>381621272
This.

"These shitty maps and bland story and repetitive gameplay and poor characters are justifed because it was DESIGNED that way"

what a dumb fucking argument
>>
File: FEfnt24.png (42KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
FEfnt24.png
42KB, 512x768px
>>381621352
It's a nightmare because you're being cav spammed on a flat open field map.

>>381621504
Here's one you might recognize.
>>
>>381621569
>as long as the player is given adequate warning about when/where they spawn

it's literally never fucking happened in any FE that uses SMR

why are you describing a hypothetical
>>
>>381621615
Berkut was easy as fuck. Double Lion and Warp is too good for taking care of Rinea.
>>
>>381621365

I think you're right. We're reaching levels of bitching that shouldn't be possible.
>>
>>381621727
>Its never happened
Fucking Awakening tells you a couple times where the same turn reinforcements are going to spawn. Like in the Mila Tree map where beard man tells you about how he's waiting for you to get close to him so he can mess you up with his reinforcement spam.
>>
>>381621794

Don't see how you thought that nigga was easy, not with the endless amounts of sorcerers slapping everyone's shit. Couldn't even kill Rinea in one go either, I had to risk someone possibly getting killed in order to get the job done.
>>
>>381621959
Warp/Rescue shenanigans. You DID turn Faye into a Cleric, right?
>>
>>381621898
god you are fucking stupid

awakeningfags defending SMR. Retards defending a retarded mechanic. This is the last thing I'm surprised

see>>381620523
>>381619407
>>
Gaiden/Echoes is a game about a MAN being right and a WOMAN being wrong.
>>
File: FE6C7.png (25KB, 336x448px) Image search: [Google]
FE6C7.png
25KB, 336x448px
Hope you like getting run down by wyvern knights and same turn reinforcement cavalry spawning in from where you deployed from. Also here take this useless myrmidon.
>>
>>381621849
Gaiden and Echoes are such pathetic games that the only time they really get any significant attention is when people are bitching about how mediocre they are.

>>381621959
Your Alm must've gotten RNG screwed hard or you didn't Forge the Royal Sword enough. Alm should be bulky enough to survive one round against Berkut after killing Rinea. So you don't even need Faye to be a Cleric.

>>381621959
>sorcerers slapping everyone's shit.

You use Silque's Invoke to deal with the sorcerers. Is this your first Fire Emblem game?
>>
>>381622284

Invoke didn't kill any of them. And fuck off, I've played my fair share of Fire Emblems.
>>
>>381605443
NIHIL SUCKS, whats the point of having skills if everything late game has nihil
>>
>>381621270
+Magic is actually the strongest build for Corrin, since he has easy access to usable Magic weapons in pretty much every viable class for it, even fucking Paladin with the Levin Sword.
>>
>>381622205
I was worried that Alm would be angsty about being the leader of the resistance, but he was a surprisingly level-headed character.

Celica, on the other hand, seemed to be ignorant to the fact that her party could murder practically everything in the game without breaking a sweat.
>>
File: 1460075849924.jpg (233KB, 1143x950px) Image search: [Google]
1460075849924.jpg
233KB, 1143x950px
>>381622231
That map was fun, faggot.
>>
>>381622052
>say it literally never happened
>here's an example
>god you are so stupid
I don't like same turn movement with reinforcements but your post was even more stupid.
>>
>>381622052
>Awakeningfag
Because I proved you wrong when you said a broad claim about how IS never warns the player about same turn reinforcements? Awakening's a very poor game but it did make some decent choices.
>>
>>381622383
You don't need to kill them. Just distract them.
>>
>>381622573
no game with SMR ever tells you exactly where enemies spawn or what

god you are fucking stupid

and no, "they're coming in the east direction" isn't even close to being good enough

and there's a massive fucking difference between a general spawning, or an archer spawning, or a flying unit spawning

you're so fucking retarded
>>
>>381621849
I know, it's impossible to even mention any of them without
>X is better, Y fags btfo
>you didn't REALLY like it
>you don't deserve to play this series if you liked X game
>X game is the worst! Y game is the best! No middle ground!
It's insufferable. Sorry for the late reply.
>>
>>381622524
Alm is a great character. I'm sad he isn't as badass as in Gaiden but they made up for it by making him a really smart and good leader. There's a lot of shit he does that other Lords would fuck up. Like when he was going to kill Berkut instead of letting him run away for the 100th time like FE villains always do. Only thing that saved Berkut's ass was Nuibaba's mirror.
>>
>>381622590
see>>381622683
>>
File: FEfnt23.png (36KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
FEfnt23.png
36KB, 384x512px
>>381622543
You're clearly delusional or a masochist if you think same turn reinforcements cavalry spawning in on your rear flank is fun.
>>
File: IMG_5033.png (893KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5033.png
893KB, 600x839px
>>381584838
3D Console FE with no sprite shit WHEN!

Also Path of Radience HD remaster!
>>
>>381622643

Oh, you said invoke. Why did I read that as expel? I tried invoke too, but they still went after some of my units some of the time. Was the same with the dragons I encountered in Thabes Labyrinth. They would occasionally just ignore them and kill my units.

The only strategy that worked out well for me was having everyone take on the sorcerers at once, then moving to the right, and this was only with some extremely good RNG luck.
>>
>>381622730
>Alm is a great character.

Did we play the same game?

He's generic as hell and has practically no character flaws while being surrounded by a holier-than-thou aura.

He honestly feels like a toned down avatar.

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/72456-do-you-like-alms-character-spoilers-i-guess/
>>
>>381588408
>Put flier in range of a bow knight.
>bow knight kills you
>whoa this AI is super smart!

You are literally the stupidest poster in this thread. Congrats.
>>
File: 1494570191485.png (2KB, 142x132px) Image search: [Google]
1494570191485.png
2KB, 142x132px
>>381622789
It's called unit management and adapting to a rushing strategy because you're blatantly told that enemies are coming up on your ass. If you take too long, then you get jumped. Go at a proper efficient pace and the reinforcements won't be a problem.
>>
>>381622887
>Also Path of Radience HD remaster!
>Please keep selling the same games over and over! I hate new content!

Kill yourself.
>>
>>381622231
Not only does the game warn you with "our reinforcements will be arriving from the south soon," but you also have plenty of time to kill everything below the castle gate before they spawn. If you got fucked on this map it's your own fault.
>>
>>381623102
Path of Radiance is actually hard to legally obtain without it being overpriced. A remaster of PoR isn't completely unreasonable.
>>
>>381623093
the strawmanning is hard with this one. Congratulations on picking out a single part of a context while ignoring the whole and then spewing diarrhea all over it. You're so fucking dumb it makes me wonder how a mother can be so heartless as to drink alcohol during pregnancy
>>
>>381623290
Just let trolls be stupid.
>>
>>381622683

>and no, "they're coming in the east direction" isn't even close to being good enough

Not him, but it should be enough. You may not be able to tell exactly what space is the cutoff point for being targeted, but it serves as a warning to get the fuck away from that area
>>
>>381623290
I think you need to calm down. Being this autistic isn't good for you. I've been lurking and its pretty clear which posts are you.
>>
>>381622730
>Isn't as badass as in Gaiden
You might want to replay/reread Gaiden's script anon.
>>
>>381623096
No it's called 'hoping your cavs got enough def to bait the wyverns effectively so your rear doesn't get run down turn 10'. It also doesn't alleviate the issue of that chapter being slow as molasses.
>>
File: 1488438188514.jpg (125KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
1488438188514.jpg
125KB, 637x476px
Celica's actions near the end of the game don't make any sense. It's like she spontaneously became retarded.
>>
>>381585325
Faye get off the internet
>>
>>381623274
Bundle it with RD and I'd buy it. My copy blew out a long time ago and fuck paying $80 for another one.
>>
>>381623274
I did not know that. I always plaid my cousins copy.

At the very least virtual console. Not enough people have played this masterpiece of a story.

Also do we like Radient Dawn? Never beat it but got close. Game is brutal.
>>
>>381623415
play some more FEs kid
>>
>>381623290
No strawman, but an actual rebuttal you retard.

>that without the support attack from the General in #2, she would've lived.
Wrong. Camilla was in the bow knight's range so he would've killed her regardless of the general or even the maid. Why even put her in range? 84% hit isn't really dodge tank territory.

Not sure what you're trying to show here, that an enemy with a bow, in range to kill a flier will go for it? That's every fire emblem game ever. If you want actual good AI go play Thracia where enemies can trade and buy shit.

Actually I take that back, I dunno what's dumber, you, or the fact that it took this long for someone to call you out.
>>
>>381623730
Radiant Dawn could have been the best game in the series if they reeled in their ambitions a little bit
>>
>>381622683
>"they're coming in the east direction"
This is the part where you don't leave your fucking squishies/game over bait units in the east.

Do you want IS to kiss your ass and tell you that they're going to spawning a group of wyvern lords on turn 10?
>>
>>381601050
>Sacred Stones
>not the king of bad tier

It's proto-Awakening tier easy and short as hell. No amount of slightly darker than a non Jugdral FE plot can fix the ez mode.
>>
>>381623813
You can ignore the moves the AI makes in response to the miss and divert attention to the dumb move the player made all you want, doesn't make the AI not great.
>>
>>381623813
you're missing the point so hard you're flying past the atmosphere. Read the post again carefully

>>381623912
except in many cases the game doesn't even bother telling you where enemies will spawn. A general direction isn't sufficient information, and the game doesn't even tell you that much. I question if you've ever actually played awakening
>>
>>381607921
>pure gameplay
If gameplay was all you cared about you'd be sucking Thracia's throbbing cock. Cuckquestfags are obvious newfags.
>>
>>381623942
People praise FE4 and 9 as the best games ever and they're easy as shit.
>>
>>381620402
>RNG item pickups in a field of tiles based on your luck stat
>Even your highest luck character can spend up to three turns in the space without getting it, and if you're not using a guide you basically miss out on it all

Thanks for giving me PTSD
>>
>>381624231
IIRC Thieves have 100% pick up rate.
>>
>>381620402
post the desert fog of war map. Or was that one it?
>>
>>381594289
Sacred is ex mode filth with no waifu pandering.

But does have the most memorable male Wyvern Riders. Seriously Wyvern Riders in FE are just glorified Pegasus Knights genderwise outside Sacred Stones and Haar.
>>
>>381624081
It's pretty obvious that the only game Conquestfags have played before is Awakening, hence why they think it's so special when it's actually pretty garbage

>WHOA THE AI KILLS ME WHEN I PUT SOMEONE WHO CAN DIE IN THEIR RANGE. THIS IS SOME NEXT LEVEL INNOVATION.
>>
File: 1440435727604.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1440435727604.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>381617319
>>381617921
This exchange can be used to sum up a good 2/3 of this thread.
>>
>>381624436
>strawmanning this hard
whew lad
>>
>>381596781
>Rudolph's endgame and Celica's retardation worse than Eirika
>Good plot

It's only barely more tolerable than Walhart's arc
>>
>>381623813
>If you want actual good AI go play Thracia where enemies can trade and buy shit.

You mean a game that frequently tries to overwhelm you with units with shitty stats?
>>
File: desert.png (18KB, 352x256px) Image search: [Google]
desert.png
18KB, 352x256px
>>381624281
>>
I really really liked echoes. It's not gonna go down as my favorite, and honestly I wasn't exactly raring to replay it, but between its magic system, its archers which covered half the map, and all the other weird quirks it's got a lot of stuff in it that isn't anywhere else in the series that will bring me back to it because I enjoyed it so much.
>>
>>381624571
Sorry I called out your stupidity. Bullying retards is mean though so I should stop.
>>
>>381624654
Enemies have equally shitty stats if not worse.
>>
>>381598236
Only if they aren't HP walls with Stormtrooper accuracy outside Zombie Dragons
>>
>>381624081
thracia also has an engaging story and a good lord to go with the good gameplay though conquest fans are allergic to those
>>
>>381624750
>resorting to insults now
keep trying
>>
>>381604667
Awakening is Neo Suckred Stones but it's not as hyper offensive as Fates.
>>
>>381624578
The only thing that Echoes Act 5 did better than Gaiden's was the Berkut part (which doesn't even exist in the original). Everything else was worse.
>>
I liked Birthright better honestly. Mostly because Conquest has the most unsatisfying plot in the world. The weeaboo weapon variants are pretty neato.
>>
>>381617314
ez mode can be forgiven with the right amount of bells and whistles

Tellius games had characters that were proper middle grounds between olde FE blandies and nu FE quirky memes
>>
>>381625079
this

at least in the original celica obeyed the blatantly evil obviously lying sorcerer because the only other option was watching alm get slowly murdered by endless waves of dragons

there's literally no excuse for making her more retarded in the remake
>>
>>381624758
I was talking about the enemies though.
>>
>>381624091
4 and 9 must be less offensive then
>>
>>381625280
Faye should not have been allowed the script
>>
>>381625675
Faye is a non character, Conrad's existence however hurts Celica's backstory and then it just spirals on from there.
>>
>>381625280
>in the original celica obeyed the blatantly evil obviously lying sorcerer because the only other option was watching alm get slowly murdered by endless waves of dragons

what?
>>
>>381625925
There's an event that Echoes took out where Alm would have to fight a horde of Dracozombies until when Celica gives up herself to Jedah.
Thread posts: 518
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.