[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it's likely Exodus will be the final game in the Metro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1488893250266.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1488893250266.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
So it's likely Exodus will be the final game in the Metro series.

After the series is finished what would /v/ think if 4A did a STALKER game?

the final installment to the franchise unless Metro 2036 is released, what would /v/ think if 4A did a STALKER game?

Would they be able to pull it off?
>>
I'd rather they just make a full on Roadside Picnic game where it's literally caused by aliens
>>
>>381582293
I can see why this might be a good idea. Both STALKER and Metro were based off of very popular books and some of the Metro developers came from GSC. However, STALKER and Metro are very different in terms of gameplay. So It might not live up to expectations. Also STALKER 2 would definitely need a new engine because the x-ray engine was buggy as shit.
>>
>>381582737
Exodus is going to be quite a bit like stalker though
>>
>>381582856
Based on what? all we got was a short game play trailer that looked just as linear as previous Metro.
>>
>>381582293
I want them to do a dystopian scifi shooter next. Something that's their own.

I wanted machine games to do this (still do) but they are hell bent on pushing their "muh evil whites" narrative with the garbage wolfenstein series. I love starbreeze to death, but fuck I hate that series.
>>
>>381582293
STALKER is still owned by GSC, no matter that there's practically no old devs left in the new team now.

I also don't understand the praise for Metro games. They're literally the same kind of linear ""cinematic"" console shooters like CoD and such, just masqueraded as post-apocalyptic Russia. Devs of such games would definitely NOT be my prime choice for a true STALKER game, and no - any kind of streamlining would kill the point.
>>
>>381582686
>aliens
Were there any definite proof that the sites were caused by aliens tho?
>>
>>381583002
Devs said so
There are going to be linear levels mixed with bigger, more open ones
>>
File: 1493751793457.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493751793457.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
nyet
>>
>>381583527

Yeah, they're linear but they don't play anything like a CoD game. There's a lot of nuance to their design and pacing and storytelling, with a focus on atmosphere, tension, and unique gameplay setups. CoDs are just the same thing for 5 hours; whack a mole. It's not really fair to compare them, but it's understandable if the linearity is a turn off for certain folks.
>>
>>381584256
Nigga they tell you that shit right at the beginning of the book
>>
>>381586609
>CoDs are just the same thing for 5 hours
So you've not played a single ""modern"" CoD in the past 10+ years? It's a series known for overblown set pieces that are introduced and then forgotten the next minute.

And no, it's totally fair to compare them. You really gotta start splitting hairs to make Metro that much different from the generic console fodder. You can have linear games not feel linear and be greatly enjoyable, example being Half-Life games and FEAR, but Metro falls into the unfortunate single-use-only category of games.
>>
>>381586770
It's been years since I read it. From my recollection it was only speculated that aliens were involved and it was nobody really had the answer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.